IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-02-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:46:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:46:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/02/22-wai-wcag-irc
19:46:34 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
19:46:43 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:46:49 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:46:49 [Zakim]
ok, ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 14 minutes
19:46:57 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:47:04 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JanMar/0116.html
19:47:10 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:47:16 [ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:47:22 [ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Scano
19:47:38 [ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:47:45 [ben]
agenda+ 15 February 2007 Level Change Proposals <http://tinyurl.com/3ajqrj>
19:47:51 [ben]
agenda+ Editors Survey for Feb 22 <http://tinyurl.com/2zzp27>
19:50:03 [ben_]
ben_ has joined #wai-wcag
19:52:13 [judy_mit]
judy_mit has left #wai-wcag
19:59:29 [bruce_]
bruce_ has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:43 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:44 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:00:46 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:50 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:00:50 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:56 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:07 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:01:07 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:01:25 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:01:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.668.aaaa
20:01:49 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:04 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:02:09 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.301 is Bruce_Bailey
20:02:09 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:02:12 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:02:14 [ben_]
zakim, ??P10 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:02:16 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:02:25 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:02:42 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:02:52 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:02:57 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:05 [bengt]
zakim, ??P12 is Bengt_farre
20:03:05 [Zakim]
+Bengt_farre; got it
20:03:14 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:03:17 [rellero_]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
20:03:17 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:03:24 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:28 [rellero_]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:03:28 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:03:54 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:04:01 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:04:09 [MichaelC]
zakim, IP is Sorcha_Moore
20:04:09 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named 'IP'
20:04:14 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPCaller is Sorcha_Moore
20:04:14 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
20:04:35 [bengt]
0.164SEK per minut ;)
20:05:03 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:23 [Sorcha]
zakim, mute me
20:05:23 [Zakim]
Sorcha_Moore should now be muted
20:06:25 [Zakim]
+??P19
20:06:32 [Sorcha]
zakim, unmute me
20:06:32 [Zakim]
Sorcha_Moore should no longer be muted
20:06:52 [bruce_]
Zakim, I am scribe
20:06:52 [Zakim]
sorry, bruce_, I do not see a party named 'scribe'
20:07:21 [MichaelC]
agenda?
20:07:30 [bruce_]
Scribe: Bruce_Bailey
20:07:30 [MichaelC]
take up item 1
20:07:59 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: bruce_
20:08:04 [bruce_]
GV: Need to do Mobile Best Practice Comments. Loretta coordinating.
20:08:33 [bruce_]
Regrets: Roberto Scano, John Slatin?
20:09:14 [MichaelC]
zakim, bruce_ is Bruce_Bailey
20:09:14 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:09:19 [bruce_]
zakim, mute me
20:09:19 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey.a should now be muted
20:10:08 [MichaelC]
next item
20:10:26 [bruce_]
zakim, take up item 2
20:10:26 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "15 February 2007 Level Change Proposals <http://tinyurl.com/3ajqrj>" taken up [from ben]
20:10:55 [Sorcha]
zakim, mute me
20:10:55 [Zakim]
Sorcha_Moore should now be muted
20:11:02 [bruce_]
zakim, unmute me
20:11:02 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey.a should no longer be muted
20:11:23 [bruce_]
zakim, mute me
20:11:23 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey.a should now be muted
20:12:04 [bruce_]
action: close anonymous consent: LC-1406, LC-1308, LC-1301, LC-1280, LC-1209, LC-1205, LC-1204, LC-1218, LC-1198, LC-1195, LC-1153, LC-1087, LC-1014, LC-982, LC-977, LC-965, LC-741, LC-1310
20:12:37 [bruce_]
topic: 1289
20:13:21 [MichaelC]
s/action: close anonymous consent:/RESOLUTION: close anonymous consent:
20:13:26 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, drop action 1
20:16:13 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:16:58 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:18:32 [Loretta]
q+
20:19:05 [becka11y]
q+
20:19:37 [Loretta]
ack me
20:21:07 [bruce_]
zakim, beckally is Becky Gibson
20:21:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'beckally is Becky Gibson', bruce_
20:21:51 [becka11y]
zakim, I am Becky_Gibson
20:21:51 [Zakim]
ok, becka11y, I now associate you with Becky_Gibson
20:21:57 [becka11y]
ack bec
20:23:03 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close Issue 838, Issue 1289, SC 2.4.3 is moved to Level 1.
20:23:44 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aabb
20:24:04 [bruce_]
topic: SC 2.4.4
20:24:08 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:26:23 [sean]
sean has joined #wai-wcag
20:26:55 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe.a
20:27:12 [sean]
yes
20:28:34 [bruce_]
zakim, I am Bruce_Bailey
20:28:34 [Zakim]
ok, bruce_, I now associate you with Bruce_Bailey.a
20:28:42 [Loretta]
q+
20:28:53 [bruce_]
zakim, Bruce_Bailey.a is Bruce_Bailey
20:28:53 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:30:18 [David_MacDonald]
q+
20:31:14 [Gregg]
q+
20:31:19 [Gregg]
ack l
20:32:16 [Gregg]
ack d
20:33:39 [ben_]
q+
20:33:55 [Loretta]
q+
20:34:17 [Gregg]
ack g
20:34:20 [Gregg]
ack b
20:34:59 [Gregg]
ack l
20:35:05 [Gregg]
q+
20:35:07 [Andi]
q+
20:35:35 [Gregg]
ack g
20:35:35 [Loretta]
q+
20:35:39 [Gregg]
ack a
20:35:44 [Gregg]
ack l
20:36:09 [David_MacDonald]
q+
20:36:44 [Gregg]
ack d
20:39:06 [Gregg]
ack a
20:39:06 [Loretta]
q+
20:39:31 [Loretta]
q-
20:40:11 [Gregg]
ack l
20:40:16 [David_MacDonald]
q+
20:41:02 [Gregg]
ack d
20:42:49 [bruce_]
zakim, unmute me
20:42:49 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should no longer be muted
20:42:50 [Loretta]
q+
20:43:33 [bruce_]
q+ to say what about JavaScript links?
20:43:46 [Gregg]
ack l
20:45:04 [Gregg]
ack b
20:45:04 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey, you wanted to say what about JavaScript links?
20:45:18 [Gregg]
q+
20:45:41 [bruce_]
ack me
20:45:50 [bruce_]
zakim, mute me
20:45:50 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should now be muted
20:48:10 [Loretta]
q+
20:48:42 [David_MacDonald]
q+
20:48:48 [Loretta]
ack g
20:49:08 [Gregg]
ack L
20:50:11 [Gregg]
ack d
20:52:46 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:53:14 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:23 [bruce_]
zakim, unmute me
20:59:23 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should no longer be muted
21:01:14 [Zakim]
-??P19
21:03:50 [Gregg]
ack a
21:05:02 [Loretta]
q+
21:05:42 [Gregg]
ack l
21:07:11 [sean]
+q
21:09:00 [Gregg]
ack s
21:15:02 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute tim
21:15:02 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
21:17:50 [bruce_]
q+
21:18:15 [bruce_]
ack me
21:18:36 [bruce_]
q+ to ask is Cynthia on the call?
21:21:01 [MichaelC]
ack b
21:21:01 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey, you wanted to ask is Cynthia on the call?
21:23:34 [Zakim]
+??P19
21:24:15 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
21:25:30 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
21:26:41 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
21:27:13 [bruce_]
Action: David M to add “mystery links” in HtM.
21:31:26 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close Issue 872 as amended (rational added). This SC has been moved to level 1 because without it, it requires significantly greater effort (and keystrokes) for assistive technology users to determine link context. This item may be moved back to level 2 if it is determined that it causes pages to fail at level 1 that are, in fact, accessible.
21:31:58 [bruce_]
Topic: SC 2.4.5; Issue 839, Issue 841, Issue 1052, Issue 1289
21:49:59 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: SC 2.4.5 is promoted to Level 2. Change intent section to reflect provision which does not require “uniqueness” (2.4.5 and G130). Referred back to Team B for language to close language on issues 839, 841, 1052, 1289.
21:50:30 [bruce_]
Topic: SC 2.4.6; Issue 628, Issue 942, Issue 1053
21:52:25 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
21:54:31 [Loretta]
q+
21:55:28 [Gregg]
ack l
21:56:15 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:56:32 [Gregg]
ack d
21:57:09 [Gregg]
ack a
21:57:23 [Gregg]
q+
21:59:12 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, ??P19 is Cynthia
21:59:12 [Zakim]
+Cynthia; got it
21:59:40 [bruce_]
zakim, mute me
21:59:40 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should now be muted
22:01:20 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:01:31 [Gregg]
ack g
22:01:35 [Gregg]
ack ?
22:01:48 [Gregg]
ack D
22:01:50 [Gregg]
q+
22:02:05 [bruce_]
zakim, P19 is Cynthia_Shelly
22:02:05 [Zakim]
sorry, bruce_, I do not recognize a party named 'P19'
22:02:06 [sean]
+q
22:02:12 [Gregg]
ack g
22:02:25 [bruce_]
zakim, who is on call
22:02:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on call', bruce_
22:02:42 [ben_]
zakim, ??P19 is Cynthia_Shelly
22:02:42 [Zakim]
I already had ??P19 as Cynthia, ben_
22:02:50 [bruce_]
zakim, who is on the phone
22:02:50 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', bruce_
22:03:04 [bruce_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
22:03:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cooper, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey (muted), Gregg_and_Ben, David_MacDonald, Alex_Li, Bengt_farre, Roberto_Ellero (muted), Becky_Gibson,
22:03:08 [Zakim]
... Sofia_Celic, Sean_Hayes, Christophe_Strobbe, Tim_Boland (muted), Cynthia
22:04:34 [Loretta]
q+
22:04:39 [Gregg]
ack s
22:04:41 [Gregg]
ack l
22:07:21 [sean]
+q
22:08:25 [bruce_]
zakim, unmute me
22:08:25 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should no longer be muted
22:08:36 [Gregg]
ack s
22:09:02 [Loretta]
q+
22:09:10 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:10:09 [Gregg]
ack l
22:10:47 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, who's banging dishes
22:10:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's banging dishes', David_MacDonald
22:11:07 [Gregg]
ack d
22:11:42 [Gregg]
ack c
22:15:25 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
22:17:01 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close 1054 as proposed.
22:17:10 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
22:17:25 [bruce_]
Topic: SC 2.4.8; issues 473, 712, 944, 1056
22:19:29 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close issues 473, 712, 944, 1056 as proposed. SC 2.4.8 remains at Level 3.
22:20:01 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close issue 1321 as proposed.
22:20:22 [bruce_]
Topic: SC 2.5.4; issues 1058 & 1143
22:20:55 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close issues 1058 and 1143 as amended. (Dropped last sentence.)
22:21:12 [bruce_]
Topic: SC 3.1.3; issue 945
22:21:47 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close issue 945 as amended (minor typo corrected). SC 3.1.3 Remains at Level 3.
22:21:54 [ben_]
1058
22:22:14 [bruce_]
Topic: SC 3.1.4; issue 1059
22:22:24 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:24:01 [Loretta]
q+
22:24:23 [Gregg]
ack l
22:24:24 [Andi]
q+
22:25:50 [bruce_]
zakim, mute me
22:25:50 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should now be muted
22:26:04 [Gregg]
ack a
22:27:43 [Gregg]
ack j
22:28:18 [Andi]
Andi has left #wai-wcag
22:31:14 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:31:16 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:31:51 [Gregg]
ack d
22:31:52 [Sofia]
q+
22:32:05 [Gregg]
q+
22:33:02 [Gregg]
ack s
22:35:33 [Gregg]
ack g
22:37:23 [Gregg]
ack j
22:41:43 [Loretta]
q+
22:42:10 [Gregg]
ack l
22:45:16 [Gregg]
ack c
22:45:18 [bruce_]
q+ to ask if applicable to all content?
22:45:25 [bruce_]
zakim, unmute me
22:45:25 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should no longer be muted
22:46:09 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:46:52 [Loretta]
q+
22:48:40 [Gregg]
ack b
22:48:40 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey, you wanted to ask if applicable to all content?
22:49:12 [Gregg]
ack d
22:49:31 [Gregg]
q+
22:50:00 [Gregg]
ack a
22:50:43 [Gregg]
ack l
22:52:47 [Gregg]
ack g
22:52:49 [Gregg]
ack c
22:54:26 [bruce_]
Action: 1059 referred to Loretta, John, and Alex.
22:54:33 [bruce_]
Topic: SC 3.1.5, issues 569 & 887
22:55:14 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close issues 569 and 887 as amended (minor edits). SC 3.1.5 remains at Level 3.
22:55:39 [bruce_]
Topic: SC 3.2.5, issue 1144 & 1068
22:58:03 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:58:27 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close issues 1144 and 1068 as amended. SC 3.2.5 remains at Level 3.
22:58:34 [bruce_]
Topic: 2 or 3 levels, issue 1024 & 1026
23:00:40 [bruce_]
RESOLUTION: Close issues 1024 and 1026 as amended (minor typo). Stay with three levels.
23:01:07 [Zakim]
-Cynthia
23:02:12 [ben_]
Present: Michael_Cooper, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, David_MacDonald, Alex_Li, Bengt_Farre, Roberto_Ellero, Becky_Gibson, Sofia_Celic, Sean_Hayes, Christophe_Strobbe, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly, John_Slatin
23:02:39 [Zakim]
-Bengt_farre
23:02:45 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:02:46 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:02:48 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:02:49 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:02:50 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:02:52 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:02:53 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:02:54 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:02:55 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
23:02:56 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:03:19 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:03:20 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:03:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were Cooper, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, +1.301.668.aaaa, Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, Alex_Li, Bengt_farre, Becky_Gibson, Roberto_Ellero,
23:03:25 [Zakim]
... Don_Evans, Sorcha_Moore, Sofia_Celic, +7.971.aabb, Sean_Hayes, Christophe_Strobbe, Tim_Boland, Cynthia, John_Slatin
23:03:32 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
23:03:44 [ben_]
RRSAgent, bye
23:03:44 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/22-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:03:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David M to add “mystery links” in HtM. [2]
23:03:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/22-wai-wcag-irc#T21-27-13
23:03:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Referred to Team B to work on wording for 2.4.6 that is acceptable at Level 1 or 2. Issues 628, 942, and 1053 left open. [3]
23:03:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/22-wai-wcag-irc#T22-11-42
23:03:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: 1059 referred to Loretta, John, and Alex. [4]
23:03:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/22-wai-wcag-irc#T22-54-26
23:03:50 [ben_]
zakim, bye
23:03:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag