IRC log of swd on 2007-04-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:54:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swd
14:54:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc
14:54:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #swd
14:54:49 [RalphS]
zakim, this will be swd
14:54:49 [Zakim]
ok, RalphS; I see SW_SWD()11:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:54:54 [RalphS]
rrsagent, please make record public
14:55:35 [RalphS]
Meeting: SemWeb Deployment WG
14:55:38 [RalphS]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Apr/0030.html
14:55:41 [RalphS]
Chair: Guus
14:56:20 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html previous 2007-04-17
14:57:17 [aliman]
aliman has joined #swd
14:57:39 [Zakim]
SW_SWD()11:00AM has now started
14:57:46 [Zakim]
+Encarna
14:57:48 [Antoine]
Antoine has joined #swd
14:57:53 [berrueta]
zakim, Encarna is me
14:57:53 [Zakim]
+berrueta; got it
14:58:02 [Bern]
Bern has joined #swd
14:58:34 [guus]
guus has joined #swd
14:58:45 [Zakim]
+Bernard
14:58:50 [Zakim]
+Ralph
14:59:01 [Zakim]
+??P6
14:59:08 [RalphS]
zakim, ??p6 is Alistair
14:59:08 [Zakim]
+Alistair; got it
15:00:49 [Zakim]
+??P22
15:00:56 [Simone]
Zakim, ??P22 is me
15:00:56 [Zakim]
+Simone; got it
15:01:08 [Zakim]
+??P24
15:01:39 [guus]
zakim, ?p24 is Guus
15:01:39 [Zakim]
sorry, guus, I do not recognize a party named '?p24'
15:01:42 [TomB]
TomB has joined #swd
15:01:52 [RalphS]
zakim, ??p24 is Guus
15:01:53 [Zakim]
+Antoine_Isaac
15:01:56 [Zakim]
+Guus; got it
15:02:08 [RalphS]
Guus, lots of background noise from your phone
15:02:11 [Zakim]
+??P30
15:02:13 [Simone]
Zakim, mute me
15:02:13 [Zakim]
Simone should now be muted
15:02:19 [RalphS]
zakim, ??p30 is Daniel
15:02:19 [Zakim]
+Daniel; got it
15:02:23 [dlrubin]
dlrubin has joined #swd
15:02:23 [Simone]
Zakim, un mute me
15:02:23 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'un mute me', Simone
15:02:27 [Simone]
Zakim, unmute me
15:02:27 [Zakim]
Simone should no longer be muted
15:02:41 [Zakim]
-Guus
15:03:15 [Zakim]
+??P24
15:03:29 [Zakim]
+ +358.968.aaaa
15:03:36 [RalphS]
zakim, aaaa is Guus
15:03:36 [Zakim]
+Guus; got it
15:03:40 [RalphS]
much better, Guus
15:03:51 [dlrubin]
Zakim +dlrubin
15:05:03 [RalphS]
zakim, who's on the call?
15:05:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see berrueta, Bernard, Ralph (muted), Alistair, Simone, Antoine_Isaac, Daniel, TomB, Guus
15:05:31 [RalphS]
Regrets: Jon, Vit, Elisa
15:06:29 [berrueta]
scribe: berrueta
15:06:42 [berrueta]
topic: admin
15:07:02 [berrueta]
PROPOSED to accept minutes of 17 April telecon: http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html
15:07:11 [berrueta]
RESOLUTION: accepted minutes
15:07:25 [berrueta]
tomb proposed next telecon May 8
15:07:42 [RalphS]
Ralph: regrets for 8 May; meetings in Banff
15:07:42 [berrueta]
RalphS: not available May 8
15:08:05 [RalphS]
q+
15:08:28 [berrueta]
ACTION: TomB to start questionnaire on date for f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
15:08:54 [berrueta]
RalphS: we should revise this action
15:09:29 [berrueta]
RalphS, week of the 4th or the week of the 11th?
15:10:46 [berrueta]
topic: SKOS
15:11:02 [berrueta]
ACTION: Antoine, Jon, Daniel respond to the SKOS Use Case reviews, target a decision to publish on 17 April [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action02]
15:11:17 [berrueta]
Antoine, still waiting for answers
15:11:29 [berrueta]
Antoine, don't know what should be done now
15:12:10 [berrueta]
... if we got positive answers, we could give a version a week after
15:13:28 [Bern]
q+
15:13:30 [berrueta]
guus: we can discuss the comments in a later telecon. We need to publish this
15:14:24 [berrueta]
... common way to respond to good documents is to make them optional
15:15:27 [berrueta]
guus, ping reviewers with the new version
15:16:19 [berrueta]
ACTION: Antoine to make a proposal about SKOS Use Case document
15:16:58 [RalphS]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Apr/0034.html Re: [SKOS] Review of SKOS Use Cases and Requirements
15:17:06 [berrueta]
ACTION: Antoine, Jon, Daniel respond to the SKOS Use Case reviews, target a decision to publish on 17 April [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action02]
15:17:09 [berrueta]
-- done
15:17:30 [TomB]
+1 to drop the actions
15:17:47 [berrueta]
guus: propose to drop the actions on Alan
15:17:49 [berrueta]
ACTION: Alan to write up the preferredLabel modelling issue [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action01]
15:17:53 [berrueta]
--dropped
15:17:59 [berrueta]
ACTION: Alan to write down the general documentation requirements, in particular to those that are related to literal values, and how to represent that in skos [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09]
15:18:01 [berrueta]
--dropped
15:18:09 [berrueta]
ACTION: Guus revise his ISSUE-26 proposal to account for other options [http://www.w3.org/2007/03/20-swd-minutes.html#action07]
15:18:20 [berrueta]
guus: i've been very busy. Any volunteer?
15:18:28 [berrueta]
--continues
15:18:35 [berrueta]
ACTION: Alistair to write up two alternatives for representing Collections [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action08]
15:18:37 [berrueta]
--continues
15:18:55 [berrueta]
guus: we should start making progress in the issues now
15:19:24 [berrueta]
aliman: i suggest relationship with OWL(-DL)
15:20:07 [berrueta]
aliman: alan has been cc'ing me in a discussion about OWL 1.1
15:20:50 [berrueta]
... how we approach issues of OWL xxx?
15:21:33 [RalphS]
[Alistair, could you give us a pointer to the owl 1.1 thread archive?]
15:22:06 [berrueta]
aliman, we should address mapping between concept schemes
15:22:15 [berrueta]
... it doesn't look difficult
15:22:27 [berrueta]
guus, i discussed with daniel 2 weeks ago
15:23:29 [Bern]
q+
15:23:33 [berrueta]
aliman, should we have narrower, broader across schemes?
15:24:42 [berrueta]
daniel: some domains may use more specific properties
15:25:42 [berrueta]
guus, we have to give a guideline about equivalence
15:26:07 [berrueta]
... skos:related is too general, broader/narrower are too specific
15:26:29 [berrueta]
aliman, what's the difference between related and similarTo?
15:27:08 [berrueta]
guus, similarTo may be a subprop of related
15:27:43 [berrueta]
aliman, how the retrieval applications should operate on this properties?
15:28:19 [berrueta]
... the only way to define the semantics of these properties is through operational uses
15:28:55 [berrueta]
... let's think about how retrieval applications should treat these properties in order to determine their semantics
15:29:52 [berrueta]
Antoine: actually what you propose as operational semantics of narrower/broader is just one interpretation
15:30:25 [berrueta]
... so we don't have the absolute definition of the props
15:31:05 [berrueta]
aliman, you're absolutely right, but it should be at least "the most reasonable" way to operationally use these props
15:32:14 [berrueta]
guss: this operational semantics should be a guideline, not a definition
15:33:16 [berrueta]
daniel: this moves us to the compound concepts
15:34:01 [berrueta]
daniel: issue about provenance seems difficult
15:34:23 [berrueta]
aliman: probably related with versioning
15:34:46 [berrueta]
... skos has no notion of version
15:35:18 [berrueta]
s/daniel/Antoine
15:35:40 [berrueta]
guus: maybe we can't solve this in this WG
15:35:52 [berrueta]
aliman: we should have this on the table anyway
15:36:13 [berrueta]
guus: i can't see anything specific to SKOS
15:36:30 [berrueta]
topic: recipes
15:36:40 [berrueta]
ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
15:36:43 [berrueta]
--continues
15:37:00 [berrueta]
topic: RDFa
15:37:20 [berrueta]
guus: what's the status?
15:37:46 [berrueta]
RalphS: sorry, i couldn't attend to yesterday's meeting
15:37:59 [berrueta]
ACTION: Ben to send a summary of status of components of specifications will be handled [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action10]
15:38:39 [aliman]
I note that at leasting talking about versioning, both in relation to SKOS specifically, and in relation to RDF and OWL vocabularies more generally, is in our charter, within the Vocabulary Management work area.
15:38:43 [berrueta]
--continues
15:38:48 [berrueta]
ACTION: Elisa to provide outline of work to be done by Apr 17 [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action01]
15:38:52 [berrueta]
--continues
15:38:55 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-rdfa-minutes.html record of yesterday's RDFa TF telecon
15:38:56 [berrueta]
topic: aob
15:39:26 [berrueta]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Apr/0029.html --> diego's review of GRDDL spec
15:41:34 [RalphS]
Simone: RDFa TF discussing issues with W3C validator
15:41:47 [RalphS]
... compatibility of new requirements with current W3C validator
15:42:27 [RalphS]
... also discussing issue of literals, may be similar to a literal issue in SKOS
15:42:32 [Bern]
me couldn't hear
15:42:58 [berrueta]
guus: please summarize through the list
15:43:24 [RalphS]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Apr/0029.html GRDDL spec review [Diego]
15:45:55 [berrueta]
guus: let's suggest to add a paragraph about when to use GRDDL and when to use RDFa
15:46:21 [berrueta]
RalphS: it's better to simple say that there are two alternatives
15:46:32 [berrueta]
guus: this may confuse readers
15:48:30 [berrueta]
ACTION: diego to send the review
15:48:36 [TomB]
okay, is that a response from the SWD WG if Diego sends it?
15:48:47 [RalphS]
yes, thanks, Diego, for the GRDDL review
15:49:07 [berrueta]
ACTION: Diego to review GRDDL Last Call Doc. Discuss briefly at next week's call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action12]
15:49:09 [berrueta]
--done
15:49:23 [berrueta]
[adjourned]
15:49:24 [Zakim]
-Bernard
15:49:25 [Zakim]
-Guus
15:49:27 [Zakim]
-Daniel
15:49:29 [Antoine]
Antoine has left #swd
15:49:29 [Zakim]
-Antoine_Isaac
15:49:29 [dlrubin]
dlrubin has left #swd
15:49:30 [Zakim]
-Simone
15:49:31 [Zakim]
-Alistair
15:49:35 [Zakim]
-TomB
15:49:38 [RalphS]
Tom, I believe the record is sufficient to show that Diego was asked to comment on behalf of the WG and this meeting discussed his review briefly but we did not ask for a WG consensus
15:49:51 [berrueta]
zakim, list attendees
15:49:51 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been berrueta, Bernard, Ralph, Alistair, Simone, Antoine_Isaac, Guus, Daniel, TomB, +358.968.aaaa
15:50:00 [Zakim]
-Ralph
15:50:16 [Zakim]
-berrueta
15:50:17 [Zakim]
SW_SWD()11:00AM has ended
15:50:18 [berrueta]
rssagent, please draft minutes
15:50:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were berrueta, Bernard, Ralph, Alistair, Simone, Antoine_Isaac, Guus, Daniel, TomB, +358.968.aaaa
15:50:27 [RalphS]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:50:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html RalphS
15:51:50 [RalphS]
[+358.968.aaaa was Guus]
15:51:56 [berrueta]
RalphS, i'll send you the edited minutes as soon as posible
15:52:11 [RalphS]
thanks, Diego
15:52:16 [RalphS]
zakim, bye
15:52:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swd
15:53:03 [RalphS]
rrsagent, bye
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
I see 13 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-actions.rdf :
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: TomB to start questionnaire on date for f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action01] [1]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-08-28
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Antoine, Jon, Daniel respond to the SKOS Use Case reviews, target a decision to publish on 17 April [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action02] [2]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-11-02
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Antoine to make a proposal about SKOS Use Case document [3]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-16-19
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Antoine, Jon, Daniel respond to the SKOS Use Case reviews, target a decision to publish on 17 April [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action02] [4]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-17-06
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alan to write up the preferredLabel modelling issue [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action01] [5]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-17-49
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alan to write down the general documentation requirements, in particular to those that are related to literal values, and how to represent that in skos [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09] [6]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-17-59
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guus revise his ISSUE-26 proposal to account for other options [http://www.w3.org/2007/03/20-swd-minutes.html#action07] [7]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-18-09
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair to write up two alternatives for representing Collections [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action08] [8]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-18-35
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [9]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-36-40
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to send a summary of status of components of specifications will be handled [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action10] [10]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-37-59
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Elisa to provide outline of work to be done by Apr 17 [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action01] [11]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-38-48
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: diego to send the review [12]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-48-30
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Diego to review GRDDL Last Call Doc. Discuss briefly at next week's call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action12] [13]
15:53:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-irc#T15-49-07