IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-04-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:58:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
14:58:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc
14:58:11 [DanC]
Zakim, this will be grddl
14:58:11 [Zakim]
ok, DanC; I see SW_GRDDL()11:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
14:58:20 [DanC]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
14:58:20 [Zakim]
working on it, DanC
14:58:23 [Zakim]
agenda+ Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-04-18T11:00-0400
14:58:29 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
14:58:32 [Zakim]
agenda+ #issue-base-uri
14:58:34 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
14:58:35 [Zakim]
agenda+ Relationship with RDFa
14:58:36 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
14:58:38 [Zakim]
agenda+ Implementation report/PR request
14:58:39 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
14:58:40 [Zakim]
agenda+ Test Cases: Towards Last Call
14:58:42 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
14:58:44 [Zakim]
agenda+ multiple values in @rel (GRDDL spec editorial)
14:58:46 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
14:58:48 [Zakim]
agenda+ mechanical rules (GRDDL spec editorial)
14:58:54 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
14:58:56 [Zakim]
agenda+ #issue-mt-ns (GRDDL spec editorial)
14:58:58 [Zakim]
agendum 8 added
14:59:00 [Zakim]
agenda+ Advocating
14:59:02 [Zakim]
agendum 9 added
14:59:04 [Zakim]
agenda+ Primer
14:59:06 [Zakim]
agendum 10 added
14:59:08 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, DanC
14:59:12 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has now started
14:59:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.216.445.aaaa
14:59:47 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:59:50 [john-l]
Zakim, aaaa is me
14:59:50 [Zakim]
+john-l; got it
15:01:01 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #grddl-wg
15:01:05 [FabienG]
FabienG has joined #grddl-wg
15:01:30 [Zakim]
+Chimezie_Ogbuji
15:01:32 [HarryH]
HarryH has joined #grddl-wg
15:01:48 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
15:01:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-04-18T11:00-0400" taken up
15:02:02 [Zakim]
+ +049238aabb
15:02:50 [DanC]
HarryH, did you see the agenda edits I made?
15:03:07 [DanC]
(if not, I'll go over them by voice; not a big deal)
15:03:21 [Zakim]
+??P36
15:03:28 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0068.html Teleconference minutes for 11 Apr 2007
15:03:41 [DanC]
Zakim, ??P36 is JeremyC
15:03:41 [Zakim]
+JeremyC; got it
15:03:49 [jjc]
jjc has joined #grddl-wg
15:04:04 [DanC]
Zakim, JeremyC is jjc-scribe
15:04:04 [Zakim]
+jjc-scribe; got it
15:04:16 [DanC]
regrets: IanD, RReck
15:04:32 [DanC]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0073.html
15:04:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.668.aacc
15:04:53 [HarryH]
Zakim, aacc is HarryH
15:04:55 [DanC]
Zakim, aacc is HarryH
15:04:59 [Zakim]
+HarryH; got it
15:05:02 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:05:05 [Zakim]
sorry, DanC, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
15:05:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john-l, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG, jjc-scribe, HarryH
15:06:02 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: To approve http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0068.html as the true minutes
15:06:24 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0068.html are the true minutes for April 11th
15:06:37 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 25 April 11:00-0500
15:06:44 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:06:44 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose FabienG
15:06:57 [HarryH]
Fabien will be the scribe April 25th
15:07:09 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: to meet again Wed, 25 April 11:00-0500
15:07:12 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:07:12 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "#issue-base-uri" taken up
15:07:46 [DanC]
proposal, basically adopt tests: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0080.html
15:09:17 [DanC]
danc: (don't do much spec text; just tests)
15:09:31 [DanC]
jjc: 3 parts to the issue: (a) XHTML, (b) redirects, (c) [missed]
15:10:04 [DanC]
s/[missed]/xml base details/
15:10:16 [DanC]
Scribe: jjc-scribe
15:10:20 [DanC]
Chair: HarryH
15:10:22 [jjc-scribe]
c) xml-base
15:12:31 [jjc-scribe]
At LC no normative dependency on XML Base
15:12:51 [jjc-scribe]
Issues of conflicts between XPath and XML Base - DanC is confident to sort it otu
15:13:21 [jjc-scribe]
Chime: can't do element level base-uri within XPath
15:13:30 [jjc-scribe]
(spec editing issue)
15:14:07 [jjc-scribe]
DanC: can you change your code to support xml:base (on root element)
15:14:28 [Zakim]
+Murray_Maloney
15:14:35 [jjc-scribe]
No one currently implement xml:base
15:15:55 [jjc-scribe]
DanC: leaving aside difficulties of writing spec, how hard to implement
15:15:59 [jjc-scribe]
Jeremy: easy
15:16:04 [jjc-scribe]
Chime: not hard in 4suite
15:16:46 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc to produce a test-case using xml-base and a relative reference to transform.
15:17:42 [DanC]
q+ to bring up the stdlib
15:17:51 [HarryH]
q+ DanC
15:17:53 [jjc-scribe]
HarryH: does this link to RDFa issue
15:17:54 [HarryH]
ack DanC
15:17:54 [Zakim]
DanC, you wanted to bring up the stdlib and to
15:17:56 [jjc-scribe]
Fabien: no
15:19:15 [jjc-scribe]
Library:
15:19:28 [jjc-scribe]
Jeremy: profileTransformation should be handled like in transformation
15:19:43 [HarryH]
Fabien is noting that RDFa needs to support xml:base.
15:19:57 [FabienG]
see http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/#id0x036df498
15:19:58 [jjc-scribe]
open whether embeddedRDF should support xml:base
15:19:58 [HarryH]
I personally think this would be an argument for eRDF supporting xml:base as well.
15:21:50 [DanC]
. ACTION jjc: enhance profileTransformation in our stdlib to handle xml:base
15:22:10 [DanC]
. ACTION jjc: test that our stdlib profileTransformation handles xml:base
15:22:23 [DanC]
ACTION jjc: enhance profileTransformation in our stdlib to handle xml:base
15:22:26 [DanC]
ACTION jjc: test that our stdlib profileTransformation handles xml:base
15:23:14 [john-l]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/#id0x03842788
15:24:27 [HarryH]
jjc thinks that the test case was broken due to its handling of 3xx..
15:25:02 [DanC]
jjc: we're agreed (little a) that redirects should work different from the test suite and implementations
15:25:48 [john-l]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0066.html
15:26:18 [jjc-scribe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0066
15:26:38 [jjc-scribe]
Note that if the retrieval was the
15:26:38 [jjc-scribe]
result of a redirected request, the last URI used (i.e., that which
15:26:38 [jjc-scribe]
resulted in the actual retrieval of the document) is the base URI.
15:27:03 [jjc-scribe]
After a redirect GRDDL follows RFC 3986
15:27:34 [DanC]
(I'm happy to (a) leave issue-base-param closed, (b) approve the tests as and when they're ready, and (c) cite the tests from the spec. but if somebody wants to make a WG decision today, I don't mind.)
15:28:12 [jjc-scribe]
I propose that After a redirect GRDDL follows RFC 3986
15:28:53 [jjc-scribe]
Dan summarizes
15:29:22 [jjc-scribe]
If you have on root a transformation with "../ aaa.xsl" and if you have an xml:base
15:29:29 [jjc-scribe]
then you expect xml:base to work
15:29:36 [jjc-scribe]
Chime: also related is http redirects
15:29:45 [john-l]
s/Chime/john-l/
15:30:27 [jjc-scribe]
(sorry john)
15:31:01 [chimezie]
I was hoping we PROPOSE to support xml:base on the root and follow RFC 3986 (with the assumption we have no *other* base)
15:31:26 [jjc-scribe]
I am happy to second that proposal
15:32:25 [DanC]
jeremy, note that the root element could be in an external entity, so the situation isn't as simple as your mail msg suggests.
15:32:49 [jjc-scribe]
oh
15:33:19 [jjc-scribe]
murray: but we are specifying transforms on XPath node sets, so we don't have uri access
15:33:41 [jjc-scribe]
scribing not very accurate
15:34:32 [jjc-scribe]
with respect to the base IRI of E
15:34:32 [john-l]
Where do we say "resolve URIs based on these other specs" in the GRDDL spec?
15:34:47 [jjc-scribe]
GRDDL spec says "with respect to the base IRI of E"
15:37:38 [jjc-scribe]
discussion of XML Base and XPath ....
15:39:33 [DanC]
(I'm pretty sure XML base doesn't specify conformance of agents)
15:39:44 [jjc-scribe]
No conformance section in XML base
15:40:28 [jjc-scribe]
Issue about XSLTs
15:41:24 [chimezie]
john-l: we say that in the green boxes about grddl:transformation
15:41:35 [HarryH]
ACTION: DanC to edit the text of the GRDDL Spec such that a normative dependency on xml:base is in the spec.
15:41:37 [chimezie]
we say: we resolve WRT to the base URI of E (E has no such property)
15:43:30 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:43:30 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Relationship with RDFa" taken up
15:43:48 [jjc-scribe]
discussion of XML Base and XPath ...
15:44:06 [jjc-scribe]
Zakim, next item
15:44:06 [Zakim]
agendum 3 was just opened, jjc-scribe
15:44:27 [FabienG]
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/xslt?xslfile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2006%2F07%2FSWD%2FRDFa%2Ftestsuite%2Fwork%2Fmanifest2html.xslt&xmlfile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2006%2F07%2FSWD%2FRDFa%2Ftestsuite%2Ftestcases%2Frdfa-test-manifest.rdf&content-type=&submit=transform
15:45:37 [FabienG]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0060.html
15:46:17 [DanC]
q+ to ask if SWBD gave a date re "SWBD will give us comments or explicit no comment."
15:47:31 [jjc-scribe]
Fabien: in xslt 1.0 can't access base URI
15:47:37 [FabienG]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000004.html
15:47:55 [chimezie]
it is up to the application invoking the XSLT to pass in the Base URI of the document entity
15:48:08 [DanC]
oh goody... test case. this stuff is frustrating without specifics.
15:48:16 [jjc-scribe]
Fabien how to get to base URL in GRDDL
15:49:15 [chimezie]
the GRDDL-aware agent is responsible for providing 'default' URIs (both to the transform *and* the parsing of the GRDDL result)
15:50:10 [jjc-scribe]
DanC teh xslt will output rdf:resource="photo1.jpg"
15:50:16 [jjc-scribe]
and the right thing will happen
15:50:53 [chimezie]
The XSLT will *not* try to attempt to resolve photo1.jpg against the base URI of the document entity, because it won't interpret it as a relative URI
15:51:40 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: teh base URI of the original document is used as the base URI of the RDF/XML
15:52:26 [jjc-scribe]
Fabien: yes that does solve my problem
15:52:27 [HarryH]
ack DanC
15:52:27 [Zakim]
DanC, you wanted to ask if SWBD gave a date re "SWBD will give us comments or explicit no comment."
15:53:31 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:53:32 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Implementation report/PR request" taken up
15:53:54 [jjc-scribe]
HarryH: can we take test cases to LC and spec to CR/PR: CG said no
15:54:44 [jjc-scribe]
everything to PR at the same time, hence likely delayed PR to after www 2007
15:54:46 [DanC]
(the CG is basically just reading the process document)
15:54:46 [FabienG]
doesn't know if we should talk about RDFa WG issue on hGRDDL requiring our cooperation http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0053.html as mentioned in the agenda.
15:56:55 [DanC]
routes that make sense to me: (1) CR-spec + LC-tests, (2) skip CR and go to PR later
15:56:56 [jjc-scribe]
We need to have LC on test cases, hence three week LC period, and then PR on everything
15:58:19 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: primer either needs to be ready for LC with test cases, or not rec track
15:58:30 [jjc-scribe]
chime: requests review of editors draft of Test cases
15:58:47 [jjc-scribe]
danc: no one else available
15:59:15 [jjc-scribe]
harry can give a light read of tc
16:00:35 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: a few tests to add, a few bugs to fix in existing tests
16:00:44 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: i think we agree where the bugs are
16:01:09 [jjc-scribe]
May 2nd is last date on which we can agree on CR/LC
16:01:15 [jjc-scribe]
Danc: no too late
16:01:30 [HarryH]
DanC would prefer April 25th for CR.
16:01:35 [jjc-scribe]
HarryH: 25th Apr is then the only possibility
16:01:50 [jjc-scribe]
DanC does not have a preference
16:02:25 [jjc-scribe]
DanC and HarryH have other commitments and things
16:02:51 [jjc-scribe]
What's the rush?
16:03:38 [DanC]
(it's been dotting i's and crossing t's, for me, since the WG convened.)
16:04:29 [jjc-scribe]
Murray: advocated taking things a bit slower, particularly given that the bulk of work is done
16:05:23 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to write CR report request by early next week and Jeremy to review.
16:05:29 [Zakim]
-Murray_Maloney
16:05:45 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 3
16:05:45 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Relationship with RDFa" taken up
16:05:50 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 4
16:05:51 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Implementation report/PR request" taken up
16:06:03 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 5
16:06:04 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Test Cases: Towards Last Call" taken up
16:06:25 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 4
16:06:25 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Implementation report/PR request" taken up
16:06:32 [HarryH]
Jeremy? Happy with your EARL?
16:08:39 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to run EARL-> HTML table generator and work on CR/PR transition request [CONTINUES] (to give to jjc by next week if not done)
16:09:00 [DanC]
proto-impl report, with earl foo: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/test_results
16:09:47 [HarryH]
Zakim, opem item 5
16:09:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'opem item 5', HarryH
16:09:51 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 5
16:09:51 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Test Cases: Towards Last Call" taken up
16:10:08 [jjc-scribe]
samsung will be invited to waive their rights
16:10:14 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#rdfXMLDoc
16:11:10 [DanC]
Harry notes that unless recorded otherwise, actions in the agenda continue.
16:11:39 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: to approve http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#rdfXMLDoc as a valid test caes
16:12:07 [john-l]
application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml
16:12:21 [chimezie]
*phew*
16:12:53 [DanC]
"Get RDF from a spreadsheet"
16:13:00 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: no that's mozilla it silently converts application/rdf+xml to that one
16:13:03 [john-l]
"RDF/XML document"
16:13:43 [DanC]
no, not "Get RDF from a spreadsheet". never mind. I was confused.
16:13:52 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#rdfXMLDoc approved as a valid test case
16:13:59 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xhtmlWithGrddlProfile
16:14:07 [chimezie]
"One transform linked from the head of a document with only the GRDDL profile"
16:14:19 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: to approve http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xhtmlWithGrddlProfile as a valid test cae
16:14:52 [jjc-scribe]
Dan asks about acknowledgement to Dom, who authored test
16:15:07 [chimezie]
ACTION chime to update dom in ack
16:15:11 [chimezie]
ACTION: chime to update dom in ack
16:15:48 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xhtmlWithGrddlProfile approved as a valid test case
16:15:53 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xhtmlWithGrddlTransformationInBody
16:16:08 [chimezie]
"One transform linked from the body of a document with only the GRDDL profile"
16:16:27 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: to approve http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xhtmlWithGrddlTransformationInBody as a valid test case
16:16:45 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xhtmlWithGrddlTransformationInBody is a valid test case
16:17:25 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xmlWithGrddlAttributeAndNonXMLNamespaceDocument
16:17:48 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#sq2
16:18:07 [DanC]
(I'm only encouraging a batch if there's nothing to discuss, as far as you know)
16:18:21 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#two-transforms
16:18:40 [chimezie]
those 3 for now
16:18:54 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: seconds all three
16:19:55 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: #xmlWithGrddlAttributeAndNonXMLNamespaceDocument, #sq2, and #two-transforms are all valid test cases, with a base URI of http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests
16:19:55 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#four-transforms
16:20:13 [HarryH]
s/base URI/base IRI
16:21:15 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#pf-pf-pf-ns
16:21:34 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#ns-ns-pf-pf
16:21:55 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#ns-pf-ns-pf-ns
16:23:15 [jjc-scribe]
DanC concurs on this one
16:23:30 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#html-and-transformation-attr
16:23:32 [jjc-scribe]
(one = the last four)
16:23:56 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: #four-transforms, #pf-pf-pf-ns, #ns-ns-pf-pf, #ns-pf-ns-pf-ns are all valid test cases with a base URI of http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests
16:24:04 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#grddlonrdf-xmlmediatype
16:24:31 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xhtmlWithGrddlEnabledProfileAndADisabledInBodyTransform
16:24:41 [DanC]
(I concurred after I heard jjc and chime report succesful experience with the 4 including #ns-ns-pf-pf . I'd feel better if I had run my cwm/n3 impl on them, but I'm OK with having that happen another day, if ever.)
16:25:10 [DanC]
chime withdraws #xhtmlWithGrddlEnabledProfileAndADisabledInBodyTransform
16:25:35 [jjc-scribe]
jjc was grddlonrdf-xmlmediatype previously known as grddlonrdf-xmlmediatype3
16:25:37 [jjc-scribe]
chime: yes
16:25:47 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#unknown-media-type
16:26:33 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: is unknown-media-type informative
16:26:35 [jjc-scribe]
chime: yes
16:27:21 [HarryH]
PROPOSE: #grddlonrdf-xmlmediatype and #unknown-media-type are valid test cases with a base URI of http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests
16:28:19 [HarryH]
PROPOSE: #grddlonrdf-xmlmediatype is a normative test case and #unknown-media-type is an informative test cases and both have a base URI of http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests
16:28:48 [DanC]
(I'm uncomfortable with "informative" but I undestand better now.)
16:28:49 [jjc-scribe]
Dan was does informative mean?
16:29:00 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: like we have no normative dependency on turtle
16:29:15 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: and we also have no norm dependency on the unknown media type
16:29:19 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: I second
16:29:27 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: #grddlonrdf-xmlmediatype is a normative test case and #unknown-media-type is an informative test cases and both have a base URI of http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests
16:29:31 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#hl7-to-owl
16:29:59 [DanC]
chime: did you pass #hl7-to-owl? I recall some discussion of the urn
16:30:22 [DanC]
s/you/you (jeremy)/
16:30:31 [chimezie]
hl7-rim-to-pomr.xslt
16:31:04 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: my system had a bug, but is now fixed
16:31:13 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#hl7-to-owl is a valid test case.
16:31:20 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#hl7-to-owl is a valid test case.
16:32:16 [FabienG]
Pointer to hGRDDL http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaGRDDL
16:32:42 [chimezie]
hGRDDL would output 'application/xhtml+xml' mimetype
16:33:28 [chimezie]
is that sufficient for a mime-type-driven follow-your-nose GRDDL result parsing?
16:34:04 [jjc-scribe]
q+ to talk about goals for next week
16:34:27 [HarryH]
ACTION: Fabien to take action on testcase for microformat+XHTML->RDFa (i.e. hGRDDL).
16:34:32 [DanC]
I'm interested in dicsussion of # mechanical rules (GRDDL spec editorial)
16:34:43 [jjc-scribe]
q+ to propose extension
16:35:44 [DanC]
Topic: RDFa and #issue-output-formats
16:35:55 [jjc-scribe]
Fabien: can merge outputs of grddl transforms
16:36:13 [chimezie]
.. interesting ..
16:36:14 [jjc-scribe]
Fabien: can merge outputs from different microformats
16:36:40 [HarryH]
ack jjc-scribe
16:36:40 [Zakim]
jjc-scribe, you wanted to talk about goals for next week and to propose extension
16:37:07 [jjc-scribe]
agreed to extend to the hour
16:37:46 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: what do we need to have done by next weel?
16:37:48 [chimezie]
i think a goal of doing all we can to ensure a smooth transition to an XML Base norm. dependency would be very useful
16:38:56 [DanC]
Topic: Toward CR/LC release
16:39:38 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: need to freeze docs at least 24hrs before meeting
16:40:48 [HarryH]
Editors can send out an e-mail if they do or do not feel ready to freeze documents?
16:40:51 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: chime what's the deadline for test cases
16:40:55 [jjc-scribe]
chime: the weekend
16:41:01 [DanC]
I'll do what I can to inform you in time for T-24 agenda release, harry
16:41:12 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 7
16:41:12 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "mechanical rules (GRDDL spec editorial)" taken up
16:41:48 [chimezie]
lol
16:42:25 [jjc-scribe]
jjc: I would prefer them to move, but don't demand it
16:42:37 [jjc-scribe]
chime: I like them
16:42:46 [john-l]
s/chime/john-l/
16:42:54 [jjc-scribe]
harry: others find them confusing
16:43:24 [jjc-scribe]
chime: I like them where they are
16:43:44 [jjc-scribe]
danc: if I had more time, I would move them, but ....
16:44:10 [DanC]
"The formal specification of this markup is given below. An informative mechanical version of each rule is given with the premise and the conclusion written as SPARQL graph patterns[SPARQL]. See the Mechanical Rules appendix for namespace prefix bindings and further explanation."
16:45:01 [jjc-scribe]
ACTION: jjc to think of some text to soften the above
16:45:03 [Zakim]
-Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:47:44 [jjc-scribe]
discussion of microformats and grddl
16:48:48 [jjc-scribe]
text about scraping was removed from use cases note
16:52:04 [jjc-scribe]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/NOTE-grddl-scenarios-20070406/#html_tidy_use_case
16:52:17 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-scenarios/#html_tidy_use_case
16:53:29 [jjc-scribe]
Although tidying of source documents can be part of a pragmatic approach to gathering data, the consumer of the RDF can only trust GRDDL transformations when they have been explicitly licensed by the author of the documents.
16:54:06 [DanC]
----------------------------
16:54:06 [DanC]
revision 1.65
16:54:06 [DanC]
date: 2006/12/25 06:20:19; author: hhalpin; state: Exp; lines: +15 -11
16:54:06 [DanC]
removed word scraping, added caveat for non-XHTML GRDDL
16:54:06 [DanC]
----------------------------
16:54:58 [DanC]
(I stipulate that it's procedurally strange. so?)
16:56:21 [jjc-scribe]
what will the audience at www 2007 say about grddl?
16:57:01 [jjc-scribe]
adjourn
16:57:04 [Zakim]
-HarryH
16:57:05 [Zakim]
-john-l
16:57:07 [Zakim]
-DanC
16:57:07 [Zakim]
-jjc-scribe
16:57:20 [Zakim]
-FabienG
16:57:21 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
16:57:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.216.445.aaaa, DanC, john-l, Chimezie_Ogbuji, +049238aabb, FabienG, jjc-scribe, +1.919.668.aacc, HarryH, Murray_Maloney
16:57:29 [jjc-scribe]
RRSAgent,help
16:58:06 [jjc-scribe]
RRSAgent,show action items
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-actions.rdf :
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jjc to produce a test-case using xml-base and a relative reference to transform. [1]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T15-16-46
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jjc to enhance profileTransformation in our stdlib to handle xml:base [2]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T15-22-23
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jjc to test that our stdlib profileTransformation handles xml:base [3]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T15-22-26
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanC to edit the text of the GRDDL Spec such that a normative dependency on xml:base is in the spec. [4]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T15-41-35
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: HarryH to write CR report request by early next week and Jeremy to review. [5]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T16-05-23
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: HarryH to run EARL-> HTML table generator and work on CR/PR transition request [CONTINUES] (to give to jjc by next week if not done) [6]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T16-08-39
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: chime to update dom in ack [7]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T16-15-11
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Fabien to take action on testcase for microformat+XHTML->RDFa (i.e. hGRDDL). [8]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T16-34-27
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jjc to think of some text to soften the above [9]
16:58:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-irc#T16-45-01
16:59:31 [jjc-scribe]
rssagent, please publish the minutes
16:59:40 [jjc-scribe]
rrsagent, please publish the minutes
16:59:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-grddl-wg-minutes.html jjc-scribe
17:02:06 [jjc-scribe]
rrsagent, world readable
17:02:06 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'world readable', jjc-scribe. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:05:55 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
17:06:06 [jjc-scribe]
thanks dan
17:06:09 [DanC]
sure
17:45:14 [DanC]
hmm... does the spec cite the tests normatively? if so, we can't go to CR before WWW2007.
17:46:04 [DanC]
if so, also, we should send both docs to last call again.
17:50:40 [DanC]
saved sched7
18:00:48 [DanC]
DanC has left #grddl-wg