IRC log of mmsem on 2007-04-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:21:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
15:21:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/04/26-mmsem-irc
15:23:38 [raphael]
raphael has changed the topic to: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 26-04-2007, 16:00 UTC
15:24:02 [raphael]
zakim, list conferences
15:24:02 [Zakim]
I see VB_VBWG()10:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM active
15:24:05 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, MWI_BPWG()10:00AM, MWI_BPWG()11:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM
15:27:07 [raphael]
zakim, list conferences
15:27:07 [Zakim]
I see VB_VBWG()10:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM active
15:27:09 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, MWI_BPWG()10:00AM, MWI_BPWG()11:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM
15:33:04 [test]
test has joined #mmsem
15:36:28 [raphael]
zakim, list conferences
15:36:28 [Zakim]
I see VB_VBWG()10:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM active
15:36:30 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, MWI_BPWG()11:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM
15:37:54 [raphael]
zakim, this will be INC_MMSEM
15:37:54 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 23 minutes
15:38:19 [raphael]
Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 26-04-2007, 16:00 UTC
15:38:27 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:38:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/26-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
15:38:38 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:38:47 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0079.html
15:38:56 [raphael]
Scribe: Raphael
15:39:04 [raphael]
Scribenick: raphael
15:39:58 [raphael]
Regrets: Roberto_Ellero, Suzanne_Little, Susanne_Boll, Pasquale_Popolizo, Michael_Hausenblas, Thomas_Franz, Stamatia, Thierry_Declerk, Sofia
15:40:06 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:40:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/26-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
15:46:31 [raphael]
Chair: Jeff, Raphael
15:50:56 [alessio_]
alessio_ has joined #mmsem
15:57:18 [zeljko]
zeljko has joined #mmsem
15:57:55 [chrisa]
chrisa has joined #mmsem
15:58:04 [zeljko]
hi raphael
15:58:14 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has now started
15:58:15 [alessio_]
hi all
15:58:20 [chrisa]
hi all!
15:58:21 [Zakim]
+??P2
15:58:44 [Zakim]
+??P3
15:58:49 [Zakim]
+[CWI]
15:58:59 [Paola]
Paola has joined #mmsem
15:59:10 [raphael]
zakim, CWI is Raphael
15:59:10 [Zakim]
+Raphael; got it
15:59:19 [TobiasBuerger]
TobiasBuerger has joined #mmsem
15:59:20 [raphael]
zakim, ??P2 is Zeljko
15:59:20 [Zakim]
+Zeljko; got it
15:59:29 [raphael]
zakim, ??P3 is Giovanni
15:59:29 [Zakim]
+Giovanni; got it
15:59:49 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:59:55 [Zakim]
+ +014208aaaa
16:00:15 [Zakim]
+ +49.861.209.aabb
16:00:20 [TobiasBuerger]
zakim, ?aabb is me
16:00:20 [Zakim]
sorry, TobiasBuerger, I do not recognize a party named '?aabb'
16:00:33 [TobiasBuerger]
Zakim, aabb is me
16:00:34 [Zakim]
+TobiasBuerger; got it
16:00:43 [alessio_]
one number it's mine, zakim
16:01:19 [alessio_]
yes :)
16:01:31 [alessio_]
italy
16:01:33 [alessio_]
yes
16:01:35 [Zakim]
+ +34.93.542.aacc
16:01:37 [raphael]
zakim, IPcaller is alessio
16:01:37 [Zakim]
+alessio; got it
16:01:43 [giovannit]
giovannit has joined #mmsem
16:01:51 [raphael]
zakim, aacc is Oscar
16:01:51 [Zakim]
+Oscar; got it
16:01:59 [raphael]
zakim, aabb is Paola
16:01:59 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
16:02:04 [ocelma]
ocelma has joined #mmsem
16:02:06 [raphael]
zakim, aaaa is Paola
16:02:06 [Zakim]
+Paola; got it
16:02:11 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
16:02:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Zeljko, Giovanni, Raphael, alessio, Paola, TobiasBuerger, Oscar
16:02:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ocelma, giovannit, TobiasBuerger, Paola, chrisa, zeljko, alessio_, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, alessio
16:02:14 [giovannit]
zakim, Giovanni is me
16:02:14 [Zakim]
+giovannit; got it
16:02:22 [giovannit]
zakim:mute me
16:02:30 [giovannit]
ops .. coluns
16:02:31 [giovannit]
:-)
16:02:36 [giovannit]
zakim,mute me
16:02:36 [Zakim]
giovannit should now be muted
16:03:08 [giovannit]
zakim, unmute me
16:03:10 [Zakim]
giovannit should no longer be muted
16:03:19 [raphael]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
16:03:28 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/26-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
16:03:46 [Zakim]
+ +329331aadd
16:03:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aaee
16:04:03 [raphael]
zakim, aadd is ErikMannens
16:04:03 [Zakim]
+ErikMannens; got it
16:04:07 [raphael]
zakim, aaee is Melli
16:04:07 [Zakim]
+Melli; got it
16:04:18 [Melli]
Melli has joined #mmsem
16:04:20 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noises?
16:04:20 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
16:04:23 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:04:34 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: giovannit (4%), Oscar (20%)
16:04:47 [giovannit]
oscar oscar..
16:04:56 [raphael]
zakim, mute oscar
16:04:57 [Zakim]
Oscar should now be muted
16:05:03 [Massimo]
Massimo has joined #mmsem
16:05:19 [Zakim]
+??P5
16:05:23 [ocelma]
I'm close to a window, that's where to noise come from :-)
16:05:34 [ocelma]
to->the
16:05:39 [ocelma]
come->comes
16:05:44 [raphael]
zakim, ??P5 is Jeff
16:05:44 [Zakim]
+Jeff; got it
16:05:53 [Zakim]
+ +39.050.aaff
16:05:56 [giovannit]
zakim,mute me
16:05:56 [Zakim]
giovannit should now be muted
16:06:10 [raphael]
zakim, aaff is Massimo
16:06:10 [Zakim]
+Massimo; got it
16:06:16 [raphael]
zakim, who is here
16:06:16 [Zakim]
raphael, you need to end that query with '?'
16:06:18 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
16:06:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Zeljko, giovannit (muted), Raphael, alessio, Paola, TobiasBuerger, Oscar (muted), ErikMannens, Melli, Jeff, Massimo
16:06:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Massimo, Melli, ocelma, giovannit, TobiasBuerger, Paola, chrisa, zeljko, alessio_, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, alessio
16:06:45 [erik_chris_gaetan]
erik_chris_gaetan has joined #mmsem
16:06:45 [raphael]
chrisa, you will join us on the phone ?
16:06:58 [zeljko]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 12th April 2007 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html
16:07:13 [zeljko]
RESOLUTION: Accept the minutes of the 12th April 2007 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html
16:07:21 [chrisa]
no
16:07:32 [zeljko]
Topic: 2. LINKS Pages (5')
16:07:41 [chrisa]
I am from home...
16:07:48 [zeljko]
Pages are stable
16:08:02 [zeljko]
PROPOSED: Publish "Multimedia Vocabularies on the Semantic Web" as an
16:08:03 [zeljko]
XGR, see: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0061.html
16:08:15 [zeljko]
Some comments on the list, more to come
16:08:19 [giovannit]
zakim, unmute me
16:08:19 [Zakim]
giovannit should no longer be muted
16:08:42 [zeljko]
All the comments have been addressed
16:09:00 [zeljko]
No maior comments, that should delay publication
16:09:20 [zeljko]
s/maior/major
16:09:47 [zeljko]
RESOLUTION: Publish "Multimedia Vocabularies on the Semantic Web" as an
16:09:48 [zeljko]
XGR, after see: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0061.html
16:09:58 [zeljko]
Topic: 3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable (5')
16:10:11 [zeljko]
Not all comments have been addressed
16:10:16 [zeljko]
PROPOSED: Publish "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web" as an XGR
16:10:25 [zeljko]
No objections
16:10:33 [zeljko]
Topic: 4. Interoperability Deliverable (20')
16:11:18 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)
16:12:54 [zeljko]
Jeff to change the document and send email to the group
16:13:03 [TobiasBuerger]
zakim, mute me
16:13:03 [Zakim]
TobiasBuerger should now be muted
16:13:17 [raphael]
Jeff, Vassilis to turn the wiki page into an XGR
16:14:16 [TobiasBuerger]
Raphael, I would prefer interoperability
16:14:34 [raphael]
ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 -- drop
16:14:36 [zeljko]
Interoperability as a term insteda of framework
16:14:42 [zeljko]
ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in
16:14:44 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07] [DROPPED]
16:14:50 [ocelma]
zakim, unmute me
16:14:50 [Zakim]
sorry, ocelma, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
16:15:00 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
16:16:22 [zeljko]
ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the music use
16:16:24 [zeljko]
case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in
16:16:25 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09] [DONE]
16:16:29 [zeljko]
ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music
16:16:31 [zeljko]
(thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in
16:16:32 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07] {DONE]
16:16:40 [zeljko]
ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded
16:16:42 [zeljko]
in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
16:16:50 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
16:17:02 [zeljko]
CTION: Raphael to contact Susanne regarding converge for a solution
16:17:04 [zeljko]
for the use case [recorded in
16:17:05 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action14] [DONE]
16:17:13 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens)
16:17:40 [zeljko]
ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop
16:17:42 [zeljko]
deliverable [recorded in
16:17:43 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12] [DONE]
16:18:12 [zeljko]
Topic: 5. MPEG-7 Deliverable (5')
16:18:21 [zeljko]
ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to give an
16:18:23 [zeljko]
update of the MPEG-7 deliverable by next telecon [recorded in
16:18:24 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20] [DROPPED]
16:18:24 [erik_chris_gaetan]
q+
16:18:30 [zeljko]
Topic: 6. Future of the XG (20')
16:18:43 [zeljko]
ACTION: Jeff to contact W3C representative to discuss charter
16:18:45 [zeljko]
extension [recorded in
16:18:46 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
16:18:56 [zeljko]
ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about formal written
16:18:58 [zeljko]
request [recorded in
16:18:59 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11] [DONE]
16:19:55 [zeljko]
Raphael: summarizing today's discussion about the future of XG
16:20:20 [zeljko]
... need to compile use cases into visionary document...
16:20:40 [zeljko]
... second document, link of MPEG-7 with outher standards...
16:21:03 [zeljko]
... third document about industrial problems...
16:21:24 [zeljko]
.. additional documents, Vassilis about cultural domain...
16:21:42 [zeljko]
... talk with companies and industrial partners ...
16:21:51 [zeljko]
... starting time in September...
16:22:05 [zeljko]
...having a chair from academic world and industry...
16:22:41 [zeljko]
... support for document about cultural problems...
16:22:59 [zeljko]
... wiki and public mailing list are always open...
16:23:00 [Paola]
can I ask a question?
16:23:10 [raphael]
sure paola, I give you the ball afterwards
16:23:51 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik_chris_gaetan
16:23:51 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
16:24:09 [TobiasBuerger]
zakim,unmute me
16:24:09 [Zakim]
TobiasBuerger should no longer be muted
16:25:42 [zeljko]
Paola: sponsorship by compnies, additional, or just participation of W3C members?
16:25:56 [zeljko]
Raphael: non W3C cannot participate.
16:26:11 [zeljko]
Paola: is that asking for more money?
16:26:25 [zeljko]
Jeff: no additional money.
16:26:52 [zeljko]
Paola: if it is not additional money, than it is much better
16:27:36 [zeljko]
Jeff: keep the original ones
16:28:16 [zeljko]
Raphael: industrial W3C partners have interest to participate and sponsor this group
16:28:43 [zeljko]
Jeff: we need to have at least three sponsoring partners
16:32:00 [zeljko]
Giovanni: how long is XG extended
16:32:28 [zeljko]
Raphael: W3C extend XG for a year
16:32:55 [raphael]
q+
16:33:35 [zeljko]
Jeff: workshop befor WG
16:33:46 [zeljko]
s/befor/before
16:34:02 [giovannit]
+?
16:34:04 [giovannit]
ok
16:34:20 [giovannit]
sorry i didnt have that clear
16:34:54 [giovannit]
i was proposing ISWC then as a workshop venue
16:35:38 [raphael]
zakim, ack Paola
16:35:38 [Zakim]
I see raphael on the speaker queue
16:35:57 [zeljko]
Paola: industrial partners, difficult to get them together in one place
16:36:30 [raphael]
zakim, ack me
16:36:30 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
16:36:31 [zeljko]
Raphael: circulate charter during the writing
16:36:49 [Melli]
one comment on getting new industry sponsors - if possible I think we should try and get them from the different aspects of media management - media generation companies, media processing companies, and so on. If such companies adopt these ideas, it will make it easier for a company focused on media management like Oracle to adopt these technologies.
16:37:02 [zeljko]
Jeff: would like that XG extension starts right now
16:37:16 [ocelma]
+1 in september
16:37:26 [TobiasBuerger]
+1 in september
16:37:50 [erik_chris_gaetan]
+1 in september
16:37:51 [zeljko]
Several people (seven) replied to the list that they prefer XG starts in September
16:38:01 [chrisa]
+1 in september
16:38:04 [Massimo]
+1 in september
16:38:10 [zeljko]
Giovanni: continue now and finish, and then the workshop
16:38:16 [raphael]
+1 in september
16:38:21 [Melli]
I have a question
16:38:30 [zeljko]
+1 in september
16:38:36 [raphael]
yes melli
16:38:40 [raphael]
i give you the ball
16:38:57 [giovannit]
problem is the workshop (official ones) are closed for ISWC, but we can somehow do it anyway i think if we say "colocated" instead of "ISWC workshop"
16:39:25 [raphael]
we are not talking yet about that giovanni
16:40:02 [zeljko]
Melli: not clear how the group will go together if we stop it now and reopen in September
16:40:26 [zeljko]
Raphael: keep going = using the mailing list and the wiki
16:41:43 [raphael]
zakim, ack Paola
16:41:43 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
16:41:49 [raphael]
zakim, q+
16:41:49 [Zakim]
I see raphael on the speaker queue
16:42:16 [raphael]
+1 with Paola's opinion ...
16:42:23 [zeljko]
Paola: gap between stop and restart give industrial members feeling that they can change and propose something
16:42:43 [zeljko]
... make the people feel they are there from the begining...
16:42:44 [raphael]
zakim, ack Paola
16:42:49 [Zakim]
I see raphael on the speaker queue
16:43:30 [zeljko]
Raphael: most of people agrre that next four months are busy period
16:43:48 [zeljko]
Jeff: XG is not a working group
16:43:53 [zeljko]
... just a platform...
16:44:01 [giovannit]
zakim,mute me
16:44:01 [Zakim]
giovannit should now be muted
16:45:03 [zeljko]
Raphael: several proposal for new deliverables
16:45:39 [zeljko]
Jeff: not enough manpower for new contributions
16:45:46 [TobiasBuerger]
I personally would find it very usefull if industry members would be included in initial discussion in the new XG (to define new use cases, deliverables, etc.). Thus supporting Paolas argument.
16:47:31 [zeljko]
Raphael: proposals are for new chapters
16:47:39 [zeljko]
s/chapter/charter
16:49:12 [TobiasBuerger]
+q About new proposed deliverable "Addressing Concrete Industry Problems with MMSEM"
16:49:25 [raphael]
zakim, ack tobias
16:49:25 [Zakim]
I see raphael on the speaker queue
16:49:56 [zeljko]
Tobias: new deliverable: addressing industry problems, how industry could benefit from multimedia semantics
16:52:00 [erik_chris_gaetan]
q+
16:52:09 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik_chris_gaetan
16:52:09 [Zakim]
I see raphael on the speaker queue
16:52:37 [zeljko]
Erik: another viewpoint: still keep on working, but on less strick base
16:52:41 [Zakim]
-Melli
16:52:45 [alessio_]
I agree to re-start in september
16:53:03 [zeljko]
... lots of obligations, not possible to have teleconf every two weeks...
16:53:19 [Paola]
sorry I have to leave. Please count me in to help during the "gap" until September
16:53:23 [Zakim]
-Paola
16:53:38 [giovannit]
what about a workshop anyway?
16:54:32 [TobiasBuerger]
sorry I have to leave, too. I would find it very useful if we produce a position statement on adressing industry problems through mmsem to get industry members on board - I would be available.
16:54:37 [zeljko]
Raphael: workshop not a deliveralbel, too strong a commitment
16:55:08 [zeljko]
... as a deliverable, it is mandatory, all participants have to agrre on it...
16:55:25 [zeljko]
... workshop is a good idea, state it in in a less strikt way...
16:55:38 [zeljko]
s/strikt/strict
16:55:39 [erik_chris_gaetan]
what about a workshop in september? ... to introduce the new members, charter & get the momentum back
16:56:14 [Melli]
I had to leave the phone, but I think if the visionary document that is proposed to be part of the charter is a recommendation from the group that will be good. Not sure whether an XG is empowered to do that.
16:56:24 [zeljko]
Raphael: in september (new beginning) not a workshop bu face to face meeting
16:56:38 [zeljko]
s/bu/but
16:56:46 [Zakim]
-Jeff
16:56:49 [zeljko]
Topic: 7. AOB
16:56:51 [Massimo]
We agree with the line traced by Raphael. We would like to have only one telecon per month and to have more written things (mailing-list, wiki, ).
16:57:34 [zeljko]
Tobias: use the "gap" to state the industry statement
16:57:49 [zeljko]
... startet to write a paper about how to address industry programs...
16:58:07 [zeljko]
... can share it with the group, send it ot the list...
16:58:15 [zeljko]
s/ot/to
16:58:58 [zeljko]
RESOLUTION: (re)start a new activity in September
16:59:17 [erik_chris_gaetan]
+1 on conclusion of Rafael
16:59:26 [zeljko]
+1
16:59:56 [chrisa]
+1
16:59:59 [zeljko]
Raphael: things can keep going on mailing list and wiki
17:00:00 [Massimo]
+1
17:00:06 [erik_chris_gaetan]
will see some of you soon ... WWW
17:00:16 [ocelma]
bye!
17:00:18 [Zakim]
-alessio
17:00:21 [Zakim]
-Raphael
17:00:23 [Zakim]
-Oscar
17:00:23 [Zakim]
-TobiasBuerger
17:00:25 [Massimo]
bye !
17:00:26 [Zakim]
-ErikMannens
17:00:28 [Zakim]
-Massimo
17:00:30 [Zakim]
-giovannit
17:00:53 [alessio_]
bye all!
17:01:01 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:01:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/26-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:01:26 [Zakim]
-Zeljko
17:01:28 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
17:01:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were Raphael, Zeljko, +014208aaaa, +49.861.209.aabb, TobiasBuerger, +34.93.542.aacc, alessio, Oscar, Paola, giovannit, +329331aadd, +1.603.897.aaee, ErikMannens, Melli,
17:01:31 [Zakim]
... Jeff, +39.050.aaff, Massimo
17:03:31 [Massimo]
Massimo has left #mmsem
17:04:48 [raphael]
Present: Raphael, Zeljko, Paola, TobiasBuerger, Giovanni, alessio, Oscar, Chrisa, Jeff, ErikMannens, Melli, Massimo
17:04:50 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:04:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/26-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:09:28 [zeljko]
quit
17:09:38 [zeljko]
zeljko has left #mmsem