IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-02-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:02:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-irc
20:02:29 [ben_]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
20:02:32 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:35 [ben_]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:02:44 [ben_]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:02:44 [Zakim]
ok, ben_; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 2 minutes ago
20:02:52 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:02:52 [ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:02:53 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:09 [ben_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JanMar/0054.html
20:03:13 [Zakim]
+??P15
20:03:14 [Zakim]
-??P15
20:03:15 [Zakim]
+??P15
20:03:15 [ben_]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:25 [ben_]
zakim, ??P15 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:03:25 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:03:28 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:03:34 [ben_]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:03:40 [ben_]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:03:46 [ben_]
agenda+ Team B Survey for 25 January <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb012507/results>
20:03:52 [ben_]
agenda+ Team C Survey for 01 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070201-teamc/results>
20:03:58 [ben_]
agenda+ Team B Survey for 01 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb20070201/results>
20:04:06 [ben_]
agenda+ Conformance Survey for 01 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070201conformance/results>
20:04:19 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:04:32 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:54 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
20:06:23 [ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:06:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Bruce_Bailey, Christophe_Strobbe, John_Slatin
20:06:25 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:06:35 [bengt]
zakim, ??P3 is Bengt_Farre
20:06:35 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:08:52 [Zakim]
+Don
20:09:33 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:09:33 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from ben_]
20:09:38 [ben_]
scribe: jslatin
20:09:40 [jslatin]
topic: team b survey january 25
20:09:45 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
20:09:46 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:09:47 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:09:48 [Zakim]
2. Team B Survey for 25 January <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb012507/results> [from ben_]
20:09:48 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:09:48 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Team B Survey for 25 January <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb012507/results>" taken up [from ben_]
20:09:57 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
20:10:17 [jslatin]
topic: LC 465 et al.
20:10:59 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:11:14 [rellero]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
20:11:14 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:11:27 [rellero]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
20:11:27 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:13:58 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
20:15:37 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
20:19:03 [Gregg]
ack j
20:20:23 [Loretta]
q+
20:20:35 [Zakim]
+??P25
20:20:44 [Gregg]
ack b
20:20:47 [ben_]
q+
20:22:18 [Gregg]
ack l
20:23:23 [Gregg]
ack b
20:26:46 [becka11y]
q+
20:27:02 [Gregg]
ack b
20:29:23 [Gregg]
ack j
20:32:52 [Gregg]
ack j
20:35:36 [Gregg]
ack b
20:38:10 [jslatin]
action: andi, alex, ben, gregg, john to work on "same page"/"same URI" issue for alternative versions
20:38:59 [jslatin]
resolution: LC 465 et al. referred back to TeamB
20:39:12 [jslatin]
topic: LC 985
20:40:04 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
20:40:04 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
20:42:30 [jslatin]
resolution: accept LC 985 as amended
20:43:00 [jslatin]
topic: 643
20:44:59 [ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone>?
20:44:59 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, ben_.
20:45:04 [ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:45:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Bruce_Bailey, Christophe_Strobbe (muted), John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Don, Roberto_Ellero (muted), Becky_Gibson, ??P25
20:46:07 [jslatin]
resolution: accept LC 643 as amended
20:46:47 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
20:46:47 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
20:46:52 [jslatin]
topic: LC 1192
20:48:40 [jslatin]
resolution: accept LC 1192 as amended (add "knowing the" to 3.1.6)
20:48:56 [jslatin]
topic: LC 913 and 1260
20:52:00 [Gregg]
ack ??
20:52:03 [ben_]
zakim, ??P25 is Cynthia_Shelly
20:52:03 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:52:04 [Gregg]
ack j
20:59:56 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:01:36 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:56 [jslatin]
resolution: Accept 913 and 1260 as amended
21:02:29 [jslatin]
topic: 711, 916 983 1193
21:02:31 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:05:44 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:06:22 [Gregg]
ack j
21:07:53 [ben_]
scribe: ben
21:08:27 [ben_]
accept LC-711, Issue LC-916, Issue LC-983, and Issue LC-1193 as ammended
21:08:33 [ben_]
scribe: ben_
21:08:44 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
21:08:44 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
21:08:45 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:08:46 [Zakim]
3. Team C Survey for 01 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070201-teamc/results> [from ben_]
21:08:50 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:08:50 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Team C Survey for 01 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070201-teamc/results>" taken up [from ben_]
21:09:59 [David]
For all non-text content at least one of the following is true:
21:10:01 [David]
21:10:02 [David]
For non-text content that presents information:
21:10:04 [David]
21:10:05 [David]
-- if the information can be presented in text, then text alternatives
21:10:07 [David]
present the same information as the non-text content.
21:10:08 [David]
21:10:10 [David]
--if the content is multimedia, live audio-only or live video-only content, or if the content that is primarily intended to create a specific sensory
21:10:11 [David]
experience, then text alternatives at least identify the non-text content with a descriptive text label.
21:10:13 [David]
21:10:15 [David]
--if the information cannot be presented in text or if the non-text
21:10:16 [David]
content accepts user input, then:
21:10:18 [David]
21:10:19 [David]
a) If the non-text content is a test or exercise that must be presented
21:10:21 [David]
in non-text format, then text alternatives at least identify the
21:10:22 [David]
non-text content with a descriptive text label. In addition, if the
21:10:24 [David]
purpose of the test is to confirm that content is being operated by a
21:10:25 [David]
person rather than a computer, then multiple versions are provided to
21:10:27 [David]
accommodate multiple different disabilities.
21:10:29 [David]
21:10:31 [David]
b) otherwise text alternatives at least identify the purpose of the
21:10:33 [David]
non-text content.
21:10:35 [David]
21:10:37 [David]
For non-text content that does not present information (decorative, formatting, invisible), text alternatives communicate to assistive technology that the content should not be rendered.
21:10:41 [David]
21:10:51 [ben_]
Topic: 958: Proposed reword of 1.1.1
21:14:03 [ben_]
Resolution: back to Team C to consider survey comments and related issues (738, 956, 1281, 1524, 1506, 801, 1282, 800 and 1155)
21:14:33 [ben_]
Topic: 1171: L3 SC to avoid errors
21:19:10 [ben_]
Resolution: accept 1171 as ammended
21:21:55 [ben_]
Topic: 1207: Applicability to future technologies
21:22:37 [Gregg]
ack c
21:24:06 [ben_]
ack Cyn
21:24:19 [ben_]
ack John
21:24:38 [Gregg]
ack a
21:26:07 [becka11y]
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/complete.html#overview-design-principles
21:28:03 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:28:54 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:29:04 [ben_]
Resolution: accept 1207 as ammended, revise sentence to read, "The goal of this approach makes it possible to apply WCAG 2.0 to a variety of situations and technologies, including those that do not yet exist."
21:29:34 [ben_]
Topic: 1525: Web safe colors
21:29:58 [ben_]
Resolution: accepted by unanimous consent
21:30:50 [ben_]
Topic: Revised intent for 1.3
21:31:11 [David]
q+
21:31:38 [ben_]
Resolution: accept as ammended (remove adv tech "Providing resizable text")
21:32:26 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
21:32:26 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, ben_
21:32:40 [ben_]
ack David
21:32:48 [ben_]
zakim, close this item
21:32:48 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
21:32:49 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:32:50 [Zakim]
4. Team B Survey for 01 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb20070201/results> [from ben_]
21:32:54 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
21:32:56 [ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 5
21:32:56 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Conformance Survey for 01 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070201conformance/results>" taken up [from ben_]
21:33:17 [ben_]
Topic: SC 1.4.5: How to Meet Success Criterion 1.4.5
21:34:48 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:35:21 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:36:51 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:38:50 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:39:48 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:42:59 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:43:36 [Loretta]
q+
21:44:02 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:46:26 [Gregg]
ack l
21:47:57 [becka11y]
q+
21:48:57 [Gregg]
#2 using a technology that has common user agents that support ZOOM.
21:49:02 [Gregg]
ack t
21:49:30 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
21:49:35 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:51:04 [Gregg]
ack b
21:54:06 [Zakim]
-Don
22:00:41 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:02:08 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:02:15 [Gregg]
ack j
22:06:59 [Gregg]
using a technology that has common user agents that support ZOOM.
22:09:33 [Gregg]
using a technology that has commonly available user agents that support ZOOM.
22:14:38 [ben_]
action: Michael, Cynthia, Ben, Tim to consider comments on 1.4.5 item 1 and all of its techniques and to straighten out the logic of the sufficient techniques section.
22:16:47 [ben_]
Resolution: refer HTM 1.4.5 to task force
22:17:07 [ben_]
Topic: SC 1.4.6: How to Meet Success Criterion 1.4.6
22:29:55 [ben_]
action: same committee (Michael, Cynthia, Ben and Tim) to look at 1.4.6 for common issues with 1.4.5
22:30:35 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:30:43 [ben_]
Topic: Technique: Using percent for font sizes
22:32:18 [Gregg]
ack j
22:34:26 [ben_]
Resolution: Accept technique as amended.
22:34:45 [ben_]
Topic: Technique: Using named font sizes
22:39:37 [ben_]
Resolution: accept technique, removing HTML from applicability and HTML example from Examples section (as edited)
22:40:30 [ben_]
Topic: Technique: Using em units for font sizes
22:41:32 [ben_]
Resolution: accept technique with three editorial suggestions from survey
22:42:10 [ben_]
Resolution: refer Script Technique: Calculating size and position in a way that scales with text size to task force
22:42:24 [ben_]
Topic: General Technique: Ensuring that all content can be scaled uniformly
22:42:45 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:46:16 [bengt]
depeds on where the comma is ?
22:47:18 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #wai-wcag
22:47:41 [Zakim]
+Cooper
22:47:47 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:52:17 [ben_]
action: Loretta and Sofia to discuss "down to 50%"
22:56:09 [bruce]
bruce has joined #wai-wcag
22:58:18 [ben_]
action: Ben and Gregg to look at Ensuring that all content can be scaled uniformly
23:02:33 [ben_]
Topic: Failure: Failure when resizing visually rendered text up to 200 per cent causes the text to be clipped, truncated or obscured
23:03:33 [David]
scribe: David
23:05:25 [David]
resolution: accept 619
23:06:06 [ben]
ben has joined #wai-wcag
23:06:15 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
23:07:54 [David]
reolution: accept unanimous 832, 836, 859, 963
23:08:25 [David]
resolution: accept unanimous 832, 836, 859, 963
23:10:06 [David]
s/963/
23:11:03 [David]
resolution: accept 963, 1208 as amended with David's response
23:11:48 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:11:49 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:11:58 [bruce]
zakim who is here
23:11:59 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:12:00 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:12:00 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:12:06 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:12:10 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:12:12 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
23:12:26 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:12:27 [David]
resolution: accept 1442, 1535, 1562 unanimous
23:12:47 [David]
that
23:13:23 [bruce]
Zakim, who is here
23:13:23 [Zakim]
bruce, you need to end that query with '?'
23:13:31 [ben]
zakim, close that item
23:13:31 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close that item', ben
23:13:34 [bruce]
?Zakim, who is here
23:13:37 [ben]
zakim, close this item
23:13:37 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
23:13:38 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
23:13:40 [Zakim]
4. Team B Survey for 01 February <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb20070201/results> [from ben_]
23:13:48 [ben]
Present: Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Bruce_Bailey, Christophe_Strobbe, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Don_Evans, Roberto_Ellero, Becky_Gibson, Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald, Tim_Boland, Alex_Li, Michael_Cooper
23:14:43 [bruce]
zakim, who is here?
23:14:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald
23:14:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ben, bruce, MichaelC, becka11y, Gregg, RRSAgent, Zakim, Loretta
23:14:56 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
23:15:08 [ben]
Zakim, bye
23:15:08 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_and_Ben, Bruce_Bailey, Christophe_Strobbe, John_Slatin, Bengt_Farre, Don, Roberto_Ellero, Becky_Gibson,
23:15:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:15:11 [Zakim]
... Cynthia_Shelly, David_MacDonald, Tim_Boland, Alex_Li, Michael_Cooper, Cooper
23:15:13 [ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: andi, alex, ben, gregg, john to work on "same page"/"same URI" issue for alternative versions [1]
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-irc#T20-38-10
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael, Cynthia, Ben, Tim to consider comments on 1.4.5 item 1 and all of its techniques and to straighten out the logic of the sufficient techniques section. [2]
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-irc#T22-14-38
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: same committee (Michael, Cynthia, Ben and Tim) to look at 1.4.6 for common issues with 1.4.5 [3]
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-irc#T22-29-55
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta and Sofia to discuss "down to 50%" [4]
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-irc#T22-52-17
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben and Gregg to look at Ensuring that all content can be scaled uniformly [5]
23:15:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-irc#T22-58-18