IRC log of tsdtf on 2007-01-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:19:56 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
13:19:56 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-tsdtf-irc
13:20:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
13:20:14 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsd
13:20:14 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
13:20:20 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
13:20:30 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Christophe
13:20:36 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
13:20:42 [shadi]
scribenick: shadi
13:20:56 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Jan/0026.html
13:21:13 [shadi]
agenda+ Report on WAI Testing Meeting
13:21:36 [shadi]
agenda+ Report on first F2F of Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working
13:21:36 [shadi]
Group
13:21:53 [shadi]
agenda+ TSD TF Wiki
13:22:04 [shadi]
agenda+ Locations in TCDL
13:22:11 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #tsdtf
13:24:35 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has joined #tsdtf
13:30:10 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #tsdtf
13:31:05 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
13:31:12 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
13:31:17 [Zakim]
+encarna
13:31:59 [Christophe]
Zakim, encarna is CarlosI
13:31:59 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
13:32:37 [Zakim]
+Vangelis_Karkaletsis
13:32:40 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:34:32 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
13:35:38 [Zakim]
+thomas
13:35:59 [Christophe]
Zakim, thomas is CarlosV
13:35:59 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
13:36:42 [shadi]
agenda?
13:37:03 [shadi]
regrets: Daniela
13:37:35 [shadi]
regrets: Daniela, Michael
13:37:56 [CarlosV]
regrets: Tim
13:38:08 [shadi]
regrets: Daniela, Michael, Tim
13:38:55 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:38:55 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Report on WAI Testing Meeting" taken up [from shadi]
13:39:34 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/wai-testing
13:39:45 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/24-wai-testing-minutes
13:40:01 [shadi]
CS: joint meeting of several WAI groups on testing
13:40:16 [shadi]
...talked about a joint test repository
13:40:30 [shadi]
...identified some common needs accross the groups
13:40:59 [shadi]
...resources in each of the WGs are limited
13:41:16 [shadi]
CV: was it only WAI WGs?
13:41:31 [shadi]
CS: yes, only WAI WGs at this specific meetings
13:47:07 [shadi]
SAZ: started off with a broad discussion on testing to identify comonalities and differences
13:47:40 [shadi]
...different WAI WGs are at different stages with the Rec docs so different levels of committment towrds testing
13:48:11 [shadi]
...also different perspectives and aspects of what a test is between authoring tools, user agents, and content
13:49:08 [shadi]
...a common repository to store different kinds of tests seems to be the least common dinominator
13:49:31 [shadi]
...this may in fact be a W3C-wide issue and we need to pursue different approaches
13:49:57 [shadi]
SAZ: next steps are to generate a "white paper" or similar from the meeting results and present to WAI
13:50:14 [shadi]
...will go to the WAI Coordination Group and other groups to gather input
13:50:41 [shadi]
...in parrallel need to pursue other options such as open source tools or contributions
13:52:04 [shadi]
SAZ: it seems that MWI folks may in fact have similar needs for repository infrastructure
13:52:47 [shadi]
CS: also presented TCDL to the caucus
13:53:47 [shadi]
CV: nobody wanted TCDL as RDF?
13:54:12 [shadi]
CS: it did come up how test descriptions could be expressed as RDF
13:54:56 [shadi]
...and that it would be useful to have such descriptions using semantic web technologies
13:56:04 [shadi]
SAZ: no immediate results except to identify some of the differences
13:56:35 [shadi]
...that the WGs are at different stages and so more central coordination is needed rather than at the WG levels right now
13:57:32 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
13:57:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Report on WAI Testing Meeting, closed
13:57:33 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:57:34 [Zakim]
2. Report on first F2F of Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working [from shadi]
13:57:43 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:57:43 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Report on first F2F of Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working" taken up [from shadi]
13:58:03 [shadi]
CS: MWI have a "Test Suites WG" rather than a TF
13:58:22 [shadi]
...this was their first meeting
13:58:45 [shadi]
...the charter is fairly open and the discussion was more about scoping
13:58:59 [shadi]
...for example conformance testing vs interoperability testing
13:59:52 [shadi]
CS: different user agents interpret content differently and the specs may not cover all
14:00:20 [shadi]
...this may be covered in the interoperability testing whereas conformance testing refers to conformance to the spec
14:01:00 [shadi]
CS: WG is also looking for tools such a "test submission system" and a "test result submission system"
14:01:28 [shadi]
...to capture a wide variety of results from different user agents
14:02:04 [shadi]
CS: showed them WCAG techniques submission form
14:02:14 [shadi]
...they may consider this as well as other tools
14:02:36 [shadi]
...they will also look at existing test suites to see what they can reuse
14:03:06 [shadi]
...want to carry out a survey and to see what is there, and what is automated, etc
14:03:35 [shadi]
CS: pointed them to the review process that we have
14:03:56 [shadi]
...also looking for tools to review test cases and for test harness
14:04:56 [shadi]
CV: who are the participants of the WG?
14:05:29 [shadi]
CS: participants from SUN, NIST, and others
14:06:00 [shadi]
...two co-chairs Dominque from W3C and Carmello from NIST
14:07:10 [Christophe]
Minutes of MWI Test Suites WG F2F: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/25-mwts-minutes.html
14:07:49 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/Meetings/Cambridge/agenda^
14:08:18 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/25-mwts-minutes
14:08:38 [shadi]
CS: David Rooks from Segala is also a participant of the WG
14:09:01 [shadi]
SAZ: he is also in ERT WG, he maybe interested in TSD TF as well
14:09:48 [shadi]
CS: most common need seems to be a submission system
14:10:36 [shadi]
CS: i'm on the list but don't know how much time i have to be able to participate
14:10:53 [shadi]
s/the list/the mailing list
14:12:44 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:12:44 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Report on first F2F of Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working, closed
14:12:46 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:12:47 [Zakim]
3. TSD TF Wiki [from shadi]
14:12:55 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:12:55 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "TSD TF Wiki" taken up [from shadi]
14:13:10 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Jan/0025.html
14:13:20 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/
14:13:48 [shadi]
SAZ: Wiki is set up
14:14:13 [shadi]
...everyone needs to create their accounts with a specific format
14:14:27 [shadi]
...acount names must look like FirstnameLastname
14:16:40 [shadi]
CS: Vangelis and myself have accounts, already started to play around
14:18:19 [shadi]
SAZ: next steps are to think about presenting the reviews
14:18:33 [shadi]
...may be good to make use of templates
14:18:51 [shadi]
...for the "structure" and "content" reviews
14:19:03 [shadi]
...and a central page to list the reviews
14:19:21 [shadi]
CS: yes, templates and some sort of a table of the available reviews
14:23:24 [shadi]
[discussion and trials with the Wiki ... create pages, orphan pages, site map, find pages, etc]
14:27:08 [shadi]
action: Vangelis to make an attempt at generating the two templates for the the "structure" and "content" reviews
14:27:43 [shadi]
action: Christophe to make an attempt at generating the central index page to all the currently available reviews
14:28:14 [shadi]
action: Shadi to link the Wiki from the TSD TF home page (and ERT WG home page)
14:30:50 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 3
14:30:50 [Zakim]
agendum 3, TSD TF Wiki, closed
14:30:51 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
14:30:53 [Zakim]
4. Locations in TCDL [from shadi]
14:31:00 [Zakim]
-Vangelis_Karkaletsis
14:31:07 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:31:08 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
14:31:08 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
14:31:10 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
14:31:12 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
14:31:13 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has left #tsdtf
14:31:13 [Zakim]
Attendees were Christophe_Strobbe, CarlosI, Vangelis_Karkaletsis, Shadi, CarlosV
14:31:18 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:31:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
14:31:26 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:31:32 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:31:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
14:31:37 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:31:42 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:31:42 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
14:31:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Vangelis to make an attempt at generating the two templates for the the "structure" and "content" reviews [1]
14:31:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-27-08
14:31:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Christophe to make an attempt at generating the central index page to all the currently available reviews [2]
14:31:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-27-43
14:31:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to link the Wiki from the TSD TF home page (and ERT WG home page) [3]
14:31:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-28-14