IRC log of ws-addr on 2007-01-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:01:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-addr
21:01:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-ws-addr-irc
21:01:59 [PaulKnight]
PaulKnight has joined #ws-addr
21:02:10 [MrGoodner]
MrGoodner has joined #ws-addr
21:02:18 [bob]
meeting: WS-Addressing Teleconference
21:02:25 [bob]
chair: Bob Freund
21:02:26 [anish]
anish has joined #ws-addr
21:02:36 [David_Illsley]
zakim, the will be ws-add
21:02:36 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'the will be ws-add', David_Illsley
21:02:44 [David_Illsley]
zakim, this will be ws-add
21:02:44 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, David_Illsley
21:03:01 [bob]
zakim, this will be ws_addrwg
21:03:01 [Zakim]
ok, bob, I see WS_AddrWG()4:00PM already started
21:03:12 [Zakim]
+Paul_Knight
21:03:14 [Zakim]
+Marc_Hadley
21:04:37 [bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2007Jan/0042.html
21:04:50 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
21:05:02 [Zakim]
+Anish_Karmarkar
21:05:05 [Paco]
Paco has joined #ws-addr
21:05:32 [bob]
zalim, {IBM} is paco
21:05:46 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-addr
21:05:48 [bob]
zakim, [IBM] is paco
21:05:48 [Zakim]
+paco; got it
21:05:55 [Zakim]
+Gilbert_Pilz
21:07:02 [dhull]
dhull has joined #ws-addr
21:07:46 [Zakim]
+Dave_Hull
21:09:46 [bob]
scribe: yinleng
21:10:48 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-addr
21:11:33 [yinleng]
TOPIC: Agenda Review
21:11:52 [yinleng]
Agenda accepted
21:12:03 [Zakim]
+??P13
21:12:09 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p13 is me
21:12:09 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
21:13:26 [yinleng]
TOPIC: Response to our review of WS-Policy
21:14:13 [yinleng]
Dicussing comment we made to the attaching of policy to end point.
21:14:50 [yinleng]
They closed it before reading our comments, without change.
21:16:03 [yinleng]
ACTION: Tom Rutt to provide rationale for closing
21:18:50 [yinleng]
Bob: Folks please look at the options in Paul Cotton's email in the archives.
21:20:09 [anish]
ACTION 1=
21:21:34 [TRutt_]
q+
21:22:29 [Katy]
q+
21:22:41 [yinleng]
TOPIC: Review comments on Metadata document
21:24:04 [bob]
ack trut
21:24:21 [yinleng]
Discussing Jonathan's comments
21:27:55 [gpilz]
q+
21:28:52 [pauld]
pauld has joined #ws-addr
21:31:07 [pauld]
rrsagent, where am i?
21:31:07 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-ws-addr-irc#T21-31-07
21:31:39 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs member-visible
21:31:51 [yinleng]
Discussing ignorable vs optional
21:32:29 [bob]
ack gpil
21:34:11 [TonyR]
q+
21:35:09 [yinleng]
Tom: Propose the example to take out optional
21:35:39 [yinleng]
Tony: Agrees that the example should come out to agree with 3.9
21:39:16 [bob]
q?
21:39:22 [yinleng]
Bob: Look at 3.8
21:39:27 [bob]
ack tony
21:39:39 [TonyR]
q-
21:40:02 [David_Illsley]
q+
21:40:58 [yinleng]
Bob: We need to fix one of the examples, 3.4
21:41:15 [Zakim]
-paco
21:41:25 [bob]
ack david
21:41:44 [yinleng]
Bob: if Tom wants to raise an issue, then we can go forward on that
21:42:10 [bob]
ack katy
21:42:31 [yinleng]
Katy: issue on one of the examples too
21:44:50 [David_Illsley]
q+
21:45:03 [yinleng]
Katy: if we can have 3 examples - this is how we mandate WS-addressing, this is how we support WS-addressing, and a third on supporting WS-Policy.
21:45:59 [bob]
ack david
21:47:23 [yinleng]
Resolved to have 3 or 4 key examples
21:47:41 [yinleng]
David: wants to tone down 3.1.4
21:48:35 [yinleng]
Tony: likes 3.1.4 being in a separate section
21:49:18 [yinleng]
Tony: suggests changing "I support" to "I guarantee support"
21:49:37 [yinleng]
Tony: 3.3 is the most confusing
21:51:32 [yinleng]
Tony: Useful to put in a non-normative section discussing intersection algorithms, maybe?
21:53:30 [yinleng]
Katy: need a use case, have it use case driven would help
21:54:16 [yinleng]
ACTION: Tony to explain the use of optional in 3.1
21:55:47 [yinleng]
Tony: put notes under 3.1.2 and 3.1.4
22:00:44 [yinleng]
Tony: Can to changes to examples by today
22:01:20 [yinleng]
s/to/do
22:01:53 [TRutt_]
q+
22:02:45 [bob]
ack trutt
22:03:55 [yinleng]
Tom: Put in a note on why we are doing optional?
22:04:06 [yinleng]
Tony: will put it in an editiorial note
22:04:36 [yinleng]
Tony: will put it in 3.1.4
22:05:24 [yinleng]
ACTION: Tony will put in an editorial note explaining why in 3.1.4
22:06:06 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
22:06:15 [Zakim]
-Gilbert_Pilz
22:06:17 [Zakim]
-David_Illsley
22:06:18 [Zakim]
-Anish_Karmarkar
22:06:18 [Zakim]
-??P15
22:06:20 [Katy]
Katy has left #ws-addr
22:06:20 [Zakim]
-Paul_Knight
22:06:22 [bob]
rrsagent, make logs public
22:06:24 [TRutt_]
TRutt_ has left #ws-addr
22:06:25 [Zakim]
-??P4
22:06:31 [Zakim]
-Dave_Hull
22:06:46 [yinleng]
meeting adjourned by 5.05 pm EST
22:07:01 [Zakim]
-??P14
22:07:55 [bob]
rrsagentrrsagent, generate minutes
22:08:07 [bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
22:08:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-ws-addr-minutes.html bob
22:12:54 [plh]
plh has joined #ws-addr
22:12:59 [Zakim]
+Plh
22:31:40 [Zakim]
-Plh
22:31:41 [Zakim]
-TonyR
22:31:42 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
22:32:05 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-addr
22:56:49 [bob]
bob has left #ws-addr
23:05:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Marc_Hadley, in WS_AddrWG()4:00PM
23:05:02 [Zakim]
WS_AddrWG()4:00PM has ended
23:05:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were Tom_Rutt, Bob_Freund, David_Illsley, Paul_Knight, Marc_Hadley, Anish_Karmarkar, paco, Gilbert_Pilz, Dave_Hull, TonyR, Plh
23:41:58 [dhull]
dhull has joined #ws-addr