IRC log of mmsem on 2007-01-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:49:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
16:49:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-irc
16:49:52 [raphael]
zakim, list conferences
16:49:52 [Zakim]
I see SW_HCLS()11:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM active
16:49:55 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are XML_PMWG()11:00AM, SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM, INC_MMSEM()12:00PM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM
16:50:06 [raphael]
zakim, this is INC_MMSEM
16:50:09 [Zakim]
raphael, I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be INC_MMSEM".
16:50:22 [raphael]
zakim, this will be INC_MMSEM
16:50:22 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
16:51:13 [raphael]
raphael has changed the topic to: Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 18-01-2007, 17:00 UTC
16:51:19 [raphael]
Topic: Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 18-01-2007, 17:00 UTC
16:51:28 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Jan/0032.html
16:51:35 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
16:51:41 [raphael]
Scribe: Michael
16:51:51 [mhausenblas]
Present: Raphael Troncy, Roberto Ellero, Zeljko Obrenovic, Christian Halaschek-Wiener, Michael Hausenblas
16:51:52 [raphael]
Scribenick: mhausenblas
16:52:01 [mhausenblas]
Regrets: Jeff Pan, Pasquale Popolizio, Vassilis Tzouvaras, Patrizia Asirelli, Ioannis Pratikakis, Paola Hobson
16:52:25 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has now started
16:52:32 [Zakim]
+Michael_Hausenblas
16:53:22 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who is on the call?
16:53:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Michael_Hausenblas
16:55:17 [Zakim]
+??P10
16:55:20 [Zakim]
-Michael_Hausenblas
16:55:22 [Zakim]
+Michael_Hausenblas
16:55:47 [raphael]
zakim, ??P10 is raphael
16:55:47 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
16:56:18 [Zakim]
+ +39.050.aaaa
16:56:43 [raphael]
zakim, +39.050.aaaa is SuzanneLittle
16:56:43 [Zakim]
+SuzanneLittle; got it
16:56:51 [Zakim]
+ +31.20.592.aabb
16:56:53 [mhausenblas]
present+ Suzanne Little
16:56:57 [Zakim]
+Chris_Halaschek-Wiener
16:57:30 [ThomasFranz]
ThomasFranz has joined #mmsem
16:57:32 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:57:48 [mhausenblas]
present+ Thomas Franz
16:57:56 [rellero]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
16:57:56 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
16:57:57 [raphael]
zakim, +31.20.592.aabb is Zeljko
16:57:58 [Zakim]
+Zeljko; got it
16:58:18 [rellero]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
16:58:18 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
16:58:25 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:58:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:58:35 [TobiasBuerger]
TobiasBuerger has joined #mmsem
16:58:49 [Zakim]
+Thomas_Franz
16:58:49 [mhausenblas]
present+ Tobias Buerger
16:59:17 [raphael]
present+ Zeljko
16:59:34 [raphael]
present+ Tobias
16:59:48 [Zakim]
+TobiasBuerger
17:00:18 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
17:00:30 [mhausenblas]
Roll call
17:00:52 [Zakim]
+ +329331aacc
17:01:15 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Propose to accept the minutes of F2F Athens
17:01:29 [mhausenblas]
no objections
17:01:30 [chalaschek]
none here
17:01:44 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Propose to accept the minutes of last telecon
17:01:50 [mhausenblas]
no objections
17:01:51 [erik_chris_gaetan]
erik_chris_gaetan has joined #mmsem
17:02:22 [mhausenblas]
+present Erik
17:02:32 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 2. LINKS Pages
17:03:16 [raphael]
Vocabularies page: no major update since the F2F meeting
17:03:27 [raphael]
... We have to agree on a date for a frozen version
17:03:49 [Zakim]
+??P16
17:05:13 [raphael]
zakim, ??P16 is Melli
17:05:13 [Zakim]
+Melli; got it
17:05:26 [raphael]
Erik ... propose to add contributions
17:05:40 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:05:54 [raphael]
ACTION: Erik to update the vocabularies page by the next telecon
17:06:00 [mhausenblas]
present + Melli
17:06:12 [mhausenblas]
present+ Susanne Boll
17:06:36 [Susanne]
Susanne has joined #mmsem
17:06:46 [mhausenblas]
Introduction of Zeljko
17:07:21 [raphael]
zakim, IPcaller is SusanneBoll
17:07:21 [Zakim]
+SusanneBoll; got it
17:07:36 [mhausenblas]
Zeljko: Will go over the tools page and add stuff
17:07:57 [raphael]
The idea is to have a frozen version of the Vocabularies page in a XG report, date, beginning of April
17:08:26 [raphael]
Tools page: use the DOAP and the RDF to automatically generate page
17:08:33 [raphael]
... eat our own dog food !
17:09:40 [raphael]
zakim, who is making noise
17:09:40 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is making noise', raphael
17:10:50 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web document" by next telecon change the css style (XG report) change the syntax of the examples (N3) and the graphs (IsaViz) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
17:11:07 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:11:22 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Will make proposal for voting
17:11:36 [mhausenblas]
... by next telecon for publication
17:11:51 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4. Interoperability Deliverable#
17:12:24 [raphael]
michael: script from Sandro to generate a TR from a wiki page
17:12:40 [raphael]
... the formatting generates a WD
17:14:55 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Michael to make testing how to transfer the wiki page into an XG report template [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
17:15:04 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:15:16 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4.1 Structure (Vassilis)
17:15:40 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Vassilis and Jeff to start the Common Framework [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
17:15:44 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:16:08 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Vassilis update the structure of the deliverable and fill it in a XG report template, HTML document in our W3C space [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
17:16:12 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:16:23 [raphael]
zakim, mute SusanneBoll
17:16:23 [Zakim]
SusanneBoll should now be muted
17:16:30 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Vassilis responsible that each author of each use case to fill the summary of their interoperability problems [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
17:16:34 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:16:46 [mhausenblas]
4.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
17:17:10 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Paola to provide a possible B2B scenario [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
17:17:14 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:17:34 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Oscar and Jacco to provide a first implementation of the use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
17:17:37 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:17:47 [mhausenblas]
4.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
17:18:22 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Fix copright issues
17:18:33 [raphael]
zakim, unmute SusanneBoll
17:18:33 [Zakim]
SusanneBoll should no longer be muted
17:18:40 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael, Therry, and Chris to sync UC Wiki description with their new focus (financial domain) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
17:18:45 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:18:55 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll)
17:19:52 [mhausenblas]
Susanne: Get feedback from industry partner within next 4 weeks
17:20:16 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Susanne to look again in the various systems and standards and identify 3-4 standards that together could be the solution [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
17:20:25 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:21:15 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Please provide sketch of solution
17:21:47 [mhausenblas]
Susanne: Will add some more entries into vocabulary page
17:22:59 [mhausenblas]
... discussion with partners is promising
17:23:22 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Want to contribute as well
17:24:04 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Erik might want to start a discussion on the public list
17:24:41 [mhausenblas]
ACTION : Erik to start a discussion on Photo UC on public list
17:24:47 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
17:25:15 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Status of Georg's assignment is unclear
17:25:43 [raphael]
zakim, mute SusanneBoll
17:25:43 [Zakim]
SusanneBoll should now be muted
17:26:02 [mhausenblas]
Thomas: Enhancing prototype that was demoed in F2F/Athens
17:27:59 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Thomas to report analysis of tagging platform in Wiki
17:28:20 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia, Ovidio)
17:28:29 [raphael]
... and the requirements for reusing a personomy cross-platform
17:28:51 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Suzanne, Massimo to further exemplify and sketch the solution: what will be needed to model in the ontology, and how it would be used [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
17:28:54 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:29:14 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Sophia to find and send a documentation about an application toolbox where the user can select some algorithm to do feature extraction on music [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/09-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
17:29:18 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
17:29:36 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: What is your plan with this UC?
17:30:16 [mhausenblas]
Suzanne: Will add some more bits in the next three days
17:30:36 [mhausenblas]
... a call for feedback will be sent via mail
17:31:39 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 4.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis)
17:32:09 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: postponed to next telecon
17:32:20 [mhausenblas]
... discuss if merged with 4.6
17:32:55 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Regarding Bio-medical Image Use Case status
17:34:02 [mhausenblas]
Melli: Will take close look at UC
17:34:21 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Are you interessted in other UC?
17:34:25 [isti]
isti has joined #mmsem
17:34:31 [mhausenblas]
Melli: Yes - will let you know
17:34:51 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Photo UC might be a good choice
17:34:56 [raphael]
zakim, unmute SusanneBoll
17:34:56 [Zakim]
SusanneBoll should no longer be muted
17:35:15 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 5. MPEG-7 Deliverable
17:35:41 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Vassilis, Raphael, Oscar, Michael, Stamatia to set up a new Deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/08-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]
17:35:46 [mhausenblas]
-- done
17:38:49 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Raphael Stamatia to start work on MPEG-7 deliverable
17:38:57 [mhausenblas]
Topic: 6. AOB
17:39:26 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Submitted proposal for panel to WWW 07
17:39:29 [mhausenblas]
... http://www2007.org/cfp-Panels.php
17:39:45 [mhausenblas]
... CfP http://homepages.cwi.nl/~media/projects/canonical/cfp/index.html
17:40:06 [mhausenblas]
.. .Announcement: CFP Special Issue of Multimedia Systems Journal on Canonical Processes of Media Production
17:40:41 [mhausenblas]
Zeljko: Will post it onto MMSEM-XG list
17:40:53 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:40:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html mhausenblas
17:41:50 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: As reported, Jeff will present our work right after next telecon
17:42:01 [mhausenblas]
... this means we all have to work - HARD
17:42:55 [chalaschek]
thanks!
17:42:57 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: next telecon in 2 weeks
17:42:59 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:42:59 [Zakim]
-Melli
17:43:01 [Zakim]
-Thomas_Franz
17:43:02 [Zakim]
-TobiasBuerger
17:43:05 [Zakim]
-Chris_Halaschek-Wiener
17:43:07 [Zakim]
-Zeljko
17:43:08 [Zakim]
-SusanneBoll
17:43:09 [Zakim]
- +329331aacc
17:43:10 [Zakim]
-SuzanneLittle
17:43:12 [Zakim]
-raphael
17:43:13 [Zakim]
-Michael_Hausenblas
17:43:34 [mhausenblas]
yep.
17:44:21 [isti]
bye all suzanne and massimo
17:44:27 [isti]
isti has left #mmsem
17:45:13 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:45:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:45:28 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
17:45:30 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
17:45:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were Michael_Hausenblas, raphael, SuzanneLittle, Chris_Halaschek-Wiener, Zeljko, Roberto_Ellero, Thomas_Franz, TobiasBuerger, +329331aacc, Melli, SusanneBoll
17:45:47 [raphael]
Meeting: Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 18-01-2007, 17:00 UTC
17:45:50 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:45:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:45:59 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:46:15 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:46:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:46:47 [raphael]
I have updated the Meeting name :-)
17:46:53 [raphael]
it is OK now
17:46:56 [raphael]
refresh the browser
17:47:12 [raphael]
so, yes, you have to announce the minutes on the list
17:47:16 [raphael]
as you did previously
17:47:17 [raphael]
great job
17:47:20 [raphael]
thanks !
17:47:35 [raphael]
se you next week for our JRS telecon, on Wednesday, right ?
17:48:08 [mhausenblas]
bye!
17:48:13 [raphael]
bye