IRC log of ws-desc on 2007-03-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:11:03 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-desc
15:11:03 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-ws-desc-irc
15:11:19 [TonyR]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:11:19 [Zakim]
sorry, TonyR, I don't know what conference this is
15:11:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, keith_, jkaputin, charlton, TonyR, Arthur
15:11:27 [TonyR]
zakim, this is wsdl
15:11:27 [Zakim]
ok, TonyR; that matches WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM
15:11:31 [TonyR]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:11:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Roland_Merrick, Ruchith_Fernando, ??P37
15:11:40 [TonyR]
zakim, ?? is me
15:11:40 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
15:15:27 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-desc
15:16:50 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-desc
15:18:44 [Zakim]
+[Canon]
15:19:24 [youenn]
youenn has joined #ws-desc
15:19:29 [youenn]
youenn has left #ws-desc
15:19:30 [youenn]
youenn has joined #ws-desc
15:21:00 [jkaputin_]
jkaputin_ has joined #ws-desc
15:29:44 [ARyman]
ARyman has joined #ws-desc
15:31:45 [Zakim]
-Roland_Merrick
15:31:46 [Zakim]
-TonyR
15:31:46 [Zakim]
-[Canon]
15:31:49 [Zakim]
-Ruchith_Fernando
15:31:50 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM has ended
15:31:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roland_Merrick, Jonathan, Ruchith_Fernando, TonyR, [Canon]
15:38:39 [TonyR]
zakim, this will be wsdwg
15:38:39 [Zakim]
ok, TonyR; I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 22 minutes
15:42:56 [Jonathan]
Jonathan has joined #ws-desc
15:43:08 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, where am I?
15:43:08 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-ws-desc-irc#T15-43-08
15:43:20 [Jonathan]
Not till after the calls.
15:43:27 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, set log world
15:43:43 [Jonathan]
OK.
15:43:50 [Jonathan]
anything to report?
15:54:03 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-desc
15:55:17 [plh]
plh has joined #ws-desc
15:55:54 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has now started
15:56:01 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:56:09 [TonyR]
zakim, ?? is me
15:56:09 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
15:58:35 [alewis]
alewis has joined #ws-desc
15:58:53 [Zakim]
+Charlton_Barreto
15:59:06 [TonyR]
wsdwg
15:59:15 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:59:35 [Zakim]
+alewis
16:00:05 [Jonathan]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Jonathan
16:00:05 [Zakim]
+Jonathan; got it
16:00:53 [Jonathan]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:00:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TonyR, Charlton_Barreto, Jonathan, alewis
16:01:01 [Zakim]
+Tom_Jordahl
16:01:18 [TomJ]
TomJ has joined #ws-desc
16:01:24 [JacekK]
JacekK has joined #ws-desc
16:01:33 [Zakim]
+??P46
16:01:48 [JacekK]
zakim, ??P46 is me
16:01:48 [Zakim]
+JacekK; got it
16:03:00 [Zakim]
+??P5
16:03:38 [jkaputin_]
jkaputin_ has joined #ws-desc
16:04:01 [Roberto]
Roberto has joined #ws-desc
16:04:07 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-desc
16:04:38 [Zakim]
-??P5
16:04:46 [Zakim]
+[IBMUK]
16:05:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.836.aaaa
16:06:19 [Zakim]
+??P31
16:06:26 [monica]
monica has joined #ws-desc
16:07:10 [TomJ]
Scribe: Tomj
16:07:51 [TomJ]
Topic: Approval of minutes
16:07:54 [Zakim]
+m2
16:08:00 [TomJ]
Minutes are approved with no comments
16:08:10 [TomJ]
Topic: Review of Action items
16:08:30 [Zakim]
+Roberto
16:08:31 [TomJ]
Jonathan reviews his completed actions
16:09:08 [TomJ]
Others are not in attendance
16:09:54 [TomJ]
Topic: CR issues
16:10:08 [TomJ]
Topic: Issue CR147: RFC: operation safety as semantic annotation?
16:10:16 [TomJ]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR147
16:10:49 [TomJ]
Jack: Tag wants this to be doable.
16:11:10 [TomJ]
... Tag does not have a preference on where the work is done, WSDL is fine
16:12:42 [TomJ]
Jack: Prefers that the extension be removed from WSDL
16:13:34 [Ram_Jeyaraman]
Ram_Jeyaraman has joined #ws-desc
16:13:40 [TomJ]
Tomj: Asks for clarification of issue
16:14:51 [Zakim]
+[Canon]
16:15:38 [TomJ]
Jack: SAWSDL seems like a better place to add the safety
16:15:38 [youenn]
youenn has joined #ws-desc
16:15:59 [TomJ]
Roberto: Does saWSDL have something we can use today?
16:16:10 [TomJ]
Jack: there are hooks available
16:16:47 [TomJ]
Jack: We would move WSDL 2.0 safety to saWSDL spec
16:17:17 [TomJ]
Jack: a more suitable group to handle
16:17:45 [TomJ]
TomJ: doesn't like the syntax, makes it more complex
16:18:09 [asir]
Tom, are you using the safety feature?
16:18:42 [TomJ]
No, I am not using it
16:19:08 [Roberto]
q+
16:19:14 [TomJ]
Jack: Explains to Tom how implementation might work
16:19:21 [Jonathan]
ack roberto
16:20:08 [TomJ]
Roberto: The default behavior in the HTTP binding is a good thing - REST people in particular might like it
16:20:32 [TomJ]
Jonathan: agrees that safety does help REST
16:21:40 [TomJ]
Jack: saWSDL would specify this in a cleaner way.
16:22:04 [TomJ]
Tomj: Does see a complelling reason to remove it from WSDL just because another spec could specify it
16:23:17 [TomJ]
Jonathan: saWSDL can use the WSDL2 safety attribute
16:23:44 [TomJ]
Janathan: Can we leave the status quo?
16:23:53 [TomJ]
Tony: Yes
16:23:59 [TomJ]
Jack; Does not object
16:24:04 [TomJ]
s/;/:/
16:24:22 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Any objects to closing CR 147 with no further action? NO
16:24:30 [TomJ]
RESOLVED: Close CR147 with no action
16:24:45 [TomJ]
Topic: Issue CR021: Re: WSDL describing Interface operation safety
16:24:52 [TomJ]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR021
16:25:19 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Feels we have fulfilled this action - tracked through CR
16:25:39 [alewis]
+1
16:25:41 [TomJ]
Janathan: Proposes we declare success on this
16:25:48 [TomJ]
various +1s
16:26:06 [TomJ]
RESOLVED: Close CR021
16:26:22 [TomJ]
ACTION: Jonathan report back to the TAG with status on safety
16:26:37 [TomJ]
Topic: Issue CR157: RE: LocationTemplate-1G test
16:26:45 [TomJ]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR157
16:27:58 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Any objections to adopting the editorial improvements in the issue? No
16:28:36 [TomJ]
Question 1: character encoding
16:29:50 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Proposal is to do nothing
16:30:14 [TomJ]
Tomj: Implicit assumption that characters the MAY be encoded can be encoded
16:31:06 [TomJ]
Question 2: Is this clear in the spec?
16:31:26 [TomJ]
Tony; Seems like a test suite problem its doing a dumb comparison not a smart one
16:32:59 [TomJ]
Discussion about the test suite and how it should behave
16:33:23 [TomJ]
Tony: believes nothing wrong with the spec.
16:35:18 [TomJ]
Youen: Its safer to say that you MUST encode characters
16:35:33 [TomJ]
s/Youen/Youenn/
16:37:13 [TomJ]
Youenn: should make encoding the default with a SHOULD
16:42:02 [Zakim]
-Charlton_Barreto
16:42:17 [TomJ]
Discussion about how and why to encode characters
16:45:07 [jkaputin_]
reserved = gen-delims / sub-delims
16:45:07 [jkaputin_]
gen-delims = ":" / "/" / "?" / "#" / "[" / "]" / "@"
16:45:07 [jkaputin_]
sub-delims = "!" / "$" / "&" / "'" / "(" / ")"
16:45:07 [jkaputin_]
/ "*" / "+" / "," / ";" / "="
16:49:22 [Jonathan]
The characters in the range: ALPHA | DIGIT | "-" | "." | "_" | "~"
16:49:23 [monica1]
monica1 has joined #ws-desc
16:49:25 [TomJ]
Proposal: Split the list and move everything after the ~ to a SHOULD section
16:49:46 [Jonathan]
"!" | "$" | "'" | "(" | ")" | "*" | "+" | "," | ";" | "=" | ":" | "@" | "?" | "/"
16:50:39 [TomJ]
No other comments?
16:50:58 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Any objects to adopting the proposal? NO
16:51:34 [TomJ]
RESOLVED: Split the character encoding table to address questions 2 in CR 157
16:51:56 [TomJ]
Question 3: Editorial improvements will be adopted
16:52:07 [TomJ]
Question 4: Is "&" a harmful character before the "?". If not, we should
16:52:07 [TomJ]
add it to the excluded list.
16:54:04 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Any object to adding "&" in to the list of SHOULD characters? NO
16:54:14 [TomJ]
Question 5: Are ";" and "=" harmful characters before the "?". If so, we
16:54:14 [TomJ]
should remove them from the excluded list.
16:55:57 [TomJ]
Any objections to doing nothing as they are already in the SHOULD list? NO
16:56:07 [Zakim]
-Jonathan
16:56:30 [Jonathan]
zakim, code?
16:56:30 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), Jonathan
16:57:19 [Jonathan]
telling me the code isn't valide.
16:59:32 [TomJ]
Topic: CR156: Query parameter separator value
16:59:39 [TomJ]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR156
16:59:53 [youenn]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Feb/0216.html
17:01:00 [Zakim]
+??P4
17:02:08 [TomJ]
Youenn: explains the issue
17:02:22 [TomJ]
Tony: Any comments? (chirp chirp of crickets...)
17:03:46 [TomJ]
Tony: Recommend that ; and & be added as as the seperated chars
17:04:30 [Jonathan]
[a-zA-Z0-9\-\._~!$&'\(\):@/\?\*\+,;]{1,1}
17:05:02 [TonyR]
RESOLUTION: accept Jonathan's proposal, as modified by Jacek, with the addition of a NOTE as requested by Youenn (NOTE: semicolon and ampersand most commonly accepted separators)
17:05:21 [Jonathan]
[&;a-zA-Z0-9\-\._~!$'\(\):@/\?\*\+,]{1,1}
17:05:41 [TonyR]
s/accept Jonathan's/accept to close CR156 Jonathan's/
17:06:08 [TomJ]
Topic: CR155: Proposal for Assertion InterfaceMessageReference-0042
17:06:27 [TomJ]
jonathan: proposes to put it in errata list
17:07:44 [TomJ]
Jack: Add errata before we ship?
17:08:16 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Yes, it doesn't affect the spec in a meaningful way
17:10:20 [TomJ]
RESOLVED: Put this issue on our errata list
17:13:21 [TomJ]
Topic: Document Status
17:13:32 [asir]
Jonathan, am wondering if you have to replace the & entity ref with a character reference
17:13:45 [TomJ]
Jonathan: working group needs to vote to PR
17:14:27 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Editorial status looks good
17:14:46 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Primer is ready
17:15:02 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Must build set of documents with new namespace
17:15:49 [TomJ]
... implementation status looks good, lots of green for interchange,
17:16:00 [TomJ]
... message level tests are about as green as they are going to get
17:16:49 [TomJ]
... shuold be good enough to proceed
17:18:00 [TomJ]
s/shuold/should/
17:18:36 [TomJ]
Jonanthan: Proposes to take a vote to go to PR contingent on the interop report being updated.
17:18:59 [alewis]
tibco +1
17:19:12 [TomJ]
s/Jonanthan/Jonathan/
17:20:00 [TomJ]
+1 to vote
17:21:04 [monica1]
wow!
17:21:11 [monica1]
:>)
17:21:11 [jkaputin_]
woo hoo (for Arthur)
17:21:37 [TomJ]
No objections to moving to PR
17:22:14 [TomJ]
Topic: SOAP 1.1 binding, RDF Maping and Additional MEPs
17:22:16 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz
17:22:33 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-desc
17:22:58 [TomJ]
Do we have permission to publish these three documents as working drafts?
17:23:25 [Jonathan]
RESOLUTION: Move Primer, Part 1 and Part 2 to PR.
17:25:46 [Zakim]
-??P4
17:25:49 [Marsh]
Marsh has joined #ws-desc
17:26:01 [jkaputin__]
jkaputin__ has joined #ws-desc
17:26:09 [Zakim]
+Jonathan
17:26:40 [TomJ]
No objections to publishing extra documents as working drafts at the same time as we do the PR?
17:26:45 [TomJ]
No objections
17:27:01 [monica1]
sigh
17:27:22 [TomJ]
Topic: future telcons
17:27:36 [TomJ]
implementors calls will be on demand
17:27:57 [TomJ]
Next weeks telcon is on, but will hopefully be canceled if no problems.
17:28:00 [TonyR]
No implementor's call next week
17:29:48 [TomJ]
discussion about how errata will be handled after WSDL goes away (June 2007).
17:30:14 [TomJ]
Jonathan: Idea of having a WS-core group that will handle issues for WSDL and other specs.
17:33:03 [TomJ]
Congratulations on Shipping the spec!!!
17:33:06 [Zakim]
-JacekK
17:33:10 [TomJ]
Topic: Finally done
17:33:20 [Zakim]
-m2
17:33:21 [Zakim]
-Jonathan
17:33:22 [TomJ]
almost 5 years of effort are complete
17:33:22 [Zakim]
-TonyR
17:33:22 [Zakim]
-??P31
17:33:23 [Zakim]
-[IBMUK]
17:33:24 [Zakim]
-alewis
17:33:25 [Zakim]
-[Canon]
17:33:27 [Zakim]
-Roberto
17:33:28 [Zakim]
-Tom_Jordahl
17:33:30 [Zakim]
-Gilbert_Pilz
17:33:33 [monica1]
congrats!
17:33:59 [Jonathan]
Jonathan has joined #ws-desc
17:34:07 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:34:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
17:34:28 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, set log world
17:35:13 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:35:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
17:35:27 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-desc
17:35:56 [Jonathan]
Meeting: WS Description WG telcon
17:35:59 [Jonathan]
Chair: Jonathan
17:36:12 [Jonathan]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:36:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-ws-desc-minutes.html Jonathan
17:36:28 [TomJ]
TomJ has left #ws-desc
17:38:30 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, asir, in WS_DescWG()11:00AM
17:38:33 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has ended
17:38:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were TonyR, Charlton_Barreto, alewis, Jonathan, Tom_Jordahl, JacekK, [IBMUK], +1.425.836.aaaa, asir, m2, Roberto, [Canon], Gilbert_Pilz
19:51:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-desc
21:01:35 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-desc