IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-04-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:03:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
15:03:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-grddl-wg-irc
15:03:29 [HarryH]
HarryH has changed the topic to: GRDDL WG Meeting April 11 EST 11:00
15:04:06 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:04:06 [Zakim]
sorry, HarryH, I don't know what conference this is
15:04:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, HarryH, FabienG, DanC_lap, john-l, chimezie, briansuda
15:04:12 [HarryH]
Zakim, this is grddl
15:04:13 [Zakim]
ok, HarryH; that matches SW_GRDDL()11:00AM
15:04:24 [jjc]
jjc has joined #grddl-wg
15:04:32 [john-l]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:04:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john-l, HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG
15:05:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:05:25 [rreck]
rreck has joined #grddl-wg
15:05:35 [Zakim]
+ +0127368aaaa
15:05:39 [jjc]
Zakim,aaaa is me
15:05:39 [Zakim]
+jjc; got it
15:05:46 [HarryH]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:05:46 [Zakim]
working on it, HarryH
15:05:48 [Zakim]
agenda+ Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-04-10T11:00-0400
15:05:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
15:05:50 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL Spec: pending editorial work
15:05:52 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
15:05:55 [Zakim]
agenda+ multiple values in @rel for GRDDL
15:05:56 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
15:05:57 [Zakim]
agenda+ issue-http-header-links
15:05:59 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
15:06:03 [Zakim]
agenda+ Test Cases: Towards Last Call
15:06:05 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
15:06:06 [chimezie]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:06:07 [Zakim]
agenda+ Advocating
15:06:09 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
15:06:11 [Zakim]
agenda+ Primer
15:06:14 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
15:06:22 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL Spec: Last Call Comments [DONE WITHOUT DISCUSSION]
15:06:31 [Zakim]
agendum 8 added
15:06:38 [Zakim]
agenda+ Patent Policy
15:06:40 [Zakim]
agendum 9 added
15:06:42 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, HarryH
15:06:43 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 1
15:06:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john-l, HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG, [IPcaller], jjc
15:06:50 [Zakim]
+??P45
15:06:52 [rreck]
me
15:06:53 [briansuda]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is briansuda
15:07:02 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-04-10T11:00-0400" taken up
15:07:06 [briansuda]
i was second
15:07:12 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
15:07:38 [HarryH]
chair: HarryH
15:07:39 [briansuda]
Zakim, ??P45 is briansuda
15:07:39 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
15:07:43 [HarryH]
scribe: Chime
15:07:50 [HarryH]
regrets: IanD
15:07:54 [john-l]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:07:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see john-l, HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG, briansuda, jjc, briansuda.a
15:07:56 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to approve GRDDL WG Weekly --4 April 2007 as a true record
15:08:04 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/att-0014/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html
15:08:24 [john-l]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/att-0039/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary
15:08:37 [john-l]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/att-0039/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html
15:08:45 [briansuda]
Zakim, briansuda.a is rreck
15:08:45 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
15:09:14 [HarryH]
So note the real minutes are here:
15:09:21 [rreck]
thanks
15:09:22 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/att-0039/04-grddl-wg-minutes.html
15:09:36 [HarryH]
RESOLVED to approve GRDDL WG Weekly --4 April 2007 as a true record
15:09:47 [HarryH]
RESOLVED : approved GRDDL WG Weekly --4 April 2007 as a true record
15:10:02 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:10:02 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose rreck
15:10:32 [HarryH]
Reck will be scribe next meeting.
15:10:35 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:10:35 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Chimezie_Ogbuji
15:10:37 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:10:38 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose john-l
15:10:46 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:10:46 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose HarryH
15:10:48 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:10:48 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Chimezie_Ogbuji
15:10:49 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:10:49 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose HarryH
15:10:50 [HarryH]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:10:50 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose jjc
15:10:58 [HarryH]
Jeremy?
15:11:09 [HarryH]
Jeremy can scribe next meeting.
15:11:14 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:11:14 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "GRDDL Spec: pending editorial work" taken up
15:11:37 [HarryH]
DanC?
15:12:03 [HarryH]
Without DanC, I suggest we move to Test Cases.
15:12:11 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 5
15:12:11 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Test Cases: Towards Last Call" taken up
15:12:55 [chimezie]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Apr/0031.html
15:14:07 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#projectsSpreadsheet
15:14:19 [chimezie]
input: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/projects.xml
15:14:26 [chimezie]
outpu: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/projects.rdf
15:14:35 [chimezie]
prior approval: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Nov/att-0096/22-grddl-wg-minutes.html#item03
15:14:39 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: Approve http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#projectsSpreadsheet as a valid test for test-case document.
15:15:02 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: Approved http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#projectsSpreadsheet as a valid test for test-case document.
15:17:27 [chimezie]
jjc: prefer test approval for material, and review WD as a whole (with test text)
15:17:43 [chimezie]
john-l: same preference
15:18:44 [HarryH]
ACTION: john-l to add text to http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#projectsSpreadsheet
15:19:21 [HarryH]
ACTION: john-l is to add text to any tests many text where deemed appropriate.
15:19:51 [chimezie]
Remaining tests with prior approval:
15:19:54 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#atomttl1
15:20:14 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#xmlWithGrddlAttribute
15:20:22 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: To reapprove in bulk all tests with prior approval.
15:20:35 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: all tests with prior approval approved.
15:21:02 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#base-param
15:21:36 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#base-param as a valid test for test-case document.
15:21:50 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#base-param as a valid test for test-case document.
15:22:03 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#rdfa1
15:22:41 [chimezie]
HarryH: we should approve this noting that the stylesheet may be updated
15:23:39 [chimezie]
FabienG: 1) difference btwn implementation 2) RDFa spec is not stable
15:24:19 [chimezie]
jjc: text should reflect that the transform does not reflect a general RDFa transform
15:24:28 [chimezie]
FabienG: works fine WRT the test case
15:25:31 [chimezie]
FabienG: should the transform predicate be included in the output?
15:26:11 [chimezie]
FabienG: at F2F - the transform is ignored
15:26:32 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#rdfa1 as a valid test for test-case document.
15:26:50 [HarryH]
ACTION: john-l to make sure rdfa1 test case text reflects current state of rdfa
15:27:14 [HarryH]
APPROVED: Given caveat about current state of rdfa, http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#rdfa1 as a valid test for test-case document.
15:27:26 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#title_author
15:27:47 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#title_author is a valid test for test-case document.
15:28:12 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#title_author is a valid test for test-case document.
15:28:31 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#multiprofile
15:28:51 [chimezie]
<head profile="http://purl.org/NET/erdf/profile
15:28:51 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#multiprofile is a valid test for test-case document.
15:28:53 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2006/03/hcard">
15:29:50 [chimezie]
jjc: possibility that changes to the profile effected validity of output
15:29:52 [john-l]
+1
15:30:00 [chimezie]
jjc: we should copy these profiles to our test repository
15:30:06 [john-l]
(+1 to that, rather)
15:30:14 [chimezie]
jjc: would like to see the test modified in that regard
15:30:45 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc to do modify http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#multiprofile to keep all profiles in W3C space.
15:31:00 [jjc]
^W3C^GRDDL WG^
15:31:40 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#inline
15:33:00 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#inline is a valid test for test-case document.
15:33:20 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#inline is a valid test for test-case document.
15:34:32 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#sq2
15:35:00 [chimezie]
the ns document is served as application/rdf+xml (no controversy there)
15:35:59 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#inline is a valid test for test-case document.
15:36:07 [Zakim]
+DanC
15:36:11 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#inline is a valid test for test-case document.
15:36:45 [HarryH]
Chime: What all the controversial ones have is a "multiple output" sort of one.
15:36:53 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#multiple-output
15:38:16 [chimezie]
the tests with maximal results are less ambiguous
15:38:40 [chimezie]
jjc: for the langconneg ppl probably pass the english version but not the german version
15:39:01 [chimezie]
jjc: is there a maximal result of the merge of the english and german GRDDL results?
15:40:14 [chimezie]
to calculate the maximal result, dont yo uneed to know the accept headers up front?
15:40:32 [chimezie]
jjc: technically possible
15:41:00 [DanC_lap]
(I'd be happy to leave the german test in the someday pile.)
15:41:06 [chimezie]
... not neccessary for testing phase
15:41:35 [DanC_lap]
(actually, the IETF rules is included in W3C process, as a SHOULD)
15:41:44 [DanC_lap]
(is discussion of our request for CR/PR on the agenda?)
15:41:56 [jjc]
(transparent content negotiation)
15:42:15 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#xinclude
15:42:40 [chimezie]
jjc: Jena reader passes the noxinclude version
15:43:00 [chimezie]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007AprJun/0010.html
15:43:17 [chimezie]
[[[
15:43:19 [chimezie]
* http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/#noxinclude failed
15:43:20 [chimezie]
ok: since raptor does do xinclude processing this is ok to fail
15:43:20 [chimezie]
]]]
15:43:46 [HarryH]
(I'm happy to discuss CR/PR is we have time. In particular, as soon as I get EARL from Jena I'll make an implementation report, but I need Jena's results and the precise number of tests to be approved)
15:44:03 [jjc]
EARL from Jena this week ... hopefully
15:45:04 [chimezie]
HarryH: as long as implementations pass noxinclude I'm happy
15:45:34 [chimezie]
jjc: agrees.. but we need enough evidence
15:47:07 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#noxinclude
15:47:07 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#xinclude is a valid test for test-case document.
15:48:08 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#xinclude and ihttp://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#noxinclude as a valid test for test-case document.
15:48:32 [DanC_lap]
is the .html on purpose?
15:48:54 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xinclude and http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#noxinclude as a valid test for test-case document.
15:49:00 [DanC_lap]
2nd
15:49:11 [HarryH]
For previous resolutsions regards tests s/.html//
15:49:18 [DanC_lap]
yes, s/.html#/#/g in resolutions of this meeting
15:49:56 [HarryH]
APPROVED: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xinclude and http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#noxinclude as a valid test for test-case document.
15:50:25 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#grddlonrdf1
15:51:22 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#grddlonrdf2
15:51:23 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#grddlonrdf3
15:51:33 [chimezie]
if a test passes the third, can it assume it has passed the others?
15:51:42 [chimezie]
the maximal result is not isomorphic with the others
15:51:54 [DanC_lap]
(tests don't assume anything; they're not thinking things)
15:52:02 [HarryH]
\me asks DanC - can you take over chairing at noon? I still have these meetings at noon on Wed. till early May :(
15:52:15 [chimezie]
jjc: issues with the test text
15:53:26 [DanC_lap]
chairing... tricky... perhaps, if we start making the transition 10 minutes before you need to go.
15:53:42 [chimezie]
so is "However, for the purpose of running these tests in order to determine compliance, a GRDDL-aware agent with a security policy which does not prevent it from applying transformations identified by each test will produce the GRDDL result associated with each normative test.
15:53:47 [chimezie]
" authoritative
15:54:05 [chimezie]
?
15:54:34 [chimezie]
jjc: happy to approve number 3, and modify text of 1-2
15:55:16 [jjc]
no delete 1-2
15:55:21 [jjc]
annd modify text of 3
15:56:47 [HarryH]
Note that I can't right CR transition till our test cases are fairly stable, so this test approval process is quite important.
15:57:26 [DanC_lap]
you can start on the CR request at any time, harry. I find it's often good to work backwards from the goal
15:57:44 [DanC_lap]
or perhaps somebody else can start on the CR request
15:58:10 [HarryH]
ACTION: Chime and john-l to remove non-maximal tests from test-suite
15:59:10 [HarryH]
ACTION: Chime and john-l to remove non-maximal tests with ones with security relevancy.
16:00:36 [DanC_lap]
action -5
16:01:02 [chimezie]
jjc: issues with general conneg and what the 'maximal' result is
16:01:21 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to start working on CR/PR transition report for GRDDL Spec.
16:01:42 [Zakim]
-HarryH
16:02:09 [chimezie]
jjc: would like to see the merge as a seperate test for conneg
16:02:50 [jjc]
ACTION jjc to produce/check merge results involving content negotiation
16:03:04 [jjc]
ACTION: jjc to produce/check merge results involving content negotiation
16:03:27 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, agenda?
16:03:27 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda:
16:03:28 [Zakim]
2. GRDDL Spec: pending editorial work
16:03:31 [Zakim]
3. multiple values in @rel for GRDDL
16:03:33 [Zakim]
4. issue-http-header-links
16:03:35 [Zakim]
5. Test Cases: Towards Last Call
16:03:37 [Zakim]
6. Advocating
16:03:39 [Zakim]
7. Primer
16:03:41 [Zakim]
8. GRDDL Spec: Last Call Comments [from DONE WITHOUT DISCUSSION]
16:03:47 [Zakim]
9. Patent Policy
16:03:53 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, take up item 4
16:04:05 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "issue-http-header-links" taken up
16:04:05 [HarryH]
I'm happy to drop this.
16:04:16 [HarryH]
I'm happy to e-mail IanD and ask him to drop this.
16:04:23 [DanC_lap]
WITHDRAWN. it falls to the someday pile. bonus points to anybody who picks this up and makes progress on it.
16:04:31 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, close item 4
16:04:35 [Zakim]
agendum 4, issue-http-header-links, closed
16:04:39 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:04:41 [Zakim]
2. GRDDL Spec: pending editorial work
16:05:44 [DanC_lap]
agenda + base case GRDDL rule and application/xml documents
16:05:53 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, take up item 10
16:05:53 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "base case GRDDL rule and application/xml documents" taken up [from DanC_lap]
16:06:03 [chimezie]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007AprJun/0010.html
16:06:19 [chimezie]
[[[
16:06:21 [chimezie]
I do notice http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/sq1ns
16:06:21 [chimezie]
is not of the RDF mime type, should it really be handled
16:06:21 [chimezie]
as RDF/XML?
16:06:23 [chimezie]
]]]
16:08:54 [DanC_lap]
DanC: this WG decided that the answer is yes, IIRC.
16:09:02 [chimezie]
does this require the GRDDL-aware agent to attempt to parse all source documents as RDF/XML?
16:09:16 [HarryH]
I thought there was a rule about this sort of sniffing.
16:09:22 [john-l]
All application/xml source documents...
16:09:31 [HarryH]
I.e. look for rdf:RDF.
16:09:39 [chimezie]
the spec doesn't speak about media-type
16:09:45 [chimezie]
just 'conforming RDF/XML'
16:10:11 [john-l]
But if it's conforming RDF/XML, then it must also be XML, so anything that's not in an XML media type could not be a conforming RDF/XML document.
16:10:34 [chimezie]
RDF/XML spec doesn't define conformance by anything other than the content not the media-type over the wire
16:10:49 [HarryH]
In which case we're okay as regards RDF/XML.
16:11:07 [HarryH]
So, one can serve RDF/XML as application/xml and still interpret it as RDF.
16:11:19 [HarryH]
We might want to bring this up explicitly in informative text.
16:11:37 [HarryH]
However, we should remember that we don't want to tie the spec to RDF/XML.
16:12:00 [DanC_lap]
the relevant WG decision is under feb 7 under http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#issue-mt-ns
16:13:39 [jjc]
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-grammar-productions
16:13:43 [chimezie]
.. discussion continues on what RDF/XML 'conformance' is ..
16:13:44 [DanC_lap]
"If an information resource IR is represented by a conforming RDF/XML document[RDFX], then the RDF graph represented by that document is a GRDDL result of IR"
16:13:58 [HarryH]
What if IR is in N3?
16:14:03 [HarryH]
Sorry for asking the question :(
16:14:15 [HarryH]
It's a real edge-case.
16:15:02 [DanC_lap]
then the premise of that rule isn't satisfied and you gotta look elsewhere, Harry
16:15:11 [HarryH]
Hmmm...
16:15:15 [DanC_lap]
<foo/>
16:15:35 [HarryH]
Is there a notion of RDF conformance that isn't tied to RDF/XML?
16:15:39 [chimezie]
DanC_lap: is a conforming RDF/XML document
16:15:59 [DanC_lap]
<foo xmlns="http://example/vocab" />
16:17:05 [HarryH]
I'll just have to re-read the spec and look for this...anyways, feel free to ignore my comments as I'm not on the phone.
16:17:20 [jjc]
If an information resource IR is represented by a conforming RDF/XML document[RDFX], then the RDF graph represented by that document is a GRDDL result of IR.
16:18:03 [john-l]
What about what http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-grammar-productions about application/rdf+xml?
16:18:10 [Zakim]
-briansuda
16:19:02 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#sq1
16:19:47 [DanC_lap]
DanC nominates jjc to review this sq1 test
16:20:31 [DanC_lap]
JJC: sq1 is not problematic; it bears the rdf:RDF root element
16:20:38 [DanC_lap]
... or... hmm...
16:23:12 [DanC_lap]
(the TAG concurred with the idea that the root element namespace URI works as an alternative to a MIME type decl)
16:24:25 [HarryH]
+` root element namespace URI working as an alternatie to MIME type.
16:24:50 [HarryH]
+1
16:25:46 [DanC_lap]
ACTION JohnL: draft refinement to "If an information resource IR is represented by a conforming RDF/XML document[RDFX], then the RDF graph represented by that document is a GRDDL result of IR" to be clear that "some other means", for our purposes, is a namespace on the root elt
16:26:44 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, close this agendum
16:26:44 [Zakim]
agendum 10 closed
16:26:46 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:26:47 [Zakim]
2. GRDDL Spec: pending editorial work
16:26:58 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, take up item 2
16:26:58 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "GRDDL Spec: pending editorial work" taken up
16:27:37 [DanC_lap]
DanC collects advice on the xml pi appendix
16:28:03 [DanC_lap]
ADJOURN
16:28:14 [chimezie]
Zakim, list participants
16:28:14 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been john-l, HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG, +0127368aaaa, jjc, briansuda, rreck, DanC
16:28:21 [chimezie]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:28:30 [chimezie]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:28:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-grddl-wg-minutes.html chimezie
16:29:14 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:29:16 [Zakim]
-john-l
16:30:57 [HarryH]
DanC - if you want to chat via IRC I'm still here.
16:31:28 [HarryH]
I'd like to get an update on Samsung/Citigroup situation.
16:31:32 [HarryH]
Time is getting critical here.
16:31:45 [HarryH]
If they don't sign off, I don't think we can go to PR.
16:31:56 [DanC_lap]
is there some reason you didn't link the survey from the agenda? I guess I'll hunt it down yet again...
16:32:08 [HarryH]
It should be in previous minutes.
16:32:11 [HarryH]
From last meeting.
16:32:22 [HarryH]
Apologies, I am working very hard on HASTAC stuff so my time is limited right now.
16:32:31 [HarryH]
Will be back on board more full time post HASTAC.
16:33:56 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39407/grddlexcl/
16:34:02 [HarryH]
That's the URI.
16:34:24 [HarryH]
DanC?
16:35:35 [jjc]
samsung still outstanding
16:35:43 [HarryH]
ARGH.
16:36:07 [HarryH]
Steve Bratt had the W3C Rep Asia phone them, he reports they know about problem.
16:36:32 [HarryH]
I'll e-mail a number of people at Samsung and Steve and Ian again.
16:36:42 [DanC_lap]
only samsung has not answered http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39407/grddlexcl/results
16:36:57 [Zakim]
-Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:36:59 [Zakim]
-DanC
16:37:01 [Zakim]
-FabienG
16:37:04 [Zakim]
-jjc
16:37:05 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
16:37:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were john-l, HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG, +0127368aaaa, jjc, briansuda, rreck, DanC
16:37:13 [chimezie]
whoops
16:37:47 [DanC_lap]
harry, don't send to many emails to samsung. we don't want to come across as nagging
16:37:51 [DanC_lap]
too many
16:38:04 [DanC_lap]
feel free to nag Ian and SteveB and me; we're paid to take it
16:38:08 [HarryH]
OK.
16:38:16 [HarryH]
I think phone-calls are the way to go with Samsung.
16:38:43 [HarryH]
As regards Primer, John Madden sent me draft text off-list. I think.
16:38:52 [HarryH]
But it seems incomplete.
16:38:59 [DanC_lap]
I wonder if anyone has mentioned the option of resiginging from the WG to samsung
16:39:06 [HarryH]
That might work.
16:39:18 [DanC_lap]
I think I'm going to leave it to Ian for a bit.
16:39:31 [HarryH]
We only have like 2 1/2 weeks I think to sort this out.
16:39:34 [HarryH]
So getting worried.
16:39:47 [DanC_lap]
what happens in 2 1/2 weeks?
16:40:00 [DanC_lap]
you want to send a request for CR? or PR?
16:40:27 [HarryH]
Yep.
16:40:41 [HarryH]
I was hoping for end of April.
16:41:49 [DanC_lap]
I think it'll be a good use of time to start drafting that request. you'll be able to see how compelling our case is
16:42:24 [DanC_lap]
if this samsung detail is the only problem, and it's clear that a big part of the web community is ready for this thing to move forward, that puts us in a reasonably good negotiating position.
16:42:48 [HarryH]
Of course our case is compelling.
16:42:54 [HarryH]
:)
16:43:52 [HarryH]
I'm just concerned about the "table of EARL results" of implementations that let's us go straight to PR..
16:44:05 [HarryH]
I don't want to make the wrong table and need Jeremy's results in EARL to make this.
16:44:19 [HarryH]
I want *one* CR/PR request. Not to make two.
16:44:25 [HarryH]
Otherwise our schedule goes off.
16:45:31 [HarryH]
So, I'm sort of waiting for all the EARL results and test-case stabilization, which seems like it will happen by next meeting.
16:48:59 [HarryH]
OK.
16:49:20 [HarryH]
Anyways, I'll take an action to make CR/PR request next meeting.
16:49:23 [HarryH]
Gotta run.
16:49:24 [HarryH]
Bye!
18:17:48 [DanC_lap]
DanC_lap has joined #grddl-wg
19:13:20 [DanC_lap]
DanC_lap has joined #grddl-wg
21:23:08 [DanC_lap]
DanC_lap has joined #grddl-wg