IRC log of mmsem on 2007-04-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:58:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
15:58:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-irc
15:58:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mmsem
15:58:43 [mhausenblas]
zakim, list conferences
15:58:43 [Zakim]
I see XML_PMWG()11:00AM, INC_MMSEM()12:00PM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, WAI_PFWG(F2F)8:30AM, SW_(SCIAM)11:00AM active
15:58:45 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM, Style_XSL WG()12:00PM
15:58:59 [mhausenblas]
zakim, this will be INC_MMSEM()
15:58:59 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas, I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM already started
15:59:04 [Zakim]
+Thomas_Franz
15:59:37 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
15:59:59 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:59:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +49.861.209.aaaa, Thomas_Franz, mhausenblas
16:00:21 [TobiasBuerger]
Zakim, aaaa is me
16:00:21 [Zakim]
+TobiasBuerger; got it
16:00:24 [Zakim]
+Chris_Halaschek-Wiener
16:00:45 [mhausenblas]
Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 12-04-2007, 17:00 UTC
16:00:50 [zeljko]
zeljko has joined #mmsem
16:00:52 [JeffP]
JeffP has joined #mmsem
16:00:55 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0039.html
16:01:25 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:01:35 [Zakim]
+Zeljko
16:01:37 [mhausenblas]
Regrets: Pasquale_Popolizio, Giovanni_Tummarello
16:01:40 [rellero]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is rellero
16:01:40 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
16:02:01 [mhausenblas]
present+ Tobias_Brger
16:02:10 [Zakim]
+Jeff_Pan
16:02:17 [mhausenblas]
present+ Christian_Halaschek-Wiener
16:02:40 [mhausenblas]
present+ +Jeff_Pan
16:02:50 [JeffP]
zakim, who is here?
16:02:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TobiasBuerger, Thomas_Franz, mhausenblas, Chris_Halaschek-Wiener, rellero, Zeljko, Jeff_Pan
16:02:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JeffP, zeljko, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, chalaschek, chrisa, ThomasFranz, TobiasBuerger, rellero
16:02:58 [Melli]
Melli has joined #mmsem
16:03:06 [mhausenblas]
present+ Zeljko_Obrenovic
16:03:33 [mhausenblas]
present+ Thomas_Franz
16:03:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aabb
16:03:58 [mhausenblas]
present+ Roberto_Ellero
16:04:07 [mhausenblas]
present+ Melliyal_Annamalai
16:04:31 [mhausenblas]
zakim, aabb is Melli
16:04:31 [Zakim]
+Melli; got it
16:05:43 [Zakim]
+Chris_Erik_Gaetan
16:05:55 [Zakim]
+??P42
16:05:58 [mhausenblas]
present+ Erik_Mannens
16:06:04 [vassilis]
vassilis has joined #mmsem
16:06:27 [mhausenblas]
present+ Vassilis_Tzouvaras
16:06:37 [mhausenblas]
zakim, p42 is vassilis
16:06:37 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not recognize a party named 'p42'
16:07:12 [JeffP]
zakim, ?P42 is vassilis
16:07:12 [Zakim]
sorry, JeffP, I do not recognize a party named '?P42'
16:07:12 [vassilis]
zakim, p42 is vassilis
16:07:13 [Zakim]
sorry, vassilis, I do not recognize a party named 'p42'
16:07:41 [JeffP]
zakim, +??P42 is vassilis
16:07:41 [Zakim]
sorry, JeffP, I do not recognize a party named '+??P42'
16:07:59 [chrisa]
no, I will participate through IRC
16:08:14 [vassilis]
zakim, mute me
16:08:14 [Zakim]
sorry, vassilis, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
16:08:47 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Jeff
16:09:13 [mhausenblas]
zakim, pick victim
16:09:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'pick victim', mhausenblas
16:09:29 [JeffP]
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html
16:09:42 [JeffP]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0037.html
16:09:43 [mhausenblas]
ScribeNick: mhausenblas
16:10:03 [Zakim]
-??P42
16:10:18 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
16:10:23 [mhausenblas]
Roll call
16:10:29 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 29th March 2007 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html
16:10:39 [JeffP]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0037.html
16:10:51 [JeffP]
more details on the future of XG
16:11:04 [chalaschek]
no objections here
16:11:12 [mhausenblas]
Jeff: Any objections w.r.t. extended minutes?
16:11:15 [mhausenblas]
none
16:11:20 [mhausenblas]
minutes accepted
16:11:26 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 2. Future of the XG
16:11:31 [Zakim]
-rellero
16:11:33 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to ask W3C what will happen with wiki after the end of XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
16:11:36 [mhausenblas]
-- done
16:11:47 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #mmsem
16:12:03 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to contact W3C about extending XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
16:12:10 [mhausenblas]
-- done
16:12:18 [JeffP]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0036.html
16:12:24 [Zakim]
+[IVML]
16:12:51 [mhausenblas]
zakim, IVML is vassilis
16:12:51 [Zakim]
+vassilis; got it
16:12:57 [Zakim]
+??P42
16:13:08 [vassilis]
thnx michael
16:13:12 [JeffP]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/procedures.html#Duration
16:13:25 [rellero_]
Zakim, +??P42 is rellero
16:13:25 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero_, I do not recognize a party named '+??P42'
16:13:39 [erik_chris_gaetan]
erik_chris_gaetan has joined #mmsem
16:13:56 [rellero_]
Zakim, ?42 is rellero_
16:13:56 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero_, I do not recognize a party named '?42'
16:14:24 [rellero_]
Zakim, P42 is rellero_
16:14:24 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero_, I do not recognize a party named 'P42'
16:14:37 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Draft charter asap
16:15:01 [mhausenblas]
zakim, ??P42 is rellero
16:15:01 [Zakim]
+rellero; got it
16:15:03 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mmsem
16:15:09 [rellero_]
tx
16:15:10 [mhausenblas]
present+ Raphael_Troncy
16:15:39 [mhausenblas]
Jeff: It is possible to extend an XG up to one year
16:15:52 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about formal written request [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
16:15:56 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
16:16:17 [mhausenblas]
Erik: I send the chairs a mail regarding the DIG35 spec
16:16:29 [mhausenblas]
... need a formal written request from W3C
16:16:43 [Zakim]
+??P43
16:16:49 [mhausenblas]
s/send/sent
16:17:06 [mhausenblas]
zakim ??P43 is raphael
16:17:38 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Had a chat with Ivan H. about this issue
16:17:45 [mhausenblas]
zakim, ??P43 is raphael
16:17:45 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
16:18:07 [mhausenblas]
... will report on it next time
16:19:00 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Received invitation from James S??? to join X???
16:20:35 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Erik, would you like to participate in IEEE from XG-side?
16:20:46 [raphael]
s/IEEE/I3A
16:21:28 [raphael]
s/S???/Payton
16:21:46 [raphael]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:21:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
16:21:52 [raphael]
rrsagent, makes logs public
16:21:52 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'makes logs public', raphael. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:22:12 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:22:27 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:22:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:22:54 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: I can commit to set up a new charter
16:24:26 [mhausenblas]
Jeff: How and when to organise the workshop
16:25:27 [TobiasBuerger]
TobiasBuerger has joined #mmsem
16:25:41 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: I think we should vote on workshop
16:26:51 [raphael]
zaim, which makes noise
16:26:57 [raphael]
zakim, which makes noise?
16:26:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
16:27:02 [JeffP]
zakim, who is talking?
16:27:14 [Zakim]
JeffP, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: mhausenblas (18%), Jeff_Pan (38%), raphael (5%)
16:27:38 [ThomasFranz]
i here an echo, too
16:27:54 [mhausenblas]
zakim, mute me
16:27:54 [Zakim]
mhausenblas should now be muted
16:28:07 [raphael]
Raphael disagree we *shoud* organize a workshop
16:28:12 [mhausenblas]
zakim, unmute me
16:28:12 [Zakim]
mhausenblas should no longer be muted
16:28:18 [raphael]
where such decision has been taken? and when?
16:28:21 [raphael]
where is the record ?
16:28:32 [mhausenblas]
Vassilis: Shouldn't decide now
16:29:33 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Propose a formal vote on having a workshop by next telecon
16:29:43 [mhausenblas]
+1
16:31:44 [mhausenblas]
s/Raphael: I can commit to set up a new charter/ Raphael: I can NOT commit to set up a new charter
16:31:56 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:31:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:32:29 [JeffP]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/charter
16:34:40 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Strongly adivse to contact the W3C rep to ask how charter should be written
16:35:59 [raphael]
+1 to move on
16:36:29 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Jeff to contact W3C representative to discuss charter extension
16:36:39 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 3. LINKS Pages
16:36:48 [mhausenblas]
Vocabularies page, see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies
16:37:06 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-vocabularies/ XGR Voc
16:38:15 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Plan to have it reviewabl by end of next week
16:38:32 [mhausenblas]
... can Erik please add DIG35 formalisation to Wiki?
16:38:36 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Yes
16:38:46 [mhausenblas]
Resources/Tools page, see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources
16:38:52 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Zeljko to rephrase the introduction to tools classifications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
16:38:55 [mhausenblas]
-- done
16:39:02 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Zeljko to rise discussion on links between tool and use cases pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
16:39:05 [mhausenblas]
-- done
16:39:48 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Now the T&R doc seems ready
16:39:56 [mhausenblas]
... could stay a living doc
16:40:22 [mhausenblas]
... any updates triggered through mailing list - thanx to Zeljko
16:40:26 [mhausenblas]
... great job
16:41:07 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable
16:41:21 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael to mail to the list notification for publication [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
16:41:25 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
16:41:54 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Have to go through pub-rules checker
16:42:12 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5. Interoperability Deliverable
16:42:18 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)
16:42:52 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
16:42:58 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
16:43:06 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:43:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:44:05 [mhausenblas]
Jeff: Had discussion on RDF (cf. mailing list)
16:44:33 [mhausenblas]
... plan to add a summary
16:45:04 [mhausenblas]
... e.g. based on SWBPDWG deliverables
16:45:05 [raphael]
+1 but more general to address the fragment identification problem in MM ... see mailling list discussion
16:45:25 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Support your ideao for sec. 3.1
16:45:32 [mhausenblas]
s/ideao/idea
16:46:09 [mhausenblas]
... and add all the various frag ID possibilities (MPEG-21, etc.)
16:46:44 [mhausenblas]
s/frag/fragment
16:47:02 [mhausenblas]
s/ID/identification
16:47:37 [mhausenblas]
s/reviewabl/reviewable
16:47:47 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:47:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:48:13 [JeffP]
zakim, who is talking
16:48:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is talking', JeffP
16:48:18 [raphael]
zakim, who is talking
16:48:18 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is talking', raphael
16:48:22 [JeffP]
zakim, who is talking?
16:48:33 [Zakim]
JeffP, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: vassilis (15%), TobiasBuerger (38%), Jeff_Pan (29%), raphael (18%)
16:49:15 [mhausenblas]
zakim, mute TobiasBuerger
16:49:15 [Zakim]
TobiasBuerger should now be muted
16:49:58 [mhausenblas]
zakim, mute vassilis
16:49:58 [Zakim]
vassilis should now be muted
16:50:14 [mhausenblas]
zakim, unmute vassilis
16:50:14 [Zakim]
vassilis should no longer be muted
16:50:26 [mhausenblas]
zakim, unmute TobiasBuerger
16:50:26 [Zakim]
TobiasBuerger should no longer be muted
16:53:49 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
16:54:02 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the music use case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
16:54:06 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
16:54:13 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music (thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
16:54:17 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
16:54:24 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
16:54:28 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
16:54:35 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
16:54:48 [mhausenblas]
Chris: We make progress
16:55:09 [mhausenblas]
.. next week we'll have a stable version for feedback
16:55:42 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/News_Use_Case News UC
16:56:24 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: We show 4 examples
16:56:52 [vassilis]
sorry I have to lea because
16:56:54 [mhausenblas]
... how to reason with it
16:57:13 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
16:57:16 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
16:57:39 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens)
16:58:07 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Erik to send the URL of the DIG35 OWL Schema by the next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
16:58:10 [mhausenblas]
-- done
16:58:27 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Did you see my comments?
16:58:41 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Yes, Now shortly - details on list
16:58:53 [mhausenblas]
... paper is planned
16:59:09 [raphael]
great, I'm very enthousiastic !!!
16:59:15 [mhausenblas]
... no time for automatic conversion
16:59:30 [mhausenblas]
... when XG moves on, we plan some more work
17:00:07 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: We can support you, there - will talk offline
17:00:46 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Back to -> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Photo_Use_Case Photo UC
17:02:02 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael to contact Susanne regarding converge
17:02:20 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
17:02:40 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tagging_Use_Case Tagging UC
17:02:42 [raphael]
s/converge/converge for a solution for the use case
17:02:51 [mhausenblas]
Thomas: no news
17:03:04 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio)
17:03:13 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Jeff to finish a review in one week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
17:03:15 [mhausenblas]
-- done
17:03:39 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
17:03:42 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:03:52 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis, Sofia)
17:04:08 [mhausenblas]
Review of Susanne Little: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0024.html
17:04:14 [mhausenblas]
Review of Vassilis: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0038.html
17:04:22 [mhausenblas]
Reply from Ioannis/Sofia http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0065.html
17:05:14 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Semantic_Media_Retrieval_Use_case Semantic Multimedia Retrieval UC
17:05:27 [mhausenblas]
Vassilis: Not sure if second UC is an interop one
17:05:55 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Due to the fact that the two authors are not here, this should be done via mail
17:06:01 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 6. MPEG-7 Deliverable
17:06:24 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-mpeg7/ MPEG-7 and the Semantic Web XGR
17:06:33 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]
17:06:37 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:06:54 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: We had offline discussions about that
17:07:04 [mhausenblas]
... will have a version by next telecon
17:07:10 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 7. AOB
17:08:07 [raphael]
Jeff ask if people can volunteer to write the new charter
17:08:13 [raphael]
Vassilis: yes of course
17:08:25 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I can contribute a bit ;)
17:08:42 [Zakim]
-Melli
17:08:54 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: I will give feedback, for sure, but can not take over lead
17:09:19 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:09:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/12-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
17:09:20 [raphael]
I would be to comment
17:09:31 [ThomasFranz]
bye
17:09:32 [Zakim]
-vassilis
17:09:33 [Zakim]
-Chris_Halaschek-Wiener
17:09:35 [Zakim]
-Chris_Erik_Gaetan
17:09:37 [Zakim]
-Thomas_Franz
17:09:37 [Zakim]
-Zeljko
17:09:37 [mhausenblas]
Jeff: Thanks all, see you in two weeks time
17:09:38 [Zakim]
-Jeff_Pan
17:09:39 [Zakim]
-TobiasBuerger
17:09:41 [Zakim]
-raphael
17:09:45 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
17:09:52 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:10:04 [chrisa]
βυε
17:10:07 [chrisa]
bye
17:11:01 [JeffP]
:-)
17:11:09 [chrisa]
yes, that was the problem...
17:13:46 [JeffP]
Many thanks michael
17:13:58 [mhausenblas]
You are welcome ...
17:14:10 [zeljko]
zeljko has left #mmsem
17:14:12 [mhausenblas]
bye
17:14:46 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, rellero, in INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
17:14:49 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
17:14:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were +49.861.209.aaaa, Thomas_Franz, mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, Chris_Halaschek-Wiener, Zeljko, rellero, Jeff_Pan, +1.603.897.aabb, Melli, Chris_Erik_Gaetan, vassilis,
17:14:53 [Zakim]
... raphael
19:18:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mmsem
19:57:03 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #mmsem
19:57:09 [rellero_]
rellero_ has left #mmsem