IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-04-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:52:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:52:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc
19:52:21 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:52:26 [MichaelC]
meeting: WAI WCAG
19:52:40 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:53:22 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007AprJun/0041.html
19:53:30 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:54:36 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has changed the topic to: Scribe order: Sofia, Gez, Bruce, Sean, John, Tim, Andi, Christophe, David
19:55:50 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:55:57 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
19:55:58 [Zakim]
Attendees were
19:56:26 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:54 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:57:01 [Zakim]
+??P0
19:57:23 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:06 [Zakim]
+Cooper
19:58:12 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
19:59:11 [Zakim]
+??P2
19:59:24 [Ben]
zakim, ??P2 is Gregg_and_Ben
19:59:24 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
19:59:45 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:53 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:51 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
20:01:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.668.aaaa
20:01:20 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:41 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.301 is Bruce_Bailey
20:01:41 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:02:31 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:38 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:10 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:03:43 [Ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
20:03:43 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-03-43
20:04:01 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:45 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:04:46 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aabb
20:04:46 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:04:57 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:05:00 [rellero_]
Zakim, ??P7 is Roberto_Ellero
20:05:00 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:05:08 [MichaelC]
zakim, +7.971 is Sean_Hayes
20:05:08 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:05:12 [rellero_]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:05:12 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:05:16 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller is Bengt_Farre
20:05:16 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:07:57 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:02 [Sean]
hello?
20:08:22 [MichaelC]
scribe: Sean_Hayes
20:08:27 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: Sean
20:08:29 [Sean]
OK I'll try and scribe -
20:08:40 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has changed the topic to: ""
20:09:01 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has changed the topic to: <none>
20:12:04 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, questions, updates
20:12:08 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:12:08 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, questions, updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:12:20 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Team C Proposals for 12 April 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070412-teamc/results>
20:12:37 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Misc. Questions for 12 April 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070412misc/results>
20:12:50 [MichaelC]
agenda+ 12 Apr 2007 Conformance survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2007apr12conf/results>
20:13:03 [MichaelC]
agenda+ 12 Apr 2007 Conformance survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2007apr12conf/results>
20:15:35 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:16:59 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
20:16:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team C Proposals for 12 April 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070412-teamc/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:17:52 [Sean]
unanimous consent
20:22:12 [MichaelC]
ack c
20:22:45 [zzz]
zzz has joined #wai-wcag
20:23:56 [zzz]
this stupid client doesnt support cut and paste
20:24:21 [zzz]
unanimous consent for LC-953, LC-1213, LC-1248, 1273, 1316, LC-1536, LC-856
20:24:44 [zzz]
megalith
20:25:12 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: zzz
20:25:32 [zzz]
unanimous consent for LC-953, LC-1213, LC-1248, 1273, 1316, LC-1536, LC-856
20:25:44 [zzz]
this is going to be fun.
20:28:46 [zzz]
OK I can work with thhat
20:29:10 [Andi]
q+
20:31:06 [Gregg]
ack a
20:36:05 [zzz]
leave 1080: Link underlines open and paste in Loretta's wording
20:36:25 [zzz]
action david and gregg to create wording
20:36:49 [zzz]
action: david and gregg to create wording
20:37:36 [zzz]
new item 1088: Scripts in baseline
20:40:01 [zzz]
WCAG 2.0 provides a set of rules for choosing ASCT, but does not specify whether particular technologies are or are no ASCT. The reason for this is that accessibiltiy support for various technologies is in a constant state of change as new technologies are introduced and support improves for existing technologies. Whether Script is accessibility supported for a particular project would be determined by a variety of factors.
20:40:02 [zzz]
WCAG 2.0 provides a set of rules for choosing ASCT, but does not specify whether particular technologies are or are no ASCT. The reason for this is that accessibiltiy support for various technologies is in a constant state of change as new technologies are introduced and support improves for existing technologies. Whether Script is accessibility supported for a particular project would be determined by a variety of factors.
20:40:02 [zzz]
proposal : lorettas wording, cynthia's additions and ben's correction
20:40:24 [zzz]
s/correction/new boilerplate/
20:41:05 [zzz]
unanimous adopted 1088 as ammended
20:41:26 [zzz]
new item 1252: Form instructions
20:42:47 [zzz]
unanimous adopted 1252 as ammended
20:43:17 [zzz]
new item 627: Indicating live regions
20:44:39 [zzz]
no resolution required
20:44:57 [zzz]
new item 678: p element
20:47:53 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:50:56 [zzz]
unanimous adopted 678 as ammended
20:51:20 [zzz]
unanimous adopted 627 as proposed
20:51:49 [zzz]
new item 912: interactive UI components
20:51:51 [Zakim]
+??P0
21:00:05 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:02 [Gregg]
q?
21:01:29 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:01:30 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
21:01:30 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:04:01 [zzz]
action item 912 sean loretta gregg
21:04:06 [zzz]
reopen 912
21:04:50 [zzz]
zakim, take up item 2
21:04:50 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team C Proposals for 12 April 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070412-teamc/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:05:33 [zzz]
new item Remove "in a user-agent-supported manner" from definition of programmatically determined
21:05:49 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
21:05:49 [Zakim]
agendum 2 was just opened, MichaelC
21:05:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 3
21:05:55 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Misc. Questions for 12 April 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070412misc/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:08:47 [zzz]
unanimous adopted item as ammended
21:09:22 [zzz]
neww item LC-1045: Redefine SC that use the term programmatically determined
21:10:25 [zzz]
unanimous cconsent
21:11:15 [zzz]
new item LC-762: Conformance claims on collections of resources
21:17:01 [zzz]
action: send LC-762 back to Gregg and Andi
21:17:55 [zzz]
new item Simplification - Flash provisions
21:19:58 [zzz]
unanimous adopted item Simplification - Flash provisions as amended
21:20:26 [zzz]
new item Definition of "mechanism"
21:27:14 [zzz]
unanimous adopted item Definition of "mechanism as ammended
21:28:27 [zzz]
action: gregg to combine item New note to clarify colorspace issues in contrast ratio
21:28:58 [zzz]
new item Remove lines in diagrams from contrast ratio SC
21:30:10 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:30:53 [zzz]
unanimous consent to remove item Remove lines in diagrams from contrast ratio SC
21:31:16 [zzz]
> zakim, next item
21:31:25 [zzz]
zakim, next item
21:31:25 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team C Proposals for 12 April 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070412-teamc/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:31:34 [MichaelC]
zakim, close this item
21:31:34 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
21:31:35 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:31:36 [Zakim]
4. 12 Apr 2007 Conformance survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2007apr12conf/results> [from MichaelC]
21:31:38 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
21:31:38 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "12 Apr 2007 Conformance survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2007apr12conf/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:32:48 [zzz]
lc 530 close as proposed
21:37:47 [zzz]
unanimous cconsent close 530 as amended
21:38:42 [zzz]
unanimous cconsent close 530 Issue 531, Issue 588, Issue 646, Issue 807, Issue 889, Issue 951, Issue 997, Issue 998, Issue 1030, and Issue 1494.
21:39:11 [zzz]
new item Issue 531, Issue 588, Issue 646, Issue 807, Issue 889, Issue 951, Issue 997, Issue 998, Issue 1030, and Issue 1494.
21:39:27 [zzz]
new item LC-861: Target audience
21:41:52 [zzz]
unanimous consent 851 as amended
21:42:22 [zzz]
unanimous consent 1032 as amended
21:42:37 [zzz]
new item LC-1035: Poor choices of technologies
21:49:05 [zzz]
action: gregg loretta michael to take a proposal to WAI CG regarding ast standard
21:49:39 [zzz]
action: gregg to define what an asct is a technology or lements of technology
21:50:20 [zzz]
s/gregg/gregg sean/
21:51:09 [zzz]
action5= gregg and sean to define what an asct is a technology or lements of technology
21:51:54 [zzz]
unanimous consent close new item LC-1035: Poor choices of technologies as proposed
21:52:40 [zzz]
new item Issue 1037 and Issue 1041
21:55:44 [Gregg]
ack k
21:57:15 [zzz]
unanimous consent 1037 and Issue 1041 as amended
21:57:48 [zzz]
new item LC-1070: Relying on CSS content
22:02:08 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:04:18 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:05:04 [zzz]
unanimous consent 1037 as proposed based on action items
22:05:10 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
22:05:30 [zzz]
unanimous consent 1247 as proposed
22:06:16 [zzz]
new item LC-1313: Baseline is a helpful concept
22:06:40 [zzz]
unanimous consent 1313 as amended
22:07:01 [zzz]
new item Issue 1220, Issue 1246, Issue 1272, Issue 1274, Issue 1314, Issue 1315
22:09:45 [zzz]
unanimous consent item Issue 1220, Issue 1246, Issue 1272, Issue 1274, Issue 1314, Issue 1315 (1272 as amended) based on actions.
22:10:14 [zzz]
zakim, next item
22:10:14 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "12 Apr 2007 Conformance survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2007apr12conf/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
22:10:26 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:10:52 [zzz]
is that the right next item?
22:11:15 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:12:01 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:13:04 [zzz]
item Intent of 1.2.1 Addition
22:13:16 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:23:22 [zzz]
unanimous consent close Intent of 1.2.1 Addition as amended
22:23:52 [zzz]
new item Add a definition for "stem width"
22:24:28 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:24:47 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:29:59 [Gregg]
*
22:29:59 [Gregg]
Text is at least twice the height of the body text; and
22:29:59 [Gregg]
*
22:29:59 [Gregg]
the text has a stem width of at least three times the stem width of the body text; and
22:29:59 [Gregg]
*
22:30:00 [Gregg]
the text is presented over a non-patterned background.
22:31:58 [Loretta]
body text: the base font used for text in a paragraph
22:35:25 [zzz]
action: gregg sean define a fat font
22:38:18 [zzz]
unanimous consent close definition of stem width
22:39:27 [zzz]
new item Draft Technique: Separating information and structure from presentation to enable modification of presentation without altering content
22:41:25 [zzz]
make sure that separation rrefers to a logical separation and not a coding separation
22:45:49 [zzz]
unanimous consent close Draft Technique: as amended changed to advisory for 1.3 and to include the notes above
22:46:36 [zzz]
new item LC-464, 507, 1222, 1318: Aggregated Content
22:48:29 [zzz]
closed item LC-464, 507, 1222, 1318: Aggregated Content as amended add david's proposal using term not included)
22:48:43 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:48:47 [zzz]
new item LC-857: automatic conformance to success criteria
22:49:56 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:53:25 [Loretta]
Gregg, I think you should look at replacing "pass" with "not fail" in your simplification pass.
22:53:40 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
22:57:50 [zzz]
leave 857 open
22:58:18 [zzz]
action: Gregg to consider all places using 'not fail' neds to beused
22:58:51 [zzz]
unanimous consent to address conformance through a 'not fail' approach
23:01:16 [zzz]
unanimouns consent for LC-869: exemptions for examples, teaching materials, languageless documents
23:01:21 [zzz]
as amended
23:01:52 [zzz]
LC-1214: Process is too vague; need equivalent facilitation
23:05:35 [zzz]
unanimous consent close LC-1214: Process is too vague; need equivalent facilitation as proposed
23:06:02 [zzz]
new item LC-1221: AsCT needs to address features within a technology
23:07:58 [zzz]
unanimouns consent for item LC-1221: as proposed
23:08:19 [zzz]
new item LC-1411: JPEG as AsCT
23:11:59 [zzz]
unanimouns consent for item LC-1411: JPEG as AsCT: as amended (ben's comment) based on action items.
23:17:07 [zzz]
unanimouns consent for item LC-1311: as propsosed
23:17:29 [zzz]
new item unanimouns consent for item LC-1411:
23:21:06 [zzz]
unanimouns consent for item Comment LC-842
23:21:23 [zzz]
item LC-876: Use different accessibility framework
23:23:06 [zzz]
unanimouns consent close item LC-876: Use different accessibility framework as amende
23:24:00 [zzz]
item LC-950: Harmony with Canada's Common Look and Feel Policy
23:24:12 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
23:24:42 [Sean]
I lost conectivity, I may not be scrbe anymore
23:24:59 [Ben]
scribe: Sean
23:25:45 [Sean]
unanimouns consent close item LC-950: as amended
23:26:06 [Sean]
item LC-1020: Non-normative documents are not complete
23:28:36 [Sean]
unanimous consent close item LC-1020 as amended
23:28:57 [Sean]
item LC-1304: Withdraw WCAG2, produce WCAG1 errata
23:29:50 [Sean]
unanimous consent close item LC-1304 as proposed
23:30:13 [Sean]
item 630 and 632: Error correction programmatically determined
23:36:50 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:38:51 [Sean]
unanimous consent close item LC-630 and 632 as amended
23:39:48 [Sean]
item Resurvey of LC-909: add the word “unambiguosly”
23:42:22 [Sean]
unanimous consent close item LC-909 as amended
23:42:31 [Ben]
Present: Katie_Haritos-Shea, Cooper, Sofia_Celic, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Bruce_Bailey, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sean_Hayes, Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe, Bengt_Farre
23:43:07 [Ben]
Present+ Cynthia_Shelly
23:46:25 [Ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Scano, Don_Evans, David_MacDonald
23:47:23 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
23:47:24 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
23:47:26 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:47:26 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:47:27 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:47:28 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:47:29 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:47:29 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:47:31 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:47:32 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:47:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Cooper, Sofia_Celic, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Gregg_and_Ben, Andi_Snow_Weaver, +1.301.668.aaaa, Bruce_Bailey, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, +7.971.aabb,
23:47:37 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero, Sean_Hayes, Bengt_Farre, Cynthai_Shelly, Cynthia_Shelly, Makoto_Ueki
23:47:39 [Sean]
Sean has left #wai-wcag
23:47:57 [Makoto]
Makoto has left #wai-wcag
23:48:48 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
I see 7 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: david and gregg to create wording [1]
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-36-49
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: send LC-762 back to Gregg and Andi [2]
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-17-01
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gregg to combine item New note to clarify colorspace issues in contrast ratio [3]
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-28-27
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gregg loretta michael to take a proposal to WAI CG regarding ast standard [4]
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-49-05
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gregg and sean to define what an asct is a technology or lements of technology [5]
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-49-39
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gregg sean define a fat font [6]
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc#T22-35-25
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to consider all places using 'not fail' neds to beused [7]
23:48:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-wai-wcag-irc#T22-58-18
23:48:56 [Ben]
Zakim, bye
23:48:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag