IRC log of mmsem on 2007-03-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:51:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
16:51:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-irc
16:51:33 [raphael]
Topic: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 01-03-2007, 17:00 UTC
16:51:43 [raphael]
raphael has changed the topic to: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 01-03-2007, 17:00 UTC
16:52:21 [raphael]
zakim, which conferences
16:52:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'which conferences', raphael
16:52:31 [raphael]
zakim, list conferences
16:52:31 [Zakim]
I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM active
16:52:33 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
16:52:44 [raphael]
zakim, this will be INC_MMSEM
16:52:44 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
16:52:58 [raphael]
Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 01-03-2007, 17:00 UTC
16:53:13 [chalaschek]
chalaschek has joined #MMSEM
16:53:26 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Feb/0050.html
16:53:36 [raphael]
Chair: raphael
16:53:50 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:53:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
16:53:59 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:54:10 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:54:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
16:54:39 [raphael]
Regrets: George Anadiotis, Alessio, Pasquale, Sofia, Stamatia, Jeff Pan, Melli
16:54:50 [zeljko]
zeljko has joined #mmsem
16:55:08 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:55:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
16:56:03 [IoannisPratikakis]
IoannisPratikakis has joined #mmsem
16:57:18 [raphael]
Regrets+ Michael
16:57:55 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has now started
16:58:02 [Zakim]
+ +01210650aaaa
16:58:05 [Zakim]
+[CWI]
16:58:16 [chrisa]
chrisa has joined #mmsem
16:58:27 [raphael]
zakim, CWI is Raphael
16:58:27 [Zakim]
+Raphael; got it
16:58:43 [raphael]
zakim, +01210650 is Ioannis
16:58:43 [Zakim]
+Ioannis; got it
16:59:22 [Zakim]
+[UMD]
16:59:38 [Zakim]
+ +39.050.aabb
17:01:26 [Zakim]
+ +329331aacc
17:01:42 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #mmsem
17:01:43 [Zakim]
+??P9
17:01:43 [vassilis]
vassilis has joined #mmsem
17:02:27 [raphael]
zakim, UMC is chalaschek
17:02:27 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named 'UMC'
17:02:34 [ocelma]
ocelma has joined #mmsem
17:02:43 [raphael]
zakim, +39.050 is Suzanne Little
17:02:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+39.050 is Suzanne Little', raphael
17:02:48 [raphael]
zakim, +39050 is Suzanne Little
17:02:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+39050 is Suzanne Little', raphael
17:02:50 [chalaschek]
zakim, UMD is chalaschek
17:02:50 [Zakim]
+chalaschek; got it
17:02:59 [raphael]
zakim, +39.050.aabb is SuzanneLittle
17:03:00 [Zakim]
+SuzanneLittle; got it
17:03:07 [Zakim]
+ +31.20.592.aadd
17:03:17 [raphael]
zakim, P9 is SusanneBoll
17:03:17 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named 'P9'
17:03:22 [raphael]
zakim, +??P9 is SusanneBoll
17:03:22 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '+??P9'
17:03:27 [Zakim]
+ +49.681.302.aaee
17:03:29 [raphael]
zakim, ??P9 is SusanneBoll
17:03:29 [Zakim]
+SusanneBoll; got it
17:03:44 [susanne]
susanne has joined #mmsem
17:03:50 [raphael]
zakim, +49.681.302.aaee is PaulBuitelar
17:03:50 [Zakim]
+PaulBuitelar; got it
17:04:04 [raphael]
zakim, +329331aacc is Erik
17:04:04 [Zakim]
+Erik; got it
17:04:09 [paul]
paul has joined #mmsem
17:04:23 [raphael]
zakim, who is here
17:04:23 [Zakim]
raphael, you need to end that query with '?'
17:04:25 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
17:04:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ioannis, Raphael, chalaschek, SuzanneLittle, Erik, SusanneBoll, +31.20.592.aadd (muted), PaulBuitelar
17:04:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see paul, susanne, ocelma, vassilis, chrisa, IoannisPratikakis, zeljko, chalaschek, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:05:01 [raphael]
zakim, +31.20.592 is Zeljko
17:05:01 [Zakim]
+Zeljko; got it
17:05:19 [ThomasFranz]
ThomasFranz has joined #mmsem
17:05:22 [raphael]
vassilis, are you joining on the phone?
17:05:28 [gaetan_erik_chris]
gaetan_erik_chris has joined #mmsem
17:05:28 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise?
17:05:38 [Zakim]
+Thomas_Franz
17:05:40 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Erik (0%), Raphael (4%), SusanneBoll (15%), PaulBuitelar (52%)
17:05:53 [raphael]
zakim, mute PaulBuitelar
17:05:53 [Zakim]
PaulBuitelar should now be muted
17:06:24 [Zakim]
+??P11
17:06:48 [raphael]
zakim, +??P11 is OscarCelma
17:06:48 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named '+??P11'
17:06:53 [raphael]
zakim, ??P11 is OscarCelma
17:06:53 [Zakim]
+OscarCelma; got it
17:06:57 [raphael]
Scribe: Zeljko
17:07:01 [_ocelma_]
_ocelma_ has joined #mmsem
17:07:06 [raphael]
Scribenixk: zeljko
17:07:10 [raphael]
Scribenick: zeljko
17:07:15 [isti]
isti has joined #mmsem
17:07:30 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise?
17:07:32 [zeljko]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
17:07:40 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Raphael (20%), OscarCelma (33%)
17:07:50 [isti-cnr]
isti-cnr has joined #mmsem
17:07:50 [raphael]
zakim, mute OscarCelma
17:07:50 [Zakim]
OscarCelma should now be muted
17:08:18 [zeljko]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 15th February 2007 telecon:
17:08:19 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:08:19 [zeljko]
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html
17:09:02 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
17:09:04 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:09:35 [raphael]
Zakim, IPcaller is Vassilis
17:09:35 [Zakim]
+Vassilis; got it
17:09:49 [zeljko]
RESOLUTION: Minutes accepted
17:10:07 [zeljko]
Topic: 2. LINKS
17:10:16 [suzmax]
suzmax has joined #mmsem
17:10:45 [Zakim]
-Vassilis
17:10:56 [zeljko]
ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page [PENDING]
17:12:16 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
17:12:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ioannis, Raphael, chalaschek, SuzanneLittle, Erik, SusanneBoll, Zeljko (muted), PaulBuitelar (muted), Thomas_Franz, OscarCelma (muted)
17:12:19 [Zakim]
On IRC I see suzmax, _ocelma_, gaetan_erik_chris, ThomasFranz, paul, susanne, vassilis, chrisa, IoannisPratikakis, zeljko, chalaschek, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:12:29 [raphael]
zakim, unmute Zeljko
17:12:29 [Zakim]
Zeljko should no longer be muted
17:12:56 [raphael]
ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page [PENDING]
17:13:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:13:16 [raphael]
ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next telecon [DONE]
17:13:24 [vassilis]
zakim IPcaller is vassilis
17:13:27 [raphael]
zakim, IPcaller is vassilis
17:13:27 [Zakim]
+vassilis; got it
17:13:56 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:13:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:14:31 [raphael]
Present: Ioannis, Raphael, chalaschek, SuzanneLittle, Erik, SusanneBoll, Zeljko, PaulBuitelar, Thomas_Franz, Oscar
17:14:40 [Zakim]
-vassilis
17:15:01 [raphael]
ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to give feedback on how to improve the Tools Page
17:15:26 [zeljko]
Topic: 3. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable
17:15:59 [zeljko]
[PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the
17:16:00 [zeljko]
Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report)
17:16:02 [zeljko]
change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz)
17:16:16 [raphael]
zakim, unmute OscarCelma
17:16:16 [Zakim]
OscarCelma should no longer be muted
17:16:28 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
17:17:20 [zeljko]
Oscar: interoperability, links to music ontology. Work on mappings, updated Wiki with metadata.
17:18:37 [zeljko]
Oscar: Python Web service for mapping
17:19:10 [zeljko]
Oscar: sorting out problem with proxies and servers to make service available
17:19:39 [zeljko]
Raphael: iTunes to RDF converter?
17:21:34 [zeljko]
Raphael: Talk with Ivan Herman about this use case. Problem of current poor metadata, music ontology deals with more information
17:21:35 [Zakim]
+[IVML]
17:21:46 [raphael]
zakim, IVML is Vassilis
17:21:46 [Zakim]
+Vassilis; got it
17:21:56 [vassilis]
thnx raphael
17:22:09 [zeljko]
Raphael: Use case to illustrate richness of music ontology
17:22:18 [raphael]
ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [PENDING]
17:23:02 [raphael]
ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music (thanks to Ivan Herman)
17:23:04 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.4 News Use case
17:23:15 [raphael]
Topic: 4.3 News Use case (Chris)
17:23:34 [zeljko]
Chris: new telecon to discuss issues
17:24:00 [zeljko]
Raphael: offline interaction
17:24:27 [zeljko]
Oscar: wiki page updated with additional information, then feednack from the group
17:24:41 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik)
17:24:44 [raphael]
s/OScar/Chris
17:24:49 [raphael]
s/Oscar/Chris
17:25:38 [raphael]
ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable [PENDING]
17:26:07 [vassilis]
zakim, mute me
17:26:07 [Zakim]
Vassilis should now be muted
17:26:49 [raphael]
Susanne: need to investigate DIG35, is it a XML Schema or in RDF?
17:26:56 [raphael]
... it is a XML Schema
17:27:14 [raphael]
... XMP is a good base, it is in RDF
17:29:11 [zeljko]
Susanne: not sure if RDF is solution
17:30:31 [raphael]
ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop [DONE]
17:30:46 [zeljko]
Raphael: XMP, RDF but not controlled schema
17:31:03 [raphael]
ACTION: Erik to start a discussion on Photo UC on public list [DONE]
17:31:30 [zeljko]
Eric: do we be as small as possible or as broad as possible?
17:31:59 [zeljko]
Raphael: generality good idea but to be as much concrete as possible for particular use case
17:32:13 [raphael]
ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution [DONE]
17:32:34 [zeljko]
Eric: five different types of photo data
17:33:00 [zeljko]
Raphael: who is behind this standards, who use them
17:33:11 [zeljko]
Eric: consortium of 20 companies
17:33:27 [zeljko]
Raphael: who produce such metadata?
17:33:35 [suzmax]
http://www.i3a.org/i_dig35.html
17:34:19 [zeljko]
Raphael: worth to make convertion to RDF if these stanrads are used
17:34:30 [vassilis]
zakim. unmute me
17:34:37 [raphael]
s/stanrads/standards
17:34:51 [raphael]
zakim, unmute Vassilis
17:34:51 [Zakim]
Vassilis should no longer be muted
17:35:14 [zeljko]
Vassilis: what is the current format of this standard
17:35:49 [zeljko]
Susanne: XML Schema
17:36:59 [raphael]
ACTION: Erik to do the conversion from DIG35 to OWL/RDF
17:38:10 [zeljko]
Susanne: discussion about further steps in this use case
17:38:42 [zeljko]
Raphael: integrations of various vocabularies
17:39:02 [zeljko]
... give examples of these problems in the use case
17:39:07 [suzmax]
q+
17:39:34 [suzmax]
http://www.i3a.org/pdf/resource_order_form.pdf
17:39:44 [raphael]
zakim, ack suzmax
17:39:44 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
17:39:57 [raphael]
PB: DIG35 is not free!
17:40:53 [zeljko]
Raphael: licencing problems of convertion
17:40:58 [raphael]
ACTION: Erik to contact DIG35 to see any licensing problems if we do some conversions
17:42:06 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
17:42:18 [zeljko]
Thomas: nothing new to report
17:42:43 [zeljko]
Thomas: wiki page and description quite OK
17:43:04 [zeljko]
... started software development project, but it will procede slowely
17:43:25 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia,
17:43:27 [zeljko]
Ovidio)
17:43:47 [zeljko]
ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till
17:43:48 [zeljko]
next AC [PENDING}
17:44:00 [zeljko]
ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps [PENDING]
17:44:47 [zeljko]
Vassilis: sending review tomorrow
17:45:00 [zeljko]
Topic: 4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis)
17:45:20 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:45:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:45:37 [zeljko]
Ioannis: collaborative outcame
17:45:55 [zeljko]
New name: semantic media analysis for information retrieval
17:46:34 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise
17:46:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is making noise', raphael
17:46:38 [zeljko]
Ioannis: multimodality case: example about audio-visual combination about violence
17:46:39 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise?
17:46:50 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: OscarCelma (5%), Thomas_Franz (15%), Vassilis (18%)
17:47:05 [zeljko]
Ioannis: question - combination of usecases
17:47:14 [zeljko]
... better to keep it as it is now
17:47:25 [raphael]
... algorithm and semantic multimedia retrieval are complementary
17:48:02 [zeljko]
Ioannis: good to have a review
17:48:45 [raphael]
ACTION: Susanne Little to review the Multimedia Retrieval use case by 08/03/2007
17:49:03 [raphael]
ACTION: Vassilis to review the Multimedia Retrieval use case by 08/03/2007
17:49:30 [susanne]
susanne has joined #mmsem
17:49:54 [zeljko]
Topic: 5. MPEG-7 Deliverable
17:50:03 [raphael]
4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: [DONE]
17:50:16 [raphael]
ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Oscar [DONE]
17:50:31 [raphael]
ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Suzanne Little [DONE]
17:50:48 [raphael]
ACTION: To invite Chrisa as invited expert [DONE]
17:50:54 [zeljko]
ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have
17:50:55 [zeljko]
MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [PENDING]
17:51:34 [zeljko]
Raphael: comparison, and harmonization od descriptions
17:51:42 [raphael]
ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [PENDING]
17:51:45 [zeljko]
Topic: 6. Future of the Multimedia Semantics XG
17:52:14 [zeljko]
Raphael: discussed in last telecon, meeting with Ivan Herman today
17:52:25 [zeljko]
... W3C has problems with task members
17:52:46 [zeljko]
... increase number of working groups, stop to make working groups
17:53:25 [zeljko]
Raphael: working groups tend to think that best practices working groups are not a good idea
17:53:39 [zeljko]
... Ivane: another XG good idea
17:54:00 [raphael]
... IG is also a good idea
17:54:04 [zeljko]
... another possibility: interested group, much lighter charter, do not have to produce documents
17:55:06 [raphael]
... but it can and the documents are endorsed by W3C
17:55:40 [zeljko]
Vassilis: if we have the change to procede to a working group, it is better for getting industrial partners
17:55:40 [raphael]
Vassilis: if we have a chance to proceed to a WG, it would be better to have industrial partners
17:55:47 [raphael]
... even though about the IPP issues
17:55:57 [raphael]
... since a WG has a much more impact
17:56:05 [raphael]
... and companies would be more interested
17:56:17 [raphael]
... they might think they loose their time in an XG
17:56:39 [raphael]
... and people would be more motivated
17:58:02 [zeljko]
Raphael: do you have in mind some companies: Adobe, Microsoft, Joost, HP...
17:59:23 [zeljko]
Susanne: should find to keep interest people in formal or informal way
18:00:15 [raphael]
Erik: agrees with Vassilis, better for impact to be in a WG
18:00:29 [zeljko]
Erik: the more impact we can have, the more we can ensure more staff
18:00:39 [zeljko]
Topic: 7. AOB
18:01:23 [Zakim]
-Vassilis
18:01:24 [Zakim]
-SusanneBoll
18:01:25 [Zakim]
-OscarCelma
18:01:25 [zeljko]
Raphael: XG will be closed in two months, worries about compliting all the documents
18:01:26 [Zakim]
-Thomas_Franz
18:01:27 [Zakim]
-PaulBuitelar
18:01:28 [Zakim]
-Raphael
18:01:28 [Zakim]
-chalaschek
18:01:29 [Zakim]
-Erik
18:01:30 [Zakim]
-SuzanneLittle
18:01:32 [Zakim]
-Ioannis
18:01:39 [suzmax]
bye Susanne and Massimo
18:01:41 [raphael]
s/compliting/completing
18:01:43 [suzmax]
suzmax has left #mmsem
18:01:47 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:01:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
18:02:54 [Zakim]
-Zeljko
18:02:55 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
18:02:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were +01210650aaaa, Raphael, Ioannis, chalaschek, SuzanneLittle, +31.20.592.aadd, SusanneBoll, PaulBuitelar, Erik, Zeljko, Thomas_Franz, OscarCelma, Vassilis
18:03:10 [chrisa]
chrisa has left #mmsem
19:51:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mmsem