IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-05-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:01:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
15:01:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-grddl-wg-irc
15:02:19 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: GRDDL WG 2 May http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:02:20 [chimezie]
ty
15:02:58 [Zakim]
+DanC
15:03:23 [briansuda]
briansuda has joined #grddl-wg
15:04:11 [DanC]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:04:11 [Zakim]
working on it, DanC
15:04:12 [Zakim]
agenda+ Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-05-02T11:00-0400
15:04:13 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
15:04:15 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL Spec: Edits done
15:04:16 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
15:04:17 [Zakim]
agenda+ Test Cases: Last Call
15:04:18 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
15:04:19 [Zakim]
agenda+ CR request for GRDDL Spec
15:04:20 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
15:04:21 [Zakim]
agenda+ Comments on GRDDL Spec since CR Request
15:04:22 [chimezie]
Zakim, who is here?
15:04:24 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
15:04:28 [Zakim]
agenda+ Primer - More Work, Note, or LC?
15:04:30 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
15:04:32 [Zakim]
agenda+ WWW2007 Tutorial, W3C Track, etc.
15:04:34 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
15:04:36 [Zakim]
agenda+ Advocating
15:04:40 [Zakim]
agendum 8 added
15:04:42 [Zakim]
agenda+ Relationship with RDFa
15:04:44 [Zakim]
agendum 9 added
15:04:46 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, DanC
15:04:48 [Zakim]
+Chimezie_Ogbuji
15:04:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.216.445.aaaa, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji
15:04:54 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, john-l, chimezie, Simone, DanC
15:04:55 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
15:05:08 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-05-02T11:00-0400" taken up
15:05:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.457.aabb
15:06:13 [DanC]
Zakim, mute aabb
15:06:13 [Zakim]
+1.919.457.aabb should now be muted
15:06:49 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:06:49 [DanC]
Zakim, where is 919?
15:06:50 [Zakim]
North American dialing code 1.919 is North Carolina
15:06:56 [Zakim]
- +1.919.457.aabb
15:07:08 [Simone]
Zakim. IPcaller is me
15:07:29 [john-l]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Simone
15:07:29 [Zakim]
+Simone; got it
15:08:14 [DanC]
Regrets: RReck
15:08:17 [DanC]
scribe?
15:08:24 [DanC]
Regrets+ IanD
15:08:36 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/att-0212/2007_04_25-grddl-minutes.html minutes 25 Apr
15:08:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.457.aacc
15:08:56 [DanC]
Zakim, mute Simone
15:08:56 [Zakim]
Simone should now be muted
15:09:42 [john-l]
Zakim, mute aacc
15:09:42 [Zakim]
+1.919.457.aacc should now be muted
15:10:58 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to cancel 9 May and meet again 16 May
15:11:11 [DanC]
agenda + next meeting: cancel 9 May and meet again 16 May ?
15:11:40 [DanC]
agenda + change GRDDL WG telcon schedule?
15:12:00 [DanC]
Regrets+ jjc
15:12:21 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:12:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.216.445.aaaa, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, Simone (muted), +1.919.457.aacc (muted)
15:12:36 [john-l]
Zakim, I am aaaa
15:12:36 [Zakim]
+john-l; got it
15:12:38 [DanC]
Zakim, aacc is HarryH
15:12:38 [Zakim]
+HarryH; got it
15:12:40 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:12:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john-l, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, Simone (muted), HarryH (muted)
15:13:07 [DanC]
Scribe: john-l
15:13:11 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:13:11 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "GRDDL Spec: Edits done" taken up
15:13:27 [john-l]
DanC: All my actions are done.
15:14:10 [john-l]
... Jeremy checked things; Dave Booth provided additional input, revealing a bug surrounding RDF/XML->RDF Graphs...
15:14:23 [john-l]
... Chime checked those changes, and we should be getting CR from the editor soon.
15:14:34 [DanC]
s/the editor/the W3C webmaster/
15:14:35 [john-l]
... Any comments on the GRDDL spec edits?
15:14:45 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:14:45 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Test Cases: Last Call" taken up
15:15:01 [DanC]
ACTION: chime to update dom in ack [DONE]
15:15:12 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#acknowledgements
15:15:44 [john-l]
DanC: Looks aknowledged to me, and in Unicode!
15:16:00 [DanC]
ACTION: jjc remove XSLT 2.0 / XSLT 1.0 fallback from embeddedRDF.xsl [DONE]
15:17:05 [john-l]
DanC: We need to index test cases by feature and/or issue.
15:17:31 [john-l]
... Either in the test cases document or the implementation report summary.
15:17:48 [john-l]
chimezie: I started to do this.
15:19:05 [DanC]
agenda + index of tests by feature/issues/assertion
15:19:12 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:19:12 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "CR request for GRDDL Spec" taken up
15:20:30 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/library
15:20:31 [john-l]
DanC: We don't have pointers to other functions by design, because reference implies endorsement.
15:20:44 [DanC]
ACTION: JJC to see that the CR request gets to The Director, copy chairs, as per http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=cr-tr [DONE]
15:21:45 [HarryH]
HarryH has joined #grddl-wg
15:21:45 [DanC]
possibility: add a link from library to http://esw.w3.org/topic/CustomRdfDialects with disclaimer re "community-maintained"
15:23:09 [john-l]
DanC: So we want to help users find other transforms without saying that they're GRDDL WG-approved.
15:23:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.668.aadd
15:23:23 [HarryH]
Zakim, aadd is HarryH
15:23:23 [Zakim]
+HarryH; got it
15:24:56 [john-l]
HarryH: There was a request for a list of "working" transformations.
15:25:22 [john-l]
DanC: We could point to the Wiki, which is probably the best option.
15:25:38 [john-l]
... This is the community's problem.
15:26:33 [john-l]
We don't want to use transforms from the test cases because they are offered for testing purposes only.
15:26:49 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to link from wiki to standard transform library.
15:27:39 [chimezie]
Zakim, who is here?
15:27:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john-l, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, Simone (muted), HarryH (muted), HarryH.a
15:27:39 [DanC]
Zakim, is fabien here?
15:27:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see HarryH, RRSAgent, Zakim, john-l, chimezie, Simone, DanC
15:27:43 [Zakim]
DanC, I do not see Fabien anywhere
15:27:52 [john-l]
HarryH: Fabian might be able to provide a logo.
15:28:03 [john-l]
DanC: Logo contest?
15:28:10 [john-l]
... Raise awareness of GRDDL, perhaps?
15:30:18 [HarryH]
ACTION: GRDDL Logo - semantic web at w3.org.
15:30:47 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to e-mail GRDDL Logo contest announcement - semantic web at w3.org.
15:31:23 [DanC]
action -5
15:32:59 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:32:59 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Comments on GRDDL Spec since CR Request" taken up
15:36:52 [john-l]
chimezie: Do we require an OK from these commentors?
15:37:13 [john-l]
DanC: No, but we're making a best effort to accomodate.
15:38:35 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:38:35 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Primer - More Work, Note, or LC?" taken up
15:39:02 [john-l]
HarryH: The Primer's up-to-date sans stuff about the health care example.
15:39:10 [john-l]
... I'm not quite done with my action.
15:39:34 [HarryH]
ex:DiagnosingImage a owl:Class;
15:39:34 [HarryH]
rdfs:subClassOf foaf:Image,
15:39:34 [HarryH]
[ a owl:Restriction;
15:39:34 [HarryH]
owl:onProperty ex:indicates;
15:39:34 [HarryH]
owl:someValuesFrom cpr:medical-sign ].
15:40:49 [DanC]
ACTION: HarryH to check any primer fixes in, with Chime etc. [CONTINUES]
15:42:00 [HarryH]
XSLT for HReview depends on BrianS's XSLT transform, which includes a bunch of other stylesheets.
15:43:01 [john-l]
HarryH: Ok to link to BrianS's stylesheet iff we're going to Note.
15:44:03 [john-l]
Several members briefly discussed moving these stylesheets into space under our control.
15:44:39 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:44:39 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "WWW2007 Tutorial, W3C Track, etc" taken up
15:45:09 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/tut7/gtut.html
15:45:26 [HarryH]
It's basically the Primer as a tutorial.
15:45:54 [FabienG]
FabienG has joined #grddl-wg
15:46:33 [john-l]
HarryH: Should we assume the audience knows SPARQL?
15:46:36 [john-l]
DanC: No.
15:47:02 [john-l]
HarryH: Then someone (preferrably not me) needs to come up with some content on this.
15:47:09 [john-l]
... And other background issues.
15:48:00 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:48:00 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Advocating" taken up
15:48:22 [Zakim]
+ +049238aaee
15:48:37 [chimezie]
http://www.semantic-conference.com/2007/conferenceglance.html
15:48:47 [john-l]
Zakim, aaee is FabienG
15:48:47 [Zakim]
+FabienG; got it
15:48:49 [chimezie]
has microformats and is GRDDLable
15:49:13 [john-l]
FabienG: You don't want me to draw that logo. :)
15:49:24 [HarryH]
Simone - if you can produce a logo that would be great!
15:49:40 [DanC]
ACTION: Chime to get Semantic Tech 2007 to use GRDDL+microformats for their calendar [DONE]
15:50:23 [DanC]
ACTION: HarryH to contact WWW2007 over microformats+GRDDL for their calendar. [DONE]
15:52:44 [john-l]
chimezie: I'll be leading a BOF session at SemTech 2007... anyone else want in?
15:52:56 [john-l]
... (BOF on GRDDL, that is)
15:53:20 [DanC]
checking http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/CG/#future ...
15:55:50 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:55:50 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Relationship with RDFa" taken up
15:55:53 [chimezie]
ACTION: Chime to contact SemWebCG (CC IvanH) about who might be at STC '07 - mention session
15:56:52 [chimezie]
wasn't there a request to callout RDFa in the same way we callout XPROC?
15:57:41 [DanC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0093.html
15:57:45 [john-l]
FabienG: I have produced two hGRDDL transforms.
15:58:04 [john-l]
... I don't think there are enough eyes from the hCard community on these transforms.
15:58:05 [DanC]
ACTION: Fabien to take action on testcase for microformat+XHTML->RDFa (i.e. hGRDDL). [DONE]
15:58:28 [john-l]
... There may be a problem with cascading/combined transforms.
15:59:48 [FabienG]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Apr/0129.html
16:00:20 [FabienG]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Apr/0132.html
16:04:11 [john-l]
Several members discuss how to use RDFa as the output from a GRDDL transformation.
16:04:59 [john-l]
FabienG: Members of the RDFa were asking for a merge of the RDFa result documents.
16:05:11 [john-l]
DanC noted that this is clearly outside the scope of GRDDL.
16:05:27 [john-l]
s/RDFa/RDFa community/
16:06:08 [DanC]
ACTION: john-l to make sure rdfa1 test case text reflects current state of rdfa. [DONE]
16:06:18 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:06:18 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "next meeting: cancel 9 May and meet again 16 May ?" taken up [from DanC]
16:07:07 [DanC]
note also IanD's schedule request
16:08:49 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to meet again Wed 16 May 11amET, Harry to chair, ?? to scribe
16:08:54 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:08:54 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose HarryH.a
16:08:57 [HarryH]
16th of May Meeting...
16:09:00 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:09:00 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Simone (muted)
16:09:08 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:09:08 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Simone (muted)
16:09:13 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:09:14 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:09:24 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to meet again Wed 16 May 11amET, Harry to chair, chime to scribe
16:10:03 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 12
16:10:03 [Zakim]
agendum 12. "index of tests by feature/issues/assertion" taken up [from DanC]
16:10:45 [FabienG]
I have to send regrets until May 30th.
16:11:05 [john-l]
HarryH: There was a request from ??? for better correspondance between spec features and test cases.
16:11:28 [DanC]
noted, FabienG ... at least... assuming HH sees your regrets
16:12:35 [john-l]
DanC: An index by feature seems to make sense.
16:12:50 [john-l]
chimezie: That's fine, but I might need help with an index by issue.
16:12:54 [DanC]
ACTION chimezie: start an index of tests by normative assertion (proxy for feature)
16:13:37 [DanC]
ACTION harry: start an index of tests by issue (not urgent; due 30 May)
16:14:15 [john-l]
DanC: The thing that we might question is issues with no tests, not the other way 'round.
16:15:00 [DanC]
ADJOURN
16:15:16 [john-l]
RRSAgent, please make minutes world readable
16:15:16 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'please make minutes world readable', john-l. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:15:33 [john-l]
RRSAgent, please make minutes world accessable
16:15:33 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'please make minutes world accessable', john-l. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:15:54 [Zakim]
-HarryH
16:17:03 [john-l]
RRSAgent, please make these minutes world-readable
16:17:03 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'please make these minutes world-readable', john-l. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:17:33 [john-l]
RRSAgent, please make these logs world-readable
16:17:44 [john-l]
RRSAgent, please draft the minutes
16:17:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-grddl-wg-minutes.html john-l
16:18:14 [john-l]
RRSAgent, please make these logs world-readable
16:19:34 [john-l]
Zakim, who's here?
16:19:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john-l, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, Simone (muted), HarryH.a, FabienG
16:19:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see FabienG, HarryH, RRSAgent, Zakim, john-l, chimezie, Simone, DanC
16:19:55 [john-l]
Zakim, list participants
16:19:55 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.216.445.aaaa, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, +1.919.457.aabb, Simone, +1.919.457.aacc, john-l, HarryH, +1.919.668.aadd, +049238aaee, FabienG
16:20:08 [john-l]
RRSAgent, please draft the minutes
16:20:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/02-grddl-wg-minutes.html john-l
16:21:25 [Zakim]
-john-l
16:21:41 [Zakim]
-Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:22:22 [HarryH]
xH: A Standards-based Web Application Programming Language
16:23:19 [Zakim]
-FabienG
16:24:43 [FabienG]
FabienG has left #grddl-wg
16:32:35 [Zakim]
-HarryH.a
16:32:36 [Zakim]
-DanC
16:33:03 [Zakim]
-Simone
16:33:04 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
16:33:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.216.445.aaaa, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, +1.919.457.aabb, Simone, +1.919.457.aacc, john-l, HarryH, +1.919.668.aadd, +049238aaee, FabienG
18:25:06 [briansuda]
briansuda has joined #grddl-wg