IRC log of databinding on 2007-01-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:58:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
14:58:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:58:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:58:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #databinding
14:58:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
14:58:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
14:58:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
14:58:41 [trackbot]
Date: 30 January 2007
15:00:12 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
15:00:20 [Zakim]
15:02:13 [pauld]
zakim, code?
15:02:13 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), pauld
15:02:23 [Zakim]
15:02:24 [Zakim]
15:02:25 [Zakim]
15:02:55 [pauld]
zakim, Heriot-Watt contains gcowe
15:02:55 [Zakim]
+gcowe; got it
15:03:45 [Zakim]
15:04:12 [Zakim]
15:04:46 [pauld]
scribe: pauld
15:05:14 [pauld]
minutes from 16/1 and 19/12 approved
15:09:42 [pauld]
dinner arrangements
15:12:02 [pauld]
gcowe: been working on some patterns and examples, trying to CVS sorted
15:15:26 [Yves]
see generated from .xml
15:15:29 [pauld]
LC issue tracking
15:15:30 [pauld]
15:16:31 [pauld]
yves: used several tools including Bugzilla for LC, but simple files often work best
15:16:58 [pauld]
ACTION: ylafon to obtain a copy of the ws-desc LC stylesheet
15:17:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-100 - Obtain a copy of the ws-desc LC stylesheet [on Yves Lafon - due 2007-02-06].
15:17:56 [pauld]
pauld: a lot of our LC comments are editorial, what's the process, do we need the WG to get involved?
15:18:06 [pauld]
yves: one line in the minutes is sufficient
15:19:57 [pauld]
pauld: our strong process will help deal with comments
15:20:19 [pauld]
pauld: there is a meta-question in Microsoft's comments, things may not get better!
15:20:30 [pauld]
gcowe: Origo needs things to get better
15:21:00 [pauld]
yves: customer demand is unlikely to allow a vendor to lower the bar
15:22:06 [pauld]
pauld: i understand the thinking may be coloured by wanting to map to and from JSON
15:23:18 [pauld]
jonc: we restrict name clashes, so distinction between mapping to JSON and Java is mute
15:23:30 [pauld]
pauld: customer demand is key here IMO
15:23:51 [pauld]
jonc: are they thinking code first, or mapping WSDL to code?
15:24:35 [pauld]
pauld: Indigo is "contract" first, but the contract is fairly code centric
15:28:31 [pauld]
pauld: ignoring our buckets, at least Microsoft and Origo can go away and write their own Basic specs and have a conversaion as a result of our work
15:29:31 [pauld]
pauld: chased the Schema WG, and had positive response, but a worry we've done too much work for them to review
15:29:45 [pauld]
pauld: we need to help them
15:30:00 [pauld]
jonc: have they any meetings planned?
15:30:48 [pauld]
yves: not sure, only one person is reviewing, AIUI
15:32:18 [pauld]
pauld: worried they're being too fastidious, but our detection and test suite will help their review
15:32:50 [pauld]
pauld: we do need to do some work to help their review
15:33:33 [pauld]
pauld: it's down to me to rack up the LC comments so we can process them
15:34:15 [pauld]
jonc: looking at Microsoft's comments, chimes in with one of our issues
15:35:09 [pauld]
ACTION: jcalladi to investigate Microsoft LC item 7 and maxOccurs
15:35:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-101 - Investigate Microsoft LC item 7 and maxOccurs [on Jonathan Calladine - due 2007-02-06].
15:37:15 [pauld]
Topic: CR Exit Criteria
15:37:27 [pauld]
pauld: what do we need to do to skip CR
15:37:50 [pauld]
yves: documentation in out testsuite / implementation report should be sufficient
15:38:54 [pauld]
pauld: do we need to say how many implementations we need - 2, 4, 13?
15:39:02 [pauld]
yves: our judgement call
15:39:25 [pauld]
pauld: so our test suite is our exit criteria
15:39:53 [pauld]
Topic: Test Suite
15:40:16 [pauld]
yves: enlisted some assistance to put up the validation service
15:40:41 [pauld]
yves: also been looking at generating the test results
15:41:18 [pauld]
pauld: happy for you to respecify the format to suite your purposes
15:43:26 [pauld]
pauld: struggled through a powercut testing Axis 1.x and Axis2 and Xfire
15:44:09 [pauld]
.. is clumsy with a WAR files
15:44:39 [pauld]
.. should be ok for the BEA tools as well
15:44:56 [pauld]
gcowe: need to get a new websphere tool version
15:45:50 [pauld]
ACTION: pauld to enlist help from IBM contacts in Hursley
15:45:50 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - pauld
15:46:03 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to enlist help from IBM contacts in Hursley
15:46:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-102 - Enlist help from IBM contacts in Hursley [on Paul Downey - due 2007-02-06].
15:47:56 [pauld]
pauld: green and red is going to help motivate us and others to contribute
15:48:08 [pauld]
15:48:22 [Zakim]
15:48:23 [Zakim]
15:48:24 [Zakim]
15:48:25 [Zakim]
15:48:26 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
15:48:27 [Zakim]
Attendees were Paul_Downey, gcowe, Yves, Jon_Calladine
15:48:30 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:48:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate pauld
15:48:38 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:05:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding