IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-05-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:01:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc
20:01:55 [Ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
20:02:00 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:02:02 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:06 [Ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:02:06 [Zakim]
ok, Ben, I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM already started
20:02:21 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:02:21 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:25 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:02:27 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:02:29 [rscano]
zakim, ??P7 is Roberto_Scano
20:02:29 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:02:35 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:02:35 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:02:39 [rscano]
zakim, mute me
20:02:39 [Zakim]
Roberto_Scano should now be muted
20:02:42 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:43 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007AprJun/0077.html
20:02:44 [rellero_]
zakim, ??P8 is Roberto_Ellero
20:02:44 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:02:51 [Ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:57 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:03:47 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:03:58 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aadd
20:04:00 [Ben]
Regrets: Alex_Li, Tim_Boland
20:04:12 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:04:14 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:04:18 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:24 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:04:33 [Ben]
agenda+ More Misc issues for 30 April 2007
20:04:40 [Ben]
agenda+ Simplified intro and conformance (Pass 2) for May 3rd
20:04:41 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:47 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Questions for 03 May 2007
20:04:55 [Ben]
agenda+ Unapproved failures that relate to closing issues
20:05:09 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:06:17 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:06:19 [Zakim]
+??P14
20:06:30 [bengt]
zakim, ??P14 is Bengt_Farre
20:06:30 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:07:04 [Zakim]
+??P16
20:07:11 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
20:09:25 [Loretta]
ack k
20:12:17 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
20:13:09 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:13:09 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Ben]
20:13:38 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:13:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cynthia_Shelly, Drew_LaHart, Bruce_Bailey, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Roberto_Scano (muted), Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe, Sean_Hayes, Katie_Haritos-Shea,
20:13:42 [Zakim]
... [Microsoft], Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sofia_Celic, Bengt_Farre, Cooper, David_MacDonald
20:14:29 [se]
se has joined #wai-wcag
20:15:52 [MichaelC]
zakim, Cynthia is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:15:52 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:16:10 [Andi]
Topic: Timeline
20:16:47 [Andi]
Stabilization draft publish date week of May 14th
20:19:03 [Andi]
45 day comment period
20:19:22 [SeanHayes]
SeanHayes has joined #wai-wcag
20:24:24 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:25:55 [Andi]
resolution: Accept the following by unanimous consent: CAPTCHA Bullet, LC-1183, New examples for Web page, Technique attached to wrong SC, LC-1080, HTM 2.4.9, LC-1029, How to Meet Success Criterion 1.1.1, Technology Features and Accessibility Support
20:28:08 [Andi]
Topic: 954: Definition of "text" (and "non-text content")
20:36:07 [Loretta]
q+
20:41:20 [Andi]
resolution: accept 954 definitions of "text" and "non-text content" as amended
20:41:39 [Andi]
topic: 762, 1042, 1145 Alternate Versions
20:42:13 [Loretta]
ack l
20:49:48 [MichaelC]
q+ to say your tool would have a white list of file extensions AND MIME types
20:51:33 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
20:52:51 [MichaelC]
q-
20:54:10 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
20:54:14 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
20:56:11 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:10 [Gregg]
ack b
20:58:05 [Gregg]
ack c
20:59:10 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:01:34 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:23 [MichaelC]
q+ to check call timing
21:02:50 [Andi]
q+
21:04:13 [Gregg]
ack david
21:06:43 [foo]
foo has joined #wai-wcag
21:06:59 [foo]
+q
21:07:30 [Gregg]
ack michael
21:07:30 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to check call timing
21:10:40 [Gregg]
ack a
21:12:01 [Gregg]
ack b
21:13:22 [Gregg]
ack f
21:14:23 [Andi]
q+
21:15:41 [Gregg]
ack a
21:19:09 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:19:11 [Gregg]
ack b
21:19:24 [Sean]
+q
21:19:28 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:19:33 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:19:51 [Gregg]
ack s
21:19:59 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:21:37 [Gregg]
ack d
21:32:21 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:35:14 [MichaelC]
q+ to time check again
21:36:05 [Ben]
ack David
21:36:06 [Ben]
ack Mich
21:36:06 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to time check again
21:39:42 [Gregg]
ack k
21:40:16 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:41:34 [Andi]
Alternate versions proposal tabled until the end of the call
21:43:33 [Sean]
Sean has left #wai-wcag
21:43:33 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:44:11 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 1.1.1: Providing a text alternative that describes the purpose of the CAPTCHA
21:44:32 [Andi]
resolution: accept sufficient technique for CAPTCHA as amended
21:44:51 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 1.1.1: Ensuring that the Web Page contains another CAPTCHA serving the same purpose using a different modality
21:47:00 [Andi]
resolution: accept technique on CAPTCHA modalities as proposed
21:47:19 [Andi]
topic: Contrast SC
21:49:05 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:49:58 [bengt]
log<sub>10</sub> or log<sub>2</log>
21:50:16 [bengt]
is it log10 or log2 ?
21:50:42 [bengt]
q+ to say which log
21:51:10 [bengt]
q-
21:54:31 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
21:57:23 [Andi]
resolution: accept Contrast SC as amended
21:58:02 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.3 and 1.4.6: Using liquid layout
22:02:52 [Andi]
action: Michael to add generic description to Intent section
22:03:11 [Andi]
resolution: accept sufficient technique on using liquid layout with Michael's action
22:03:30 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:03:36 [Andi]
topic: Headings and "programmatically determined link context"
22:04:47 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
22:04:51 [Loretta]
q+
22:05:42 [Loretta]
q-
22:08:45 [Sean]
+q
22:08:55 [Sean]
Sean has left #wai-wcag
22:08:55 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
22:09:18 [Gregg]
ack sean
22:11:41 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:11:41 [Andi]
resolution: accept definition of "programmatically determined link context" as amended. Make the note an example applicable in English language.
22:11:54 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:12:23 [Andi]
topic: 1057 Avoiding errors
22:12:33 [Andi]
resolution: accept 1057 avoiding errors as amended
22:19:21 [Andi]
topic: Success Criterion 2.3.1 (Flash) as proposed
22:19:37 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2.3.1 (Flash) as proposed
22:19:39 [Andi]
topic:
22:20:11 [Andi]
topic: New example for SC 3.3.4
22:22:29 [Loretta]
q+
22:24:18 [Loretta]
q-
22:24:45 [Andi]
action: Michael to edit, get Sean's agreement
22:25:17 [Andi]
resolution: accept SC 3.3.4 with Michael's action
22:26:03 [Andi]
topic: New examples for Web page
22:27:08 [Andi]
resolution: Accept new examples for Web page as proposed
22:27:24 [Andi]
topic: Technique attached to wrong SC
22:27:35 [Andi]
resolution: accept technique attached to wrong SC as proposed
22:28:08 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 2.4.9: Organizing a page using headings
22:30:56 [Andi]
resolution: Accept sufficient technique for 2.4.9 as proposed
22:31:28 [Andi]
topic: 912: User interface component
22:33:49 [Andi]
resolution: accept 912 User interface component as amended
22:36:40 [Andi]
topic: Proposed edits to Introduction
22:42:54 [Andi]
action: Gregg and Loretta to consider Andi's comment
22:57:16 [Andi]
s/editorial comment about even content that conforms at level AA may not be accessible to all users/comment/
22:57:46 [Andi]
resolution: accept Introduction as amended
22:57:48 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:01:07 [Andi]
q+
23:03:10 [MichaelC]
q+ to note time
23:03:17 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
23:05:29 [Andi]
q-
23:07:09 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:09:50 [Andi]
topic: Proposed Edits to Conformance Section
23:11:17 [Gregg]
Creating your own list of technologies that have accessibility support
23:11:17 [Gregg]
Authors, companies or others may wish to create their own lists of accessibility-supported technologies
23:11:17 [Gregg]
Rules for Supported Technologies
23:11:17 [Gregg]
To qualify for such a list the following must be true for a technology.
23:12:28 [Gregg]
Creating your own list of technologies that have accessibility support
23:12:28 [Gregg]
Authors, companies or others may wish to create their own lists of accessibility-supported technologies
23:12:28 [Gregg]
Rules for Supported Technologies
23:12:28 [Gregg]
To qualify as an Accessibility Supported technology the following must be true for a technology.
23:15:49 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:18:00 [MichaelC]
q+ to note we've lost 1/3 of our participants for today
23:19:13 [MichaelC]
q+ to say recount: 1/2
23:25:34 [Andi]
resolution: accept Conformance section as amended
23:26:20 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
23:26:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_Vanderheiden, Bruce_Bailey, Sean_Hayes, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cooper, David_MacDonald, Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:26:22 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
23:29:54 [MichaelC]
ack me
23:29:54 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to note time and to note we've lost 1/3 of our participants for today and to say recount: 1/2
23:30:17 [Andi]
topic: Keep reference to Additional Resources in prep for now - or not.
23:30:35 [Andi]
action: consider editing additional resources
23:30:48 [Andi]
resolution: accept additional resources
23:31:59 [Andi]
s/keep additional resources for now/accept additional resources/
23:32:04 [Andi]
topic: Move more stuff out of the INTRO
23:32:24 [Andi]
action: consider moving more stuff out of the Introduction
23:32:42 [Andi]
resolution: keep intro as is for now
23:33:04 [Andi]
topic: Can info be part in one and part in another technology (both incomplete?)
23:34:58 [Andi]
action: explore further the issue at http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/SimplifiedIntroAndConformance/results#xIssues3
23:37:21 [Andi]
topic: Edit to the 'clarification' paragraph
23:38:47 [Andi]
resolution: leave the statement "the WCAG 2.0 guidelines do not address many areas of need for people with these disabilities. There is a need for more research and development in this important area." as is
23:39:35 [Andi]
topic: 1028: Technology that doesn't fully support WCAG
23:40:25 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:44:25 [Andi]
resolution: accept 1028 as amended
23:44:46 [Andi]
topic: 1029: Baseline allows easy way out
23:44:54 [Andi]
resolution: accept 1029 as amended
23:45:12 [Andi]
topic: How to Meet Success Criterion 1.1.1
23:47:00 [Andi]
resolution: accept How to Meet SC 1.1.1 as proposed
23:47:16 [Andi]
Topic: Proposed changes to 2.1.1 and 2.1.2
23:49:55 [Andi]
defer 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 to next week
23:50:12 [Andi]
topic: Examples for Failure of SC 1.4.4 and 1.4.7
23:50:42 [Andi]
resolution: accept examples for failure of SC 1.4.4 and 1.4.7 as amended
23:50:55 [Andi]
topic: Technology Features and Accessibility Support
23:51:13 [Andi]
resolution: accept technology features and accessibility support as proposed
23:51:21 [Andi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
23:51:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_Vanderheiden, Sean_Hayes, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cooper, David_MacDonald, Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:51:23 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
23:52:32 [Ben]
Present: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Cynthia_Shelly, Drew_LaHart, Bruce_Bailey, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Roberto_Scano, Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe, Sean_Hayes, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sofia_Celic, Bengt_Farre, Cooper, David_MacDonald
23:53:10 [Andi]
topic: Failure due to providing a mechanism to adjust time limits that users may not find before the time limit expires
23:58:50 [Andi]
resolution: remove the failure on providing a mechanism to adjust time limits that users may not find
23:59:13 [Andi]
action: revisit issue 1048
23:59:34 [Andi]
topic: Failure of SC 1.1.1 due to providing a title attribute without also providing a non-null alt attribute
00:00:14 [Andi]
resolution: remove the failure on using the title attribute instead of alt attribute
00:00:48 [Andi]
action: revisit issue 850
00:01:28 [Andi]
topic: Failure of SC 1.2.1 by providing multimedia without captions when the multimedia presents more information than is presented in its associated text
00:02:41 [Andi]
action: Gregg to talk to Cynthia about testability issue on failure of SC 1.2.1
00:03:40 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
00:03:49 [Andi]
topic: Failure of SC 1.2.1 by not associating a multimedia alternative with its associated text
00:04:11 [Andi]
action: take Ben's editorial suggestion and re-survey
00:06:20 [Zakim]
-Cooper
00:06:24 [Andi]
s/re-survey failure of SC 1.2.1 by not associating a multimedia alternative with its associated text/re-survey/
00:06:50 [Zakim]
+Cooper
00:07:32 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
00:07:54 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
00:07:55 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
00:07:56 [Zakim]
-Cooper
00:07:57 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
00:07:58 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
00:07:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.410.757.aaaa, +1.301.668.aabb, +1.613.237.aacc, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Roberto_Scano, Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe, +7.971.aadd, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
00:08:03 [Zakim]
... Sofia_Celic, Cooper, Bengt_Farre, David_MacDonald, Bruce_Bailey, Drew_LaHart, Sean_Hayes, Cynthia_Shelly, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Ben_Caldwell
00:08:09 [Ben]
zakim, bye
00:08:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
00:08:13 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
I see 10 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to add generic description to Intent section [1]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T22-02-52
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to edit, get Sean's agreement [2]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T22-24-45
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg and Loretta to consider Andi's comment [3]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T22-42-54
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: consider editing additional resources [4]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T23-30-35
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: consider moving more stuff out of the Introduction [5]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T23-32-24
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: explore further the issue at http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/SimplifiedIntroAndConformance/results#xIssues3 [6]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T23-34-58
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: revisit issue 1048 [7]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T23-59-13
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: revisit issue 850 [8]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T00-00-48
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to talk to Cynthia about testability issue on failure of SC 1.2.1 [9]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T00-02-41
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: take Ben's editorial suggestion and re-survey [10]
00:08:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/03-wai-wcag-irc#T00-04-11