IRC log of rif on 2007-05-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:20:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
14:20:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/05/01-rif-irc
14:20:11 [ChrisW]
zakim, this will be rif
14:20:11 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisW; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 40 minutes
14:20:38 [ChrisW]
Meeting: RIF Telecon 1 May 07
14:20:47 [ChrisW]
Chair: Chris Welty
14:21:08 [ChrisW]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Apr/0100.html
14:21:24 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has changed the topic to: 1 May RIF Telecon, Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Apr/0100.html
14:21:37 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Admin
14:21:45 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Liason
14:21:52 [ChrisW]
agenda+ F2F
14:22:00 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Technical Design
14:22:06 [ChrisW]
agenda+ UCR
14:22:09 [ChrisW]
agenda+ RIFRAF
14:22:13 [ChrisW]
agenda+ AOB
14:22:26 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:22:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/01-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
14:25:50 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:55:56 [PhilippeB]
PhilippeB has joined #rif
14:56:40 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
14:56:43 [PhilippeB]
Zkim, mute me
14:56:48 [Zakim]
+ +33.1.60.47.aaaa
14:56:54 [PhilippeB]
Zakim, mute me
14:56:54 [Zakim]
sorry, PhilippeB, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
14:57:06 [Zakim]
+Philippe_Bonnard (was +33.1.60.47.aaaa)
14:57:14 [PhilippeB]
Zakim, mut me
14:57:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mut me', PhilippeB
14:57:20 [PhilippeB]
Zakim, mute me
14:57:20 [Zakim]
sorry, PhilippeB, muting is not permitted when only one person is present
14:58:02 [Harold]
Harold has joined #rif
14:58:39 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
14:58:53 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
14:59:18 [Harold]
Zakim, [NRCC] is me
14:59:18 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
14:59:46 [PaulVincent]
PaulVincent has joined #rif
15:00:07 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #rif
15:00:33 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:00:41 [Zakim]
+??P14
15:00:43 [Zakim]
+ +39.047.101.aabb
15:00:44 [Zakim]
+Dave_Reynolds (was ??P14)
15:00:57 [Zakim]
-Dave_Reynolds
15:01:23 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
15:01:26 [Deborah_Nichols]
Deborah_Nichols has joined #rif
15:01:35 [Zakim]
+??P15
15:01:42 [Zakim]
+Dave_Reynolds (was ??P15)
15:01:47 [Zakim]
+ChrisW
15:02:02 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:02:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Philippe_Bonnard, Harold, ??P10, josb (muted), Dave_Reynolds, ChrisW
15:02:21 [Zakim]
+Deborah_Nichols
15:02:25 [Zakim]
+Leora_Morgenstern
15:02:30 [StellaMitchell]
StellaMitchell has joined #rif
15:02:48 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
15:03:50 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:03:57 [Zakim]
+ChrisW
15:04:09 [StellaMitchell]
zakim, [ibm] is temporarily StellaMitchell
15:04:10 [Zakim]
+StellaMitchell; got it
15:04:27 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:04:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Philippe_Bonnard, Harold, PaulVincent, josb (muted), Dave_Reynolds, Deborah_Nichols (muted), Leora_Morgenstern, StellaMitchell, ChrisW
15:05:01 [Allen]
Allen has joined #rif
15:05:43 [csma]
csma has joined #rif
15:05:44 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:05:58 [PhilippeB]
Zakim, mute me
15:05:58 [Zakim]
Philippe_Bonnard should now be muted
15:06:22 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I'll volunteer, while I still remembver zakim commands
15:06:24 [Zakim]
+Allen_Ginsberg
15:06:37 [ChrisW]
Scribe: Leora Morgenstern
15:06:46 [ChrisW]
scribenick: LeoraMorgenstern
15:06:56 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:06:56 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:07:16 [Allen]
zakim, mute me
15:07:16 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should now be muted
15:08:28 [LeoraMorgenstern]
sandro: when will we have the demo?
15:08:48 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: it seems we don't want to push it off to the end of the meeting.
15:08:54 [Zakim]
+Christian
15:08:54 [LeoraMorgenstern]
RESO
15:08:55 [ChrisW]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Apr/0059.html
15:09:07 [csma]
zakim, christian is me
15:09:07 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
15:09:14 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:09:14 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:09:20 [LeoraMorgenstern]
RESOLVED: accept minutes of April 17 meeting
15:09:28 [ChrisW]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Apr/0084.html
15:09:34 [LeoraMorgenstern]
APPROVED: accept minutes of April 17 meeting
15:09:45 [LeoraMorgenstern]
RESOLVED: accept minutes of April 24 meeting
15:09:54 [LeoraMorgenstern]
APPROVED: accept minutes of April 24 meeting
15:10:09 [Zakim]
-Leora_Morgenstern
15:10:12 [LeoraMorgenstern]
got off will call in again
15:10:24 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:10:24 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Liason" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:10:38 [Zakim]
+Leora_Morgenstern
15:10:41 [ChrisW]
zakim, close item 2
15:10:41 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Liason, closed
15:10:45 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:10:47 [Zakim]
3. F2F [from ChrisW]
15:10:48 [StellaMitchell]
chris: any liason reports? ... (none)
15:10:48 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, next item
15:10:52 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "F2F" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:10:57 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:10:57 [Zakim]
agendum 3 was just opened, ChrisW
15:11:09 [josb]
yes
15:11:15 [josb]
I did not check yet
15:11:18 [csma]
I did
15:11:19 [josb]
I filled it in myself :-)
15:11:32 [johnhall]
johnhall has joined #rif
15:11:42 [josb]
anyway, people will have some time
15:12:08 [LeoraMorgenstern]
chris: Any new information on the F2F?
15:12:26 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: room has been booked, technical needs are taken care of (mikes, phones, etc.)
15:12:28 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:12:42 [johnhall]
zakim, IPcaller is me
15:12:42 [Zakim]
+johnhall; got it
15:12:45 [LeoraMorgenstern]
josb: People should book hotels as soon as possible, because choice is already starting to get limited
15:12:50 [johnhall]
ZAkim, mute me
15:12:50 [Zakim]
johnhall should now be muted
15:13:01 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: why the 3 hotels listed on the wiki page?
15:13:17 [LeoraMorgenstern]
josb: Took one hotel from each of three price categories: each is reasonably near the bus stop.
15:13:26 [LeoraMorgenstern]
josb: However, any hotel on the list would be reasonable.
15:13:43 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: How many people have answered the questionnaire?
15:13:59 [DaveReynolds]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/38457/f2f6reg/
15:14:48 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: 15 people have responded.
15:15:06 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: please fill out the form, whether or not you're attending. Need to plan for the meals, etc.
15:15:19 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, next item
15:15:19 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Technical Design" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:15:26 [PhilippeB]
q+
15:15:34 [ChrisW]
ack phil
15:15:34 [csma]
ack phili
15:15:52 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: Philippe will be giving a demo.
15:16:01 [PhilippeB]
Conference ID 5792048
15:16:36 [sandro]
thttp://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/38457/f2f6reg/
15:16:41 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: We'll try using the demo using the raindance conferencing software.
15:16:46 [PhilippeB]
http://ilog.on.raindance.com
15:17:37 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: If you've already installed raindance, all you need to do is log in with the conference no Philippe provided above.
15:18:04 [Deborah_Nichols]
I am - Deborah
15:18:07 [LeoraMorgenstern]
yes, I am
15:19:37 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: We'll have a demo of POC showing RIF core enabling interchange between XXX and YYY (get)
15:20:18 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: in order to test the core of RIF and the extensibility (.. didn't hear, get)
15:20:34 [josb]
don't wait for me
15:21:21 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
15:21:21 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
15:21:27 [LeoraMorgenstern]
s/XXX/JBoss/
15:21:30 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:21:30 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:21:36 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:21:47 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:22:02 [LeoraMorgenstern]
s/YYY/ILog/
15:23:17 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe first presented slides showing the POC architecture.
15:24:05 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe, will you be posting the slides somewhere on the web, so we can reference them?
15:24:27 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
15:24:27 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
15:24:36 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:24:36 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:24:42 [csma]
q+
15:25:24 [csma]
q-
15:25:49 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
15:26:00 [ChrisW]
gary, we are in a demo
15:26:05 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: Table containing translations from production rules concepts to RIF concepts
15:27:08 [GaryHallmark]
GaryHallmark has joined #rif
15:27:25 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
15:27:25 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
15:27:39 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:27:39 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:30:30 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
15:30:30 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
15:30:52 [GaryHallmark]
is there a raindance conf id?
15:31:27 [csma]
5792048
15:31:28 [DaveReynolds]
I've just been kicked off the Raindance conf
15:32:02 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:32:02 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:32:43 [sandro]
Can we see the web page directly, or do we have to only see it like this, through the screen-broadcaster?
15:33:14 [sandro]
(If I have a password to MISMO's site, I don't know about it.)
15:33:28 [Allen]
what is "<constaints>?
15:33:32 [csma]
Sandro, are you on the Mismo wiki?
15:33:44 [sandro]
No, I don't know the password to the MISMO wiki.
15:33:47 [csma]
you do not need a password: you set it yourself
15:34:12 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: examples of production rules, followed by translation of rule into xml document,, followed by ...
15:34:26 [csma]
if you are not registered, you register yourself by giving an loggin ID and a password
15:34:43 [ChrisW]
daver, did you get back on?
15:34:52 [ChrisW]
the conf shows you in
15:35:05 [DaveReynolds]
Yes, I had to kill the client and restart
15:35:43 [sandro]
Okay, finally got on to the mismo site
15:35:58 [sandro]
-> http://wiki.mismo.org/MISMOWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ProofOfConcept MISMO Wiki page being presented by Philippe
15:36:27 [sandro]
(free site registration required)
15:37:42 [DaveReynolds]
(Requires acceptance of MISMO License terms IPR rules on behalf of employer)
15:38:43 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I can't log in to Mismo page --- don't know if IBM would have a problem with the licensing issues: chris, are you logged in?
15:39:04 [Deborah_Nichols]
I have it just now, too
15:39:10 [csma]
Caveat: this is not supposed to be a public wiki. Let us use it for convenience during the demo, but we should as Philippe to copy the relevant info on the RIF wiki...
15:40:58 [Hassan]
Hassan has joined #rif
15:41:23 [LeoraMorgenstern]
<will supply later: a summary of Philippe's presentation, once I've gone through the mismo wiki. Can't hear or see much now.>
15:42:06 [Zakim]
-csma
15:42:26 [ChrisW]
ok
15:43:06 [Zakim]
+csma
15:44:31 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: showed ideas for round-tripping between ilog and jboss.
15:45:04 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: that is, went from ilog to meta-model, then back to ilog.
15:45:37 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: more comprehensive roundtripping: go from ilog to xml and back to ilog.
15:45:45 [LeoraMorgenstern]
(??, check)
15:46:05 [LeoraMorgenstern]
q+
15:47:02 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: can map xml expressions to metamodel and vice versa.
15:48:01 [csma]
q+
15:48:32 [csma]
ack leora
15:49:00 [PaulVincent]
Congrats to Philippe and the ILOG / JBoss team for an excellent practical RIF demo!!!
15:49:05 [csma]
ack csma
15:49:25 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Philippe: By the end of May, at the next meeting, the aim is to have a complete back-and-forth translation of the JBoss and ILog rules engines.
15:49:27 [sandro]
zakim, who is muted?
15:49:27 [Zakim]
I see josb, Deborah_Nichols, Allen_Ginsberg, johnhall muted
15:49:36 [PhilippeB]
Zakim, mute me
15:49:36 [Zakim]
Philippe_Bonnard should now be muted
15:49:39 [csma]
For some reasons you do not seem to hear me :-(
15:49:46 [csma]
zakim, mute me
15:49:46 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
15:49:51 [csma]
Yes
15:49:56 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:49:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Philippe_Bonnard (muted), Harold, PaulVincent, josb (muted), Dave_Reynolds, Deborah_Nichols (muted), StellaMitchell, ChrisW, Allen_Ginsberg (muted),
15:49:59 [Zakim]
... Leora_Morgenstern, johnhall (muted), Sandro, Gary_Hallmark, csma (muted)
15:50:01 [csma]
but apparently I cannot speak
15:50:22 [csma]
Philippe, why the getters?
15:50:38 [csma]
ok
15:50:38 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, next item
15:50:38 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "UCR" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:51:11 [Harold]
Philippe, what would be the (update) semantics of the setters?
15:51:36 [LeoraMorgenstern]
TOPIC: Issue 25:
15:51:46 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Issue 25: RDF and RIF Core
15:52:00 [PhilippeB]
Harold, In fact, we change the state of the object and we n otify it to the rule engine.
15:52:43 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: Somd discussion in email of RDF in Core, most of which has centered around b-nodes.
15:52:51 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: Jos proposed 3 options:
15:53:17 [josb]
yes
15:53:17 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: 1. Tell people who want to use b-nodes to map to closest thing they can find in RIF. Essentially that's skolemizing.
15:53:22 [csma]
Harold, could you re-ask by email your question about what are the constraints in Philippe's aprocrif, lest we forget to have that discussion?
15:53:26 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro. This is the favorite optionof Sandro and Jos.
15:53:28 [csma]
I will ask mine about getters...
15:53:44 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: 2nd option: allowing facts with existential variables.
15:54:19 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos. 3rd option: modularized approach, like in DLLog (??)
15:54:32 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: but not clear for production rules how this would be done
15:54:45 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: and semantic implications for extensions, e.g., with negation are not clear.
15:55:09 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos. negation over rule preeicates different than over DL predicates;
15:55:18 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: negation as failure vs. classical negation
15:55:48 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: 2nd option has problem with extensions that can't account for existential operators, including extensions with negation and with production rules.
15:56:04 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: in the first option, b-nodes are replaced with skolem constants.
15:57:24 [csma]
Would taht mean no bnodes in Core?
15:57:42 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: in the second option, allowing facts with existentially quantified variables, skolemization happens ..
15:57:46 [LeoraMorgenstern]
(check)
15:58:34 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: possible to have a quantifier that scopes the b-node, so that skolemization would replace it with function containing quantified variables contained therein?
15:59:03 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: depends if you allow rules or facts. Facts: that situation wouldn't happen.
16:00:01 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: third option, skolem constants sufficient
16:01:27 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro and Jos: discussion about when skolem constants would be sufficient, when skolem functions are needed.
16:01:51 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Depends on what happens as rules are fired
16:02:28 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: Jos is saying that the idea of going with skolem constants to replace b-nodes only works when rjules languages support published b-node smeantics.
16:02:41 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: is this an example of a rules language that doens't support the b-node semantics?
16:03:03 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: doesn't see problems
16:03:33 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dhris: Sandro is saying that rules language that supports gneerating new symbol for each rule firing would know to put in function rather than constant.
16:04:00 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: but what if rule fires twice -with new variable biniding?
16:04:18 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: vs. rules firing twice, but keeping the same variable binding.
16:04:37 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: this is very much a production rule issue.
16:06:05 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: nothing will prevent people from exchanging RDF graphs; RDF already has a semantics for exchange
16:06:25 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: leans toward option 1, skolenmiazation during translation
16:06:28 [csma]
In the current core, an ANDCONDITION can be an existential
16:06:32 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: same as Jos
16:07:06 [sandro]
q?
16:07:46 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: RIF is supposed to be able to use RDF as data model.
16:08:13 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: point of being able to do all these things, including b-nodes, is to be able to translate the triples.
16:08:26 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: Need RDF in both head and body of rule.
16:08:53 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: But if embed RDF as set of facts, can make usual RIF rules that quantify ove rfacts, or data in facts. So RDF data gets used by default.
16:09:19 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Jos: even though syntactically, we might want to allow people to write things that look like RdF triples in head and body.
16:09:36 [sandro]
-1 mirroring SPARQL
16:09:45 [sandro]
-1 mirroring SPARQL's treatment of b-nodes
16:09:51 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Harold: SPARQL has dealt with b-nodes --- can we use similar treatment to Sparql's treament?
16:10:17 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: not following Jos's suggestion.
16:10:23 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: I think we're all in agreement.
16:10:45 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: RDF graph translated into RIF rules language
16:10:52 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: RDF rules get translated into RIF core.
16:10:56 [josb]
yes
16:11:13 [LeoraMorgenstern]
(missing above, how does RDF graph get translated into RIF rules language .. missing end of chris's sentence.)
16:11:21 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: Michael not here.
16:11:33 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Harold: not sure if Michael agrees or disagrees.
16:11:42 [josb]
ok
16:11:44 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: Jos should propose text to go into the document regarding this issue.
16:12:33 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: Jos should just put the text into the wiki?
16:12:37 [DaveReynolds]
+1 to putting in email
16:12:42 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: No, Jos should put the text into email.
16:13:20 [ChrisW]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Apr/0042.html
16:13:26 [sandro]
ACTION: JosDeBruijn to propose text in e-mail for changes to RIF Core, encompassing the "just Skolemize" approach to handling b-nodes
16:13:26 [rifbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - JosDeBruijn
16:13:36 [sandro]
ACTION: Jos_De_B to propose text in e-mail for changes to RIF Core, encompassing the "just Skolemize" approach to handling b-nodes
16:13:36 [rifbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Jos_De_B
16:13:50 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Topic: Issue 31: Disjoint names (predicates, individuals)
16:14:01 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: Dave had sent email on the topic, April 18
16:14:31 [sandro]
ACTION: Jos_de to propose text in e-mail for changes to RIF Core, encompassing the "just Skolemize" approach to handling b-nodes
16:14:31 [rifbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Jos_de
16:14:33 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: in email, tried to characterize 3 main options and give examples/test case, showing difference between these three.
16:14:41 [sandro]
ACTION: Jos de B to propose text in e-mail for changes to RIF Core, encompassing the "just Skolemize" approach to handling b-nodes
16:14:41 [rifbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Jos
16:14:41 [rifbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. jdebruij, jderoo)
16:14:55 [sandro]
ACTION: jdebruij to propose text in e-mail for changes to RIF Core, encompassing the "just Skolemize" approach to handling b-nodes
16:14:56 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-285 - to propose text in e-mail for changes to RIF Core, encompassing the \"just Skolemize\" approach to handling b-nodes [on Jos de Bruijn - due 2007-05-08].
16:15:37 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: used examples where P and Q were both individuals and predicates; see how the 3 options (overlapping sort,s, punning) worked out.
16:16:58 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: DS --> DS no work
16:17:08 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rif
16:17:24 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: ONDS --> ONDS, needw new names to distinguish between P as indiv., p as Pred, but otherwise okay.
16:17:37 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: same with pUnning to ONDS
16:18:03 [Zakim]
+??P14
16:18:35 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: hard case comes when there's overlapping sorts translating to overlapping sorts. (Check against the email.)
16:19:14 [josb]
for core I prefer DS
16:19:20 [sandro]
Dave: Argument for DS --- it makes translating from RIF into any mode easy.
16:19:44 [josb]
OS is not compatible with OWL DL!
16:20:01 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: But despite the ease, no one seemed to support the view.
16:20:10 [Zakim]
-csma
16:20:15 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: we don't understand the issues well enough to pick sides yet.
16:20:16 [DaveReynolds]
josb: sorry, yes I meant OWL/full of course
16:20:16 [csma]
csma has left #rif
16:20:23 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: So it's still on the table.
16:22:02 [LeoraMorgenstern]
s/pUnning/ONDS/
16:22:48 [Zakim]
-Harold
16:23:01 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: DS could be called no aliasing
16:23:10 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: or, no overloading
16:23:48 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: analogy in programming languages: difference between static and dynamic typing.
16:24:31 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: onds is like static overloading in java.
16:24:48 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Dave: vs OS --- dyanmic overloading, e.g, as in Python (check)
16:24:57 [sandro]
ds: no aliases, no overloading (Early C)
16:24:57 [sandro]
onds: punning overloading -- disambiguate at compile time (Java)
16:24:57 [sandro]
os: like dynamic typing (Python)
16:25:33 [josb]
I understand
16:25:34 [DaveReynolds]
I think I do
16:25:41 [sandro]
I think I understand them again, now.
16:25:44 [PaulVincent]
Understand: "sort of" ...
16:25:45 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I will understand after I reread the stuff.
16:25:51 [Allen]
not sure
16:25:57 [AxelPolleres]
need more context, but was late again, sory. :-(
16:25:58 [StellaMitchell]
+1
16:26:04 [Deborah_Nichols]
+1
16:26:24 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: Allen, what would help you understand this better?
16:26:51 [Allen]
no
16:27:30 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Chris: We'll discuss this again next week; everyone should try to read the wiki page and prepare for a discussion next week.
16:28:06 [ChrisW]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Issue-31
16:28:15 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: we need to look at all the possible combinations of languages inthe mapping.
16:28:27 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Sandro: (e.g., onds to onds, onds ot on), etc.
16:28:42 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zaim, next item
16:28:47 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, next item
16:28:47 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "RIFRAF" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:28:51 [Allen]
no
16:29:19 [AxelPolleres]
same here, will progress starting from next week more
16:29:30 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, next item
16:29:30 [Zakim]
agendum 6 was just opened, LeoraMorgenstern
16:29:42 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, close the item
16:29:42 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close the item', LeoraMorgenstern
16:29:49 [Zakim]
-johnhall
16:29:51 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Nothing new for RIFRAF]
16:29:52 [Zakim]
-PaulVincent
16:29:56 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, next item
16:29:56 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "AOB" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:29:57 [Zakim]
-StellaMitchell
16:29:58 [Zakim]
-Deborah_Nichols
16:30:00 [PhilippeB]
Leora, there is a public Wiki page presenting the global architecture of the MISMO POC: http://wiki.mismo.org/MISMOWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ProofOfConcept
16:30:00 [Zakim]
-Allen_Ginsberg
16:30:02 [Zakim]
-josb
16:30:03 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:30:03 [LeoraMorgenstern]
no AOB
16:30:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Philippe_Bonnard (muted), Dave_Reynolds, ChrisW, Leora_Morgenstern, Sandro, Gary_Hallmark, ??P14
16:30:05 [Zakim]
-Philippe_Bonnard
16:30:06 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
16:30:07 [Zakim]
-Dave_Reynolds
16:30:10 [Zakim]
-??P14
16:30:41 [Zakim]
-Sandro
16:30:43 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:30:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/01-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
16:31:13 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:31:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ChrisW, Leora_Morgenstern
16:32:52 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
16:32:53 [Zakim]
-Leora_Morgenstern
16:32:54 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
16:32:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were Philippe_Bonnard, Harold, +39.047.101.aabb, Dave_Reynolds, josb, ChrisW, Deborah_Nichols, PaulVincent, Leora_Morgenstern, StellaMitchell, Sandro, Allen_Ginsberg,
16:32:58 [Zakim]
... csma, johnhall, Gary_Hallmark
16:33:14 [ChrisW]
Regrets: FrançoisBry IgorMozetic DavidHirtle MichaelSintek MohamedZergaoui HassanAitKaci
16:33:42 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:33:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/01-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
16:33:58 [ChrisW]
ok, give it a minute and reload
16:34:07 [ChrisW]
if you see the regrets line filled in you have the latest version
16:37:13 [LeoraMorgenstern]
okay, thanks.