IRC log of mwts on 2007-02-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:47:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:47:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc
15:47:28 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:47:32 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
15:47:32 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
15:47:37 [dom]
Chair: Dom
15:47:41 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2007Feb/0024.html
15:47:50 [dom]
Regrets: Andrea
15:48:07 [dom]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
15:48:33 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:48:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-minutes.html dom
15:50:22 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html Minutes of Feb 6th teleconf
15:59:31 [till]
till has joined #mwts
15:59:56 [dsilaev]
dsilaev has joined #mwts
16:00:20 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
16:00:27 [Zakim]
+dom
16:01:09 [Zakim]
+Jax
16:01:23 [dom]
Zakim, Jax is really Till
16:01:23 [Zakim]
+Till; got it
16:02:18 [Zakim]
+??P27
16:02:29 [dom]
Zakim, ??P27 is dmitri
16:02:29 [Zakim]
+dmitri; got it
16:03:00 [Alle1]
Alle1 has joined #mwts
16:04:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.873.aaaa
16:04:53 [dom]
Zakim, aaaa is Allen
16:04:53 [Zakim]
+Allen; got it
16:06:02 [dom]
ScribeNick: till
16:06:33 [till]
no additional agenda items
16:06:33 [dom]
Topic: Mobile Web Test Suites survey and re-packaging
16:07:32 [till]
dom: recent release of xhtml mp testsuite
16:08:10 [till]
dom: good news, 200+ tests, nice starting point
16:08:30 [till]
dom: licensing still to be figured out
16:09:06 [till]
dom: volunteering for xhtml mp ts
16:09:36 [dom]
ACTION: till to review the WCSS test suite
16:10:16 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to send his multi-test suite cataloguing system to the mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action06]
16:10:56 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2007Feb/att-0029/mwi-test-framework.html Carmelo's testing framework
16:12:06 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to run the DOM and CSS test suites on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action03]
16:12:22 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to run DOM and CSS test suites on his phones [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action02]
16:13:08 [dom]
ACTION: Till to run the CSS Test suite on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action04]
16:13:14 [dom]
ACTION: Till to run the CSS Test suite on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
16:13:41 [till]
dom: analysis of css test suite reveals some problems, use of big table
16:14:37 [dom]
till: my analysis found that the quality of the tests isn't too bad - 60 or 70 /100 as a mark
16:15:04 [dom]
... we would have issues with fonts or color effects, e.g. some tests rely on having different fonts faces or sizes that are not always available
16:15:24 [dom]
... the float tests rely on wide screens, making some tests invalid on small screens
16:16:03 [dom]
... beside the big table, on some cases, there are means to navigate from one test to the other, which is nice
16:16:12 [dom]
... the links to spec is sometimes given, but not always
16:16:31 [dom]
... also, some tests involve invalid styles (invalid markup too?)
16:16:51 [dom]
... what is needed: make the tests consistent altogether, some review and corrections
16:16:56 [dom]
... and address coverage
16:18:18 [dom]
... We can send a request to the CSS WG to see if they are interested in reviews
16:18:30 [dom]
... and ask for cooperation
16:19:24 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to get in touch with the CSS WG on cooperating on the test suite
16:19:50 [till]
dom: who would be interested in reviewing test cases?
16:21:38 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to take a closer look at CSS for coverage [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action07]
16:21:46 [till]
till: of advantage when the test cases provide navigational means
16:22:31 [till]
alle1: system as framework for easy generation of test results
16:22:51 [till]
dom: interesting
16:23:11 [till]
dom: absolutely needed to effective testing
16:24:21 [till]
alle1: wrapper to test pages to provide navigation
16:25:05 [till]
dom: yes, would make sense, but there is difficulty not to test the actual test
16:25:41 [till]
alle1: wrapper available?
16:26:12 [dom]
ACTION: Allen to explore the possibility to have a wrapper for the test suites
16:26:44 [till]
alle1: use of frames/framesets possible?
16:27:04 [till]
till: use of frames/framesets should be avoided due to small screen size
16:27:47 [till]
dom: everybody please send further ideas to dom and the public mailing list
16:27:48 [dom]
Topic: Open framework for test suites on Authoring practices
16:28:24 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to get feedback on the open test suite on authoring practices from content developers [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action08] [ONGOING]
16:28:55 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2007Feb/0023.html Proposed survey for mobile web developers
16:28:57 [till]
dom: proposal for survey sent out
16:29:18 [till]
alle1: looks fine
16:29:37 [till]
alle1: how would survey outcome effect WG?
16:30:09 [till]
dom: many positive replies, do it
16:30:33 [till]
dom: few positive replies means a rethinking
16:31:20 [till]
dom: ok, will sent the survey to appropriate people and mailing lists
16:32:01 [dom]
Topic: Roadmap of deliverables
16:32:02 [till]
dom: please provide me with further addresses asap, in particular mobile development community
16:32:18 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to turn the list of work items into a roadmap with a schedule [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/25-mwts-minutes.html#action05] [DONE]
16:32:32 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/#goals Roadmap of deliverables
16:33:27 [till]
dom: survey period longer as expected
16:33:58 [till]
dom: feed-back from internal review already there
16:34:17 [till]
internal means group-internal
16:35:30 [till]
dom: do we need more ua developers wrt feed-back, what they want, how they would use testsuites
16:36:35 [till]
dsilaev: some of our developers might be interested
16:38:40 [till]
dom: important work what we already did, reviewing, commenting, etc.
16:38:54 [till]
dom: no additional comments on roadmap
16:40:23 [till]
dom: concerning framework, maybe the roadmap waas a bit too optimistic
16:41:25 [till]
dom: collecting tests, review them, classify them would be our main task
16:42:47 [till]
till: yes, postpone some of the items makes sense
16:43:00 [till]
dom: agreed
16:43:25 [till]
dom: will update the roadmap wrt to some postponed items
16:43:27 [dom]
Topic: Progress on scheduling next F2F
16:44:45 [till]
dom: right now it doesn't make sense to meet
16:45:49 [till]
dom: don't have enough material available, and we're not finished with our inital work, like review, etc.
16:47:03 [till]
till: do we have to pay attention to summer breaks?
16:47:34 [till]
dom: just need to ensure that we have enough participants, and enough work to be discussed
16:47:51 [till]
till, alle1,dsilaev: agreed
16:48:12 [dom]
RESOLUTION: we will schedule our next F2F when the need arises - May F2F cancelled
16:48:24 [dom]
Topic: Teleconf schedule change notice
16:49:11 [till]
dom: daylight saving time problems on different continents
16:49:39 [till]
dom: either leave time as it is in us, or leave it for europeans
16:50:54 [dom]
RESOLUTION: we will meet on the US (8am PT) time on March 13 and 20
16:51:25 [till]
dom: other issues?
16:52:43 [till]
dsilaev: are there other testsuites of interests?
16:52:57 [till]
dom: waiting for feed-back from survey
16:53:36 [till]
dom: thank you, then
16:53:37 [Zakim]
-dom
16:53:38 [Zakim]
-dmitri
16:53:38 [Zakim]
-Allen
16:53:41 [dsilaev]
dsilaev has left #mwts
16:53:43 [Alle1]
Alle1 has left #mwts
16:53:45 [Zakim]
-Till
16:53:47 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:53:48 [Zakim]
Attendees were dom, Till, dmitri, +1.408.873.aaaa, Allen
16:53:54 [dom]
Thanks till for taking minutes!
16:53:58 [till]
np
16:54:03 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:54:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-minutes.html dom
17:56:15 [dom]
Zakim, bye
17:56:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
17:56:16 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
I see 11 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-actions.rdf :
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: till to review the WCSS test suite [1]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-09-36
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to send his multi-test suite cataloguing system to the mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [2]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-10-16
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to run the DOM and CSS test suites on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action03] [3]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-12-06
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to run DOM and CSS test suites on his phones [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action02] [4]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-12-22
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Till to run the CSS Test suite on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [5]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-13-08
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Till to run the CSS Test suite on his phone [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action04] [DONE] [6]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-13-14
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to get in touch with the CSS WG on cooperating on the test suite [7]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-19-24
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to take a closer look at CSS for coverage [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [8]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-21-38
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Allen to explore the possibility to have a wrapper for the test suites [9]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-26-12
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to get feedback on the open test suite on authoring practices from content developers [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-mwts-minutes.html#action08] [ONGOING] [10]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-28-24
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to turn the list of work items into a roadmap with a schedule [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/25-mwts-minutes.html#action05] [DONE] [11]
17:56:16 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/27-mwts-irc#T16-32-18