IRC log of tsdtf on 2007-04-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:14:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:14:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-tsdtf-irc
12:14:13 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:14:21 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsd
12:14:21 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:14:29 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsdtf
12:14:29 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:14:58 [shadi]
zakim, this will be t
12:14:58 [Zakim]
shadi, ARCH_Team()8:00AM is already associated with an irc channel; use 'move t to here' if you mean to reassociate the channel
12:15:09 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tf
12:15:09 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:15:16 [shadi]
zakim, this will be test
12:15:16 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:16:33 [shadi]
zakim, this will be wai_tsdtf
12:16:33 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:17:25 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tstf
12:17:25 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:17:54 [Christophe]
zakim, what conferences?
12:17:54 [Zakim]
I see ARCH_Team()8:00AM active and no others scheduled to start in the next 15 minutes
12:18:17 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_2252
12:18:26 [shadi]
seems like zakim is confused...
12:21:58 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
12:22:07 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Christophe
12:22:11 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has joined #tsdtf
12:22:13 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
12:22:37 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0017.html
12:23:08 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosI
12:23:38 [shadi]
feedback from Shadi's session on "Testing for WCAG 2.0" at CSUN
12:23:44 [shadi]
agenda+ feedback from Shadi's session on "Testing for WCAG 2.0" at CSUN
12:24:00 [shadi]
agenda+ Reporting coverage issues to WCAG WG
12:24:15 [shadi]
agenda+ Review of the review process document
12:24:38 [shadi]
agenda+ Review of example entries based on currently available test samples and reviews
12:24:48 [shadi]
agenda+ New tests from BenToWeb team
12:25:01 [shadi]
agenda+ Feedback to submitters of test samples
12:25:13 [shadi]
agenda+ Test Case Management System
12:25:23 [shadi]
agenda+ Web form interface for submitting test samples
12:25:33 [shadi]
agenda+ Some resolutions from previous telecons that need to be documented
12:29:36 [RalphS]
RalphS has joined #tsdtf
12:30:47 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
12:31:32 [RalphS]
zakim, this is tsdtf
12:31:32 [Zakim]
RalphS, this was already WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM
12:31:33 [Zakim]
ok, RalphS; that matches WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM
12:31:40 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:32:06 [RalphS]
RalphS has left #tsdtf
12:32:53 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:33:06 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:33:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe
12:33:53 [Zakim]
+Vangelis_Karkaletsis
12:37:11 [Zakim]
+MichaelC
12:38:50 [shadi]
agenda?
12:39:16 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:39:16 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "feedback from Shadi's session on "Testing for WCAG 2.0" at CSUN" taken up [from shadi]
12:40:24 [Christophe]
Presentation on "Testing for WCAG 2.0", which described work of TSD TF; purpose and status.
12:40:57 [Christophe]
One or two organizations may be interested in assigning resources. This may take a while.
12:41:21 [Christophe]
Got attention of some tool developers; some asked for URL of the slides.
12:41:58 [Christophe]
Next opportunity: Web for All conference in May.
12:43:04 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/People/shadi/Talks/2007/0321/WCAG20/slidy
12:43:15 [Christophe]
TSD TF participants: use opportunities to talk about this work.
12:43:23 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:43:23 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Reporting coverage issues to WCAG WG" taken up [from shadi]
12:43:40 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Mar/0002.html
12:43:56 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/IssuesTemplatePage
12:44:53 [shadi]
CS: looked at this last week, no objections
12:45:43 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: adopt the issues template linked above for reporting issues to WCAG WG
12:45:53 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:45:53 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Review of the review process document" taken up [from shadi]
12:46:02 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2006/tests/process
12:46:11 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Mar/0026.html
12:46:20 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0003.html
12:49:46 [Christophe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Mar/0019.html
12:51:34 [MichaelC]
q+ to suggest it doesn't need another strawpoll round
12:52:03 [MichaelC]
ack me
12:52:03 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to suggest it doesn't need another strawpoll round
12:53:06 [shadi]
SAZ: "bug" is a minor mistake (or typo etc) in the test sample
12:53:45 [shadi]
...it can be just fixed by the reviewer (or someone else who takes the action item) and doesn't need to go back to the group
12:55:23 [shadi]
...it's the chairs discretion to decide what constitutes a "bug" (rather than try to specify concrete parameters)
12:55:45 [shadi]
CS: so a "bug" is a new outcome from the TF decision
12:56:24 [shadi]
SAZ: yes, it's a "go ahead but with some minor modifications" (rather than "go ahead as-is" or "no, this needs to be reqorked")
12:56:51 [shadi]
CS: in a "bug" we assume we only have minor mistakes, that don't need re-review by the TF
12:58:49 [shadi]
SAZ: correct. things like wrong date, incorrect value, typos, etc
12:59:12 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Mar/att-0019/review.png
13:01:22 [shadi]
outcomes of a TF decision:
13:01:58 [shadi]
1. Reject: the group totally rejects a submitted test sample, it must be resubmitted and re-reviewed from the start
13:04:00 [shadi]
2. minor bugs as discussed above
13:04:51 [shadi]
3. more substantial bugs but not necessarily sufficient to constitute a rejection (test sample needs reworking)
13:05:45 [shadi]
...in this case it will need to have another content-review that describes how the issues were addressed, then go back for a strawpoll by the TF
13:06:32 [shadi]
4. acceptance of the test-sample "as-is" (sent to WCAG WG for final approval)
13:07:20 [shadi]
5. test sample identifies an issue in the test procedure or technique, rather than in the test sample itself
13:08:06 [shadi]
...these type of test samples are documented separately in a queue for WCAG WG to process
13:08:56 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
13:13:34 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
13:14:07 [shadi]
TB: "substantial bugs" are a conditional reject and need to be repaired by the author
13:14:30 [shadi]
...unless author expresses consent to have TF modify the submission
13:16:32 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:16:38 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:16:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:16:57 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:19:52 [Zakim]
restarting in 3 minutes to recover a bridge connection. Apologies for the inconvenience
13:21:30 [shadi]
TB: how will the submitter be made aware about the expectation, especially for responses that are on hold and may take longer
13:21:59 [shadi]
SAZ: we haven't addressed such communication yet, will need to when we open up for public submission
13:22:46 [shadi]
action: SAZ to update flow-chart according to the above and resend to the TF
13:24:26 [RalphS]
RalphS has joined #tsdtf
13:24:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
13:24:38 [RalphS]
zakim, this is tsdtf
13:24:38 [Zakim]
ok, RalphS; that matches WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM
13:24:44 [RalphS]
RalphS has left #tsdtf
13:25:23 [shadi]
SAZ: when an issue is recorded for WCAG WG (a test sample identifies an issue in the WCAG technique or test procedure), it is recorded in its own wiki template as an outcome of the TF decision
13:25:25 [shadi]
agenda?
13:26:02 [shadi]
agenda+ Review of example entries based on currently available test samples and reviews
13:26:14 [shadi]
agenda+ New tests from BenToWeb team
13:26:25 [shadi]
agenda+ Feedback to submitters of test samples
13:26:35 [shadi]
agenda+ Test Case Management System
13:26:42 [shadi]
agenda+ Web form interface for submitting test samples
13:26:53 [shadi]
agenda+ Some resolutions from previous telecons that need to be documented
13:28:11 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:28:11 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "New tests from BenToWeb team" taken up [from shadi]
13:28:26 [shadi]
CS: have test samples ready
13:30:28 [shadi]
SAZ: maybe better to wait a week or two and watch potential changes due to updated WCAG 2.0 WD or changes from BenToWeb review
13:33:22 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:33:24 [Zakim]
-Vangelis_Karkaletsis
13:33:27 [Zakim]
-MichaelC
13:33:29 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:33:32 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:33:33 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:33:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Vangelis_Karkaletsis, MichaelC, Tim_Boland
13:33:38 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has left #tsdtf
13:33:49 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:33:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:33:55 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has left #tsdtf
13:33:57 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:33:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:35:10 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:35:16 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:35:16 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:35:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ to update flow-chart according to the above and resend to the TF [1]
13:35:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-tsdtf-irc#T13-22-46