IRC log of mmsem on 2007-02-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:46:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
16:46:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-irc
16:46:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mmsem
16:47:09 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, bookmark
16:47:09 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-irc#T16-47-09
16:47:25 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, what conference is this?
16:47:25 [Zakim]
no conference has been selected, mhausenblas
16:47:45 [mhausenblas]
zakim, list conferences
16:47:45 [Zakim]
I see WAI_Team()10:45AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM active
16:47:47 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are INC_MMSEM()12:00PM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM
16:48:20 [mhausenblas]
zakim, this is INC_MMSEM()
16:48:20 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be INC_MMSEM()".
16:48:34 [mhausenblas]
zakim, this will be INC_MMSEM()
16:48:34 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas; I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
16:49:15 [mhausenblas]
Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 15-02-2007, 17:00 UTC
16:49:23 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Feb/0024.html
16:50:28 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Raphael
16:54:31 [alessio]
alessio has joined #mmsem
16:55:08 [alessio]
hallo michael, hallo all
16:57:14 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has now started
16:57:17 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mmsem
16:57:22 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
16:57:33 [alessio]
hi raphael
16:58:01 [TobiasBuerger]
TobiasBuerger has joined #mmsem
16:58:43 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:58:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:58:59 [Zakim]
+ +49.861.209.aaaa
16:59:25 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is on the call?
16:59:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, +49.861.209.aaaa
16:59:37 [TobiasBuerger]
Zakim, aaaa is me
16:59:38 [Zakim]
+TobiasBuerger; got it
17:00:29 [Zakim]
+??P5
17:00:49 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:01:07 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aabb
17:01:13 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #mmsem
17:01:19 [ocelma]
ocelma has joined #mmsem
17:01:20 [Zakim]
+raphael
17:01:31 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
17:01:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, ??P5, +0329331aabb, raphael
17:01:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ocelma, cgi-irc, TobiasBuerger, raphael, alessio, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas
17:02:14 [mhausenblas]
Present: Raphael Troncy, Alessio Cartocci, Tobias Bürger, Stamatia Dasiopoulou, Oscar Celma, Michael Hausenblas
17:02:24 [zeljko]
zeljko has joined #mmsem
17:02:31 [raphael]
zakim, aabb is Gaetan_Chris
17:02:31 [Zakim]
+Gaetan_Chris; got it
17:02:43 [Zakim]
+??P9
17:02:44 [mhausenblas]
present+ Zeljko Obrenovic
17:02:57 [Zakim]
+??P12
17:03:02 [mhausenblas]
Regrets: Christian Halaschek-Wiener, Ioannis Pratikakis, Sofia Tsekeridou, Ovidio Salvetti, Erik Mannens, Pasquale Popolizio, Roberto Ellero, Jeff Pan, Vassilis Tzouvaras, Susanne Boll, George Anadiotis, Thomas Franz
17:03:07 [raphael]
zakim, P9 is Oscar
17:03:07 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named 'P9'
17:03:07 [Melli]
Melli has joined #mmsem
17:03:11 [raphael]
zakim, ??P9 is Oscar
17:03:11 [Zakim]
+Oscar; got it
17:03:22 [mhausenblas]
present+ Melliyal Annamalai
17:03:28 [Zakim]
+??P13
17:03:34 [raphael]
zakim, ??P12 is Melli
17:03:34 [Zakim]
+Melli; got it
17:03:35 [Chris_Gaetan]
Chris_Gaetan has joined #mmsem
17:03:47 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
17:03:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, ??P5, Gaetan_Chris, raphael, Oscar, Melli, ??P13
17:03:50 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Chris_Gaetan, Melli, zeljko, ocelma, cgi-irc, TobiasBuerger, raphael, alessio, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas
17:03:57 [raphael]
zakim, ??P13 is Zeljko
17:03:57 [Zakim]
+Zeljko; got it
17:04:03 [raphael]
zakim, which noise
17:04:03 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'which noise', raphael
17:04:06 [raphael]
zakim, which noise?
17:04:06 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
17:04:12 [raphael]
zakim, whos is making noise?
17:04:12 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, raphael.
17:04:17 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise?
17:04:30 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who's talking?
17:04:31 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 8 (14%), mhausenblas (16%), raphael (19%), Gaetan_Chris (28%), Oscar (14%), Zeljko (9%)
17:04:45 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 8 (27%), mhausenblas (36%), raphael (14%), Gaetan_Chris (8%), Oscar (49%)
17:04:50 [raphael]
zakim, mute Gaetan_Chris
17:04:50 [Zakim]
Gaetan_Chris should now be muted
17:05:12 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
17:05:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, ??P5, Gaetan_Chris (muted), raphael, Oscar, Melli, Zeljko
17:05:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Chris_Gaetan, Melli, zeljko, ocelma, cgi-irc, TobiasBuerger, raphael, alessio, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas
17:05:57 [raphael]
zakim, ??P5 is Stamatia
17:05:57 [Zakim]
+Stamatia; got it
17:06:21 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is cgi-irc?
17:06:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, mhausenblas.
17:06:38 [mhausenblas]
ScribeNick: mhausenblas
17:06:54 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
17:07:09 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 1st February 2007 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html
17:07:11 [mhausenblas]
+1
17:07:22 [mhausenblas]
ACCEPTED
17:07:38 [mhausenblas]
Poll to have a telecon next week: 22th February 2007
17:08:09 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Who can make it - we have to push the work
17:08:43 [mhausenblas]
Oscar can make
17:08:52 [mhausenblas]
Tobias can make it
17:09:10 [Chris_Gaetan]
Chris_Gaetan can make it
17:09:27 [alessio]
I can, also
17:09:32 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: next telecon Mar 1#
17:09:43 [mhausenblas]
s/1#/1
17:09:49 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 2. Semantic Web Coordination Group Telecon (09/02/2007)
17:09:55 [mhausenblas]
See our slides: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/talks/SWCG2007/
17:09:59 [mhausenblas]
Telecon minutes (members only): http://www.w3.org/2007/02/09-swcg-minutes.html
17:11:27 [mhausenblas]
Raphael reports on the SWCG meeting
17:11:39 [mhausenblas]
q+ to ask for further plans
17:12:09 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?year=2006&uimode=filter&filter=Filter+pubrules&filterValues=form&docstatus=xgr#sample-template
17:13:07 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Future of group by the two chairs
17:13:28 [mhausenblas]
... Jeff proposed to go for WG directly
17:13:53 [mhausenblas]
... Raphael thinks some further research is needed
17:13:59 [mhausenblas]
... wait one more year
17:14:15 [mhausenblas]
... SWCG ack the two versions
17:14:29 [mhausenblas]
... third scenario: split XG efforts
17:14:38 [mhausenblas]
... or IG
17:15:10 [mhausenblas]
... will discuss further when Jeff is back
17:15:24 [mhausenblas]
... still we have to find concensus
17:15:39 [mhausenblas]
POLL for future of group
17:15:47 [raphael]
zakim, ack michael
17:15:47 [Zakim]
I see mhausenblas on the speaker queue
17:15:53 [raphael]
zakim, ack mhausenblas
17:15:53 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to ask for further plans
17:15:54 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
17:16:23 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/groups.html#good-standing
17:16:31 [raphael]
michael: concern about the lot of regrets we have
17:17:19 [raphael]
... uncontrolled growing
17:17:35 [raphael]
... perhaps split into 2 XGs
17:18:30 [mhausenblas]
Michael adds we need to keep the momentum
17:19:29 [raphael]
Oscar: wait for one year doing research or go for an XG ?
17:19:44 [raphael]
michael: fear to lose people during this blank year
17:20:04 [raphael]
Oscar: I think it is too early
17:20:34 [ocelma]
I'm up to "Raphael option": wait one year more
17:20:46 [mhausenblas]
Tobias: Support both Oscar and Michael
17:21:11 [mhausenblas]
... go for another XG
17:21:31 [mhausenblas]
... taking EU research projects experienes into account
17:21:45 [mhausenblas]
Stamatia: to early to go for WG
17:21:46 [raphael]
Stamatia: i fully agree that it is too early
17:24:20 [mhausenblas]
Melli: Need more feedback from other W3C WG
17:24:38 [alessio]
yes, unfortunetly
17:24:44 [alessio]
i have a proxy
17:25:11 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: WG membership req about 20% time resources for this
17:25:15 [alessio]
as usual on the afternoon :(
17:26:31 [raphael]
Zakim, unmute Chris_Gaetan
17:26:32 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not know which phone connection belongs to Chris_Gaetan
17:26:40 [raphael]
Zakim, unmute Gaetan_Chris
17:26:40 [Zakim]
Gaetan_Chris should no longer be muted
17:26:53 [mhausenblas]
present+ Gaetan_Chris
17:27:38 [mhausenblas]
Gaetan_Chris: spliting up into XG is no good option
17:27:51 [mhausenblas]
... don't wait for another year
17:28:34 [mhausenblas]
... does this XG close?
17:29:01 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Yes, this on will close on XXX
17:29:36 [mhausenblas]
s/XXX/1 May 2007
17:29:42 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 3. LINKS Pages
17:29:55 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/deliverables/vocabularies.html
17:30:07 [raphael]
not ready for review yet ...
17:30:50 [raphael]
... available hopefully by next Monday
17:31:06 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies
17:31:16 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:31:23 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
17:31:27 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:31:51 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?year=2006&uimode=filter&filter=Filter+pubrules&filterValues=form&docstatus=xgr#sample-template
17:32:22 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Zeljko to maintain the Resources/Tools page see: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources
17:32:34 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:34:16 [mhausenblas]
Zeljko: Restructured a lot and added stuff - all are invited to review
17:34:36 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Maybe change to tables
17:36:01 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is talking?
17:36:16 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: mhausenblas (0%), Oscar (10%)
17:36:43 [mhausenblas]
Oscar: Should contact authors of tools to get status
17:37:05 [raphael]
s/Oscar/Zeljko
17:37:39 [ocelma]
Well, I can contact the Audio ones. No problem, I know them!
17:38:10 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:38:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
17:39:11 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable
17:39:20 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
17:39:23 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:39:28 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-image-annotation/
17:40:15 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Pub request upcoming
17:40:22 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5. Interoperability Deliverable
17:40:28 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)
17:40:36 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Vassilis update the structure of the deliverable and fill it in a XG report template, HTML document in our W3C space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
17:40:41 [mhausenblas]
-- done
17:41:11 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Jeff and Vasilis will continue on the Wiki
17:41:26 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
17:42:14 [mhausenblas]
Oscar: UC focuses on navigation through music space via /facet
17:43:23 [raphael]
q+ on formats used
17:43:29 [mhausenblas]
... query for song and get playlist
17:43:36 [raphael]
q+ to ask on formats used
17:44:08 [mhausenblas]
... work on RDF2ID3 converter
17:44:09 [ocelma]
Music Ontology:
17:44:13 [ocelma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies#head-c63c0a04d77106d69e58c69bf890898a5d858ebf
17:44:17 [ocelma]
http://pingthesemanticweb.com/ontology/mo/
17:44:44 [mhausenblas]
Oscar: Important ontology
17:44:48 [mhausenblas]
ack raphael
17:44:48 [Zakim]
raphael, you wanted to ask on formats used
17:45:07 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Know the work of YYYY
17:45:16 [ocelma]
facet meets foafing the music:
17:45:19 [raphael]
s/YYYY/Yves_Raimond
17:45:20 [ocelma]
http://slashfacet.semanticweb.org/music/facet
17:45:48 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: What formats are supported?
17:46:37 [mhausenblas]
Oscar: Extend basic ID3 with low-level feature concepts
17:46:51 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: How about MPEG-7?
17:47:22 [mhausenblas]
Oscar: Could be done with MPEG-72OWL schema converter
17:47:56 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:47:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
17:48:17 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
17:48:27 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:48:33 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Paola to provide a possible B2B scenario [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
17:48:37 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:48:41 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
17:48:49 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop deliverable till 7 Feb [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
17:48:53 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:49:28 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: We have a clear idea what will be in there + additional AC
17:49:37 [mhausenblas]
... will be ready be next telecon
17:49:46 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik ?)
17:50:10 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: They send status + I will see her next week
17:50:17 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael to bug Susanne about status [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
17:50:19 [mhausenblas]
-- done
17:50:25 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
17:50:27 [mhausenblas]
-- done
17:50:36 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
17:50:41 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:50:48 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
17:50:57 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio)
17:51:25 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Vassilis to contact Massimo to ask for next steps
17:51:31 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Sophia to find and send a documentation about an application toolbox where the user can select some algorithm to do feature extraction on music [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
17:51:36 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:51:41 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC till next AC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action19]
17:51:44 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:51:49 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis)
17:51:53 [raphael]
update: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Feb/0036.html
17:52:08 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 6. MPEG-7 Deliverable (10')
17:52:21 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-mpeg7/
17:53:20 [mhausenblas]
q+ to ask why he does not contribute to this deliverable any more :(
17:54:27 [mhausenblas]
ACTION Raphael to enable CVS account for Oscar
17:54:30 [TobiasBuerger]
One comment: I also might have lost my edit-rights in the WIKI...
17:54:53 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: To invite Chrisa as invited expert
17:55:06 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Oscar
17:55:57 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/WorkingGroup
17:56:45 [ocelma]
that the content of the wiki: [wiki:TobiasBurger Tobias Bürger]
17:57:45 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael to enable CVS account for Suzanne Little
17:57:54 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael Stamatia to start work on MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
17:57:56 [mhausenblas]
-- done
17:58:04 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Vassilis to contact Chrisa to find out how she can contribute w.r.t. MPEG-7 deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action22]
17:58:07 [mhausenblas]
-- done
17:59:11 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon
17:59:33 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 7. AOB
17:59:44 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:59:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
18:00:02 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: We have to get UC and deliverables in good shape
18:00:17 [Zakim]
-Melli
18:00:19 [Zakim]
-Gaetan_Chris
18:00:20 [Zakim]
-Zeljko
18:00:20 [Zakim]
-Oscar
18:00:22 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
18:00:23 [Zakim]
-Stamatia
18:00:24 [Zakim]
-TobiasBuerger
18:00:29 [Zakim]
-raphael
18:00:30 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
18:00:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were mhausenblas, +49.861.209.aaaa, TobiasBuerger, +0329331aabb, raphael, Gaetan_Chris, Oscar, Melli, Zeljko, Stamatia
18:00:36 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:02:13 [raphael]
:-)
18:02:15 [raphael]
bye
18:03:07 [alessio]
bye
19:53:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mmsem