IRC log of er on 2007-03-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:46:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
14:46:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/21-er-irc
14:46:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
14:47:05 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
14:47:05 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
14:47:12 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
14:47:17 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
14:47:24 [shadi]
regrets: Reinhard
14:47:55 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Mar/0084.html
14:48:12 [shadi]
agenda+ Changes to HTTP Vocabulary in RDF Editor's Draft
14:48:20 [shadi]
zakim, code?
14:48:20 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
14:56:21 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
14:59:20 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()11:00AM has now started
14:59:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.310.410.aaaa
14:59:49 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is really Shadi
14:59:49 [Zakim]
+Shadi; got it
15:01:07 [Zakim]
+ThomasT
15:01:34 [JohannesK]
Zakim, ThomasT is really JohannesK
15:01:34 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
15:01:59 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:02:27 [Zakim]
+Shadi
15:04:01 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
15:06:41 [shadi]
regrets: Reinhard, CarlosV
15:06:50 [shadi]
regrets: Reinhard, CarlosV, David
15:07:31 [Zakim]
+abel
15:07:58 [CarlosI]
zakim, abel is really CarlosI
15:07:58 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
15:08:37 [CarlosI]
scribe: CarlosI
15:09:38 [CarlosI]
SAZ: several comments about HTTP in RDF
15:09:49 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Mar/0082
15:10:10 [CarlosI]
SAZ: some quite important, so maybe we should put HTTP in RDF on hold
15:11:09 [CarlosI]
SAZ: try to decide which should we address before publication
15:12:07 [CarlosI]
SAZ: proposal to add text at section 1 to clarify the scope of the vocabulary
15:13:27 [CarlosI]
CI: could help people to focus comments on scope
15:13:55 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: add clarification of the vocabulary scope at section 1
15:16:26 [CarlosI]
SAZ: pospone discussion about timestamps
15:16:31 [CarlosI]
JK: agree
15:16:35 [CarlosI]
CI: +1
15:16:55 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: pospone discussion about timestamps
15:19:24 [CarlosI]
SAZ: add some kind of blurb about the conventions for values normalization?
15:20:45 [CarlosI]
CI: useful, but could wait
15:22:17 [JohannesK]
yep
15:22:28 [CarlosI]
SAZ: no clear idea right now about how it should like
15:24:00 [CarlosI]
SAZ: jump to #4 for the moment, decide on # later
15:24:47 [CarlosI]
SAZ: #4 is something that is not a core feature of the vocabulary
15:25:17 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: pospone discussion about http:transcript
15:28:22 [CarlosI]
SAZ: #5 feedback requesting unified mechanism to access properties, right now we have differences between named properties and unknow properties
15:30:25 [CarlosI]
SAZ: implies a substantial change on the model
15:32:03 [CarlosI]
SAZ: the change provide more benefits than problems
15:32:15 [CarlosI]
SAZ: don't see any negative impact
15:32:52 [CarlosI]
JK: message header with two properties: name and values
15:33:23 [CarlosI]
JK: with the new approach the name is no necessary any more
15:34:45 [CarlosI]
JK: you have to create a new class or subclass for unknow properties
15:34:52 [CarlosI]
SAZ: don't think so
15:35:20 [JohannesK]
e.g. foo:X-Fun owl:subClassOf http:MessageHeader
15:38:50 [CarlosI]
SAZ: the field name should be fixed
15:39:04 [CarlosI]
JK: how to model a fixed field name?
15:40:32 [CarlosI]
SAZ: are you saying it's not possible?
15:41:41 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we need to wait for alternatives
15:44:20 [JohannesK]
JK: proposal is ...
15:44:46 [JohannesK]
JK: http:header -> http:MessageHeader
15:45:13 [JohannesK]
JK: http:MessageHeader http:fieldName http-h:accept
15:45:32 [JohannesK]
JK: http:MessageHeader http:fieldValue "text/html"
15:47:43 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: change the name properties of header to resource values using the owl:oneOf approach
15:47:44 [JohannesK]
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Mar/0071.html>
15:50:54 [JohannesK]
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Mar/0086.html>
15:52:31 [CarlosI]
ACTION: JK to take his proposal about owl:oneOf to the mailing list for further discussion and refinement
15:53:12 [CarlosI]
JK has just done his action
15:53:31 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
15:54:09 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
15:54:43 [JohannesK]
JK: fieldName can have Literal or (collection of) HeaderElement
15:55:25 [JohannesK]
JK: HeaderElement has properties elementName (required), elementValue (optional), several param
15:55:52 [JohannesK]
s/fieldName/fieldValue
15:56:26 [JohannesK]
JK: Param has properties paramName and paramValue
15:57:19 [JohannesK]
elementName is Literal, elementValue is Literal, param should be Param
15:58:03 [shadi]
header = [ element ] *( "," [ element ] )
15:58:03 [shadi]
element = name [ "=" [ value ] ] *( ";" [ param ] )
15:58:03 [shadi]
param = name [ "=" [ value ]
15:58:52 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: adopt the Jakarta method for header element values
15:59:37 [CarlosI]
SAZ: clarification of what XML mean in the algorithm
15:59:59 [CarlosI]
SAZ: already disscused but not transmited
16:00:19 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: refine description of the algorithm
16:00:39 [CarlosI]
SAZ: right now fixed list of response codes
16:01:24 [CarlosI]
SAZ: response code class right now is oneOf a fixed list
16:01:42 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we can add another oneOf thing for generic responses
16:02:28 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: provide mechanism for extensible response code
16:03:28 [CarlosI]
SAZ: if we have a sequence of request we may want to record them as they came
16:03:54 [CarlosI]
JK: a Collection is ordered
16:04:36 [CarlosI]
SAZ: in that case it's a simple fix
16:05:16 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: describe the sequence of request in the Conection class
16:05:34 [CarlosI]
SAZ: back to #3
16:06:25 [CarlosI]
SAZ: proposal to try to address it editorially
16:07:22 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: (editors) add blurb on normalization conventions
16:09:15 [CarlosI]
SAZ: could you incorporate changes?
16:09:31 [CarlosI]
JK: yes
16:10:03 [Zakim]
-JohannesK
16:10:05 [Zakim]
-Shadi
16:10:09 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
16:10:11 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()11:00AM has ended
16:10:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.310.410.aaaa, Shadi, JohannesK, CarlosI
16:10:33 [shadi]
zakim, bye
16:10:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
16:10:40 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
16:10:45 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:10:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/21-er-minutes.html shadi
16:10:46 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
16:10:53 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
16:10:53 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/21-er-actions.rdf :
16:10:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JK to take his proposal about owl:oneOf to the mailing list for further discussion and refinement [1]
16:10:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/21-er-irc#T15-52-31