IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-03-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:03:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
15:03:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/14-grddl-wg-irc
15:03:59 [HarryH]
zakim, this is grddl
15:03:59 [Zakim]
HarryH, this was already SW_GRDDL()11:00AM
15:04:00 [Zakim]
ok, HarryH; that matches SW_GRDDL()11:00AM
15:04:02 [jjc]
jjc has joined #grddl-wg
15:04:07 [HarryH]
Meeting: GRDDL Working Group
15:04:21 [HarryH]
Chair: HarryH
15:04:26 [HarryH]
Scribe: Chime
15:04:34 [HarryH]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:04:41 [HarryH]
zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:04:41 [Zakim]
working on it, HarryH
15:04:47 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:04:49 [briansuda]
Zakim, +IPcaller is briansuda
15:04:49 [Zakim]
sorry, briansuda, I do not recognize a party named '+IPcaller'
15:04:51 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, HarryH
15:04:53 [Zakim]
+??P21
15:04:59 [briansuda]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is briansuda
15:04:59 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
15:05:03 [jjc]
Zakim, ??P21 is me
15:05:03 [Zakim]
+jjc; got it
15:05:17 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:05:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see FabienG, john-l, rreck, HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, briansuda, jjc
15:06:19 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:06:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see FabienG, john-l, rreck, HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, briansuda, jjc
15:06:42 [HarryH]
regets: Simone
15:06:56 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to approve GRDDL WG Weekly -- 7 March 2007 as a true record
15:07:05 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/28-grddl-wg-minutes.html
15:07:37 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: GRDDL WG Weekly -- 7 March 2007 as a true record
15:07:44 [jjc]
regrets: DanC
15:07:51 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 21 March 11:00-0500. scribe volunteer?
15:08:07 [HarryH]
Scribe for next meeting: Fabien
15:08:13 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:08:13 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-03-07T11:00-0500" taken up
15:08:17 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:08:17 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, HarryH
15:08:22 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:08:22 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, HarryH
15:08:27 [HarryH]
I know...
15:08:30 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:08:30 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, HarryH
15:08:33 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 2
15:08:33 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Patent Policy" taken up
15:09:41 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH contact AC Reps directly about form if not filled out by next Tuesday.
15:10:42 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 3
15:10:42 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Advocating" taken up
15:11:33 [HarryH]
Why aren't there more comments on the spec?
15:11:49 [chimezie]
It covers alot of ground
15:11:53 [chimezie]
a *bit* intimidating..
15:11:58 [jjc]
LC comments come on the last day!
15:12:00 [rreck]
i concur
15:12:14 [HarryH]
I assume we're getting lots of implementers..
15:12:25 [HarryH]
Which is the audience of the spec.
15:12:33 [HarryH]
And they have been following since working draft.
15:12:46 [HarryH]
However, it would be good to do better outreach to the microformat community?
15:12:56 [chimezie]
is everyone on irc on the phone?
15:13:06 [john-l]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:13:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see FabienG, john-l, rreck, HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, briansuda, jjc
15:13:48 [chimezie]
does the primer cover some of that advocacy?
15:14:08 [jjc]
As long as we are happy that there are implementers, and that they are reading the spec
15:14:16 [jjc]
then everything is OK for this one
15:14:22 [jjc]
Primer audience may be wider
15:14:40 [jjc]
Last Call comments are made by unhappy people
15:14:46 [Zakim]
-HarryH
15:14:47 [chimezie]
yes...
15:15:20 [HarryH]
OK, then maybe save big push on GRDDL for deployment till we get primer a bit more well sorted...
15:15:22 [jjc]
which WG have we asked to review?
15:15:46 [chimezie]
im not sure if we've asked any for review specifically
15:15:48 [HarryH]
Quite a few informally, almost none formally.
15:15:57 [jjc]
XSLT?
15:16:00 [Zakim]
+HarryH
15:16:09 [chimezie]
but we have liason with SADDLE & XProc
15:16:09 [HarryH]
Actually, we haven't asked XSLT
15:16:15 [HarryH]
We asked XProc and Xquery
15:17:42 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 3
15:17:42 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Advocating" taken up
15:17:47 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 4
15:17:47 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Primer Document: Last Call?" taken up
15:18:44 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 5
15:18:44 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Use-Case Document: Going To Last Call?" taken up
15:19:20 [chimezie]
jjc: what was decition about Primer going to rec track
15:19:38 [chimezie]
HarryH: there seemed to be more votes to take it rec track, but editor has been unavailable
15:20:50 [chimezie]
jjc: release a LC WD to quickly cycle up to LC if thats what we have in mind for the Primer
15:21:44 [HarryH]
good plan of action to myself
15:21:45 [chimezie]
jjc: wouldn't expect substantial LC comments for the primer
15:22:05 [HarryH]
we've had only syntactic comments before
15:22:29 [HarryH]
Zakim, oen item 6
15:22:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'oen item 6', HarryH
15:22:36 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 6
15:22:36 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Test Cases as Rec?" taken up
15:22:57 [chimezie]
HarryH: usecase editor is more available but response to questionaire suggests it *shouldn't* be taken to REC
15:23:12 [chimezie]
FabienG: posted a new version of the usecase document
15:23:37 [HarryH]
New version
15:23:56 [FabienG]
see http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm
15:25:11 [chimezie]
FabienG: doesn't believe it is in critical path
15:25:23 [chimezie]
FabienG: probably will play a role again for outreach
15:25:51 [chimezie]
jjc: one more round of WG review for a WG Note
15:25:53 [HarryH]
Reviewer volunteers?
15:26:18 [HarryH]
ACTION: Jeremy to review Use-case document
15:26:32 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 6
15:26:32 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Test Cases as Rec?" taken up
15:26:42 [HarryH]
Chime, you've posted a document?
15:27:12 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc50/grddl-tests.html
15:28:17 [chimezie]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Mar/0087.html
15:29:02 [chimezie]
jjc: critical to publish WD
15:29:14 [chimezie]
jjc: need to publish 2 copies to go to PR
15:29:39 [chimezie]
jjc: first WD is a placeholder
15:30:04 [chimezie]
jjc: bad manners to put out a single cycle WD -> PR
15:30:33 [HarryH]
How about give one more week to clean it up and then release as Working Draft?
15:30:53 [Zakim]
-HarryH
15:31:04 [HarryH]
And since I believe it's in critical path perhaps get another co-editor.
15:31:22 [Zakim]
+HarryH
15:31:49 [chimezie]
jjc: suggests publishing WD with an ACTION on editor to address outstanding commentary
15:34:18 [chimezie]
HarryH: RDF processors support turtle..
15:34:46 [chimezie]
jjc: we can put it in informative text..
15:36:13 [chimezie]
jjc: the main problem is where we make changes to normative sections of the specification..
15:37:27 [chimezie]
will going forward with leaving the test document as is close the door on addressing #output-format LC commentary?
15:40:07 [HarryH]
ACTION: Chime to address comments in test case doc and then release as WD
15:40:14 [chimezie]
jjc: clean up broken text, links, etc..
15:40:44 [jjc]
^text^test
15:40:54 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 8
15:40:56 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "tests for" taken up [from #issue-mt-ns]
15:41:07 [Zakim]
-HarryH
15:41:37 [Zakim]
+HarryH
15:42:00 [HarryH]
Chime - did we get EARL output?
15:42:52 [chimezie]
could the current test harness be used to get result Jena GRDDL reader impl?
15:43:48 [john-l]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Mar/0085.html
15:44:42 [HarryH]
Do we have any volunteers to fix the tests?
15:44:45 [chimezie]
jjc: need someone to fix broken tests..
15:45:12 [chimezie]
john-l's email shows how it is broken..
15:45:15 [HarryH]
ACTION: jeremy to fix broken tests
15:46:26 [chimezie]
jjc: clarify which tests were approved
15:48:11 [chimezie]
jjc: EARL output reports will steamline the process
15:49:33 [Zakim]
-HarryH
15:49:58 [HarryH]
This sounds like we can skip the rest of the test-related issues on the agenda.
15:50:20 [Zakim]
+HarryH
15:50:23 [chimezie]
jjc: suggesting we decide how we specify multiple test outputs *after* a first WD publication
15:51:19 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 11
15:51:19 [Zakim]
agendum 11. "GRDDL Spec: Last Call" taken up
15:51:51 [HarryH]
ACTION: to send out Jeremy's message in response to Eliotte Rusty Harold
15:52:45 [HarryH]
Chime: Suggestions for informative text and informative rules to address Stefano.
15:53:46 [HarryH]
If DanC disappears, we're not going to have co-editor for the spec?
15:54:48 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to ask DanC for permission to check edits in that get WG consensus if DanC is unavailable.
15:55:08 [HarryH]
Any final comments before adjourning meeting?
15:56:04 [HarryH]
Can we just put library transforms in test doc or primer?
15:56:52 [HarryH]
ACTION: Chime to put library transforms in Test Doc
15:57:04 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to make sure library transforms are linked from Primer.
15:58:00 [chimezie]
jjc: transformation libraries are both inefficient and (broken?) in some case..
15:59:44 [jjc]
jeremy to create library page
15:59:52 [jjc]
jeremy to suggest changes to library transforms
16:00:25 [HarryH]
ACTION: Jeremy tocreate a standalone library transform page and suggest changes to library transform
16:01:12 [Zakim]
-HarryH
16:01:29 [HarryH]
Are n3 rules helpful enough to put right next to normative text?
16:01:36 [chimezie]
I think so
16:01:39 [jjc]
no the
16:01:43 [jjc]
i don't think
16:01:55 [Zakim]
+HarryH
16:02:17 [HarryH]
I thought it might trip implementers up but it is informative.
16:02:39 [HarryH]
The decision in editor's hands.
16:02:40 [chimezie]
jjc: thinks they should have been moved to an appendix
16:03:07 [HarryH]
Meeting adjourned
16:03:16 [Zakim]
-john-l
16:03:17 [Zakim]
-briansuda
16:03:17 [Zakim]
-jjc
16:03:23 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:03:24 [Zakim]
-FabienG
16:03:38 [HarryH]
Chime?
16:03:52 [HarryH]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:03:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/14-grddl-wg-minutes.html HarryH
16:04:04 [chimezie]
#
16:04:11 [chimezie]
rssagent, make logs public
16:04:41 [chimezie]
rssagent, make logs world-visible
16:05:22 [chimezie]
rssagent, published minutes
16:06:08 [chimezie]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:06:30 [chimezie]
rrsagent, make logs world-visible
16:07:03 [chimezie]
rrsagent, publish minutes
16:07:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/14-grddl-wg-minutes.html chimezie
16:07:09 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/primer.html#hl7
16:07:59 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/CDA-sample.xml
16:08:04 [chimezie]
breaking up again
16:09:07 [HarryH]
i can add in xml transform to sample doc
16:10:02 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/problem-oriented-medical-record.owl
16:13:17 [HarryH]
http://purl.org/cpr/doc
16:15:19 [Zakim]
-HarryH
16:15:20 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
16:15:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were FabienG, john-l, +1.703.956.aabb, HarryH, rreck, Chimezie_Ogbuji, briansuda, jjc
16:16:27 [chimezie]
rrsagent make logs world-visible
16:18:21 [chimezie]
rrsagent publish minutes
16:21:27 [chimezie]
rrsagent generate minutes
16:21:46 [chimezie]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:21:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/14-grddl-wg-minutes.html chimezie
16:21:49 [jjc]
jjc has joined #grddl-wg