IRC log of rif on 2007-02-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:19:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
15:19:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-rif-irc
15:20:34 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #rif
15:20:59 [ChrisW]
zakim, this will be rif
15:20:59 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisW; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 40 minutes
15:21:21 [ChrisW]
Meeting: RIF Telecon 06 Feb 07
15:21:37 [ChrisW]
Chair: Christian de Sainte Marie
15:22:18 [ChrisW]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0005.html
15:22:34 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has changed the topic to: 6 Feb RIF agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0005.html
15:22:47 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:22:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
15:23:26 [ChrisW]
zakim, clear agenda
15:23:26 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
15:23:34 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Admin
15:23:41 [ChrisW]
agenda+ F2F
15:23:45 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Liason
15:23:50 [ChrisW]
agenda+ UCR
15:23:58 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Technical Design
15:24:04 [ChrisW]
agenda+ RIFRAF
15:24:09 [ChrisW]
agenda+ AOB
15:47:34 [Harold]
Harold has joined #rif
15:50:28 [AlexKozlenkov]
AlexKozlenkov has joined #rif
15:51:15 [patranja]
patranja has joined #rif
15:54:04 [igor]
igor has joined #rif
15:54:18 [Hassan]
Hassan has joined #rif
15:56:38 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
15:56:38 [csma]
csma has joined #rif
15:56:45 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:56:57 [igor]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
15:56:57 [Zakim]
+igor; got it
15:57:34 [igor]
is there anything new with the phone and/or zakim?
15:57:41 [igor]
I cannot hear anything
15:57:56 [ChrisW]
you are the only one there
15:58:03 [DavidHirtle]
DavidHirtle has joined #rif
15:58:26 [Zakim]
+??P6
15:58:35 [ChrisW]
igor, can you scribe today?
15:58:41 [igor]
yes
15:58:50 [ChrisW]
thanks!
15:59:09 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:59:22 [csma]
zakim, ??P6 is me
15:59:22 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
15:59:53 [ChrisW]
scribenick: igor
16:00:05 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:00:11 [ChrisW]
Scribe: Igor Mozetic
16:00:13 [Zakim]
+??P8
16:00:18 [agiurca]
agiurca has joined #rif
16:00:36 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
16:00:36 [csma]
zakim, who is speaking?
16:00:45 [ChrisW]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
16:00:45 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
16:00:56 [Zakim]
csma, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 5 (41%), [IBM] (21%), igor (43%), csma (17%), ??P8 (60%)
16:01:01 [Zakim]
+[LMU]
16:01:02 [StellaMitchell]
StellaMitchell has joined #rif
16:01:25 [ChrisW]
zakim, ??p8 is Hassan
16:01:25 [Zakim]
+Hassan; got it
16:01:35 [csma]
ack IP
16:01:39 [ChrisW]
ack
16:01:42 [igor]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0005.html
16:01:46 [AllenGinsberg]
AllenGinsberg has joined #rif
16:01:46 [ChrisW]
ack [
16:01:49 [ChrisW]
ack ?
16:01:50 [csma]
ack [IP
16:01:57 [csma]
ack ??
16:02:04 [Zakim]
+agiurca
16:02:06 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:02:08 [Zakim]
+Sandro
16:02:11 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #rif
16:02:12 [AlexKozlenkov]
zakim, IPCaller is me
16:02:16 [Zakim]
+Leora_Morgenstern
16:02:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see igor, csma, ChrisW, DavidHirtle, Hassan, PaulaP (muted), Sandro, agiurca, Leora_Morgenstern
16:02:19 [agiurca]
zakim, mute me
16:02:24 [Zakim]
sorry, AlexKozlenkov, I do not recognize a party named 'IPCaller'
16:02:26 [Zakim]
agiurca should now be muted
16:02:28 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
16:02:29 [igor]
zakim, mute me
16:02:30 [Hassan]
q
16:02:32 [Zakim]
+Allen_Ginsberg
16:02:32 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, please mute me
16:02:34 [Zakim]
igor should now be muted
16:02:36 [Zakim]
Leora_Morgenstern should now be muted
16:02:39 [Harold]
Zakim, [NRCC] is me.
16:02:39 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
16:02:44 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:02:58 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, mute me
16:02:58 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should now be muted
16:02:59 [StellaMitchell]
zakim, [ibm] is temporarily me
16:02:59 [Zakim]
+StellaMitchell; got it
16:03:06 [Zakim]
-csma
16:03:11 [JeffP]
JeffP has joined #rif
16:03:26 [Zakim]
+??P42
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+??P38
16:03:29 [Zakim]
+Dave_Reynolds (was ??P42)
16:03:52 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:03:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see igor (muted), ChrisW, DavidHirtle, Hassan (muted), PaulaP (muted), Sandro (muted), agiurca (muted), Leora_Morgenstern (muted), Harold, Allen_Ginsberg (muted),
16:03:57 [Zakim]
... StellaMitchell (muted), Dave_Reynolds, ??P38
16:03:58 [Zakim]
-??P38
16:04:05 [Zakim]
+??P9
16:04:16 [csma]
zakim, ??P9 is me
16:04:16 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
16:04:39 [Zakim]
+??P12
16:04:45 [AlexKozlenkov]
zakim, ??P12 is me
16:04:48 [Zakim]
+AlexKozlenkov; got it
16:04:53 [AlexKozlenkov]
zakim, mute me
16:04:59 [Zakim]
AlexKozlenkov should now be muted
16:05:13 [MoZ]
Zakim, what is the code ?
16:05:13 [Zakim]
the conference code is 74394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), MoZ
16:05:26 [igor]
TOPIC: Admin
16:05:33 [Zakim]
+Jeff_Pan
16:05:35 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:05:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:05:45 [AlexKozlenkov]
44 is UK
16:05:49 [JeffP]
+44 is UK
16:06:01 [Zakim]
+MoZ
16:06:23 [AlexKozlenkov]
Thanks for the UK bridge
16:06:30 [igor]
calls from nonUS: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Feb/0007.html
16:07:03 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: accept Jan 30 minutes
16:07:11 [igor]
RESOLUTION: approve minutes from Jan. 30 telecom
16:07:24 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
16:07:46 [ChrisW]
sandro, i did an "/invite rifbot #rif" is that right?
16:08:12 [JeffP]
earlier in Europe I guess
16:09:36 [igor]
RESOLVED: March 13 and 20 telecom will be at 4pm CET time
16:09:59 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:09:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "F2F" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:10:09 [igor]
TOPIC: F2F
16:10:18 [AllenGinsberg]
done
16:10:27 [AllenGinsberg]
yes
16:10:31 [AllenGinsberg]
yes
16:10:51 [ChrisW]
action-214 done
16:10:55 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, unmute me
16:10:55 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should no longer be muted
16:12:25 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, mute me
16:12:25 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should now be muted
16:12:32 [igor]
TOPIC: Liaisons
16:12:39 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:12:39 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Liason" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:13:20 [ChrisW]
13 people have responded that they are attending the f2f
16:13:40 [igor]
csma: do we need a liaison with BRL?
16:14:11 [csma]
s/BRL/XBRL/
16:15:49 [Harold]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBRL
16:16:06 [Zakim]
+Gerd_Wagner
16:16:07 [igor]
csma: PRR is different from XBRL
16:16:36 [agiurca]
XBRL represents financial vocabularies
16:17:25 [GerdWagner]
GerdWagner has joined #rif
16:17:26 [Harold]
Christian, Said Tabet is interested in XBRL; could you ask him?
16:17:30 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:17:30 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "UCR" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:17:32 [igor]
TOPIC: UCR
16:17:42 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, unmute me
16:17:42 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should no longer be muted
16:17:50 [GerdWagner]
zakim, mute me
16:17:50 [Zakim]
Gerd_Wagner should now be muted
16:18:19 [csma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/5
16:19:26 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Close Issue-5
16:19:28 [PaulaP]
I've also modified use case 2 based on Dave's comments
16:19:43 [ChrisW]
and thank you DaveR for the comments
16:19:48 [mdean]
mdean has joined #rif
16:20:26 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
16:21:52 [ChrisW]
Action: Allen to add conclusion/summary to UCR
16:21:52 [trackbot]
Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel
16:23:16 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Close Issue-7
16:23:47 [MichaelKifer]
MichaelKifer has joined #rif
16:24:10 [igor]
csma: we need 2-3 reviewers for UCR WD3 before F2F
16:24:17 [ChrisW]
zakikm, who is here?
16:24:23 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is here?
16:24:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see igor (muted), ChrisW, DavidHirtle, Hassan (muted), PaulaP (muted), Sandro (muted), agiurca (muted), Leora_Morgenstern (muted), Harold, Allen_Ginsberg,
16:24:26 [Zakim]
... StellaMitchell (muted), Dave_Reynolds, csma, AlexKozlenkov (muted), Jeff_Pan, MoZ, Gary_Hallmark, Gerd_Wagner (muted), Mike_Dean
16:24:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see MichaelKifer, mdean, GerdWagner, JeffP, DaveReynolds, AllenGinsberg, StellaMitchell, LeoraMorgenstern, agiurca, DavidHirtle, csma, Hassan, igor, PaulaP, AlexKozlenkov,
16:24:32 [Zakim]
... Harold, trackbot, RRSAgent, ChrisW, Zakim, MoZ
16:24:35 [ChrisW]
zakim, pick a victim
16:24:35 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose csma
16:24:39 [ChrisW]
zakim, pick a victim
16:24:40 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose ChrisW
16:24:43 [ChrisW]
zakim, pick a victim
16:24:43 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Hassan (muted)
16:24:46 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
16:24:47 [agiurca]
I can do it
16:25:08 [ChrisW]
zakim, pick a victim
16:25:08 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose MoZ
16:25:18 [igor]
agiurca: reviewer no.1
16:25:28 [ChrisW]
zakim, pick a victim
16:25:28 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose DavidHirtle
16:25:30 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
16:25:31 [ChrisW]
zakim, pick a victim
16:25:31 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Leora_Morgenstern (muted)
16:25:37 [LeoraMorgenstern]
yes
16:25:42 [igor]
Moz: reviewer no.2
16:25:48 [LeoraMorgenstern]
yes, I'll be there
16:25:55 [igor]
LeoraMorgenstern: reviewer no.3
16:26:07 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Okay.
16:26:12 [GaryHallmark]
GaryHallmark has joined #rif
16:26:43 [Zakim]
+Michael_Kifer
16:26:55 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:26:55 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should now be muted
16:26:56 [igor]
ChrisW: reviewers should send comments to the whole list before F2F
16:27:46 [csma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/FrontPage?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=EditorsWD-rif-ucr-20070201.html
16:28:10 [igor]
TOPIC: Technical Design
16:28:10 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, mute me
16:28:10 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should now be muted
16:28:19 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:28:19 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Technical Design" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:29:22 [igor]
csma: what to say about OWL and RDF compatibility?
16:30:32 [igor]
ChrisW: we have to say something, even if it is a placeholder
16:30:38 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:30:38 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should no longer be muted
16:31:04 [Zakim]
-Sandro
16:31:17 [Harold]
OWL placeholder: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/A.5_Extension%3A_Ontology_Conditions
16:31:18 [igor]
MichaelKifer: proposes just sections/placeholder in WD1
16:31:30 [Zakim]
+Sandro
16:31:38 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:31:38 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should now be muted
16:32:05 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: 1st CORE WD will have sections titled "OWL Compatibility" and "RDF COmpatibility"
16:32:07 [igor]
Sandro: doesn't object
16:32:37 [ChrisW]
harold, can you take an action to do that
16:32:52 [igor]
csma: what to say about ASN06 and abstract syntax?
16:32:57 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:32:57 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should no longer be muted
16:33:02 [Harold]
Chris, Yes.
16:33:05 [MichaelKifer]
q+
16:33:42 [Harold]
Chris, it's sections *titled* ...
16:34:17 [igor]
MichaelKifer: if we use BNF we have to say something about abstract syntax
16:34:30 [Harold]
Michael, we called the BNF syntax Human Readable syntax.
16:34:39 [Hassan]
q+
16:34:46 [ChrisW]
ack mich
16:34:49 [Harold]
This is different from Sandro's Abstract syntax.
16:34:49 [csma]
ack michael
16:35:03 [csma]
ack hassan
16:35:44 [Harold]
Sandro's Abstract syntax really is an OO Abstract model.
16:35:50 [igor]
Hassan: why another formalism like ASN06?
16:37:55 [igor]
... we need flexible tools to move from surface syntax to abstract syntax
16:39:14 [sandro]
sandro has joined #rif
16:39:28 [igor]
csma: BNF syntaxt is specific to Hron logic and rules
16:39:44 [MoZ]
S/Hron/Horn/
16:39:54 [MoZ]
s/Hron/Horn/
16:39:55 [csma]
q?
16:40:06 [Harold]
Christian, for Phase 1 we want to use Horn.
16:40:33 [Zakim]
+Sandro.a
16:40:43 [Zakim]
-Sandro
16:40:54 [igor]
csma: ASN06 will specify the abstract syntaxt, and XML the concrete one
16:40:59 [sandro]
Zakim, Sandro.a is Sandro
16:40:59 [Zakim]
+Sandro; got it
16:41:11 [sandro]
q?
16:41:18 [Harold]
So, an extensible BNF syntax for Horn is what we want as the Human Readable syntax.
16:41:31 [GaryHallmark]
I as an implementer want an XML schema for RIF. Where does that come from?
16:41:49 [sandro]
GaryHallmark, that's generated by software from the asn06 file.
16:41:54 [agiurca]
schema can be generated from asn06
16:42:12 [igor]
csma: distinguish between using ASN06 and BNF in WD1
16:42:17 [ChrisW]
q+
16:42:20 [Hassan]
q-
16:42:43 [igor]
csma: we need at least one in WD1
16:42:45 [csma]
ack chrisw
16:42:51 [DaveReynolds]
q+
16:43:14 [igor]
csma: what is normative syntaxt is another question
16:43:36 [Harold]
OWL also has a Human Readable syntax.
16:43:58 [igor]
MichaelKifer: proposes to use BNF in WD1
16:44:34 [Harold]
We wanted to be compatible with OWL, so we developed a very similar one, which has been in the Core since its beginning.
16:44:53 [Harold]
We need it for specifying the semantics.
16:44:56 [csma]
ack dave
16:45:02 [MichaelKifer]
q-
16:45:07 [igor]
ChrisW: we add a clear statement that BNF is not normative
16:45:08 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:45:08 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should now be muted
16:45:40 [MichaelKifer]
q+
16:46:08 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:46:08 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should no longer be muted
16:46:14 [csma]
ack michael
16:46:28 [igor]
DaveReynolds:
16:47:21 [igor]
MichaelKifer: in a few days there will be a stable version of WD1
16:47:24 [ChrisW]
q+
16:47:31 [Hassan]
q+
16:47:50 [AlexKozlenkov]
Does anyone have a good reference for asn06 apart from the RIF WIKI?
16:47:52 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rif
16:47:57 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:47:57 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should now be muted
16:48:02 [csma]
ack chrisw
16:48:06 [igor]
MichaelKifer: ASN06 can be added during or after F2F
16:48:06 [MichaelKifer]
q-
16:48:40 [AxelPolleres]
will just stay on IRC for a while to check what's going on...
16:49:26 [igor]
Harold: fully striped XML is equivalent to ASN06
16:49:56 [igor]
Sandro: turing BNF into ASN06 is not hard
16:50:09 [igor]
s/turing/turning
16:50:21 [igor]
s/turing/turning/
16:51:07 [csma]
ack hassan
16:53:06 [sandro]
Sandro: To hide the fact that we don't have a metamodel we really like for the Core, by leaving out the asn06, isn't an approach I like.
16:53:40 [igor]
csma: we need a description of ASN06 in WD1
16:53:43 [AlexKozlenkov]
As I asked above, does Sandro have a good reference?
16:54:27 [sandro]
ChrisW: what about using a UML diagram, instead of asn06 ?
16:54:34 [igor]
ChrisW: proposes to add a UML diagram into WD1 as a metamodel for RIF
16:55:16 [sandro]
+1 get formalizing asn06 out of the critical path for WD1
16:55:53 [igor]
csma: provide UML diagram, use BNF, no ASN06, and
16:56:03 [igor]
... make it clear that it is not normative
16:56:12 [DaveReynolds]
q+
16:56:33 [csma]
ack dave
16:56:37 [igor]
Sandro: keep "no ASN06" out of the resolution
16:56:53 [Harold]
DaveR, BNF is needed for the semantics spec.
16:57:04 [igor]
DaveReynolds: what BNF, it might be misleading
16:57:10 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:57:10 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should no longer be muted
16:57:13 [igor]
s/what/why/
16:57:17 [Hassan]
q+
16:58:15 [igor]
MichaelKifer: BNF has a long tradition in mathematics
16:58:39 [igor]
ChrisW: agrees with Michael
16:58:44 [AlexKozlenkov]
I don't think UML is enough, it's just a graphical notation unless MOF is brought into it.
16:58:46 [csma]
ack hassan
16:59:11 [GerdWagner]
Alex, they mean MOF/UML when saying "UML"
16:59:23 [Harold]
Example for the use of BNF syntax in semantics: I |= head :- body
16:59:37 [AlexKozlenkov]
GW: they were suggesting using diagrams
16:59:54 [Harold]
Another one: We define I |= Q head :- body iff I* |= head :- body for every I* that agrees with I everywhere except possibly on some variables mentioned in Q.
17:00:32 [igor]
MichaelKifer: BNF cannot be avoided if we want to provide semantics
17:00:44 [igor]
... if we want readability
17:00:49 [csma]
q?
17:01:08 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
17:01:08 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should now be muted
17:01:27 [igor]
csma: don't remove the BNF from WD1
17:01:40 [ChrisW]
proposed: 1st WD will include a UML diagram, and a clearly labelled non-normative BNF, for the syntax
17:01:43 [PaulaP]
+1 to stay with the BNF syntax for the 1st WD
17:01:59 [igor]
DaveReynolds: objects to using BNF
17:02:18 [agiurca]
+1 to include an UML diagram
17:02:26 [DaveReynolds]
igor: I said I "would not object"
17:02:46 [GerdWagner]
zakim, unmute me
17:02:46 [Zakim]
Gerd_Wagner should no longer be muted
17:02:50 [AlexKozlenkov]
Gerd, could you please clarify?
17:03:00 [igor]
DaveReynolds: said he would _not_ object to BNF
17:03:23 [ChrisW]
proposed: 1st WD will include a MOF-UML diagram, and a clearly labelled non-normative BNF, for the syntax
17:03:28 [sandro]
BNF should be labelled not just non-normative but "not reviewed by WG"
17:03:45 [Harold]
Christian, I can translate the asn06 model to MOF/UML.
17:04:05 [GerdWagner]
zakim, mute me
17:04:05 [Zakim]
Gerd_Wagner should now be muted
17:04:14 [igor]
Sandro: BNF was not reviewed by the RIF group and is not endorsed
17:04:22 [Harold]
(But Sandro could soon do automatically?)
17:04:53 [AlexKozlenkov]
But all the examples using BNF would then become "not reviewed by WG"?
17:04:59 [igor]
... and this should be clearly stated in WD1
17:05:11 [sandro]
"The Working Group has not considered the design of the language exprssed in this BNF. It is just a pedagogical tool. The serialization itself has not in any way been endorsed by the working group as a language for expressing rules"
17:05:49 [sandro]
"for illustration purposes only"
17:06:35 [Harold]
Christian, there are no commas!
17:06:45 [Harold]
We use OWL's language.
17:07:11 [Harold]
OWL uses a Lisp-like space-separated language.
17:07:21 [Zakim]
-MoZ
17:07:39 [Hassan]
+1 to proposed resolution above
17:07:43 [ChrisW]
proposed: 1st WD will include a MOF-UML diagram, and a BNF (clearly labelled as non-normative and illustrative only) , for the syntax
17:07:52 [sandro]
Proposed: WD1 will include a MOF UML diagram and a BNF clearly labeles as non-normative and for illustration purposes only.
17:08:00 [AlexKozlenkov]
MOF then becomes normative
17:09:41 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
17:09:41 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should no longer be muted
17:09:47 [MichaelKifer]
q+
17:09:57 [csma]
ack michael
17:10:05 [igor]
Harold: objects to have BNF labeled as non-normative
17:10:39 [MichaelKifer]
q-
17:10:44 [igor]
MichaelKifer: agrees with Harold since we are too far from the final document
17:10:57 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
17:10:57 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should now be muted
17:11:15 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
17:11:15 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should no longer be muted
17:11:32 [ChrisW]
proposed: 1st WD will include a MOF-UML diagram, and a BNF, for the syntax (clearly labelled as illustrative only)
17:11:39 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
17:11:39 [Zakim]
Michael_Kifer should now be muted
17:12:32 [Harold]
proposed: 1st WD will include a MOF-UML diagram, and a BNF, for the syntax (clearly labelled for illustration/explanation purposes only)
17:12:45 [igor]
csma: both MOF/UMP and BNF (or any) amy disapear in the future
17:12:55 [igor]
s/UMP/UML/
17:13:04 [igor]
s/amy/may/
17:13:19 [AlexKozlenkov]
no comma before "and a BNF"
17:13:22 [PaulaP]
+1
17:13:31 [Hassan]
+1
17:14:13 [Harold]
proposed: 1st WD will include a MOF-UML diagram and a BNF, for the syntax (clearly labelled for illustration/explanation purposes only).
17:14:26 [AllenGinsberg]
should say "clearly labelled as being for..."
17:15:13 [sandro]
trackbot, help
17:15:13 [trackbot]
See http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/ for help (use the IRC bot link)
17:16:21 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
17:16:21 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "RIFRAF" taken up [from ChrisW]
17:16:40 [rifbot]
rifbot has joined #rif
17:16:41 [rifbot]
Tracking ISSUEs and ACTIONs from http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/
17:17:02 [igor]
csma: we need 2-3 reviewers of WD1 within one week
17:17:06 [ChrisW]
Resolved: 1st WD will include a MOF-UML diagram, and a BNF, for the syntax (clearly labelled as for illustration/explanation purposes only)
17:17:15 [sandro]
trackbot, bye
17:17:15 [trackbot]
trackbot has left #rif
17:17:25 [AllenGinsberg]
lef out "being" in the resolution
17:17:38 [AllenGinsberg]
I will
17:17:42 [ChrisW]
action: Harold to add placeholder sections each for OWL and RDF compatibilty
17:17:43 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-216 - Add placeholder sections each for OWL and RDF compatibilty [on Harold Boley - due 2007-02-13].
17:17:46 [igor]
csma: reviewer no.1 is JosB
17:18:24 [igor]
mdean: reviewer no.2 by next Tue
17:18:43 [sandro]
Reviews of http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Core due by next week
17:18:53 [AllenGinsberg]
yes
17:18:57 [sandro]
reviewers: JosDB, MikeDean, AllenGinsberg
17:19:05 [ChrisW]
action: Harold to draft caveat emptor section for syntax in core
17:19:05 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-217 - Draft caveat emptor section for syntax in core [on Harold Boley - due 2007-02-13].
17:19:06 [igor]
AllenGinsberg: reviewer no.3
17:19:34 [ChrisW]
action: jos de bruijn to review CORE WD by next week
17:19:34 [rifbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - jos
17:19:34 [rifbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. jdebruij, jderoo)
17:19:44 [Harold]
q+
17:19:45 [ChrisW]
action: jos_de_bruijn to review CORE WD by next week
17:19:45 [rifbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - jos_de_bruijn
17:19:48 [igor]
csma: stripe-skipping in WD1
17:19:53 [csma]
ack harold
17:19:58 [ChrisW]
rifbot, help
17:19:58 [rifbot]
See http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/ for help (use the IRC bot link)
17:20:19 [igor]
Harold: current WD is stripe-skipped with one exception
17:20:51 [ChrisW]
action: jdebruij to review CORE WD by next week
17:20:51 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-218 - Review CORE WD by next week [on Jos de Bruijn - due 2007-02-13].
17:21:13 [ChrisW]
action: Allen to review CORE WD by next week
17:21:14 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-219 - Review CORE WD by next week [on Allen Ginsberg - due 2007-02-13].
17:21:29 [ChrisW]
action: Mike to review CORE WD by next week
17:21:29 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-220 - Review CORE WD by next week [on Mike Dean - due 2007-02-13].
17:21:30 [igor]
Harold: there will be XML examples in WD1 (for illustration)
17:22:01 [ChrisW]
action: Leora to review UCR WD by Feb 26
17:22:01 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-221 - Review UCR WD by Feb 26 [on Leora Morgenstern - due 2007-02-13].
17:22:22 [ChrisW]
action: Adrian to review UCR WD due Feb 23
17:22:22 [rifbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Adrian
17:22:49 [igor]
csma: the WD1 will contain XML examples (stripe-skipped) and labeled for illustration only
17:22:55 [ChrisW]
sandro, adrian is not in the action tracker
17:23:19 [igor]
proposed: the WD1 will contain XML examples (stripe-skipped) and labeled for illustration only
17:23:22 [ChrisW]
action: Mohamed to review UCR WD due Feb 23
17:23:22 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-222 - Review UCR WD due Feb 23 [on Mohamed ZERGAOUI - due 2007-02-13].
17:23:24 [PaulaP]
+1
17:23:38 [igor]
resolved: the WD1 will contain XML examples (stripe-skipped) and labeled for illustration only
17:24:13 [ChrisW]
action: harold to clearly label XML stripe-skipped examples as for illustration purposes only
17:24:13 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-223 - Clearly label XML stripe-skipped examples as for illustration purposes only [on Harold Boley - due 2007-02-13].
17:24:22 [agiurca]
ChrisW: Adrian is agiurca
17:24:40 [igor]
TOPIC: RIFRAF
17:24:43 [ChrisW]
action: agiurca to review UCR WD due Feb 23
17:24:43 [rifbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - agiurca
17:24:47 [ChrisW]
Sandro?
17:25:08 [LeoraMorgenstern]
nothing to report
17:25:17 [ChrisW]
adrian is not in the tracker
17:25:24 [igor]
csma: no updates
17:25:43 [igor]
TOPIC: AOB
17:25:49 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, unmute me
17:25:49 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should no longer be muted
17:25:59 [igor]
Harold: F2F with afternoon for demos
17:26:04 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
17:26:04 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "AOB" taken up [from ChrisW]
17:26:05 [sandro]
(two different databases)
17:26:47 [igor]
Harold: when does the next F2F finish?
17:26:54 [GaryHallmark]
what the demo?
17:27:56 [igor]
ChrisW: next F2F will finish at 3pm
17:29:48 [igor]
csma: agenda for F2F should be defined by Feb 10
17:30:47 [sandro]
ChrisW, sorry, I'm not going to be able to get Adrian in Tracker right now.
17:31:07 [ChrisW]
can i give you an action?
17:31:31 [sandro]
Sure, give me an action to give Adrian the action.
17:31:46 [ChrisW]
action: sandro to add adrian to the tracker and give him the UCR review action due: Feb 23
17:31:46 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-224 - Add adrian to the tracker and give him the UCR review action due: Feb 23 [on Sandro Hawke - due 2007-02-13].
17:31:55 [igor]
csma: one (maybe two) demos at next F2F
17:32:02 [Harold]
What about demos by Sandro and Hassan?
17:32:10 [ChrisW]
+1
17:32:12 [JeffP]
+1
17:32:13 [Zakim]
-AlexKozlenkov
17:32:14 [PaulaP]
+1
17:32:19 [Zakim]
-StellaMitchell
17:32:20 [Zakim]
-Dave_Reynolds
17:32:20 [igor]
adjourned
17:32:21 [Zakim]
-PaulaP
17:32:21 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, mute me
17:32:22 [Zakim]
-Michael_Kifer
17:32:23 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
17:32:25 [Zakim]
-DavidHirtle
17:32:26 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:32:27 [Zakim]
-Jeff_Pan
17:32:28 [sandro]
Good idea, Harold. Hrml.
17:32:28 [Zakim]
Allen_Ginsberg should now be muted
17:32:29 [Zakim]
-Hassan
17:32:30 [Zakim]
-Allen_Ginsberg
17:32:31 [igor]
zakim, unmute me
17:32:31 [Zakim]
-Harold
17:32:32 [Zakim]
igor should no longer be muted
17:32:36 [Zakim]
-Leora_Morgenstern
17:32:56 [Zakim]
-Sandro
17:33:05 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
17:33:07 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:33:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
17:34:54 [Zakim]
-igor
17:35:26 [ChrisW]
Regrets: FrançoisBry JosDeBruijn AxelPolleres PaulVincent MichaelSintek
17:36:15 [Zakim]
-Gerd_Wagner
17:36:17 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
17:36:19 [Zakim]
-csma
17:36:23 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:36:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
17:36:26 [agiurca]
-agiurca
17:36:34 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:36:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see agiurca
17:36:38 [Zakim]
-agiurca
17:36:39 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
17:36:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were igor, csma, DavidHirtle, ChrisW, PaulaP, Hassan, agiurca, Sandro, Leora_Morgenstern, Allen_Ginsberg, Harold, StellaMitchell, Dave_Reynolds, AlexKozlenkov, Jeff_Pan,
17:36:42 [Zakim]
... MoZ, Gary_Hallmark, Gerd_Wagner, Mike_Dean, Michael_Kifer
17:36:56 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:36:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/02/06-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
17:37:53 [ChrisW]
OK, igor, the minutes are ready
17:38:19 [igor]
ok, thanks
17:39:03 [csma]
csma has left #rif
19:50:17 [MoZ]
MoZ has joined #rif