IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-02-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:57:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-irc
19:57:51 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:58:25 [MichaelC]
meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
19:58:34 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
19:58:57 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JanMar/0091.html
19:59:12 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly -final
19:59:27 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:15 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:00:16 [MichaelC]
regrets: Sorcha_Moore
20:00:20 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
20:00:34 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:00:36 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:41 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:53 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:54 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPCaller is David_MacDonald
20:00:54 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
20:01:07 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:01:07 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:01:29 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:49 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:39 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:03:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:03:10 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:03:14 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller is Bengt_Farre
20:03:14 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:04:03 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:25 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aaaa
20:04:31 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:07 [MichaelC]
zakim, +7.971 is Sean_Hayes
20:05:07 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:05:12 [bengt]
lokal number
20:06:11 [Zakim]
+??P17
20:06:24 [Zakim]
+??P16
20:06:26 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P17 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:06:26 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:06:30 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:39 [rellero_]
10 01zakim, ??P16 is Roberto_Ellero
20:06:49 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
20:06:49 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:06:54 [ben_]
ben_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:05 [rellero_]
zakim, ??P16 is Roberto_Ellero
20:07:05 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:07:14 [rellero_]
zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:07:14 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:08:03 [MichaelC]
scribe: Christophe_Strobbe
20:08:32 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:08:42 [MichaelC]
take up item 1
20:09:25 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Team C Proposals for 8 February 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070208-teamc/results>
20:09:47 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Team B Survey for 15 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb20070215/results>
20:10:14 [MichaelC]
agenda+ 15 February 2007 Level Change Proposals <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2007feb15levels/results>
20:11:42 [MichaelC]
Keyword report: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/issue-tracking/keyword_report.php
20:13:34 [Zakim]
+??P18
20:13:50 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P18 is Cynthia_Shelly
20:13:50 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:14:01 [MichaelC]
scribe: MichaelC
20:14:20 [MichaelC]
gv: much progress on issues - see how much shorter the keyword report is http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/issue-tracking/keyword_report.php
20:15:24 [MichaelC]
... need to document rationales
20:15:41 [MichaelC]
lgr: working on closing issues asap
20:16:02 [MichaelC]
... have some difficult issues that we might not be able to resolve, and should defer to future version
20:16:33 [MichaelC]
... while we have small number of issues remaining, they're the most difficult ones; they won't get easier for waiting so we've gotta push
20:16:46 [MichaelC]
de: some too important to push off
20:17:13 [MichaelC]
cs: thought we weren't doing WCAG 3
20:18:38 [MichaelC]
gv: need to achieve consensus on these issues, delay when absolutely necessary
20:19:06 [MichaelC]
lgr: some problems we don't know how to solve, e.g., cognitive, think better to deal with them later than hold WCAG 2 open
20:20:01 [MichaelC]
gv: and technologies may evolve in ways we can't predict
20:21:14 [Andi]
q+
20:24:30 [Andi]
ack a
20:25:26 [Christophe]
scribe: Christophe_Strobbe
20:25:43 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
20:25:43 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team C Proposals for 8 February 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070208-teamc/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:26:09 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:26:32 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-764: whitespace alt
20:26:36 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:26:56 [MichaelC]
scribe: Christophe
20:27:15 [Christophe]
Resolution: LC-764 closed with unanimous consent
20:27:43 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1169: pausing vs stopping
20:29:52 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
20:29:52 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
20:30:33 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
20:30:33 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
20:30:38 [David_MacDonald]
q+
20:30:58 [Gregg]
ack d
20:33:17 [Christophe]
Resolution: leave LC-1169 open
20:33:27 [David_MacDonald]
zakim. mute me
20:33:34 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
20:33:34 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
20:34:36 [Christophe]
ACTION: Andi to create wording that requires restart only for non-decorative content (issue LC-1169)
20:35:01 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1238: Unable to reach mechanism to stop time limit in time
20:43:53 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
20:43:53 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
20:44:41 [Christophe]
Resolution: close issue LC-1238 by not adding the failure and by adding the phrase "before encountering it" to the first two bullets of SC 2.2.1
20:45:39 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1078
20:52:09 [Christophe]
ACTION: David to incorporate comments from survey.
20:52:55 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
20:52:55 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team B Survey for 15 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb20070215/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:53:27 [Christophe]
Topic: SC 1.4.5, SC 1.4.6: scale down as well as up
20:58:01 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:53 [Christophe]
Resolution: accept as proposed
21:02:07 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:02:27 [Christophe]
Action: Gregg and Sean to discuss 1.4..6 regarding proposal to remove it
21:02:55 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-1040 and LC-1249: Conformance scoping
21:04:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:04:08 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
21:04:08 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
21:04:09 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:04:42 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
21:06:29 [ben_]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:06:41 [Zakim]
ben_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Alex_Li (89%)
21:08:35 [luca]
luca has joined #wai-wcag
21:09:46 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:10:52 [Christophe]
Resolution: accept LC-1040 and LC-1249 as ammended
21:11:13 [Christophe]
Topic: LC-692: testing methodology
21:13:44 [Christophe]
Resolution: close LC-692 as ammended
21:14:21 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
21:14:21 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "15 February 2007 Level Change Proposals <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2007feb15levels/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:14:47 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:14:57 [Christophe]
Topic: SC 1.2.1, SC 1.2.2 (captions and audio descriptions)
21:15:29 [Christophe]
... LC-1283 and LC-1332
21:21:35 [Andi]
ack d
21:31:10 [Zakim]
-Luca_Mascaro
21:32:01 [luca]
luca has joined #wai-wcag
21:33:51 [Gregg]
ack c
21:34:01 [Zakim]
+??P0
21:34:29 [luca]
Zakim, ?P0 is luca
21:34:29 [Zakim]
sorry, luca, I do not recognize a party named '?P0'
21:34:50 [luca]
Zakim, ??P0 is luca
21:34:50 [Zakim]
+luca; got it
21:34:57 [luca]
Zakim, mute me
21:34:57 [Zakim]
luca should now be muted
21:36:26 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
21:36:30 [Gregg]
ack cyn
21:37:07 [Loretta]
q+
21:38:16 [Gregg]
ack l
21:39:10 [Gregg]
ack b
21:39:14 [Gregg]
q+
21:40:04 [Gregg]
ack g
21:40:08 [Gregg]
ack c
21:41:04 [Andi]
action: Sean and Loretta to check on technical feasibility of doing captions internationally
21:41:37 [Gregg]
ack j
21:43:45 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:46:20 [Zakim]
-luca
21:47:30 [Andi]
resolution: close Issue 886, Issue 892 as proposed which is no change
21:51:46 [Andi]
resolution: accept 1077 as amended - keep 1.2.7 at Level 3
21:52:32 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:54:44 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:55:11 [Loretta]
q
21:55:46 [Andi]
resolution: accept 1234 as amended
22:06:34 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:12:15 [Andi]
action: John, Loretta, and Makoto to revisit 680 and 1083 (1.3.5) to address Sean's comment
22:13:20 [Andi]
topic: GL 1.4
22:13:55 [MichaelC]
yes
22:22:02 [Gregg]
ack j
22:24:26 [Andi]
q+
22:24:56 [Gregg]
ack a
22:27:36 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:28:40 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:32:21 [Andi]
resolution: no level change on 1.4.1, 1.4.3, and 1.4.4
22:33:15 [Andi]
action: Loretta, Sean, and John to work on 1.4.2 to address the Flash scenario John raised
22:33:42 [Andi]
topic: SC 2.3.2
22:34:23 [Andi]
resolution: accept 1049 as amended - no level change to 2.3.2
22:34:48 [Andi]
topic: SC 2.4.3
22:36:28 [Gregg]
ack j
22:41:23 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:45:38 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:47:22 [Gregg]
ack d
22:48:04 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:48:56 [Andi]
q+
22:51:07 [Gregg]
ack a
22:53:40 [Gregg]
ack j
22:55:01 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
23:03:16 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:10:11 [MichaelC]
present: David_MacDonald, Andi_Snow-Weaver, John_Slatin, Don_Evans, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sofia_Celic, Bengt_Farre, Christophe_Strobbe, Sean_Hayes, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Roberto_Ellero, Cynthia_Shelly, Tim_Boland, Alex_Li, Makoto_Ueki, Becky_Gibson, Luca_Mascaro, Bruce_Bailey
23:11:21 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:11:22 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
23:11:24 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
23:11:26 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:11:27 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:11:28 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:11:29 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
23:11:29 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:11:30 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:11:31 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
23:11:33 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:11:34 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:11:36 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:11:37 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:11:42 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:11:43 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:11:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were John_Slatin, Don_Evans, Cooper, David_MacDonald, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sofia_Celic, Christophe_Strobbe, Bengt_Farre, +7.971.aaaa, Sean_Hayes,
23:11:49 [ben_]
ben_ has left #wai-wcag
23:11:50 [Zakim]
... Ben_Caldwell, Roberto_Ellero, Cynthia_Shelly, Tim_Boland, Alex_Li, Becky_Gibson, Makoto_Ueki, Luca_Mascaro, Bruce_Bailey, luca
23:12:02 [jslatin]
quit
23:12:03 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
23:12:04 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:12:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
23:12:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:12:15 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andi to create wording that requires restart only for non-decorative content (issue LC-1169) [1]
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-irc#T20-34-36
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to incorporate comments from survey. [2]
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-irc#T20-52-09
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg and Sean to discuss 1.4..6 regarding proposal to remove it [3]
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-irc#T21-02-27
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean and Loretta to check on technical feasibility of doing captions internationally [4]
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-irc#T21-41-04
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: John, Loretta, and Makoto to revisit 680 and 1083 (1.3.5) to address Sean's comment [5]
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-irc#T22-12-15
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta, Sean, and John to work on 1.4.2 to address the Flash scenario John raised [6]
23:12:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-irc#T22-33-15