IRC log of tsdtf on 2007-05-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:29:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:29:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-tsdtf-irc
12:29:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:29:32 [shadi]
zakim, room for 10?
12:29:33 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; conference Team_(tsdtf)12:29Z scheduled with code 26633 (CONF3) for 60 minutes until 1329Z
12:31:25 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:32:00 [shadi]
shadi has changed the topic to: teleconference code: 26633
12:32:15 [Zakim]
Team_(tsdtf)12:29Z has now started
12:32:17 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:32:23 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
12:32:39 [Zakim]
+Cooper
12:33:58 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:34:59 [Zakim]
+Vangelis_Karkaletsis
12:36:49 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
12:37:22 [Zakim]
+[CTIC]
12:37:35 [carlosV]
carlosV has joined #tsdtf
12:37:59 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
12:38:09 [shadi]
chair: Christophe, CarlosV
12:38:21 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0026.html
12:39:15 [MichaelC]
scribe: MichaelC
12:39:56 [shadi]
topic: Review of the review process document
12:40:19 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2006/tests/process
12:40:46 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Mar/0026.html
12:40:52 [MichaelC]
cs: considering outcomes of review, added bugs we could discover
12:40:56 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0003.html
12:41:37 [MichaelC]
... when do we get back to submitter of sample?
12:42:12 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0023.html
12:46:57 [MichaelC]
vk: is this shown in structure document?
12:47:15 [MichaelC]
saz: waiting for group agreement before adding to flowchart
12:48:13 [Christophe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0023.html
12:48:23 [MichaelC]
RESOLUTION: accept flowchart from <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0023.html>
12:49:21 [MichaelC]
vk: send to WCAG?
12:50:13 [MichaelC]
s/vk:/cv:
12:50:28 [MichaelC]
saz: we don't know when they'll get back
12:51:50 [MichaelC]
cv: question about level of improvement when we get things back
12:52:17 [MichaelC]
saz: major improvement = reject (send it back and redo)
12:54:15 [MichaelC]
... moderate improvement situation, do we edit, or send back?
12:55:30 [MichaelC]
cv: what counts as each?
12:56:03 [MichaelC]
saz: minor is punctuation, editorial, easily done
12:56:22 [MichaelC]
... anything more substantial involves more work; suggest asking author to take time to fix
12:56:46 [MichaelC]
... so we can focus on reviewing other test samples, rather than fixing
12:57:36 [MichaelC]
cs: how do we communicate with author?
13:00:56 [MichaelC]
saz: as simply as possible
13:01:10 [MichaelC]
cv: what is threshold for making change vs sending back?
13:01:24 [MichaelC]
saz: suggest chair discretion based on group member availability
13:03:39 [shadi]
action: change "minor improvment" to "reject", and address chair's discretion in the moderate decision
13:05:41 [shadi]
rrsagent, drop action 1
13:05:50 [shadi]
action: SAZ change "minor improvment" to "reject", and address chair's discretion in the moderate decision
13:06:22 [shadi]
action: SAZ add item in content review for specName
13:07:24 [shadi]
topic: Potential changes to TCDL
13:08:00 [MichaelC]
cv: BenToWeb reviewed TCDL
13:09:01 [MichaelC]
... want to make changes, unsure of priority for W3C
13:09:18 [MichaelC]
... suggest RDF version
13:09:26 [MichaelC]
saz: would like to discuss offline
13:10:13 [MichaelC]
cv: like it though not sure now is right time
13:11:27 [MichaelC]
ci: prefer RDF, and TCDL not generic right now
13:11:40 [MichaelC]
... would like to solve those two problems at once, but it needs resources/time
13:13:04 [MichaelC]
mc: think it's time to focus on test case development, if TCDL works acceptably just go ahead
13:13:34 [MichaelC]
vk: want improved version, but agree to proceed with test case development
13:14:44 [MichaelC]
saz: check with ERT, as the WG as a whole would probably be involved
13:15:21 [shadi]
action: SAZ bring this discussion to ERT WG to check for interest/resources
13:17:45 [MichaelC]
mc: also notes that WCAG WG getting notably closer to point they need a good set of test samples to consume (though don't know exactly when still)
13:17:50 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: TSD TF more interested in developing test samples than revisiting the metadata at this point in time
13:18:37 [MichaelC]
topic: Reivew of example entries
13:18:46 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/20-tsdtf-minutes.html#action01
13:18:51 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/TestSampleStatusList
13:19:53 [MichaelC]
cs: currently, 2 through structure, 1 through content review
13:23:09 [MichaelC]
... some issues discussed on list, appear addressed
13:23:25 [MichaelC]
... need email address of submitter to communicate about issues on submitted samples
13:23:39 [MichaelC]
cv: will create BenToWeb email alias for purpose
13:27:16 [MichaelC]
action: CS to compile list of issues that came out of test sample reviews and check if/where they were addressed.
13:27:43 [MichaelC]
topic: New tests from BenToWeb team
13:27:51 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-tsdtf-minutes.html#action05
13:27:58 [Zakim]
-Vangelis_Karkaletsis
13:29:40 [MichaelC]
action: Carlos to "flood the task force with tests" coordinating with BenToWeb authors
13:30:15 [MichaelC]
topic: Feedback to submitters of test samples
13:31:24 [Zakim]
-Cooper
13:31:25 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:31:27 [Zakim]
-Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
13:31:28 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:31:31 [Zakim]
-[CTIC]
13:31:32 [Zakim]
Team_(tsdtf)12:29Z has ended
13:31:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Vangelis_Karkaletsis, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas, [CTIC]
13:31:43 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has left #tsdtf
13:32:09 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:32:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:32:14 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:32:19 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:32:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:32:20 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:32:25 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ change "minor improvment" to "reject", and address chair's discretion in the moderate decision [2]
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-tsdtf-irc#T13-05-50
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ add item in content review for specName [3]
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-tsdtf-irc#T13-06-22
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ bring this discussion to ERT WG to check for interest/resources [4]
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-tsdtf-irc#T13-15-21
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS to compile list of issues that came out of test sample reviews and check if/where they were addressed. [5]
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-tsdtf-irc#T13-27-16
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carlos to "flood the task force with tests" coordinating with BenToWeb authors [6]
13:32:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-tsdtf-irc#T13-29-40