IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-03-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:59:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-wai-wcag-irc
19:59:57 [ben_]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
20:00:01 [ben_]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:00:06 [ben_]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:00:06 [Zakim]
ok, ben_, I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM already started
20:00:10 [ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:00:28 [ben_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JanMar/0260.html
20:00:33 [ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:00:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, ??P9
20:00:45 [ben_]
zakim, ??P9 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:00:45 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:00:55 [ben_]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:01:00 [ben_]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:01:12 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:01:23 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:24 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:01:32 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:01:36 [bengt]
zakim, ??P10 is Bengt_Farre
20:01:36 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:01:39 [ben_]
Regrets: David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic
20:01:40 [Zakim]
+??P11
20:01:44 [rellero_]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
20:01:44 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:01:51 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:01:54 [rellero_]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:01:54 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:02:35 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:02:49 [ben_]
agenda+ 29 March Miscellaneous Survey
20:03:00 [ben_]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:03:15 [Tim]
I'm having trouble getting in on the phone - keeps ringing busy
20:03:29 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
20:04:00 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:04:33 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:05:14 [MichaelC]
scribe: Tim_Boland
20:05:17 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: Tim
20:05:28 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:59 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:06:04 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:06:12 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:06:17 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:06:17 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:06:53 [Tim]
Topic: Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:06:57 [ben_]
agenda?
20:07:02 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:07:02 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from ben_]
20:07:38 [Tim]
Bruce Bailey is joining US Access Board and will continue in WG
20:08:00 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:23 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
20:08:23 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
20:08:24 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
20:08:25 [Zakim]
1. 29 March Miscellaneous Survey [from ben_]
20:08:32 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:08:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "29 March Miscellaneous Survey" taken up [from ben_]
20:08:55 [ben_]
agenda+ overview of what's left
20:09:16 [ben_]
agenda+ discussion of misc. items
20:10:40 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:11:12 [Tim]
current trend is that cognitive meeting will be Tuesday April 10
20:11:35 [Tim]
..maybe 8-9AM EST
20:12:18 [Tim]
anybody from this WG is invited to participate, but let Loretta know
20:13:13 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
20:14:46 [Tim]
Topic: 29 March Miscellaneous Survey
20:15:15 [Tim]
Topic: Response to Issues Regarding Validity
20:18:44 [Tim]
ack Cynthia
20:18:45 [Andi]
q+
20:19:14 [MichaelC]
q+ to say non-standard DTD doesn't solve problem
20:19:35 [Tim]
ack Andi
20:20:02 [MichaelC]
q-
20:20:27 [Gregg]
q+
20:20:29 [Tim]
ack Alex
20:21:41 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:21:57 [Tim]
ack Gregg
20:24:26 [Andi]
q+
20:25:39 [Tim]
ack Andi
20:28:01 [Tim]
Resolution: close as proposed
20:28:31 [Tim]
ACTION: All to submit relevant examples
20:29:07 [Tim]
Topic: LC-587
20:34:48 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
20:36:44 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:37:10 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:37:37 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:37:42 [rellero_]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
20:37:42 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:37:50 [rellero_]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:37:50 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:38:34 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:39:25 [Tim]
ack John
20:40:32 [Andi]
q+
20:40:40 [Tim]
ack Andi
20:41:59 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:42:33 [Tim]
ack John
20:42:45 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:45:07 [Tim]
ack Bruce
20:46:12 [Tim]
ack John
20:47:13 [Tim]
ack Cynthia
20:50:13 [Tim]
ack John
20:51:48 [Loretta]
q+
20:52:40 [Tim]
ack Loretta
20:58:20 [Gregg]
ack c
20:59:48 [Tim]
ack John
21:00:51 [Loretta]
q+
21:02:19 [Loretta]
Current test for the failures starts: "For all input elements of type text, file or password, for all textareas and for all select elements in the Web unit"
21:03:34 [Tim]
ack Loretta
21:07:46 [Tim]
Resolution: reintroduction of 4.1.3 fails
21:08:32 [Tim]
Resolution: add failure to 1.3.1: due to its association
21:10:40 [Tim]
previous resolution restated: add "failure to sc1.3.1 due to association of label and user interface control not being programmatically determinable"
21:12:35 [Tim]
Resolution: delete 1.3.1 failure related to issue 654
21:17:06 [Tim]
ACTION: Loretta to write advisory technique for 1.3.1 and 2.4.5 that reads:"provide labels for all user interface controls except xxx", and write response to 654 that says:"names required in 4.1.2 and labels are recommended in 1.3.1 and 2.4.5"
21:17:52 [Tim]
Topic: New Technique overcome by events
21:18:39 [Tim]
Topic: 4.1.1 and "parsed unambiguously"
21:26:24 [ben_]
"Content implemented using markup languages has elements with complete start and end tags, except as allowed by their specification, and are nested according to their specification."
21:26:24 [ben_]
21:26:24 [ben_]
Note 1: This includes start and end tags that are broken due to missing a critical character in their formation, such as a closing angle bracket or a mismatched attribute value quote.
21:30:53 [Tim]
Resolution: close 4.1.1 issues with proposal as amended
21:31:21 [Tim]
Topic: sc2.4.6 (taborder)
21:31:23 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:34:43 [Loretta]
q+
21:35:13 [Tim]
ack Loretta
21:41:00 [Tim]
ack JOhn
21:43:52 [Loretta]
q+
21:44:42 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
21:45:08 [Gregg]
q+
21:45:11 [Tim]
ack Loretta
21:47:08 [Tim]
ack Cynthia
21:47:17 [Tim]
ack Gregg
21:48:34 [Loretta]
When the sequence in which content is presented affects its meaning, a correct reading sequence can be programmatically determined and sequential navigation of interactive components is consistent with that sequence.
22:02:24 [Tim]
Resolution: make the proposed "a" the new 2.4.6 and use Loretta's language for new 1.3.3
22:03:02 [Tim]
ack John
22:03:45 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:04:47 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
22:05:37 [ben_]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
22:05:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_and_Ben, Bengt_Farre, Cooper, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cynthia_Shelly, Alex_Li, John_Slatin, Sean_Hayes,
22:05:40 [Zakim]
... Bruce_Bailey, Christophe_Strobbe
22:06:44 [ben_]
RRSAgent, pointer?
22:06:44 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-wai-wcag-irc#T22-06-44
22:07:57 [ben_]
Present: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Bengt_Farre, Michael_Cooper, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cynthia_Shelly, Alex_Li, John_Slatin, Sean_Hayes, Bruce_Bailey, Christophe_Strobbe, Don_Evans
22:10:22 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:10:24 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:10:25 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:10:26 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:10:26 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:10:28 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:10:29 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:10:30 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
22:10:32 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
22:10:33 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:10:34 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:10:35 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:10:40 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:10:40 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:10:41 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:10:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bruce_Bailey, Gregg_and_Ben, Cooper, Bengt_Farre, Roberto_Ellero, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Don_Evans, Christophe_Strobbe, Tim_Boland,
22:10:44 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cynthia_Shelly, Alex_Li, John_Slatin, Sean_Hayes
22:11:03 [shawn]
shawn has joined #wai-wcag
22:11:16 [ben_]
RRSAgent, bye
22:11:16 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:11:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: All to submit relevant examples [1]
22:11:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-wai-wcag-irc#T20-28-31
22:11:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to write advisory technique for 1.3.1 and 2.4.5 that reads:"provide labels for all user interface controls except xxx", and write response to 654 that says:"names required in 4.1.2 and labels are recommended in 1.3.1 and 2.4.5" [2]
22:11:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-wai-wcag-irc#T21-17-06
22:11:29 [ben_]
zakim, bye