IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-03-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:54:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:54:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc
20:54:54 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
20:55:00 [MichaelC]
meeting: WAI WCAG
20:55:08 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:55:26 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:55:38 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JanMar/0126.html
20:55:55 [rellero_]
rellero_ has left #wai-wcag
20:56:30 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:01 [MichaelC]
regrets: Sofia_Celic, Sorcha_Moore
20:57:46 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:17 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:26 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:58:33 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:58:51 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:59:06 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:59:53 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:59:54 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
20:59:54 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:59:56 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:59:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:00:15 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller is Bengt_Farre
21:00:15 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:00:25 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
21:00:25 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
21:00:43 [Zakim]
+??P7
21:00:45 [ben]
zakim, ??P7 is Ben_Caldwell
21:00:45 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:01:02 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aaaa
21:01:20 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:01:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:01:41 [rellero_]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
21:01:41 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:01:51 [rellero_]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
21:01:51 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
21:02:35 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:02:58 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
21:03:13 [sean]
sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:34 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:51 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:15 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
21:06:47 [MichaelC]
topic: Announcements
21:06:53 [MichaelC]
scribe: Sean_Hayes
21:06:59 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: sean
21:07:33 [MichaelC]
topic: Editors survey from 22 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070222editorz/results>
21:08:17 [sean]
topic: LC1310
21:08:59 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:09:36 [sean]
topic:LC-708
21:17:42 [Loretta]
ack j
21:17:45 [sean]
resolution: accept 708 as amended (with change 'user accessible' to 'user controllable')
21:19:09 [sean]
action: david MacDonald to add information to HTM to describe what is meant by "user-controllable"
21:19:21 [sean]
topic: LC-721
21:19:50 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
21:21:07 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:21:37 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:23:36 [sean]
action: David_MacDonald to produce writeup for technique "describing the error and creating a mechanism that allows users to jump to them"
21:25:46 [sean]
leave 721 open pending David's action item
21:26:56 [sean]
topic: LC954
21:27:31 [David_MacDonald__]
David_MacDonald__ has joined #wai-wcag
21:28:09 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:28:33 [Loretta]
q+
21:34:05 [Christophe]
q+ to say that Unicode also has private use areas
21:34:42 [Loretta]
ack l
21:34:56 [Loretta]
ack c
21:34:56 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say that Unicode also has private use areas
21:34:57 [Gregg]
ack l
21:35:53 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:36:29 [sean]
action: Sean and Christophe to find formulation of electronic text that a user agent can look at and know what it is - pronounce it etc. based on Unicode
21:36:41 [sean]
leave LC-954 open
21:37:35 [sean]
topic: LC-1194
21:37:46 [sean]
unanimous consent
21:37:53 [sean]
topic: LC-1300
21:38:35 [sean]
unanimous consent with David's edit.
21:38:48 [sean]
topic: LC-1314
21:40:29 [Loretta]
q+
21:40:43 [sean]
topic: LC-1413
21:45:37 [Loretta]
q-
21:45:57 [David_MacDonald__]
zakim, who;s making noise?
21:45:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, David_MacDonald__.
21:46:06 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
21:46:37 [David_MacDonald__]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:46:49 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald__, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
21:47:32 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:47:37 [David_MacDonald__]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:47:50 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald__, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: David_MacDonald (25%), Gregg_Vanderheiden (62%), Tim_Boland (10%)
21:48:18 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:49:25 [ben]
ack John
21:50:56 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:52:07 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:54:34 [ben]
q+
21:54:41 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
21:55:20 [sean]
action: Gregg to think of a new example
21:55:45 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:56:13 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:58:26 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:59:02 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:59:52 [sean]
unanimous consent to close with David's and Christophe's edits.
22:00:14 [sean]
Christophe edit is "abbreviated form made from the initial letters or parts of other words (in a name or phrase) which may be pronounced as a word"
22:00:49 [sean]
unanimous consent to close LC-618, LC-1169, LC-1279, LC-526, LC-566, LC-615, LC-620, LC-633, LC-684, LC-1021, LC-1036, LC-1309, LC-1408, LC-868, LC-1022, LC-1059, LC-1258, LC-782
22:00:56 [MichaelC]
topic: Team C proposals for 01 March 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070301-teamc/results>
22:01:12 [sean]
topic: Team C proposals for 01 March 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070301-teamc/results>
22:01:17 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:01:23 [Loretta]
are you there, Gregg?
22:01:30 [bengt]
line dop
22:02:05 [Loretta]
Tim are you there?
22:02:34 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:03:33 [sean]
topic: LC-1133
22:04:14 [sean]
unanimous consent to close LC-1133 with adding "relative"
22:04:38 [sean]
topic: rewording of sc 1.1.1
22:04:54 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:05:32 [Loretta]
q+
22:05:38 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:06:28 [ben]
q-
22:07:38 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
22:07:48 [Gregg]
queue?
22:07:53 [Gregg]
ack l
22:08:13 [Gregg]
ack c
22:08:32 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:08:47 [Loretta]
zakim, who is making noise?
22:08:57 [Zakim]
Loretta, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Cynthia_Shelly (60%), David_MacDonald (4%), Gregg_Vanderheiden (29%), Tim_Boland (25%)
22:13:49 [Loretta]
q+
22:15:38 [David_MacDonald__]
q+
22:16:03 [Gregg]
ack l
22:18:39 [ben]
q+
22:18:59 [Gregg]
ack d
22:21:41 [Gregg]
ack j
22:22:55 [David_MacDonald__]
q+
22:23:21 [Gregg]
ack b
22:23:35 [David_MacDonald__]
ack d
22:23:35 [Gregg]
ack d
22:24:56 [sean]
resolution: refer back to team (Andi, David, Ben, Gregg, Cynthia) and re-survey
22:25:26 [sean]
action: (Andi, David, Ben, Gregg, Cynthia) to consider new wording
22:25:45 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:25:49 [sean]
topic: LC-587
22:26:16 [David_MacDonald__]
s/wording/wording for 1.1.1 (958)
22:26:27 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:29:35 [sean]
action: Ben and Gregg to write up Jim Thatchers proposed SC as new SC under 4.1.3
22:29:54 [sean]
remains open
22:30:06 [sean]
topic: LC-626
22:34:42 [Christophe]
zakim, who's being attacked by mosquitos?
22:34:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Christophe.
22:35:00 [sean]
resolution: Team C to write up as SC under 2.4
22:36:10 [sean]
topic: Sc 1.3.5
22:38:38 [sean]
resolution: Accept SC 1.3.5 to level 1
22:39:10 [sean]
topic: LC-946
22:39:57 [sean]
resolution: Accept 946 as amended
22:40:14 [sean]
topic: LC-1124
22:40:20 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:41:57 [sean]
resolution: Accept LC-1124 as amended (benefits for 3.1.1 and 3.1.2)
22:42:07 [sean]
topic: LC-1253
22:44:10 [sean]
resolution: Accept LC-1253 as amended. (Add guideline level advisory techniques)
22:44:22 [sean]
topic: LC-1255
22:44:49 [ben_]
ben_ has joined #wai-wcag
22:49:13 [sean]
resolution: Accept LC-1255 as amended (use Cynthia's language, add advisory technique to 'using clearest and simplest language appropriate to the content' to guideline and 3.1.5)
22:49:38 [sean]
michael can you paste the new topic
22:50:32 [sean]
topic: LC-1500
22:51:12 [sean]
resolution: Accepted as proposed
22:51:24 [sean]
topic: LC-933
22:52:32 [sean]
resolution: Accept LC-933 as amended.
22:52:50 [sean]
topic: LC-851
22:53:36 [sean]
resolution: Accept LC-851 as amended.
22:56:17 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:56:28 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:56:31 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:56:32 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:56:32 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:56:33 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
22:56:34 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:56:35 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:56:36 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:56:37 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
22:56:38 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
22:56:39 [sean]
sean has left #wai-wcag
22:56:50 [Makoto]
Makoto has left #wai-wcag
22:56:56 [ben_]
RRSAgent, pointer?
22:56:56 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc#T22-56-56
22:57:22 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:57:45 [ben_]
zakim, bye
22:57:45 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Makoto_Ueki, Cooper, Bengt_Farre, Ben_Caldwell, +7.971.aaaa, David_MacDonald,
22:57:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:57:48 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Ellero, Sean_Hayes, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Christophe_Strobbe, John_Slatin, Don_Evans, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly
22:58:11 [ben_]
zakim, bye
22:58:18 [ben_]
RRSAgent, bye
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: david MacDonald to add information to HTM to describe what is meant by "user-controllable" [1]
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc#T21-19-09
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David_MacDonald to produce writeup for technique "describing the error and creating a mechanism that allows users to jump to them" [2]
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc#T21-23-36
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean and Christophe to find formulation of electronic text that a user agent can look at and know what it is - pronounce it etc. based on Unicode [3]
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc#T21-36-29
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to think of a new example [4]
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc#T21-55-20
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: (Andi, David, Ben, Gregg, Cynthia) to consider new wording [5]
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc#T22-25-26
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben and Gregg to write up Jim Thatchers proposed SC as new SC under 4.1.3 [6]
22:58:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc#T22-29-35