IRC log of swd on 2007-01-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:30:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swd
15:30:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-swd-irc
15:31:01 [RalphS]
zakim, this will be swd
15:31:01 [Zakim]
ok, RalphS; I see SW_SWD()11:00AM scheduled to start in 29 minutes
15:31:11 [RalphS]
Meeting: SWD WG
15:31:18 [RalphS]
Chair: Tom
15:31:30 [RalphS]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0072.html
15:32:21 [RalphS]
Previous: 2007-01-16 http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-minutes.html
15:32:43 [RalphS]
Boston F2F: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html
15:32:58 [RalphS]
rrsagent, please make record public
15:56:11 [TomB]
TomB has joined #swd
15:56:46 [Zakim]
SW_SWD()11:00AM has now started
15:56:53 [Zakim]
+??P3
15:57:46 [Zakim]
+Ralph
15:58:13 [JonP]
JonP has joined #swd
15:59:19 [Zakim]
+Guus
15:59:40 [berrueta]
berrueta has joined #swd
16:00:33 [Antoine]
Antoine has joined #swd
16:01:30 [Zakim]
+Jon_Phipps
16:01:36 [RalphS]
[I just updated the lists of attendees on the f2f minutes]
16:01:40 [Zakim]
+Bernard_Horan
16:01:42 [Zakim]
-Guus
16:01:59 [Zakim]
+Antoine_Isaac
16:02:03 [RalphS]
Regrets: Alistair, Guus, (at risk:) Sean
16:02:21 [RalphS]
Regrets+ Daniel
16:02:22 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
16:02:34 [berrueta]
Zakim, CarlosI is me
16:02:40 [Zakim]
+berrueta; got it
16:04:07 [JonP]
zakim, Jon_Phipps is me
16:04:07 [Zakim]
+JonP; got it
16:04:46 [RalphS]
agenda+ Admin
16:04:52 [berrueta]
berrueta has joined #swd
16:04:53 [RalphS]
Agenda+ SKOS
16:05:02 [RalphS]
agenda+ Recipes
16:05:10 [RalphS]
agenda+ Vocabulary Management
16:05:17 [RalphS]
agenda+ Semantic Integration
16:05:22 [RalphS]
agenda+ RDFa
16:06:10 [Zakim]
+Ben_Adida
16:06:55 [benadida]
benadida has joined #SWD
16:07:34 [RalphS]
zakim, take up agendum 1
16:07:34 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from RalphS]
16:07:58 [berrueta]
berrueta has joined #swd
16:08:15 [RalphS]
zakim, take up agendum 6
16:08:15 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "RDFa" taken up [from RalphS]
16:09:02 [RalphS]
Tom: agenda records 6 RDFa actions, 5 of which were discussed in yesterday's RDFa TF telecon
16:09:24 [RalphS]
... should we consider those to be tracked in the TF telecon and not track them here also?
16:09:33 [Elisa]
Elisa has joined #swd
16:09:53 [RalphS]
Ben: I don't mind either way, can handle duplication if full WG wants to keep track of progress
16:10:35 [RalphS]
Tom: I'd prefer to report followup to the mailing list and point to the report of the TF telecon in the Tuesday agenda
16:10:38 [Zakim]
+Elisa_Kendall
16:10:54 [RalphS]
... asking the scribe to copy the RDFa actions forward seems like extra work
16:11:52 [RalphS]
... but it's fine to copy all the mail to the mailing list
16:12:23 [RalphS]
... during the WG telecon, just ask Ben to summarize the status
16:12:39 [RalphS]
... Ben can put issues on the agenda if he wishes
16:13:08 [RalphS]
... e.g. if the TF wants to talk about a particular action or issue
16:13:34 [RalphS]
RESOLVED: RDFa actions do not need to be brought up in WG telecon by default
16:14:25 [RalphS]
ACTION: Guus to flag the issue of RDFa REC track on the coordination group [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action03]
16:14:27 [RalphS]
-- continues
16:14:42 [RalphS]
q+
16:14:53 [RalphS]
zakim, list attendees
16:14:53 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been TomB, Ralph, Guus, Bernard_Horan, Antoine_Isaac, berrueta, JonP, Ben_Adida, Elisa_Kendall
16:15:16 [RalphS]
Ben: I've done some editing on the Use Cases based on f2f discussion
16:15:23 [dberrueta]
dberrueta has joined #swd
16:15:24 [RalphS]
... Primer updates still pending
16:15:34 [RalphS]
... would appreciate further feedback from WG this week
16:16:23 [RalphS]
ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe duties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
16:16:27 [RalphS]
-- continues
16:17:15 [RalphS]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-minutes.html accepted as record of 16 January telecon
16:17:23 [RalphS]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html accepted as record of 22 January f2f
16:17:36 [RalphS]
RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html accepted as record of 23 January f2f
16:17:58 [RalphS]
[DONE] ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
16:18:03 [RalphS]
[DONE] ACTION: Daniel will review RDFa. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action08] - see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0071.html
16:18:09 [RalphS]
[DONE] ACTION: RalphS inform group on evening event. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action02] DONE: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0037.html
16:18:15 [RalphS]
[DONE] ACTION: Antoine to post note to list describing how members of WG should prepare for the F2F [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-minutes.html#action03]
16:18:20 [RalphS]
[DONE] ACTION: Daniel to state problem with suggestion of where to look in preparing for this discussion of collecting metadata requirements. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-minutes.html#action04]
16:18:30 [RalphS]
[DONE] ACTION: Everyone should be registered for the F2F by 10 Jan [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action02]
16:18:42 [RalphS]
move to next agendum
16:18:42 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from RalphS]
16:18:50 [RalphS]
close agendum 1
16:18:51 [RalphS]
move to next agendum
16:18:55 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "SKOS" taken up [from RalphS]
16:19:27 [RalphS]
Tom: What is the relation between http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosIssues and http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosIssuesSandbox (both are called "SKOS Issues")?
16:19:45 [RalphS]
Antoine: there were "issues" listed that were not really raised by anyone in particular
16:20:04 [RalphS]
... Alistair is officially still the editor of SkosIssues
16:20:12 [RalphS]
... and Jon has started the wiki issues list
16:20:28 [RalphS]
Jon: I'm interested in using the issue tracker that the RDFa TF has started to use
16:20:34 [benadida]
alright, signing off for now... apologies for the last minute conflict
16:20:42 [RalphS]
... Antoine, Daniel, and I should discuss this first
16:21:07 [Zakim]
-Ben_Adida
16:21:33 [RalphS]
Antoine: the UCR editors don't really "own" the issues list
16:21:45 [benadida]
benadida has left #SWD
16:21:54 [RalphS]
Jon: my understanding was that Alistair was creating a draft issues list, then Antoine picked up that task
16:22:01 [RalphS]
q+
16:22:07 [TomB]
ack RalphS
16:22:16 [RalphS]
Jon: I'm happy for Alistair
16:24:51 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/ issues tracker
16:25:32 [RalphS]
Ralph: the RDFa TF has started to use 'tracker' for its issues
16:26:03 [RalphS]
... I think Guus expressed the opinion to wait and see how that worked out before moving other deliverables into this
16:26:29 [RalphS]
Jon: I'm happy to go either way for the cookbook issues
16:26:48 [RalphS]
Tom: making the switch does require extra work
16:28:27 [RalphS]
Tom: I've added more links to the wiki deliverables page
16:28:34 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables SWD Deliverables
16:28:47 [RalphS]
Tom: I'd like each editor to check before the telecons that the links are current
16:29:44 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Alan write up the preferredLabel modelling issue [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action01]
16:30:22 [RalphS]
Bernard: the name of the item may not be clear to everyone, but the SKOS folk understand
16:30:28 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Antoine to provide more use cases of uses of qualifiers [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]
16:30:34 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Guus to check that this issue of more specialization than broad/narrow is on the issues list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action03]
16:30:42 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Antoine to capture the issue on capturing relationships between labels [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action04]
16:30:50 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Antoine to contact the submittors of #7 to see what they want to use skos for (as opposed to, say, owl) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action05]
16:30:58 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Alistair to summarizes the aspects of semantics of the skos data model [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action06]
16:31:07 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: guus to check with veronique on the terms being outside the iso standard [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action07]
16:31:15 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Alistair to rephrase the old issue of skos/owl-dl coexistence and semantics [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action08]
16:31:24 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Alan to write down the general documentation requirements, in particular to those that are related to literal values, and how to represent that in skos [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09]
16:31:45 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Alistair to update the schedule for SKOS documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action10]
16:31:52 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Alistair to raise a new issue about USE X + Y and USE X OR Y [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action07]
16:32:04 [RalphS]
move to next agendum
16:32:04 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Recipes" taken up [from RalphS]
16:32:34 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes Recipes deliverables
16:33:05 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Jon to update issue list as per resolution of issue 1.1 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action10]
16:33:55 [RalphS]
RESOLVED: Jon may move the Recipes issues list to tracker at his discretion
16:34:13 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Jon to update issue list as per dropping of 1.2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action11]
16:34:20 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Bernard to raise new issue re IE6 hack [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action12]
16:34:34 [RalphS]
[DONE] ACTION: diego to look at IE7 accept headers [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action13]
16:35:06 [RalphS]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0076.html IE7 accept headers [Diego 2007-01-29]
16:35:24 [RalphS]
Diego: IE7 sends the same Accept headers as the previous version
16:35:40 [RalphS]
... so the Recipes document needs to continue to give the IE hack
16:35:50 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to issue 1.3 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
16:35:54 [RalphS]
move to next agendum
16:35:54 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Vocabulary Management" taken up [from RalphS]
16:36:17 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Guus to contact persons working on versioning in Knowledge Web [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action05]
16:36:22 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Elisa to give first overview of what the status of the doc is and add comments and coordinate work on doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action06]
16:36:34 [RalphS]
Elisa: I've started this, may be able to put this on the agenda for next week
16:36:57 [RalphS]
Jon: the MSDL Metadata Registry will be implementing change management and version control next month
16:37:03 [RalphS]
... there will likely be use cases coming from that
16:37:11 [TomB]
s/MSDL/NSDL/
16:37:43 [RalphS]
move to next agendum
16:37:43 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Semantic Integration" taken up [from RalphS]
16:38:01 [RalphS]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: Elisa liaise with Mike Uschold re: Semantic Integration note - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0060.html
16:38:11 [RalphS]
Elisa: I did write to Mike Uschold and Chris Menzel
16:38:35 [RalphS]
... Mike has been doing some work on the editor's draft
16:39:20 [RalphS]
... Mike's response on joining SWD was that he didn't have budget or time
16:39:38 [RalphS]
... Chris is interested, however. He's back at U. Texas, so would need to be an Invited Expert
16:40:10 [RalphS]
ACTION: Tom and Ralph talk with Guus about the Semantic Integration note
16:40:35 [RalphS]
Elisa: I told Chris that if he were to take this task on, I would help him with it
16:41:21 [RalphS]
Ralph: this Note was included in SWD deliverables primarily because Mike wanted it there
16:41:30 [RalphS]
... but I'm encouraged by Elisa's interest
16:42:16 [RalphS]
Elisa: I think Mike would like to see progress on the Note, just that he doesn't have time himself
16:42:42 [RalphS]
s/ [CONTINUES] ACTION: Elisa liaise/ [DONE] ACTION: Elisa liaise/
16:42:47 [RalphS]
close this agendum
16:42:57 [RalphS]
next telecon: Tuesday 6 Feb
16:43:01 [Zakim]
-Bernard_Horan
16:43:08 [Zakim]
-Elisa_Kendall
16:43:15 [RalphS]
[adjourned]
16:43:16 [Zakim]
-berrueta
16:43:22 [Zakim]
-Antoine_Isaac
16:43:31 [Antoine]
Antoine has left #swd
16:46:09 [Zakim]
-Ralph
16:46:13 [Zakim]
-JonP
16:46:40 [RalphS]
zakim, drop tom
16:46:40 [Zakim]
TomB is being disconnected
16:46:41 [Zakim]
SW_SWD()11:00AM has ended
16:46:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were TomB, Ralph, Guus, Bernard_Horan, Antoine_Isaac, berrueta, JonP, Ben_Adida, Elisa_Kendall
16:46:46 [RalphS]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
16:46:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-swd-minutes.html RalphS
16:47:23 [RalphS]
zakim, bye
16:47:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swd
16:48:04 [TomB]
RalphS, are you still there?
16:48:11 [RalphS]
rrsagent, bye
16:48:11 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-swd-actions.rdf :
16:48:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guus to flag the issue of RDFa REC track on the coordination group [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-swd-minutes.html#action03] [1]
16:48:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-swd-irc#T16-14-25
16:48:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe duties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01] [2]
16:48:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-swd-irc#T16-16-23
16:48:11 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Tom and Ralph talk with Guus about the Semantic Integration note [3]
16:48:11 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/30-swd-irc#T16-40-10