IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-02-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:00:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
16:00:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/02/28-grddl-wg-irc
16:01:00 [HarryH]
HarryH has joined #grddl-wg
16:01:05 [DanC]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
16:01:05 [Zakim]
working on it, DanC
16:01:06 [Zakim]
agenda+ Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-02-28T11:00-0500
16:01:07 [Zakim]
agendum 12 added
16:01:11 [DanC]
oops
16:01:11 [john-l]
Zakim, HarryH is aaaa
16:01:11 [Zakim]
agenda+ Overview of Meeting
16:01:13 [Zakim]
agendum 13 added
16:01:16 [Zakim]
agenda+ [#issue-http-header-links]
16:01:19 [Zakim]
agendum 14 added
16:01:21 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL Spec: Last Call
16:01:23 [Zakim]
agendum 15 added
16:01:25 [Zakim]
agenda+ Primer Document: Last Call?
16:01:31 [Zakim]
agendum 16 added
16:01:37 [Zakim]
agenda+ Use-Case Document: Going To Last Call?
16:01:39 [Zakim]
agendum 17 added
16:01:41 [Zakim]
agenda+ Test Cases as Rec?
16:01:43 [Zakim]
agendum 18 added
16:01:45 [Zakim]
agenda+ Misc Test-Cases nominated for approval
16:01:47 [Zakim]
agendum 19 added
16:01:51 [Zakim]
agenda+ tests for [#issue-mt-ns]
16:01:53 [Zakim]
agendum 20 added
16:01:55 [Zakim]
agenda+ tests for [#issue-faithful-infoset]
16:01:57 [Zakim]
agendum 21 added
16:01:59 [Zakim]
agenda+ tests for [#issue-base-param]
16:02:03 [Zakim]
agendum 22 added
16:02:05 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, DanC
16:02:07 [Zakim]
sorry, john-l, I do not recognize a party named 'HarryH'
16:02:09 [DanC]
Zakim, clear agenda
16:02:13 [chimezie]
Zakim, +1.919.668.aaaa is HarryH
16:02:22 [DanC]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
16:02:23 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
16:02:25 [Zakim]
+HarryH; got it
16:02:29 [Zakim]
+DanC
16:02:31 [Zakim]
working on it, DanC
16:02:33 [Zakim]
agenda+ Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-02-28T11:00-0500
16:02:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
16:02:37 [Zakim]
agenda+ Overview of Meeting
16:02:39 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
16:02:41 [Zakim]
agenda+ [#issue-http-header-links]
16:02:43 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
16:02:45 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL Spec: Last Call
16:02:49 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
16:02:53 [Zakim]
agenda+ Primer Document: Last Call?
16:02:57 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
16:02:59 [Zakim]
agenda+ Use-Case Document: Going To Last Call?
16:03:01 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
16:03:03 [Zakim]
agenda+ Test Cases as Rec?
16:03:07 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
16:03:09 [Zakim]
agenda+ Misc Test-Cases nominated for approval
16:03:13 [Zakim]
agendum 8 added
16:03:15 [Zakim]
agenda+ tests for [#issue-mt-ns]
16:03:17 [Zakim]
agendum 9 added
16:03:19 [Zakim]
agenda+ tests for [#issue-faithful-infoset]
16:03:21 [Zakim]
agendum 10 added
16:03:23 [Zakim]
agenda+ tests for [#issue-base-param]
16:03:25 [Zakim]
agendum 11 added
16:03:29 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, DanC
16:03:31 [Zakim]
+??P16
16:03:31 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
16:03:33 [Zakim]
+Jerome
16:03:37 [DanC]
Scribe: DanC
16:03:41 [DanC]
Meeting: GRDDL WG Weekly
16:03:47 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-02-28T11:00-0500" taken up
16:03:48 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:04:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, john-l, DanC, ??P16, Jerome
16:04:07 [bwm]
Zakim, ??p16 is bwm
16:04:17 [Zakim]
+bwm; got it
16:04:25 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to approve GRDDL WG Weekly -- 21 Feb 2007 as a true record
16:04:33 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Feb/0204.html
16:04:49 [DanC]
so RESOLVED
16:04:51 [FabienG]
zakim, Jerome is FabienG
16:05:05 [Zakim]
+FabienG; got it
16:05:07 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:05:21 [Zakim]
+Murray_Maloney
16:05:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, john-l, DanC, bwm, FabienG, Murray_Maloney
16:05:45 [HarryH]
IanD on IRC
16:05:53 [iand]
I am not on the phone
16:06:13 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 7 March 11:00-0500. scribe volunteer?
16:06:13 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 7 March 11:00-0500. scribe volunteer?
16:06:23 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:06:23 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:06:27 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:06:27 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose HarryH
16:06:30 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:06:30 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Murray_Maloney
16:06:36 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:06:36 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Murray_Maloney
16:06:37 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
16:06:38 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose FabienG
16:06:51 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
16:06:51 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Overview of Meeting" taken up
16:06:54 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to meet again Wed, 7 March 11:00-0500, Fabien to scribe
16:07:14 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39407/endgame/results
16:07:55 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:07:57 [briansuda]
Zakim, +IPcaller is briansuda
16:07:58 [Zakim]
sorry, briansuda, I do not recognize a party named '+IPcaller'
16:08:08 [briansuda]
yes
16:08:16 [briansuda]
4yes
16:08:20 [briansuda]
4 concur
16:08:58 [chimezie]
form like voltron
16:09:14 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.861.aabb
16:09:39 [DanC]
Zakim, aabb is rreck
16:09:39 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
16:09:44 [rreck]
rreck has joined #grddl-wg
16:09:46 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:09:46 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "[#issue-http-header-links]" taken up
16:09:48 [DanC]
oops
16:09:52 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 2
16:09:52 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Overview of Meeting" taken up
16:10:33 [FabienG]
appologies my corporate calendar says I will not be available next week.; I have to send regrets for next telecon and scribe; I can scribe the 14th of March.
16:11:15 [DanC]
HH observes consensus for taking GRDDL spec to last call, with answers about other docs less clear...
16:11:47 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:11:47 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "[#issue-http-header-links]" taken up
16:12:20 [DanC]
PROPOSED: Take out the HTTP links section of the spec (after the last-call review freeze is over) and postpone the issue, since a URI-based linking feature in HTTP such as the Profile header field is not yet stable/ratified/standardized
16:12:35 [DanC]
HH: issue is open
16:13:13 [HarryH]
Chime: Moved into a Note?
16:13:19 [HarryH]
Does anyone want to do that?
16:13:45 [DanC]
DanC: good idea, though I don't think it's the best use of my time.
16:14:01 [HarryH]
IanD - what do you feel about removing the headers from the spec and putting it in a note?
16:14:19 [HarryH]
iand?
16:14:22 [iand]
I will concur with the group
16:14:30 [rreck]
then its a yes
16:14:35 [iand]
yes
16:14:44 [HarryH]
Do you want to move it into a note?
16:14:56 [HarryH]
I.e. do the work of cutting and pasting it into a note?
16:14:59 [iand]
yes, but after other editing work :)
16:15:15 [DanC]
let's assign a low-priority action
16:15:17 [HarryH]
That's an ACTION but take your time with it...
16:15:35 [DanC]
ACTION: ianD draft a Note about the GRDDL http header link mechanism
16:15:44 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:15:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HarryH, Chimezie_Ogbuji, john-l, DanC, bwm, FabienG, Murray_Maloney, [IPcaller], rreck
16:15:58 [HarryH]
Any objections to Dan's proposal from IRC?
16:16:04 [HarryH]
Going once...
16:16:06 [iand]
none from me
16:16:06 [DanC]
RESOLVED: Take out the HTTP links section of the spec and postpone the issue, since a URI-based linking feature in HTTP such as the Profile header field is not yet
16:16:13 [briansuda]
Zakim, IPcaller is briansuda
16:16:13 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
16:16:25 [Zakim]
-Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:16:29 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: take out HTTP links section
16:16:55 [Zakim]
+Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:17:22 [rreck]
rreck needs education
16:18:22 [DanC]
Zakim, which agendum?
16:18:22 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "[#issue-http-header-links]" has been taken up, DanC
16:18:26 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:18:26 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "GRDDL Spec: Last Call" taken up
16:18:39 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/sched7
16:23:01 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/test_results
16:23:07 [DanC]
^ start of impl report
16:25:25 [briansuda]
notes that April 7th is Easter, i don't think that would cause slips
16:25:45 [john-l]
(Isn't that the 8th?)
16:27:40 [DanC]
(there's the question of whether they're urgent/necessary, and the question of whether they're straightforward or risky.)
16:32:52 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to take http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec 1.228 + edits agreed by 2 of {DanC, Murray, HarryH} to last call
16:33:20 [iand]
iand has joined #grddl-wg
16:33:55 [bwm]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Feb/0243.html
16:33:59 [HarryH]
bwm wants specific responses for HP's comments
16:34:16 [DanC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Feb/0243.html
16:41:51 [john-l]
GRDDL-aware GRDDL: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Feb/0211.html
16:49:38 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to take http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec 1.228 + edits agreed by 2 of {DanC, Murray, HarryH} to last call
16:49:56 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:49:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see HarryH, john-l, DanC, bwm, FabienG, Murray_Maloney, briansuda, rreck, Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:50:04 [briansuda]
yes
16:50:06 [iand]
yes
16:50:07 [rreck]
yes
16:50:20 [HarryH]
bwm: Fixing IRIs?
16:50:32 [HarryH]
Will press for making sure IRIs are fixed.
16:50:47 [HarryH]
Consensus
16:50:49 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
16:51:26 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: take a look at HP IRI comment, murray's comments, and coordinate with Murray and Harry
16:51:38 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: request LC publication
16:51:54 [DanC]
ACTION HarryH: announce last call to peer chairs when it hits /TR/
16:52:09 [HarryH]
Well, microformats community
16:52:17 [chimezie]
healthcare life sciences..
16:52:23 [DanC]
ACTION Harry: announce to semantic-web@w3.org
16:53:22 [HarryH]
ACTION: BrianS to announce to microformat community
16:53:27 [HarryH]
Claps hands
16:53:39 [DanC]
queue=
16:54:07 [DanC]
bwm: jjc gives a thumbs up. well done.
16:54:10 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:54:10 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Primer Document: Last Call?" taken up
16:55:24 [DanC]
poll shows some in favor, some opposed, many concurs, and 1 abstain
16:56:13 [HarryH]
Even between "yes" and "no"
16:58:05 [DanC]
DanC: I'm inclined to publish the primer, but not as last call
16:58:33 [DanC]
Murray: yes, that's the way I read the survey... perhaps eventually, but not today
16:58:42 [Zakim]
-HarryH
16:59:04 [HarryH]
Sorry just got knocked off phone...
16:59:07 [HarryH]
be back in a sec..
17:00:30 [Zakim]
+HarryH
17:01:33 [chimezie]
that's not helping
17:01:35 [DanC]
Zakim, mute harryh
17:01:36 [Zakim]
HarryH should now be muted
17:02:08 [DanC]
DanC: how about making a WD decision today?
17:02:12 [DanC]
Chime: pending certain edits...
17:02:24 [DanC]
DanC: do we have an editor to discuss them? hmm... IanD is only on IRC
17:02:33 [DanC]
... perhaps best to take it up next week?
17:02:48 [DanC]
done? # ACTION: HarryH to check those primer fixes in.
17:02:50 [chimezie]
I recall Harry had suggested an additional editor (perhaps) to help with the Primer...
17:03:13 [DanC]
ACTION: HarryH to check those primer fixes in. [CONTINUES]
17:03:27 [DanC]
[DONE] ACTION: Fabien to fix bug in RDFa Example. Primer now has working RDFa example
17:03:43 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:03:43 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Use-Case Document: Going To Last Call?" taken up
17:04:05 [Zakim]
-HarryH
17:04:56 [Zakim]
+HarryH
17:05:09 [john-l]
Zakim, mute HarryH
17:05:09 [Zakim]
HarryH should now be muted
17:05:10 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to publish 1.77 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm + publication fixes as WD
17:06:11 [DanC]
DanC: status...
17:06:24 [Zakim]
-HarryH
17:06:32 [DanC]
ACTION BWM: propose status text for use cases (starting with commented-out stuff, perhaps)
17:07:05 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
17:07:17 [Zakim]
+HarryH
17:07:48 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: to request publication of usecases/scenario-gallery
17:07:59 [DanC]
sometime in the next 2 weeks
17:08:14 [DanC]
Zakim, agenda?
17:08:14 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda:
17:08:16 [Zakim]
6. Use-Case Document: Going To Last Call?
17:08:18 [Zakim]
7. Test Cases as Rec?
17:08:19 [Zakim]
8. Misc Test-Cases nominated for approval
17:08:20 [Zakim]
9. tests for [from #issue-mt-ns]
17:08:21 [Zakim]
10. tests for [from #issue-faithful-infoset]
17:08:22 [Zakim]
11. tests for [from #issue-base-param]
17:09:18 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 7
17:09:18 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Test Cases as Rec?" taken up
17:09:31 [DanC]
HH: how about somebody to just clarify which tests are approved?
17:11:18 [DanC]
Chime: I'm interested in the goal of taking the test cases to REC
17:11:37 [DanC]
DanC: anything in that direction is more than welcome; if you come up short of that goal, it'll still be appreciated
17:12:49 [DanC]
Murray: how about recruiting in the W3C QA IG?
17:12:55 [DanC]
DanC: somewhat risky, but interesting idea
17:14:18 [bwm]
request to be excused
17:15:11 [DanC]
ADJOURN.
17:15:20 [Zakim]
-bwm
17:15:31 [Zakim]
-Chimezie_Ogbuji
17:15:35 [Zakim]
-john-l
17:17:46 [briansuda]
xtech 15-18 May 2007
17:19:50 [FabienG]
I will be there and I can help with a presentation.
17:20:23 [briansuda]
http://xtech.expectnation.com/event/1/public/schedule/detail/15
17:20:29 [briansuda]
Open Data in HTML: GRDDL, eRDF and RDFa
17:20:29 [briansuda]
Lee Feigenbaum (IBM), Elias Torres (IBM)
17:21:00 [briansuda]
http://xtech.expectnation.com/event/1/public/schedule/detail/121
17:21:01 [briansuda]
RSS Remixing
17:21:01 [briansuda]
Ian Davis (Talis)
17:21:30 [rreck]
http://www.wilshireconferences.com/MD2007/index.html
17:22:20 [briansuda]
http://times.usefulinc.com/2007/02/27-openid-uformats
17:23:18 [briansuda]
thinks last.fm is heading that way...
17:23:29 [rreck]
http://konf.oio.dk
17:24:22 [briansuda]
http://getsemantic.com/ is starting with lots of small getting start stuff
17:26:15 [Zakim]
-rreck
17:26:52 [iand]
briansuda - will you be at xtech?
17:26:56 [briansuda]
yes
17:27:00 [iand]
cool
17:28:37 [FabienG]
oops, I realise it was ambiguous, I meant I will be at WWW and I can help with a presentation there.
17:29:28 [briansuda]
http://upcoming.org/event/98844/ has a short list of people attending, dajobe is attending
17:30:10 [Zakim]
-Murray_Maloney
17:30:33 [Zakim]
-HarryH
17:30:36 [Zakim]
-DanC
17:30:38 [Zakim]
-briansuda
17:30:42 [Zakim]
-FabienG
17:30:45 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
17:30:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were Chimezie_Ogbuji, john-l, HarryH, DanC, bwm, FabienG, Murray_Maloney, +1.703.861.aabb, rreck, briansuda
17:32:38 [briansuda]
rrsagent draft minutes
17:32:44 [briansuda]
rssagent, draft minutes
17:32:55 [briansuda]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:32:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/28-grddl-wg-minutes.html briansuda
17:45:37 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
17:48:47 [DanC]
Chair: HarryH
18:11:41 [HarryH]
HarryH has joined #grddl-wg
19:08:38 [HarryH]
HarryH has joined #grddl-wg
19:28:14 [briansuda]
briansuda has joined #grddl-wg
20:08:36 [Simone]
Simone has joined #grddl-wg
20:16:19 [DanC]
hi Simone
20:16:24 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/28-grddl-wg-minutes.html <- draft in progress
20:17:05 [Simone]
Thanks Dan
20:46:50 [HarryH]
HarryH has joined #grddl-wg
22:13:03 [rreck]
bye dan
22:33:52 [HarryH]
HarryH has joined #grddl-wg