IRC log of ws-addr on 2007-01-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:56:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-addr
20:56:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to
20:57:07 [bob]
zakim, this will be ws_addrwg
20:57:07 [Zakim]
ok, bob; I see WS_AddrWG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
20:57:29 [bob]
Meeting: Web Services Addressing WG Teleconference
20:57:35 [bob]
Chair: Bob Freund
20:59:31 [PaulKnight]
PaulKnight has joined #ws-addr
21:00:11 [plh]
plh has joined #ws-addr
21:00:14 [Zakim]
WS_AddrWG()4:00PM has now started
21:00:22 [Zakim]
21:00:44 [plh]
zakim, passcode?
21:00:44 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2337 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), plh
21:01:00 [Zakim]
21:01:00 [bob]
21:01:02 [Zakim]
21:01:06 [PaulKnight]
wow, the humans outnumber the bots here now
21:01:18 [davidhull]
davidhull has joined #ws-addr
21:01:31 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-addr
21:01:34 [bob]
zaki. ??P4 is Katy
21:01:54 [bob]
zakim. ??P4 is Katy
21:01:56 [Zakim]
21:02:10 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-addr
21:02:17 [bob]
zakim, ??P4 is Katy
21:02:17 [Zakim]
+Katy; got it
21:02:25 [Zakim]
21:02:28 [Zakim]
21:02:33 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p3 is me
21:02:33 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
21:03:19 [MrGoodner]
MrGoodner has joined #ws-addr
21:03:25 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-addr
21:03:31 [Zakim]
21:03:45 [Zakim]
21:03:52 [anish]
anish has joined #ws-addr
21:03:53 [TRutt_]
TRutt_ has joined #ws-addr
21:03:53 [yinleng]
yinleng has joined #ws-addr
21:04:07 [Zakim]
21:04:19 [bob]
zaki, ??P10 is megoodner
21:04:34 [bob]
zakim, ??P10 is mrgoodner
21:04:34 [Zakim]
+mrgoodner; got it
21:04:39 [Zakim]
21:05:16 [Zakim]
21:05:20 [yinleng]
zakim, ??P14 is me
21:05:20 [Zakim]
+yinleng; got it
21:05:38 [Zakim]
21:06:10 [marc]
marc has joined #ws-addr
21:08:01 [plh]
scribe: plh
21:08:11 [plh]
21:08:48 [plh]
Chair: Bob Freund
21:08:54 [plh]
[agenda review]
21:09:13 [Zakim]
21:09:17 [plh]
Topic: previous minutes
21:09:21 [Paco]
Paco has joined #ws-addr
21:09:27 [plh]
-> previous minutes
21:09:53 [plh]
Katy: minutes are slightly wrong with examples
21:10:00 [plh]
... also an action item came out of that
21:10:25 [plh]
Tony: the action item I got was related to the discussion on optional rather than examples.
21:11:04 [plh]
Bob: we didn't reach a conclusion on the examples
21:11:12 [plh]
... is this an after last call issue?
21:11:15 [plh]
Katy: yes
21:11:44 [plh]
ACTION: Katy to provide the description of the examples that she would like to see included
21:12:17 [plh]
Bob: objections to accept the minutes as posted?
21:12:23 [plh]
Resolved: minutes accepted
21:12:56 [bob]
21:13:04 [plh]
Topic: proposal for use of policy
21:13:23 [plh]
[Tony explains the changes he is proposing]
21:13:56 [TRutt_]
21:14:14 [bob]
ack tru
21:14:33 [plh]
Tom: I'm happy with the new wording
21:14:44 [plh]
... the text doesn't say anything of not supporting
21:15:04 [plh]
Tony: the absence of the policy assertions doesn't mean you don't support it
21:15:38 [anish]
q+ to ask whether it is enuf to say 'endpoint' or we need 'endpoint+binding'
21:15:42 [plh]
Paco: I like the text but worried about "alternatives". would prefer "in other words"
21:16:04 [plh]
Tony: "In other words, the endpoint guarantees support"
21:16:48 [plh]
Resolved: In other words, the endpoint guarantees support for anonymous responses.
21:16:53 [bob]
ack ani
21:16:53 [Zakim]
anish, you wanted to ask whether it is enuf to say 'endpoint' or we need 'endpoint+binding'
21:16:55 [bob]
21:17:27 [plh]
Tom: by endpoint, I meant the service, the server, etc. Not talking about the endpoint in the WSDL sense
21:17:35 [plh]
21:17:48 [plh]
Anish: endpoint and/or binding ?
21:18:01 [plh]
Tony: I'm talking about the thing that the WSDL represents
21:18:04 [plh]
Anish: service?
21:18:29 [plh]
David: WSDL is a collection of endpoints...
21:18:56 [plh]
Anish: it's editorial.
21:19:09 [plh]
[no changes]
21:20:18 [plh]
Tony: 3.1.4 issues: talking about anonymous and non-anonymous responses. the reason we have this is for the client to find the service that suits it.
21:20:48 [plh]
[Tony reads his proposal]
21:21:13 [TRutt_]
21:23:32 [bob]
ack tru
21:24:06 [plh]
Tom: Tony's assertions seem all correct to me. I now see this as a feasible use case.
21:24:26 [plh]
... gave an other example with ignorable
21:24:40 [plh]
... it is ignorable only to the intersection algorithm
21:25:45 [plh]
... I want an example with the use of the ignorable attribute
21:26:28 [plh]
... maybe the use case could be mixed with the use of optional
21:27:17 [plh]
Bob: objections to the second part of the proposal, understanding that Tom can raise an issue during LC?
21:27:29 [plh]
Tom: I provide an example already that could be included
21:27:38 [plh]
Tony: sounds fine to me
21:28:25 [bob]
Tom's proposal
21:28:37 [plh]
[Tom explains his new example]
21:29:29 [plh]
Tony: I'll put the example in.
21:29:44 [plh]
... using lax
21:29:58 [plh]
Bob: objections to put those in?
21:30:22 [plh]
Tony: I'll put these things in 3.1.4
21:31:01 [plh]
... can anyone speak about the ws policy attachment options?
21:31:08 [bob]
21:31:20 [plh]
Tom: that's regarding attaching policy to endpoint references
21:31:31 [plh]
... it's up to us to do it if we want to
21:31:56 [plh]
MarcG: that's the issue the policy group closed with no actions
21:32:12 [plh]
Tony: I could take the editorial note out
21:32:27 [plh]
ACTION: Tony to take out the editorial note on policy attachment out
21:33:20 [plh]
Bob: URLs need fixes in editor drafts
21:33:51 [plh]
ACTION: Philippe to look into editor's version of latest version link
21:34:51 [plh]
Bob: so we have Tony part A and B, + Tom additional example, are we willing to allow Tony to proceed and take the new draft to LC?
21:35:11 [plh]
Resolved: the document as edited by Tony with new changes should be raised to LC
21:35:15 [Zakim]
21:35:56 [plh]
Bob: we'll move to LC asap
21:36:17 [plh]
Topic: XMLP request for one-way MEP
21:36:29 [bob]
21:36:32 [plh]
Bob: got a request from XMLP to review their draft on one way MEP
21:36:49 [plh]
... no particular deadline. No intention of taking this Note to REC.
21:37:00 [dhull]
21:37:03 [plh]
... but the Chair of XMLP would like us to look over it
21:37:26 [bob]
ack dhu
21:37:43 [plh]
David: we have a review deadline of February something but no particular urgency
21:38:00 [plh]
... follow-up from our task force that it would be nice to have a one way MEP
21:38:46 [plh]
... big editorial note in there about multicast. the MEP is currently allowing multicast but doesn't require it.
21:39:19 [plh]
... the idea behind it in a truly one way situation, you don't know what happen to a message. could be sent to more than one person, etc.
21:39:50 [plh]
... some pushback on how it fits with the soap model.
21:39:55 [plh]
... we resolved the issues
21:40:18 [plh]
... anyway, we're going back to the WSDL and WS-A groups with the proposal
21:40:29 [plh]
Bob: will collect comments at our next meeting
21:40:58 [plh]
... given the timing of LC, will be changing for a slower heartbeat
21:42:21 [plh]
Tony: will check in tonight for a new draft
21:42:52 [plh]
Philippe&Bob will take over after that
21:43:19 [plh]
Bob: last call minimal is 3 weeks
21:43:59 [plh]
... February 23 would be 3 weeks from this Friday
21:44:16 [plh]
... I'd like to propose that we move to every other week phone schedule.
21:44:19 [plh]
Topic: next meeting
21:44:57 [plh]
Bob: Next meeting would be february 12, then 26, hopefully for less than 2 hours
21:45:42 [plh]
Bob: I'll look at the one way MEP document.
21:46:36 [plh]
zakim, mute mrgood
21:46:36 [Zakim]
mrgoodner should now be muted
21:46:47 [Zakim]
21:46:49 [Zakim]
21:46:51 [Zakim]
21:46:52 [yinleng]
yinleng has left #ws-addr
21:46:53 [Zakim]
21:46:54 [Zakim]
21:46:54 [Zakim]
21:46:56 [Zakim]
21:47:00 [bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:47:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate bob
21:47:01 [plh]
[meeting adjourned]
21:47:05 [Zakim]
21:47:07 [Zakim]
21:47:15 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-addr
21:47:15 [Zakim]
21:47:17 [Zakim]
21:47:18 [Zakim]
21:47:19 [Zakim]
21:48:05 [plh]
zakim, drop mark
21:48:05 [Zakim]
Mark_Little is being disconnected
21:48:07 [Zakim]
WS_AddrWG()4:00PM has ended
21:48:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bob_Freund, plh, Paul_Knight, Katy, Tom_Rutt, TonyR, David_Hull, Gilbert_Pilz, mrgoodner, Anish, yinleng, Marc_Hadley, [IBM], Mark_Little
21:48:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate plh
21:48:20 [plh]
zakim, bye
21:48:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-addr
21:56:47 [bob]
rrsagent, pointer
21:56:47 [RRSAgent]
22:00:12 [bob]
bob has left #ws-addr
22:24:33 [dhull]
dhull has joined #ws-addr
23:47:54 [TRutt_]
TRutt_ has left #ws-addr