IRC log of ws-desc on 2007-04-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:27:42 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-desc
14:27:42 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-irc
14:27:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-desc
14:27:54 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, set log world
14:28:01 [Jonathan]
Zakim, this will be WSDesc
14:28:01 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, Jonathan
14:28:09 [Jonathan]
Zakim, list conferences
14:28:09 [Zakim]
I see Team_(fttf)13:59Z, UW_UWA()10:00AM, Team_(wai)13:02Z, Math_IG()10:00AM, MWI_BPWG()10:00AM active
14:28:11 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are Team_Global(review)8:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM
14:28:20 [Jonathan]
Zakim this will be WS_Desc
14:28:29 [Jonathan]
Zakim, this will be WS_Desc
14:28:29 [Zakim]
ok, Jonathan; I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 32 minutes
14:55:13 [Allen]
Allen has joined #ws-desc
14:56:53 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-desc
15:00:38 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-desc
15:00:49 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has now started
15:00:52 [Zakim]
+Plh
15:01:26 [Zakim]
+??P19
15:01:34 [Allen]
zakim, ??P19 is Allen
15:01:34 [Zakim]
+Allen; got it
15:02:11 [Zakim]
+Tom_Jordahl
15:02:16 [Zakim]
+Jonathan_Marsh
15:02:20 [JacekK]
JacekK has joined #ws-desc
15:02:21 [TomJ]
TomJ has joined #ws-desc
15:02:31 [Zakim]
+ +00000aaaa
15:02:49 [JacekK]
zakim, the zeroes is me
15:02:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'the zeroes is me', JacekK
15:02:53 [JacekK]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:02:53 [Zakim]
+JacekK; got it
15:03:01 [Zakim]
+Roberto
15:03:23 [Zakim]
+??P12
15:03:32 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p12 is me
15:03:32 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
15:04:31 [TonyR]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:04:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh, Allen, Tom_Jordahl, Jonathan_Marsh, JacekK, Roberto, TonyR
15:05:24 [plh]
scribe: plh
15:05:31 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ws-desc
15:05:33 [plh]
Topic: Approval of minutes
15:05:35 [Zakim]
-Roberto
15:05:42 [plh]
Resolved: minutes approve
15:05:47 [plh]
s/approve/approved/
15:05:51 [plh]
Topic: Action items
15:05:54 [Zakim]
+Roberto
15:06:08 [plh]
Jonathan: added some bugzilla links on the homepage
15:06:17 [Zakim]
-JacekK
15:06:40 [Arthur]
i'll call in a couple of minutes
15:07:31 [plh]
Topic: Administrivia
15:07:44 [Zakim]
+JacekK
15:07:49 [plh]
Jonathan: still working on WSDL 2.0 descriptions for existing HTTP
15:08:00 [plh]
... Arthur and I checked those into the test suite
15:08:17 [plh]
... last week we had the WSDL 2.0 in URIs item.
15:08:29 [Zakim]
+??P24
15:08:56 [charlton]
charlton has joined #ws-desc
15:09:19 [charlton]
charlton has changed the topic to:
15:10:12 [plh]
Philippe: I need to double check for this
15:10:22 [plh]
ACTION: Philippe to double check http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Mar/0072.html
15:10:51 [Jonathan]
Zakim, ??P24 is Charlton
15:10:51 [Zakim]
+Charlton; got it
15:11:14 [plh]
Topic: issue 4427
15:12:55 [plh]
Philippe: [summarizes the proposal]
15:13:27 [plh]
"A WSDL 2.0
15:13:27 [plh]
Infoset contains representations for a collection of WSDL 2.0 components that
15:13:27 [plh]
share a common target namespace and zero or more wsdl:import element
15:13:27 [plh]
information items 4.2 Importing Descriptions that corresponds to a collection
15:13:27 [plh]
with components drawn from multiple target namespaces."
15:14:05 [plh]
Jonathan: s/corresponds/correspond/
15:14:05 [Zakim]
+Arthur
15:14:45 [Zakim]
-Roberto
15:16:21 [plh]
Jonathan: s/drawn//
15:16:56 [plh]
New text: "A WSDL 2.0
15:16:56 [plh]
Infoset contains representations for a collection of WSDL 2.0 components that
15:16:56 [plh]
share a common target namespace and zero or more wsdl:import element
15:16:56 [plh]
information items 4.2 Importing Descriptions that correspond to a collection
15:16:56 [plh]
with components from multiple target namespaces."
15:17:09 [plh]
Jonathan: objection to adopt the new text?
15:17:15 [plh]
Resolved: proposal adopted.
15:20:01 [plh]
Jonathan: we should mark the bug as resolved, once the editors integrated the proposal
15:20:04 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz
15:20:20 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-desc
15:20:28 [Roberto]
Roberto has joined #ws-desc
15:20:29 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4429
15:20:59 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.268.aabb
15:21:20 [plh]
Jonathan: redundancy of asssertions.
15:21:34 [plh]
... we resolved 4381 and those seem duplicate
15:22:39 [plh]
Resolved: 4429 is a duplicate of 4381
15:22:55 [plh]
Issue: 4431
15:23:01 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4431
15:23:51 [Jonathan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Apr/0027.html
15:24:29 [plh]
Proposed text: "Two component instances of the same type are considered equivalent if, for each property of the first component, there is an equivalent property on the second component, and vice versa.
15:24:29 [plh]
Instances of properties are considered equivalent if they have the same type and their values are equivalent."
15:26:52 [Jonathan]
Two component instances of the same type are considered equivalent if, for
15:26:53 [Jonathan]
each
15:26:53 [Jonathan]
property of the first component, there is a corresponding property with an
15:26:53 [Jonathan]
equivalent value,
15:27:01 [Jonathan]
on the second
15:27:01 [Jonathan]
component, and vice versa.
15:27:25 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:27:39 [plh]
Jacek: "for each property value" ?
15:27:40 [Jonathan]
"for each property" -> "for each property value"
15:28:05 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-desc
15:28:42 [plh]
Proposed text: "Two component instances of the same type are considered equivalent if, for property value of the first component, there is a corresponding property with an equivalent value, on the secondcomponent, and vice versa."
15:29:07 [plh]
Resolved: proposed text adopted
15:29:43 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4430
15:31:25 [Zakim]
+[Canon]
15:32:05 [jjm]
jjm has joined #ws-desc
15:32:33 [plh]
Philippe: [summarizes the proposal]
15:33:19 [jjm]
rrsagent, where am i?
15:33:19 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-irc#T15-33-19
15:35:45 [plh]
Jacek: it talks about characters and looks like it can conflict, but the binding use replacement mechanism.
15:36:11 [plh]
Jonathan: the main purpose of this is to refer to the appropriate section
15:36:56 [Jonathan]
Note that the presence in this property of the characters
15:36:56 [Jonathan]
"?" and "#" can conflict with those potentially added by the query string
15:36:56 [Jonathan]
serialization mechanism, section 6.8.2, Serialization as
15:36:56 [Jonathan]
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded", [WSDL 2.0 Adjuncts].
15:37:54 [charlton]
looks good to me
15:38:02 [plh]
Resolved: proposed text adopted. No action on interaction with CR157.
15:38:14 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4434
15:38:20 [youenn]
youenn has joined #ws-desc
15:38:50 [plh]
Jonathan: the suggestion is to move the example before the last paragraph
15:39:05 [plh]
Resolved: no objection to change the order
15:39:13 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4435
15:40:09 [plh]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#RPCStyle
15:42:08 [plh]
Jonathan: agreed. better move it with the first or fifth paragraph
15:42:43 [plh]
... would rather have it lower in 4.1.
15:42:59 [plh]
Jean-Jacques: switching 3rd and 4th paragraphs?
15:44:14 [plh]
Resolved: we'll switch 3rd and 4th paragraphs in section 4.1 RPC Style
15:45:02 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4436
15:46:29 [plh]
Philippe: duplicate of "An Interface Operation component conforming to the RPC style MUST obey the constraints listed further below." ?
15:46:40 [plh]
Jonathan: we need to keep the fact that RPC only works with XML Schema language
15:49:26 [plh]
... we could strike the early part of the sentence: "Furthermore, the associate messages MUST conform to the rules below, ..." and turns pagagraph 2 and 3 into a single paragraph."
15:50:41 [plh]
Tom: do we need to change that anyway?
15:50:54 [plh]
Philippe&Jean-Jacques: ok with proposal
15:51:03 [plh]
Resolved: Jonathan's proposal is adopted.
15:52:10 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4457
15:53:25 [plh]
ACTIOn: Philippe to fix the references
15:53:36 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4458
15:54:23 [plh]
Jonathan: could be a bug or a feature request
15:55:01 [plh]
... would like to know how to support both application/x-www-form-urlencoded and application/sparql-query in the query operation
15:58:11 [plh]
Philippe: you can't have more than on whttp:inputSerialization within the same binding operation
16:00:44 [plh]
Jonathan: nope. you can put multiple media type in it, and it's up to the client to pick one
16:01:32 [jjm]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Sep/0007
16:02:58 [plh]
ACTION: Philippe to look into issue 4458
16:03:26 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4468
16:04:08 [plh]
Proposed: s/is set/is not set/
16:04:18 [plh]
Resolved: adopted
16:04:54 [Jonathan]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2007Mar/0010.html
16:06:42 [plh]
Topic: Issue 4458
16:10:47 [plh]
Jonathan: they'll have to invent an extension to indicate some other kind of serialization for application/sparql-query in the case when they use #element or #any
16:11:00 [plh]
... since the default is application/xml
16:11:13 [plh]
... we could close the issue against our spec
16:11:22 [plh]
... and I'll follow-up with them
16:11:56 [plh]
Resolved: close issue 4458 with no action, Jonathan will follow-up with them
16:12:08 [plh]
rrsagent, drop action 3
16:13:16 [plh]
Topic: Next steps
16:13:30 [plh]
Jonathan: no more issues and last call ended on Sunday
16:14:54 [plh]
Jonathan: I was able to write a description of flickr, but it has limitations
16:15:13 [plh]
... but authorization would need a policy
16:15:46 [plh]
... atom publication protocol, google publishing protocol
16:16:05 [plh]
... we have Arthur bugzilla one
16:16:10 [plh]
... I'll play with that
16:19:27 [plh]
... add the keyword "resolved" in the issues list
16:20:51 [plh]
Topic: Interchange format note
16:20:58 [plh]
Jonathan: ok to retire it?
16:21:00 [plh]
Arthur: ok
16:21:20 [plh]
[adjourned]
16:21:22 [Zakim]
-Tom_Jordahl
16:21:23 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:21:23 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:21:25 [Zakim]
-JacekK
16:21:26 [Zakim]
-Allen
16:21:26 [Zakim]
-Jonathan_Marsh
16:21:27 [Zakim]
-TonyR
16:21:29 [Zakim]
-Charlton
16:21:31 [Zakim]
-Roberto
16:21:32 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-desc
16:21:32 [Zakim]
-[Canon]
16:21:33 [Zakim]
-Arthur
16:21:37 [Zakim]
-Gilbert_Pilz
16:21:39 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has ended
16:21:41 [Zakim]
Attendees were Plh, Allen, Tom_Jordahl, Jonathan_Marsh, +00000aaaa, JacekK, Roberto, TonyR, Charlton, Arthur, Gilbert_Pilz, +1.415.268.aabb, [Microsoft], [Canon]
16:25:19 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:25:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
16:25:41 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, set log world
16:25:43 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:25:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
16:26:03 [Jonathan]
Meeting: WS Description WG telcon
16:26:06 [Jonathan]
Chair: Jonathan
16:27:01 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:27:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
16:33:18 [monica]
monica has joined #ws-desc
16:33:25 [monica]
good morning
16:39:37 [Jonathan]
zakim, bye
16:39:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-desc
16:39:45 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, bye
16:39:45 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-actions.rdf :
16:39:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Philippe to double check http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Mar/0072.html [1]
16:39:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-irc#T15-10-22
16:39:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Philippe to fix the references [2]
16:39:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-irc#T15-53-25