IRC log of tagmem on 2007-01-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:35:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
17:35:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-tagmem-irc
17:35:23 [raman]
Minutes: Raman
17:36:11 [raman]
Minutes of last teleconf linked from agenda.
17:36:34 [DanC]
(I have a ride to the airport leaving at T+50min, where T is the start of this call. so partial regrets.)
17:36:37 [raman]
vq; minutes approved
17:38:24 [raman]
Teleconf Scheduling:
17:39:06 [raman]
SW: Possible two open slots Monday 17::00 or Thursday 18:00 for 90 minutes
17:39:59 [raman]
DC prefers Thu SW prefers Mon
17:40:43 [raman]
Call proposed Monday
17:41:03 [ht]
+0
17:42:31 [Rhys]
+1
17:44:03 [raman]
Next meeting: Monday Feb 5.
17:44:11 [raman]
Regular meetings Monday 17:00 UTC
17:44:38 [raman]
ACTION: VQ to set up bridge through Amy
17:45:24 [raman]
Next week scribe: DOrchard
17:46:09 [raman]
VQ: suggest defering discussion on "passwords in the clear" with Ed missing
17:47:03 [ht]
HST will miss the first 45 minutes next week, one-time conflicting appointment
17:48:01 [raman]
HT: Cambridge F2F: tookin action to write on XML Functions
17:48:29 [raman]
Conclusion of the discussion "elaborated infoset"
17:48:41 [raman]
email sent to www-tag by hst summarizing above
17:48:55 [raman]
Consequences: Norm TimBL on the hook to review above
17:49:19 [ht]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/elabInfoset.html
17:49:39 [DanC]
(FYI, the GRDDL WG is still actively discussing this case. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist3#xinclude )
17:50:57 [DanC]
(yup, there are actions on TBL and NW under http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#xmlFunctions-34 )
17:52:15 [DanC]
q+ to point out the 9 Feb SNOFHYP deadline
17:52:34 [ht]
XML2 discussion is at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Jan/0042.html
17:52:48 [DanC]
s/XML2 discussion/XBL2 discussion/ ?
17:53:28 [Vincent]
ack danc
17:53:28 [Zakim]
DanC, you wanted to point out the 9 Feb SNOFHYP deadline
17:53:41 [ht]
s/XML2/XBL2/
17:54:23 [DanC]
9 Feb deadline is re http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xbl-20070117/
17:54:29 [raman]
tvr: consider equilateral triangle xul dom tree of widgets CSS style JS handlers/behavior -- XBL is the centroid of this triangle that holds it together
17:56:28 [timbl]
q+
17:56:54 [Vincent]
ack timbl
17:58:24 [Zakim]
-Stuart
17:58:41 [raman]
TimBL -- there is some unfortunate history in the way semantics is used
18:00:07 [ht]
All the HTML spec says is "The _p_ element represents a paragraph"
18:01:41 [timbl]
The word 'semantic' was used by the SGML community to mean 'a top level heading' rather than '24 point centered bold'.
18:03:30 [timbl]
Macros?
18:03:35 [Rhys]
I believe its been used to bind svg-based widgets to XForms
18:03:38 [ht]
In general, "An SGML application" was defined as the combination of a syntax (expressed via a DTD) and a semantics (defined in prose)
18:04:53 [raman]
tvr: functionaly xbl could be thought of as bringing to xml the expressiveness offered by latex macros
18:05:34 [timbl]
Maybe we should just give each browser an implementation of XISP. -- XMLized LISP. :)
18:05:56 [ht]
... The semantics would be expressed in terms appropriate to the domain, so, for documents, "top-level heading" might be appropriate, and for personnel records, "name", "department", "salary" etc.
18:06:24 [timbl]
The interesting this yes, is if the javascript is progressively thrown awayas the macros become standard and also have higher-level semantics
18:09:59 [DanC]
(hmm... I wonder if the XBL charter notes the relationship with XSLT, or if the XSLT WG is noted as a dependency0
18:10:00 [DanC]
)
18:10:24 [raman]
HT: presently has nothing to propose on behalf of the TAG with respect to XBL 2
18:11:12 [Zakim]
-DanC
18:12:47 [ht]
RRSAgent, make logs world-visible
18:12:56 [ht]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:12:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-tagmem-minutes.html ht
18:13:33 [Zakim]
-Vincent
18:14:37 [Zakim]
-Raman
18:14:39 [Zakim]
-TimBL
18:14:39 [Zakim]
-Ht
18:14:42 [Zakim]
-Rhys
18:14:44 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()12:00PM has ended
18:14:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were Raman, Vincent, Stuart, Ht, Rhys, DanC, TimBL
18:17:25 [timbl]
timbl has left #tagmem
18:20:09 [raman]
raman has left #tagmem
20:09:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem