IRC log of databinding on 2007-03-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:56:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
13:56:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/20-databinding-irc
13:56:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:56:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #databinding
13:56:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
13:56:33 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
13:56:34 [trackbot]
Date: 20 March 2007
13:59:46 [gcowe]
gcowe has joined #databinding
14:00:31 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
14:00:32 [pauld]
scribe: pauld
14:00:35 [pauld]
chair: pauld
14:00:41 [Zakim]
+George_Cowe
14:00:44 [pauld]
zakim, code?
14:00:45 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), pauld
14:01:11 [Zakim]
+Paul_Downey
14:01:13 [Zakim]
-George_Cowe
14:01:17 [Zakim]
+George_Cowe
14:01:32 [Zakim]
+Yves
14:04:36 [pauld]
Topic: barf dancing
14:04:50 [pauld]
lots of stuff being chopped out
14:05:27 [Zakim]
+ +44.141.220.aaaa
14:07:31 [pauld]
yves: can we distinguish between examples we exclude beacuse of barf dancing and those we exclude because of broken examples
14:07:46 [pauld]
yves: we also have some broken examples
14:08:52 [pauld]
pauld: please make sure you don't commit broken instance documents!
14:09:00 [pauld]
yves: need reviewing
14:09:17 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/examples/6/09/
14:10:30 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/examples/6/09/DateSimpleTypePattern/#DateSimpleTypePattern02
14:10:34 [Yves]
this one is easy to fix
14:11:49 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/examples/6/09/AttributeReference/AttributeReference-AttributeReference01.xml
14:11:56 [pauld]
ACTION: gcowe to review and fix instance documents which fail validation
14:11:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-121 - Review and fix instance documents which fail validation [on George Cowe - due 2007-03-27].
14:12:56 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/examples/6/09/AttributeReference/
14:14:39 [pauld]
pauld: not clever to make attribute names "telno" we should make it "integerAttribute" or some such to avoid semantics
14:14:51 [pauld]
yves: looks like a toolkit problem after all
14:14:59 [pauld]
yves: we need to do a re-run
14:15:41 [pauld]
pauld: wondering if a realisic time frame is ahead of the F2F
14:16:29 [pauld]
Topic: administrivia
14:16:55 [pauld]
approval of minutes
14:17:53 [pauld]
next F2F 18-20th April, will send out logistics
14:19:47 [pauld]
planning for Wed-Thurs to be testing, Friday to be processing issues and the documents
14:22:40 [pauld]
pauld: please look to the Action Items list
14:24:00 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-2: test suite
14:24:32 [pauld]
yves: having to do lots of caching,
14:24:43 [pauld]
yves: needs more cosmetics
14:24:58 [pauld]
pauld: main concern is the accuracy
14:25:23 [pauld]
yves: we have tests marked as failed, need to be sure it's not my comparison
14:25:46 [pauld]
gcowe: on the failures - are you deciding by looking at the HTTP response, body?
14:26:00 [pauld]
yves: just comparing SOAP envelope
14:28:18 [pauld]
pauld: the perl captures the HTTP headers for extra info, but a standalone Java command would be ideal
14:28:29 [pauld]
gcowe: working on such a thing
14:30:22 [pauld]
pauld: each toolkit has a http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/edcopy/toolkits/php5_php_5.2.0/toolkit.xml
14:32:16 [pauld]
pauld: contains per-toolkit info for the report
14:33:51 [pauld]
pauld: the excludes, some are because of the examples are broken
14:34:19 [pauld]
gcowe: I'd like to test just basic or advanced patterns
14:35:17 [pauld]
yves: i've managed to do this in dashboard.java
14:37:39 [pauld]
gcowe: spent too much time on the barf dancing, excluding tests, now working on building the output.xml file
14:37:59 [pauld]
pauld: would like to wrap this up as a zip file so others can supply tests
14:38:11 [pauld]
yves: edit the makefile to add a new test report
14:38:51 [pauld]
pauld: have a couple of tests up my sleeve from non-java kits
14:39:17 [pauld]
pauld: thanks for all your hard work, I need to catch up with it
14:39:40 [pauld]
agenda+ ISSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema
14:39:53 [pauld]
s/agenda+/Topic:/
14:40:04 [pauld]
pauld: nothing to report here, sorry
14:41:33 [pauld]
.. interesting news from IBM: http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/purexml
14:41:51 [pauld]
.. looks like work around the databinding for DB2
14:42:09 [pauld]
.. does anyone have DB2 experience/expertise?
14:42:26 [pauld]
gcowe: have some experience, but not using it currently
14:43:20 [pauld]
pauld: haven't quite understood it, yet, looks interesting for us
14:45:22 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-103 - Cyclic References
14:45:42 [pauld]
jonc: wondering about raising more complex issues
14:45:52 [pauld]
.. around this issue
14:46:17 [pauld]
jonc: has some Java to test this, should we be looking to reuse this - as a post-processing step?
14:46:27 [pauld]
.. views anyone?
14:46:39 [pauld]
gcowe: haven't looked at the java code you sent
14:47:22 [pauld]
jonc: same issue applies to extension and element reference
14:51:10 [pauld]
pauld: valid issue, rasied at the original workshop, but how do we test it, do we need Java?
14:52:02 [pauld]
jonc: we could add this to the Java command which tests a schema
14:52:59 [pauld]
pauld: other tests we could add for assertions, eg. UTF-8
14:53:43 [pauld]
pauld: is this a pattern or an assertion?
14:54:08 [pauld]
jonc: I'd like to see this tested for as it's easily added almost by accident
14:54:45 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/edcopy/basic/basic.html#assertionsummary
14:55:44 [pauld]
pauld: note Philippe also added a useful appendix on the schema types and elements used within Basic and Advanced patterns
14:57:47 [pauld]
jonc: could be useful to cite the other examples
14:58:22 [pauld]
pauld: think we could write something generically around the component model
14:58:58 [pauld]
.. suggest adding the same constraint to the other examples
14:59:07 [pauld]
pauld: is this for Basic or Advanced?
14:59:35 [pauld]
jonc: pathalogically cyclic dependencies shouldn't be Basic
14:59:58 [pauld]
.. e.g mandatory links
15:00:10 [pauld]
.. with minOccurs="1"
15:04:42 [Zakim]
- +44.141.220.aaaa
15:04:44 [Zakim]
-George_Cowe
15:04:46 [Zakim]
-Yves
15:04:47 [Zakim]
-Paul_Downey
15:04:48 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
15:04:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were George_Cowe, Paul_Downey, Yves, +44.141.220.aaaa
15:04:59 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:04:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/20-databinding-minutes.html pauld
15:05:11 [pauld]
rrsagent, make minutes public
15:05:11 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', pauld. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:05:17 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs public