Web Services CG
23 Jan 2007

See also: IRC log


Philippe, TonyR, Felix, Bob_Freund, Jonathan, JacekK, Yves, Paul_Cotton, Martin_Chapman
Chris, Steve, Carine


Approval of minutes

Resolution: Previous minutes approved without objection

Action items

ACTION: [DONE] Bob, Tony, Jacek and Chris to check with their respective WGs on review of WS-Policy LC specs [recorded inhttp://www.w3.org/2006/11/21-ws-cg-minutes.html#action02]

ACTION:[DONE] Yves to check with Choreography WG to see if they can/will review WS-Policy [recorded inhttp://www.w3.org/2006/11/21-ws-cg-minutes.html#action01]

Policy status

PaulC: All LC comments closed. Editors are preparing candidate cr drafts. drafts will be reviewed until Feb 7, at which time CR decision will be made by the WG. Feb 19 is scheduled meeting with Steve as Director Proxy. Interop scenarios will be based in contributed materials plus enhanced for coverage

Jonathan: Will there be a public interop?

PaulC: There might be a public invite in March, but more likely it will be in May.
... March and May Hosts have arranged more space of interop work
... Nominally, there will be three days of interop planned.
... Original charter was CR in March, and it looks that it will be close. This might be cathing some of the participants by surprise

plh: Has the security group had a chance to review?

Paulc: Group was well informed and had time to review. I appealed to chairs several times. Next week will be the first opportunity for the chair to review his interest in reviewing with the TC.

PaulC as usual is on top of the situation.

Description status

Jonathan: Moving along with 12 issues of which 6 are editorial.
... Interop materix is improving steadily. Co C and Co W endpoints come and go.
... Hopefully next week, there will be more complete results.
... Adequate implementation coverabe might be done in the next couple of weeks

Semantic Annotation status

Jacek: Director's call completed
... expect to get out of CR within two months
... new namespace choosen to match the WSDL approach: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/sawsdl

PaulC: WS-Policy is just about to enter some discussion around which namespace convention to use. We're leaning towards using something alonghttp://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy

[Discussion as to the approach to name space selection]

Jacek: Longer version does not require Director approval.

PaulC: We should have a discussion as to the form of namespace to use going forward.

Philippe: will add this on this agenda

Choregraphy status

Martin: Exit samples received and being debugged.
... Full type system will be reviewed within the next couple of weeks

Data Binding status

Yves: Closing LC issues
... expect completion in the next 2-3 weeks.

Addressing status

Bob:we have all substantive issues relative to the draft and scheduled to move back to LC at the end of the month
... looking for feedback from WSDL and Policy
... also WS RX TC, which was the TC that caused CR33
... hoping to go through a minimum LC period

XMLP status

Yves: Have discussed the MTOM assertion and how it will be addressed
... Are still waiting comments on the SOAP 1.2 PR

Chairs mailing list items

plh: From AB summary: Public visibility of draft charters
... new tools to reduce chairing admin overhead


databinding f2f

Policy has three f2f's scheduled

MTOM Policy assertion

Yves:New draft for proposed WG charter

Philippe: IBM and Microsoft have provided a draft document of an MTOM policy assertion. An XMLP draft charter is being produced that adds this work

Last Call for WS-Addressing Metadata

Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata

WS-Core WG idea

plh: The issue is how do we maintain all of the specs which WGs are coming to completion
... one approach is to extend the WGs
... one other approach is to charter a new WG for maintenance of these specs

Jacek: Would the group be opened proactively or would we wait until a need arises?

PaulC: I am concerned of the IPR implications of such a "Core" WG

plh: There is a need for a definitive answer and I don't have it yet. I do not believe that there would be obligations for the participants.

ACTION: plh to research IPR implications of a Core group [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-ws-cg-minutes.html#action03]

PaulC: Might the DOM interest group be a forum where some of these maintenence issues be addressed?

plh: that did not work in the past since nobody felt responsible for it.
... Nothing would prevent the group from doing all of its work on the mailing list.

PaulC: I think that there is need for a targetted location for such maintenance work. I further would like to encourage wide community involvement.

plh: Will get back to this topic later in the year with perhaps more concrete proposals.

upcoming meetings

Next meeting: February 6. Possible regrets from PaulC.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: plh to research IPR implications of a Core group [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/23-ws-cg-minutes.html#action03]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/02/06 19:06:53 $