IRC log of rif on 2007-02-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:19:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
15:19:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/02/20-rif-irc
15:19:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rif
15:20:24 [ChrisW]
sandro, if you're there I don't know how to invite the tracker bot
15:20:36 [ChrisW]
zakim, this will be rif
15:20:36 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisW; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 40 minutes
15:20:53 [ChrisW]
Meeting: RIF Telecon 20 Feb 07
15:21:23 [ChrisW]
Chair: Christian de Sainte-Marie
15:21:58 [ChrisW]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0070.html
15:22:12 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has changed the topic to: 20 Feb RIF agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0070.html
15:22:29 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Admin
15:22:34 [ChrisW]
agenda+ F2F
15:22:38 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Liason
15:22:48 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Technical Design
15:22:54 [ChrisW]
agenda+ USR
15:23:06 [ChrisW]
agenda- USR
15:23:19 [ChrisW]
zakim, delete agendum 5
15:23:19 [Zakim]
agendum 5, USR, dropped
15:23:28 [ChrisW]
agenda+ UCR
15:23:41 [ChrisW]
zakim, list agenda
15:23:41 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda:
15:23:43 [Zakim]
1. Admin [from ChrisW]
15:23:45 [Zakim]
2. F2F [from ChrisW]
15:23:46 [Zakim]
3. Liason [from ChrisW]
15:23:47 [Zakim]
4. Technical Design [from ChrisW]
15:23:48 [Zakim]
6. UCR [from ChrisW]
15:25:02 [ChrisW]
agendum 5 = UCR
15:25:11 [ChrisW]
agendum 6 =
15:25:23 [ChrisW]
agendum 6 = RIFRAF
15:25:30 [ChrisW]
agendum 7 = AOB
15:25:41 [ChrisW]
agenda+ AOB
15:25:47 [ChrisW]
zakim, list agenda
15:25:47 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda:
15:25:49 [Zakim]
1. Admin [from ChrisW]
15:25:50 [Zakim]
2. F2F [from ChrisW]
15:25:51 [Zakim]
3. Liason [from ChrisW]
15:25:52 [Zakim]
4. Technical Design [from ChrisW]
15:25:53 [Zakim]
5. UCR
15:25:54 [Zakim]
6. RIFRAF
15:25:56 [Zakim]
7. AOB [from ChrisW]
15:26:14 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:26:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/20-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
15:26:51 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:51:14 [csma]
csma has joined #rif
15:51:54 [csma]
MoZ, will you be able to scribe, today?
15:53:45 [MoZ]
sorry csma, i will only be present by IRC today too
15:53:56 [csma]
ok
15:54:01 [MoZ]
xsl is very active for the moment
15:54:06 [MoZ]
:(
15:57:18 [Harold]
Harold has joined #rif
15:57:34 [AlexKozlenkov]
AlexKozlenkov has joined #rif
15:57:57 [patranja]
patranja has joined #rif
15:57:58 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
15:58:05 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:58:12 [agiurca]
agiurca has joined #rif
15:58:15 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
15:58:28 [csma]
zakim, ??P0 is me
15:58:28 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
15:58:54 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #rif
15:59:03 [Harold]
zakim, [NRCC] is me.
15:59:03 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
15:59:07 [Zakim]
+[TU-Cottbus]
15:59:09 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
15:59:25 [agiurca]
zakim [TU-Cottbus] is agiurca
15:59:59 [ChrisW]
need a comma, adrian
16:00:07 [Hassan]
Hassan has joined #rif
16:00:21 [Zakim]
+Dave_Reynolds (was Guest P10 74394)
16:00:21 [agiurca]
zakim, [TU-Cottbus] is agiurca
16:00:22 [Zakim]
+agiurca; got it
16:00:23 [Zakim]
+Dave_Reynolds
16:00:25 [Zakim]
+Leora_Morgenstern
16:00:29 [agiurca]
zakim, mute me
16:00:29 [Zakim]
agiurca should now be muted
16:00:31 [mdean]
mdean has joined #rif
16:00:44 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, mute me
16:00:44 [Zakim]
Leora_Morgenstern should now be muted
16:01:05 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rif
16:01:18 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
16:01:23 [Zakim]
+Hassan_Ait-Kaci
16:01:37 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:01:44 [ChrisW]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
16:01:44 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
16:02:20 [Zakim]
+josb
16:02:24 [Zakim]
+ +0208202aaaa
16:02:30 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:02:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Harold, agiurca (muted), Dave_Reynolds, Leora_Morgenstern (muted), Hassan_Ait-Kaci (muted), ChrisW, josb, +0208202aaaa
16:02:33 [AlexKozlenkov]
zakim, +0208202aaaa is me
16:02:33 [Zakim]
+AlexKozlenkov; got it
16:02:36 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
16:02:40 [AlexKozlenkov]
zakim, mute me
16:02:40 [Zakim]
AlexKozlenkov should now be muted
16:03:00 [Zakim]
+Sandro
16:03:06 [Zakim]
+[LMU]
16:03:27 [Zakim]
+Axel_Polleres
16:03:50 [AxelPolleres]
I won't be there.
16:03:52 [AxelPolleres]
I can
16:04:04 [AxelPolleres]
scribenick AxelPolleres
16:04:20 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #rif
16:04:22 [AxelPolleres]
/me Zakim, mute me
16:04:32 [Zakim]
+Allen_Ginsberg
16:04:36 [AxelPolleres]
did we invite rrsagent?
16:04:53 [ChrisW]
action-224 continued
16:04:58 [AllenGinsberg]
AllenGinsberg has joined #rif
16:05:09 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION 224 [continued]
16:05:11 [sandro]
RRSAgent, pointer?
16:05:11 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/02/20-rif-irc#T16-05-11
16:05:20 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:05:20 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:05:21 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:05:37 [AxelPolleres]
topic: admin
16:05:41 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Approved minutes of Feb 13 telecon
16:05:41 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, mute me
16:05:41 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should now be muted
16:05:59 [AxelPolleres]
csma: minutes from last time approved.
16:06:02 [ChrisW]
zakim, take up item 2
16:06:02 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "F2F" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:06:06 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, unmute me
16:06:06 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should no longer be muted
16:06:06 [AxelPolleres]
... no agenda amendments.
16:06:09 [ChrisW]
zakim, close item 1
16:06:09 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Admin, closed
16:06:10 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:06:11 [Zakim]
2. F2F [from ChrisW]
16:06:16 [AxelPolleres]
topic: F2F
16:06:33 [AxelPolleres]
csma: action review.
16:06:46 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION 229 [done]
16:07:19 [sandro]
zakim, who is here?
16:07:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Harold, agiurca (muted), Dave_Reynolds, Leora_Morgenstern (muted), Hassan_Ait-Kaci (muted), ChrisW, josb (muted), AlexKozlenkov (muted), Mike_Dean, Sandro,
16:07:22 [Zakim]
... PaulaP (muted), Axel_Polleres, Allen_Ginsberg, PaulVincent
16:07:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see AllenGinsberg, PaulVincent, josb, AxelPolleres, mdean, Hassan, LeoraMorgenstern, DaveReynolds, agiurca, PaulaP, AlexKozlenkov, Harold, csma, Zakim, RRSAgent, ChrisW,
16:07:26 [Zakim]
... MoZ, sandro
16:07:30 [AxelPolleres]
allen: detailed venue information now available on the wiki.
16:07:56 [rifbot]
rifbot has joined #rif
16:07:57 [rifbot]
Tracking ISSUEs and ACTIONs from http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/
16:08:04 [AxelPolleres]
csma: list of required reading now available. All be sure to read it!
16:08:13 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
16:08:56 [AxelPolleres]
allen: please all register! if you haven't yet registered, mail allen!
16:09:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.203.539.aabb
16:09:21 [johnhall]
johnhall has joined #rif
16:09:25 [AxelPolleres]
s/registered,/reigstered for F2F,/
16:09:34 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:09:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Harold, agiurca (muted), Dave_Reynolds, Leora_Morgenstern (muted), Hassan_Ait-Kaci (muted), ChrisW, josb (muted), AlexKozlenkov (muted), Mike_Dean, Sandro,
16:09:38 [Zakim]
... PaulaP (muted), Axel_Polleres, Allen_Ginsberg, PaulVincent, Gary_Hallmark, +1.203.539.aabb
16:10:04 [AxelPolleres]
/me Zakim, mute me
16:10:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:10:17 [johnhall]
zakim, ipcaller is me
16:10:17 [Zakim]
+johnhall; got it
16:10:32 [AxelPolleres]
topic: Liasson
16:10:32 [PaulVincent]
PRR: no news
16:10:39 [johnhall]
zakim, mute me
16:10:39 [Zakim]
johnhall should now be muted
16:10:48 [AxelPolleres]
Paul: no news from PRR
16:11:03 [AxelPolleres]
(who is speaking?)
16:11:17 [AxelPolleres]
said: reports on XBRL.
16:11:42 [johnhall]
no change for SBVR
16:11:54 [AxelPolleres]
csma: a report from said on XBRL could be interesting in the demo part of f2f.
16:12:05 [PaulVincent]
XBRL report: good idea
16:12:23 [AxelPolleres]
... as an exmple of an industry vocabulary that could be bound to RIF.
16:12:41 [AxelPolleres]
said/csma will resolve this offline.
16:12:49 [AxelPolleres]
topic: technical design
16:12:56 [Deborah_Nichols]
Deborah_Nichols has joined #rif
16:13:22 [ChrisW]
action: Christian to organize XBRL discussion with Said
16:13:22 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-230 - Organize XBRL discussion with Said [on Christian de Sainte Marie - due 2007-02-27].
16:13:31 [Zakim]
+Deborah_Nichols
16:13:41 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION 225 [done]
16:13:49 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION 226 [done]
16:14:27 [AxelPolleres]
csma: review comments to technical design from various people.
16:15:00 [AxelPolleres]
... which ones can be easily resolved, which ones require discussion at f2f?
16:15:19 [AxelPolleres]
... When will we have a frozen version of Core for the f2f?
16:15:32 [AxelPolleres]
csma: start wih jos' review.
16:15:39 [josb]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0027.html
16:15:56 [Harold]
Diff of Positive Conditions since last Tuesday: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Core/Positive_Conditions?action=diff&rev2=82&rev1=30
16:16:22 [Harold]
Diff of Horn Rules since last Tuesday: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Core/Horn_Rules?action=diff&rev2=26&rev1=17
16:16:53 [AxelPolleres]
csma: more separation between discussion part and spec.
16:17:11 [AxelPolleres]
harold: separation now clearer by color codes.
16:17:59 [AxelPolleres]
Is the color coding explained in the Document????
16:19:20 [AxelPolleres]
csma: introduction to be refined.
16:19:30 [AxelPolleres]
harold: done.
16:19:46 [AxelPolleres]
csma: connection with the web is not really there yet.
16:19:59 [josb]
I agreed with Michael that such a thing should probably be in some architecture document
16:20:07 [AxelPolleres]
harold: apaert from sorts, webizing still to be done.
16:20:34 [josb]
s/such a thing/the connection to the web/
16:20:37 [AxelPolleres]
s/apaert/apart
16:21:05 [AxelPolleres]
csma: webizing will be stalled for after WD1.
16:21:33 [AxelPolleres]
csma: any objections?
16:21:47 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLUTION: webizing will be stalled for after WD1.
16:21:57 [Harold]
The Overview already prominently mentions that more webizing will be done later.
16:22:02 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: webizing the RIF CORE will not be part of first WD
16:22:04 [Harold]
Currently: sorts.
16:22:14 [josb]
it should be stated, though, that it will be addressed in the next version
16:22:30 [AxelPolleres]
csma: discussion items in jos review.
16:22:37 [josb]
q+
16:22:49 [csma]
ACK JOSB
16:23:02 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "1- core syntax: allowing disjunction in the conditions" propose to discuss this in f2f.
16:23:14 [AxelPolleres]
jos: this had already been discussed in the WG.
16:23:54 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: csma to check whether "1- core syntax: allowing disjunction in the conditions" is already resolved.
16:23:54 [rifbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - csma
16:24:22 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "2- the document seems to commit to four RIF dialects"
16:24:28 [ChrisW]
ACTION: Christian to check whether "1- core syntax: allowing disjunction in the conditions" is already resolved
16:24:28 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-231 - Check whether \"1- core syntax: allowing disjunction in the conditions\" is already resolved [on Christian de Sainte Marie - due 2007-02-27].
16:24:37 [AxelPolleres]
... seems this needs to be modified/weakened.
16:25:19 [ChrisW]
action: harold to modify WD so that there are no committments to specific dialects
16:25:19 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-232 - Modify WD so that there are no committments to specific dialects [on Harold Boley - due 2007-02-27].
16:25:47 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "3- core syntax: I am not sure what the merit is of [...] anonymous variable"
16:26:10 [AxelPolleres]
harold: marked this green in the document, it will be discussed during F2F.
16:26:33 [josb]
q+
16:26:36 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "4- syntax: [...] URIs more prominent"
16:26:42 [csma]
ack josb
16:26:54 [AxelPolleres]
... this is another facet of the resolution we had before.
16:27:42 [AxelPolleres]
jos: it seems it is already partly sorted out with the _uri sort.
16:28:06 [josb]
+1
16:28:07 [DaveReynolds]
q+
16:28:15 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "5- syntax: [...] semantic web [...]"
16:28:18 [csma]
ack dave
16:28:32 [AxelPolleres]
... this seems also be part of the webizing discussion.
16:29:05 [AxelPolleres]
Dave: seems to be worthwhile discussing at F2F.
16:29:32 [AxelPolleres]
csma: we will discuss OWL and RDF compatiblity at f2f.
16:30:01 [Harold]
"hello world"^^xsd:string was in a draft before, but for LL(k) parsability was syntactically rewritten as _xsd:string"hello world".
16:30:27 [AxelPolleres]
... main objective of f2f will be finalizing WD1. Any discussions of further webizing will not be the focus.
16:30:48 [AxelPolleres]
Dave: seems some webizing is in for wd1, other no.
16:31:45 [AxelPolleres]
csma: anything which we can tidy up for WD1 is ok to be discussed in F2F.
16:32:35 [AxelPolleres]
(what is the conclusion here???)
16:32:51 [ChrisW]
Clarification of Resolution on Webizing: We will include discussion on "cleaning up" the current WD wrt what it already says about "webizing"
16:33:00 [Harold]
Mike, webizing was in a draft before (http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/A.1.1_Basis%3A_Positive_Conditions_over_Bipartitioned_Constants), but was then handled via sorts.
16:33:50 [Harold]
E.g. <Ind iri="http://www.w3.org"/>
16:34:36 [AxelPolleres]
csma: next comment "XML datatypes"
16:34:41 [AxelPolleres]
harold: done.
16:34:42 [agiurca]
Why xs:anyURI si not there too?
16:35:22 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "6- section 1: it is not entirely clear to me what is meant with a "
16:35:25 [AxelPolleres]
"fragment" of a dialect. "
16:35:40 [josb]
q+
16:35:49 [csma]
ack josb
16:36:18 [AxelPolleres]
jos: not necessarily all comments need to be discussed here.
16:36:47 [AxelPolleres]
csma: we want this all agreed before WD1.
16:37:15 [Harold]
Maybe "fragment" is relative to a larger language, whereas "dialect" is neutral wrt specializing or generalizing another language, so I would prefer this more broad term.
16:38:07 [AxelPolleres]
csma: " "6- section 1: " dialect vs. fragment will be resolved at f2f.
16:39:24 [josb]
I agree with Harold's proposal for the terminology
16:39:30 [Harold]
Will do as time permits.
16:39:34 [AxelPolleres]
csma: fragment will be replaced globally by dialect, not further to be discussed.
16:39:57 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "7- section 1.1: from the introduction it is not really clear which data types"
16:40:11 [AxelPolleres]
harold: resolved. 5 datatypes supported.
16:40:52 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "8- section 1.1: introduction: reference here to features in future dialects"
16:40:59 [AxelPolleres]
harold: resolved.
16:41:22 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "9- section 1.1, syntax"
16:41:27 [AxelPolleres]
harold: resolved.
16:41:44 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "10- section 1.1: the scoping rules"
16:41:48 [AxelPolleres]
harold: resolved.
16:42:08 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "11- section 1.1: XML syntax"
16:42:32 [AxelPolleres]
csma: done. XML lableled illustrative only
16:42:59 [josb]
if it is for illustrative purposes only, then it can be kept there
16:43:17 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "12- section 1.1, semantic structures"
16:43:25 [AxelPolleres]
...postponed to WD2.
16:44:24 [AxelPolleres]
harold: comments 12-15 have been agreed/handled already.
16:45:33 [AxelPolleres]
harold: also all comments until 22 have been resolved.
16:45:56 [AxelPolleres]
csma: can you comment on 22 "intended models of rules"?
16:46:19 [AxelPolleres]
harold: michael will maybe handle it by friday.
16:46:22 [MichaelKifer]
MichaelKifer has joined #rif
16:46:53 [AllenGinsberg]
q+
16:47:16 [csma]
ack allen
16:47:59 [Harold]
Michael?
16:48:16 [AxelPolleres]
csma: michael, can "22 intended models of rules" be handled before f2f?
16:48:52 [AxelPolleres]
csma: further (editorial) comments should have been taken into account.
16:49:39 [ChrisW]
Michael, are you reading the irc?
16:49:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.775.242.aacc
16:50:07 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, aac is me
16:50:07 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelKifer, I do not recognize a party named 'aac'
16:50:21 [ChrisW]
zakim, aacc is MichaelKifer
16:50:21 [Zakim]
+MichaelKifer; got it
16:50:29 [AxelPolleres]
harold: some font issues, there may be still inconsistencies, which cannot be resolved in the wiki version, but comments 23-31 are takei into account.
16:50:32 [AxelPolleres]
s/takei/taken/
16:50:38 [AxelPolleres]
(michael k. joining)
16:50:47 [AxelPolleres]
csma: michael, can "22 intended models of rules" be handled before f2f?
16:51:14 [AxelPolleres]
... jos said this section should be removed for WD1.
16:51:21 [AllenGinsberg]
+1 different color
16:51:49 [AxelPolleres]
michael: decision was to put it in different color. will be done for frozen version until friday.
16:52:26 [ChrisW]
zakim, mute michaelkifer
16:52:26 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
16:52:56 [AxelPolleres]
csma: move to comments from allen.
16:53:12 [AxelPolleres]
harold: all comments of allen resolved.
16:53:46 [AxelPolleres]
chrisw: back to anon vars comment frrom jos?
16:54:09 [AxelPolleres]
csma: anon vars will be discussed at f2f.
16:54:11 [sandro]
(a little research suggests global-search-replace is very rare in wikis, and absent in moinmoin. Only one wiki on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software has it.)
16:54:39 [sandro]
(conceicably wiki-tr could help with that. Hrm.)
16:55:12 [AxelPolleres]
csma: back to allen's comments. Suggestion to all to pick up allen's practice for reviews to suggest replacement text when reviewing.
16:55:36 [AxelPolleres]
csma: let's move to mike dean's review.
16:56:11 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0038.html
16:57:02 [Hassan]
NB: "to explicate" means "to make explicit" - not "to explain"
16:57:10 [AxelPolleres]
csma: most of mike's comments are typographic/english.
16:57:16 [AxelPolleres]
harold: have been resolved.
16:57:39 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "It seems premature to give examples and a DTD for RIF Horn Rules"
16:57:50 [AxelPolleres]
harold: moved to appendix.
16:57:53 [Harold]
CamelCase
16:58:11 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "RDF would be a more appropriate camelcase analogue than Java"
16:58:44 [AxelPolleres]
mike: think that rdf is a more direct analogue than java here.
16:58:57 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
16:58:59 [AxelPolleres]
harold: will be resolved to WD1 forzen version.
16:59:14 [AxelPolleres]
s/forzen/frozen/
16:59:50 [Hassan]
q+
17:00:07 [csma]
ack hassan
17:00:18 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "Why not use sort rather than type as the attribute name"
17:00:37 [AxelPolleres]
harold: the term "sort" is overloaded.
17:00:57 [AxelPolleres]
hassan: so is "type", type is misleading here.
17:01:14 [AxelPolleres]
(resolution?)
17:01:16 [AllenGinsberg]
You could use "SORTAL"
17:01:47 [AxelPolleres]
harold: will be implemented in frozen wd1.
17:01:56 [Zakim]
-SaidTabet
17:02:08 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "It seems a bit odd to modify the semantic structures introduced only a few"
17:02:20 [AxelPolleres]
... "screens back, as if multisorted RIF was an afterthought."
17:02:41 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
17:02:49 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
17:03:11 [AxelPolleres]
Michael K: Should we introduce multisorted RIF right away?
17:03:30 [AxelPolleres]
csma: I think so.
17:04:24 [AxelPolleres]
ChrisW: suggest to keep this for WD2.
17:04:34 [ChrisW]
zakim, mute michaelkifer
17:04:36 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
17:04:36 [AxelPolleres]
... will keep track of this.
17:05:02 [AxelPolleres]
csma: "I'm concerned that this section tries to cover too much material, ..."
17:05:12 [AxelPolleres]
harold: resolved (?)
17:05:57 [AxelPolleres]
(where are you now?)
17:06:23 [AxelPolleres]
csma: other comments are on XML syntax and will go to WD2.
17:07:00 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
17:07:08 [AxelPolleres]
csma: there will be a session on asn06/XML in f2f, but not relevant for WD1.
17:07:24 [AxelPolleres]
csma: my comment on the structure of the document
17:07:36 [AxelPolleres]
harold: overview now clarified.
17:07:41 [Harold]
Axel, the Condition Language is a common foundation, so is a bit large.
17:08:15 [AxelPolleres]
harold: the Condition Language part is a common foundation, so is a bit large, but will be kept like that for WD1.
17:09:23 [Harold]
No (more) major structural changes are possible.
17:09:27 [AxelPolleres]
csma: next comments from Adrian.
17:10:09 [DaveReynolds]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/att-0063/00-part
17:10:23 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0063.html
17:10:48 [AxelPolleres]
csma: the comments are in the attachment of that email
17:11:40 [AxelPolleres]
csma: # A Datatypes section is desirable. This section will explain which datatypes are allowed and describe them.
17:11:42 [AxelPolleres]
# A specific Validation section which includes all kind of validation issues i.e. DTD validation, XML Schema validation, MOF validation.
17:11:56 [AxelPolleres]
... should be discussed for WD2/
17:12:00 [AxelPolleres]
.
17:13:08 [agiurca]
q+
17:14:16 [csma]
ack agiurca
17:14:26 [AxelPolleres]
csma: whether or not to include DTD to be discussed at f2f.
17:15:22 [AxelPolleres]
adrian: rename section "model" to "abstract syntax""
17:15:46 [AxelPolleres]
harold: this is confusing.
17:16:28 [Zakim]
-PaulaP
17:17:27 [AxelPolleres]
csma: again: metamodel vs. abstract syntax to be discussed in f2f2.
17:18:34 [AxelPolleres]
adrian/harold: now discuss about striped- syntax, etc.
17:18:44 [agiurca]
zakim, mute me
17:18:44 [Zakim]
agiurca should now be muted
17:19:11 [AxelPolleres]
csma: harold, please make clear the reference for striped-syntax in frozen document. we will then discuss it at f2f.
17:20:00 [AxelPolleres]
harold: will color-code the "striped" passage in green.
17:20:44 [AxelPolleres]
csma: multiplicity should maybe also discussed. MOF diagram should be discussed as well.
17:21:48 [MoZ]
MoZ has joined #rif
17:21:49 [AxelPolleres]
csma: another comment which came several times: complete names instead of abbreviations for XML tags.
17:22:37 [AxelPolleres]
csma: for reasons of being illustrative.
17:22:38 [Harold]
Technical RIF tags should not be identified with natural language meanings.
17:23:05 [AxelPolleres]
harold: tags technically shouldn't be the same as natural lang meaning.
17:23:13 [AxelPolleres]
csma: discuss that at f2f.
17:23:14 [Harold]
Short names remind people of that.
17:23:26 [AxelPolleres]
csma: move to phillipe bonnard's comments.
17:24:21 [AxelPolleres]
(can someone post the link to phillipe's mail?)
17:24:42 [AxelPolleres]
harold: will address his comments by friday.
17:25:50 [Deborah_Nichols]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0025.html
17:25:59 [agiurca]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0025.html
17:26:49 [ChrisW]
q?
17:27:03 [AxelPolleres]
csma: syntax/vocabulary for parts of rules, e.g. ECA rules to be sorted out in f2f.
17:27:34 [AxelPolleres]
csma: comment on slotted syntax is obsolete.
17:28:27 [AxelPolleres]
csma: we have reached the regulatr time and also the end of the reviews.
17:28:37 [AllenGinsberg]
+1
17:28:47 [ChrisW]
proposed extend meeting by 5 minutse
17:28:47 [AxelPolleres]
csma: 5min more for discussing actions for UCR.
17:28:53 [ChrisW]
resolved
17:28:57 [AllenGinsberg]
done
17:29:06 [AxelPolleres]
ACION 215 [done]
17:29:08 [josb]
Sorry, I have to go. Bye!
17:29:16 [AxelPolleres]
s/ACION/ACTION
17:29:17 [Zakim]
-josb
17:29:30 [Zakim]
-AlexKozlenkov
17:29:42 [agiurca]
Review on Ferbruary 23
17:30:17 [AxelPolleres]
(can you tell the action numbers and whether they are done/continued?)
17:30:40 [Harold]
Sandro, if you do a wiki-tr update, could you also fix __underlines__ ?
17:30:45 [ChrisW]
action: sandro to check duplication problem in UCR draft
17:30:45 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-233 - Check duplication problem in UCR draft [on Sandro Hawke - due 2007-02-27].
17:31:15 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION 228 [done]
17:31:44 [AxelPolleres]
csma: encourage all to check the wiki pager from action 228.
17:31:49 [sandro]
I'll try, Harold. (I'm out sick, but will try to find some concentration time.)
17:31:58 [AxelPolleres]
continued. working ont it!
17:32:18 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION 227 [continued]
17:32:35 [AxelPolleres]
csma: AOB... no. Good bye!
17:32:38 [Zakim]
-PaulVincent
17:32:41 [Zakim]
-Harold
17:32:42 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
17:32:43 [Zakim]
-Deborah_Nichols
17:32:43 [johnhall]
johnhall has left #rif
17:32:44 [Zakim]
-Allen_Ginsberg
17:32:44 [Zakim]
-MichaelKifer
17:32:44 [agiurca]
-agiurca
17:32:46 [Zakim]
-Leora_Morgenstern
17:32:46 [Zakim]
-Dave_Reynolds
17:32:49 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:32:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/20-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
17:32:50 [Zakim]
-Hassan_Ait-Kaci
17:32:54 [Zakim]
-agiurca
17:32:57 [Zakim]
-johnhall
17:34:05 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:34:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, ChrisW, Sandro, Axel_Polleres
17:36:17 [Zakim]
-Axel_Polleres
17:37:24 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has left #rif
17:37:28 [Zakim]
-Sandro
17:37:29 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
17:37:31 [Zakim]
-csma
17:37:32 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
17:37:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were csma, Harold, Dave_Reynolds, agiurca, Leora_Morgenstern, Hassan_Ait-Kaci, ChrisW, josb, AlexKozlenkov, Mike_Dean, Sandro, Axel_Polleres, PaulaP, Allen_Ginsberg,
17:37:36 [Zakim]
... PaulVincent, Gary_Hallmark, +1.203.539.aabb, SaidTabet, johnhall, Deborah_Nichols, +1.775.242.aacc, MichaelKifer
17:38:06 [ChrisW]
Regrets: IgorMozetic, DavidHirtle, JeffPan, MichaelSintek, MarkusKrötzsch
17:38:24 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:38:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/20-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
17:38:38 [ChrisW]
ok, axel, give it a minute or two and it shoudl be ready
17:38:54 [ChrisW]
you know you have the final version if it has the attendee and regrets list
17:45:37 [csma]
csma has left #rif