IRC log of mwts on 2007-03-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:35:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:35:22 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:35:30 [dom]
Meeting: Mobile Web Test Suites Working Group Teleconf
14:35:32 [dom]
Chair: Dom
14:35:51 [dom]
14:35:55 [dom]
Regrets: Till
14:36:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:36:07 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:36:11 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
14:36:11 [Zakim]
dom, Team_(tsdtf)13:34Z is already associated with an irc channel; use 'move TS to here' if you mean to reassociate the channel
14:36:18 [dom]
Zakim, this will be MW
14:36:18 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 24 minutes
14:55:40 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
14:58:07 [Allen]
Allen has joined #mwts
14:59:27 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
14:59:35 [Zakim]
15:01:19 [dom]
Zakim, code?
15:01:21 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:01:44 [Zakim]
15:02:28 [Zakim]
15:03:15 [dsilaev]
dsilaev has joined #mwts
15:04:38 [dom]
Scribe: Allen
15:05:42 [dom]
Topic: Mobile Web Test Suites survey and re-packaging
15:05:56 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to send a pointer to how his framework is used in XML Query test suite [recorded in]
15:06:23 [dom]
-> Carmelo's framework used in XML Query test suite
15:06:33 [Zakim]
15:06:35 [dom]
[DONE] ACTION: Carmelo to send a pointer to how his framework is used in XML Query test suite [recorded in]
15:06:47 [dom]
Zakim, ??P64 is Dmitri
15:06:48 [Zakim]
+Dmitri; got it
15:07:13 [dom]
[DONE] ACTION: Allen to explore the possibility to have a wrapper for the test suites [recorded in]
15:07:32 [dom]
-> Allen's notes on test harness
15:07:49 [dom]
[DONE] ACTION: Dom to work on prototype of test navigation/results recording based on Allen's proposal [recorded in]
15:08:00 [dom]
-> Dom's message about prototype harness
15:08:18 [Allen]
Dom sent the prototype harness last week
15:08:29 [Allen]
Got some feedback from Allen and Carmelo
15:08:47 [Allen]
The harness is a simple PHP script.
15:09:06 [Allen]
Added three button at the end of the page
15:09:30 [Allen]
Applied to CSS mobile test suite
15:09:48 [Allen]
Harness may interfere with the test.
15:10:11 [Allen]
Carmelo: how the harness find the test?
15:10:28 [Allen]
Dom: list of test is hard coded in the script
15:10:52 [Allen]
... list of test should be managed by web server in future
15:11:27 [Allen]
... results table not very readable
15:11:54 [dom]
-> Results table for CSS MP
15:12:51 [Allen]
Dom: hard to see results table on mobile phone
15:13:34 [Allen]
... would be good to have a link to the results table at the end of test execution
15:15:12 [dom]
-> Allen's comments on harness
15:18:00 [Allen]
dom: harness will get user agent from header
15:19:41 [Allen]
dom: results table gather results of all test runs from different agents
15:22:42 [Allen]
... no notion of single test run
15:24:07 [Allen]
dom: will have the way to filter result
15:24:29 [Allen]
... aggregate results are also interesting
15:25:49 [Allen]
Carmelo: results table will become large. Will be good to filter out results from other test runs.
15:26:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.975.aaaa
15:27:04 [Allen]
will be good to have a notion of test session
15:27:14 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look at implementing an id for test session
15:27:24 [dom]
Zakim, aaaa is Jenice
15:27:24 [Zakim]
+Jenice; got it
15:28:34 [Allen]
should have the ability to easily add/remove tests
15:29:41 [Allen]
dom: Harness already reads test from URI
15:33:07 [Allen]
dom: difficult to input annotation on the cell phone.
15:34:02 [Allen]
... will be good to go through the test suite on the desktop browser at the same time
15:35:02 [Allen]
need random access to the tests
15:35:09 [Allen]
dom: not difficult to do
15:35:26 [Allen]
Dmitri: what about the progress bar
15:35:41 [Allen]
dom: not difficult to do
15:36:14 [Allen]
Carmelo: is it possible to run only a few tests?
15:36:24 [Allen]
dom: possible with the notion of session
15:37:01 [dom]
-> Carmelo's comments on test harness
15:38:43 [Allen]
dom: anybody to help with harness development in PHP?
15:39:07 [Allen]
Carmelo: may help with meta data. not familiar with PHP.
15:39:49 [Allen]
dom: if interested, let me know. need to set up access.
15:40:09 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to request a CVS account for carmelo to access the test harness
15:41:10 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to send test harness code to mailing list
15:41:13 [Allen]
dmitri: Can dom send the scripts?
15:41:28 [Allen]
dom: will do.
15:42:29 [Carmelo]
Carmelo ---- Remember to put Harness on agenda for next week.
15:43:06 [dom]
[PENDING] ACTION: Dom to try and get in touch with user agent developers (OpenWave and Nokia) [recorded in]
15:43:06 [Allen]
Topic: looking for feedback from user agent developer
15:44:18 [Allen]
Nothing new at this time
15:45:07 [dom]
[DONE] ACTION: Carmelo to look into transforming the XML into javascript files for making them easier to run on mobile devices [recorded in]
15:45:25 [dom]
ACTION: Till to get feedback from his Opera colleagues on making the Javascript more usable on mobile devices [recorded in]
15:45:58 [dom]
-> DOM Test Suite made mobile friendly
15:47:53 [Allen]
dom: DOM test suite is not compatible with the harness.
15:48:25 [Allen]
... some work needed to make it friendly to the harness.
15:48:38 [Allen]
... need some feedback from Till
15:49:22 [Allen]
Topic: CSS test suite
15:49:30 [dom]
[DONE] ACTION: Carmelo to take a closer look at CSS for coverage [recorded in]
15:49:46 [dom]
-> Carmelo's analysis of CSS MP test suite coverage
15:50:30 [dom]
[PENDING] ACTION: Dom to ask for feedback on the mailing list about WCSS vs CSS MP Test Suite? [recorded in]
15:51:16 [Allen]
dom: chair of CSS working group sent offer of collaboration.
15:51:18 [dom]
-> Response from Bert Bos on collaborating on CSS MP Test Suite
15:51:48 [Allen]
dom: they are interested to get feedback, suggestion for problems in the test suite.
15:51:59 [Allen]
... but not enough resources to work on them
15:52:22 [Allen]
... encourage us to put more effort on it
15:52:58 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to get back to Bert on CSS MP collaboration
15:53:59 [Allen]
Dom: Discussion with Bert will help us determine which test suite we should focus on.
15:54:58 [Allen]
dom: Open testing framework for the Mobile Web survey is still running.
15:56:21 [Zakim]
15:56:22 [Zakim]
15:56:53 [dom]
-> Results of survey
15:57:11 [Zakim]
15:57:11 [Allen]
Allen has left #mwts
15:57:13 [Zakim]
15:57:18 [dom]
Zakim, list attendees
15:57:18 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Allen, dom, Carmelo, Dmitri, +1.301.975.aaaa, Jenice
15:57:21 [Zakim]
15:57:23 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:57:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were Allen, dom, Carmelo, Dmitri, +1.301.975.aaaa, Jenice
15:57:24 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:57:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom