IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-03-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:59:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
14:59:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/21-grddl-wg-irc
14:59:56 [rreck]
hello all
15:00:08 [HarryH]
zakim, this is grddl
15:00:10 [Zakim]
ok, HarryH; that matches SW_GRDDL()11:00AM
15:00:15 [HarryH]
Good to see you RReck.
15:00:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.216.445.aacc
15:00:44 [Zakim]
+DanC
15:00:47 [john-l]
Zakim, aacc is me
15:00:47 [Zakim]
+john-l; got it
15:01:09 [rreck]
zakim who is on the phone
15:01:17 [rreck]
zakim, who is on the phone
15:01:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', rreck
15:01:36 [john-l]
rreck: please state your question in the form of a question. ;-)
15:01:40 [rreck]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:01:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.703.956.aabb, +1.919.457.aaaa, john-l, DanC
15:01:46 [HarryH]
zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-age
15:01:46 [Zakim]
working on it, HarryH
15:01:48 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, HarryH
15:01:53 [Zakim]
+Chimezie_Ogbuji
15:01:53 [rreck]
zakim, aabb is me
15:01:54 [Zakim]
+ +049238aadd
15:01:56 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
15:02:04 [FabienG]
zakim, aadd is FabienG
15:02:04 [Zakim]
+FabienG; got it
15:02:22 [HarryH]
HarryH has changed the topic to: GRDDL WG Meeting March 21 11:00 EST
15:02:35 [HarryH]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:02:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rreck, +1.919.457.aaaa, john-l, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG
15:02:48 [HarryH]
Zakim, +1.919.457.aaaa is HarryH
15:02:48 [Zakim]
+HarryH; got it
15:03:21 [HarryH]
Meeting: GRDDL Working Group
15:03:28 [HarryH]
Chair: HarryH
15:03:37 [HarryH]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:03:44 [HarryH]
Scribe: FabienG
15:03:54 [Zakim]
+ +0127368aaee
15:04:02 [jjc]
Zakim, aaee is me
15:04:02 [Zakim]
+jjc; got it
15:04:30 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to approve GRDDL WG Weekly -- 14 March 2007 as a true record
15:04:58 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Mar/att-0110/14-grddl-wg-minutes.html
15:05:33 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:05:34 [briansuda]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is briansuda
15:05:34 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
15:06:05 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: to approve GRDDL WG Weekly -- 14 March 2007 as a true recor
15:06:08 [FabienG]
Last minutes approved
15:06:21 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 28 March 11:00-0500. scribe volunteer?
15:06:24 [Simone]
Simone has joined #grddl-wg
15:06:34 [Zakim]
+Murray_Maloney
15:06:47 [HarryH]
jjc will be scribe for next meeting
15:06:57 [iand]
iand has joined #grddl-wg
15:06:58 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:06:58 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
15:07:16 [HarryH]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda.rdf
15:07:17 [Zakim]
working on it, HarryH
15:07:18 [Zakim]
agenda+ Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-03-21T11:00-0400
15:07:19 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
15:07:20 [Zakim]
agenda+ Patent Policy
15:07:21 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
15:07:22 [Zakim]
agenda+ Advocating
15:07:24 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
15:07:25 [Zakim]
agenda+ Primer Document: Last Call?
15:07:26 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
15:07:28 [Zakim]
agenda+ Use-Case Document: Going To Last Call?
15:07:30 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
15:07:33 [Zakim]
agenda+ Test Cases as Rec?
15:07:35 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
15:07:37 [Zakim]
agenda+ Library
15:07:39 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
15:07:41 [Zakim]
agenda+ Test-Cases nominated for approval
15:07:43 [Zakim]
agendum 8 added
15:07:45 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL Spec: Last Call
15:07:47 [Zakim]
agendum 9 added
15:07:51 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, HarryH
15:08:29 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:08:30 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-03-21T11:00-0400" taken up
15:08:36 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:08:36 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, HarryH
15:08:37 [DanC]
Regrets+ IanD
15:08:45 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:08:45 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, HarryH
15:08:47 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 2
15:08:47 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Patent Policy" taken up
15:09:06 [HarryH]
ACTION: [DONE] HarryH contact AC Reps directly about form if not filled out by next Tuesday.
15:09:27 [HarryH]
Rachael Yaeger, Ben Adida, and Samsung.
15:09:30 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:09:40 [Simone]
Zakim, IPcaller is Simone
15:09:40 [Zakim]
+Simone; got it
15:10:02 [FabienG]
harry: can we contact them by phone?
15:10:20 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:10:20 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-03-21T11:00-0400" taken up
15:10:23 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 3
15:10:23 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Advocating" taken up
15:10:37 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 1
15:10:37 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-03-21T11:00-0400, closed
15:10:38 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:10:40 [Zakim]
3. Advocating
15:11:17 [briansuda]
none at the moment
15:11:27 [HarryH]
BrianS? Feedback from microformat land on GRDDL?
15:11:34 [FabienG]
Harry: can we get more involvement from microformat comunnity?
15:12:34 [HarryH]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/CustomRdfDialects/GrddableMicroformats
15:12:43 [jjc]
q+
15:13:04 [FabienG]
DanC: one possibility is to rely on "LexTex" (???)
15:13:05 [FabienG]
scribe: pointer ?
15:13:14 [jjc]
^XTech^
15:13:20 [chimezie]
btw: Ed Dumhill *did* update the XTech schedule with the profiles
15:13:36 [chimezie]
it's just not well-formed XML =) (missing entity references)
15:13:43 [jjc]
http://2007.xtech.org/
15:14:04 [chimezie]
well-formed, but not *valid*, rather..
15:15:23 [FabienG]
jjc: isn't what we need sexy applications doing something GRDDL can do and microformats alone can't do?
15:16:42 [FabienG]
Chime: the Xtech page has a GRDDL profile but the missing entity references prevent me from parsing the site.
15:17:15 [HarryH]
It seems like pinging RyanKing's javascript Microformat generator would be a good idea
15:17:24 [DanC]
yeah... profile in the hCard creator... how about that, briansuda ?
15:17:30 [briansuda]
i can email him
15:17:36 [HarryH]
BrianS, cc me.
15:17:36 [Simone]
Harry: Like a GRDDL-o-matic
15:17:40 [briansuda]
http://microformats.org/code/?page_id=20
15:17:53 [briansuda]
those are the code generators
15:18:44 [HarryH]
Wordpress/Yahoo would be great if they used profile URIs
15:19:15 [HarryH]
ACTION: BrianS to contact RyanKing about adding GRDDL profile for hCal/hCard to Javascripot microformat generator.
15:19:18 [FabienG]
Harry: convincing Yahoo to add a GRDDL profile would be a victory.
15:19:33 [HarryH]
Ack - also add hReview.
15:20:02 [DanC]
. http://www.w3.org/Consortium/contact
15:20:17 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 4
15:20:17 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Primer Document: Last Call?" taken up
15:20:19 [DanC]
volunteer to write to web-human@w3.org re http://www.w3.org/Consortium/contact ?
15:20:26 [FabienG]
Murray: add microformat to W3C documents?
15:20:27 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 3
15:20:27 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Advocating" taken up
15:20:54 [DanC]
rather site-comments@w3.org
15:21:06 [briansuda]
briansuda can take that action
15:21:18 [FabienG]
DanC: I try to do it when I can (e.g. last WWW conf)
15:21:35 [HarryH]
ACTION: BrianS to add microformats+GRDDL Profile to http://www.w3.org/Consortium/contact and contact w3c.
15:21:40 [DanC]
s/WWW conf/W3C tech plenary/
15:22:27 [chimezie]
Semantic Tech Conference?
15:22:33 [DanC]
ooh... good idea, chimezie
15:22:43 [FabienG]
Murray: what about WWW2007?
15:22:45 [FabienG]
Harry: does anyone want to do the Calendar of WWW07?
15:22:50 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to contact WWW2007 over microformats+GRDDL for their calendar.
15:23:05 [HarryH]
ACTION: Chime to get Semantic Tech 2007 to use GRDDL+microformats for their calendar.
15:23:39 [briansuda]
another hCalendar-o-matic for quick conference schedule creation http://dmitry.baranovskiy.com/work/csc/
15:23:40 [DanC]
I see http://www.semantic-conference.com/ ... with images for the date/place: May 20-24 San Jose
15:23:44 [HarryH]
Zakim, open 4
15:23:44 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'open 4', HarryH
15:23:49 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 4
15:23:49 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Primer Document: Last Call?" taken up
15:24:02 [Zakim]
-briansuda
15:24:35 [FabienG]
Harry: all of our previous examples use SPARQL and RDF
15:24:40 [DanC]
(er... did I have an action to publish the primer? or was that use cases? I don't see any such action in the agenda. was it withdrawn on purpose?)
15:24:56 [FabienG]
Harry: there is a request to use OWL examples
15:25:02 [DanC]
Regrets+ DannyA
15:25:59 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 5
15:25:59 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Use-Case Document: Going To Last Call?" taken up
15:26:33 [chimezie]
OWL entailment example for the HL7 scenario: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Mar/0126.html
15:27:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:27:02 [briansuda]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is briansuda
15:27:04 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
15:28:37 [chimezie]
jjc: we seemed to have lost you
15:28:41 [FabienG]
JJC: publishing as a note does not preclude us from publishing again after
15:28:46 [jjc]
i can hear
15:28:46 [HarryH]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:28:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rreck, HarryH, john-l, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG, jjc, Murray_Maloney, Simone, briansuda
15:28:57 [jjc]
i'll redial
15:29:16 [HarryH]
PROPSAL: Publish Use-Case document as W3C Note?
15:29:22 [rreck]
yes
15:29:28 [HarryH]
yes
15:29:28 [briansuda]
concur
15:29:29 [jjc]
yes
15:29:30 [Simone]
yes
15:29:40 [iand]
concur
15:29:44 [Zakim]
-jjc
15:29:57 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: Publish Use-Case document as W3C Note.
15:30:49 [Zakim]
+jjc
15:32:08 [FabienG]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm
15:32:53 [FabienG]
ACTION: JJC, to review the primer.
15:33:31 [DanC]
so please s/This document is a Working Group Note/This document is [not yet] a Working Group Note/
15:33:34 [HarryH]
ACTION: FabienG to request W3C Webmaster to publish Use-Case document as W3C Note with any additional status text added.
15:34:04 [DanC]
maybe http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=wg-note-tr ....
15:34:49 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 5
15:34:49 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Use-Case Document: Going To Last Call?" taken up
15:34:51 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 6
15:34:51 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Test Cases as Rec?" taken up
15:35:31 [DanC]
I see 1.3 2007/03/19 13:24:45 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html
15:35:48 [FabienG]
Chime: putting it together for publication and DanC and JJC comments addressed.
15:37:02 [FabienG]
... : the current test repository should have life time behond the lifetime of WG
15:37:37 [FabienG]
JJC: anything going in a ZIP is ok, first working draft I d'ont care
15:38:21 [FabienG]
...: the editor should have adequate discretion on these issues
15:39:28 [FabienG]
DanC: only Harry can send a transition request.
15:39:29 [DanC]
1st public WD process: http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=fpwd-wd-tr
15:39:53 [FabienG]
Harry: just ping me when it's ready.
15:40:20 [jjc]
^these issues^test naming conventions^
15:40:27 [DanC]
try: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html,pubrules
15:41:49 [FabienG]
JJC: the 404 is not allowed unless it's an example.
15:42:15 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc to produce htaccess file for test-case
15:43:18 [FabienG]
JJC: getting the first working draft out really is the main issue.
15:43:39 [FabienG]
DanC: has anybody tried to make a table of results?
15:44:17 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to run EARL-> HTML table generator
15:44:19 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007JanMar/0043.html
15:45:57 [FabienG]
DanC: none of these actions are in the critical path.
15:46:04 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc to produce EARL for his implementation, and then sort out multiple test passing in his EARL.
15:47:15 [FabienG]
Harry: what about the null case ?
15:47:19 [DanC]
(currently there's no SPARQL in testft.py nor the earl->html thingy. jjc, if you want to introduce SPARQL, it might be most straightforward to switch from python to java altogether)
15:47:31 [HarryH]
ACTION [DONE]: Chime adding sentence to Test Case Doc specifying that local security policy must be set to none before running tests
15:47:41 [FabienG]
Chime: your policy should not prevent you from running the case.
15:47:45 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 8
15:47:45 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Test-Cases nominated for approval" taken up
15:47:48 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 7
15:47:48 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Library" taken up
15:48:14 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 6
15:48:14 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Test Cases as Rec?" taken up
15:48:20 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:48:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rreck, HarryH, john-l, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, FabienG, Murray_Maloney, Simone, briansuda, jjc
15:48:44 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc50/grddl-tests.html
15:48:50 [HarryH]
PROPOSAL: To publish test-case document as Working Draft? - http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc50/grddl-tests.html
15:48:54 [chimezie]
Revision 1.7
15:48:58 [DanC]
1.3 2007/03/19 13:24:4
15:49:16 [DanC]
never mind; I see Revision 1.7 2007/03/19 14:03:13
15:49:37 [DanC]
I'm happy to go with 1.7 + any edits agreed by chime+jjc
15:50:39 [FabienG]
JJC: the publication as a test case does not include the tests except in the ZIP
15:51:10 [rreck]
yes, looks good chimezie.
15:51:14 [briansuda]
concur
15:51:15 [jjc]
yes
15:51:22 [Simone]
concur
15:51:39 [FabienG]
ACTION: Chime to fix the relative URL problem
15:51:44 [DanC]
so RESOLVED
15:51:46 [HarryH]
APPROVED: To publish test-case document as Working Draft? - http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc50/grddl-tests.html once relative URIs are fixed
15:51:55 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 8
15:51:55 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Test-Cases nominated for approval" taken up
15:51:59 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 7
15:51:59 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Library" taken up
15:52:50 [DanC]
q+ to ask about .xsl on the end of the transform uris
15:53:25 [HarryH]
ack DanC
15:53:25 [Zakim]
DanC, you wanted to ask about .xsl on the end of the transform uris
15:53:32 [FabienG]
JJC: subProfile and glean mechanisms removed
15:54:10 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc to get write access to test directory
15:54:35 [HarryH]
ACTION: Edit library file to remove .xsls
15:54:36 [DanC]
no, not the test directory, the library directory (2003/g/)
15:54:45 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc to get write access to library directory
15:54:52 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc to get write access to test directory [WITHDRAWN]
15:54:58 [HarryH]
ack jjc
15:55:59 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 8
15:55:59 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Test-Cases nominated for approval" taken up
15:58:05 [Zakim]
-Murray_Maloney
16:01:06 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Mar/0064.html
16:01:19 [HarryH]
go to item 7
16:02:14 [Zakim]
-HarryH
16:02:21 [HarryH]
apologies last minute meeting...
16:02:33 [DanC]
a test: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3.html#grddlonrdf1
16:02:43 [DanC]
a test: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3#grddlonrdf1
16:03:50 [DanC]
1.1 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddlonrdf-output1.rdf
16:03:50 [chimezie]
grddlonrdf-output1.rdf
16:03:52 [HarryH]
ok will be able to participate via IRC
16:04:12 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to approve http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3#grddlonrdf1
16:07:37 [DanC]
JJC: the SHOULD in the spec only supports result 3, the merge
16:09:11 [DanC]
UNDO: we're not RESOLVED to http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3#grddlonrdf1
16:09:30 [HarryH]
?
16:09:38 [HarryH]
What SHOULD exactly?
16:09:39 [john-l]
Did we lose our scribe?
16:10:28 [DanC]
DanC: "An implementation only has to produce one of these three" connotes MUST, where the spec says SHOULD
16:11:20 [FabienG]
JJC: get the doc out and then review the wording
16:11:39 [HarryH]
I wrote that, am happy for "has to produce" to be changed to "should produce"
16:11:43 [DanC]
propose to adjourn
16:11:48 [DanC]
ADJOURN.
16:12:11 [DanC]
.......
16:12:14 [DanC]
visiting http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist1 ...
16:12:23 [Zakim]
-briansuda
16:12:38 [rreck]
gotta run, bye
16:12:43 [Zakim]
-Simone
16:12:44 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:13:03 [FabienG]
rrsagent, please set these logs world-visible
16:13:41 [FabienG]
rrsagent, please create the minutes
16:13:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/21-grddl-wg-minutes.html FabienG
16:14:41 [john-l]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests.html#normative
16:15:24 [john-l]
Is there any way I can also get CVS access?
16:15:47 [HarryH]
I think DanC can request w3c to give people CVS access.
16:16:05 [HarryH]
I'd definitely like to see you get CVS access.
16:17:01 [FabienG]
rrsagent, please publish the minutes
16:17:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/21-grddl-wg-minutes.html FabienG
16:21:18 [jjc]
action on jjc to copy card profile
16:21:22 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2002/01/P3Pv1
16:21:34 [chimezie]
in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc50/xmlWithGrddlAttribute.xml
16:21:40 [chimezie]
wrong base Uri there
16:38:27 [DanC]
sched: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/sched7
16:38:46 [Zakim]
-john-l
16:42:01 [Zakim]
-Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:42:03 [Zakim]
-DanC