IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-01-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:36:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
15:36:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/01/17-grddl-wg-irc
15:36:30 [rreck]
can i grab a bite to eat first, give me a like 5
16:00:59 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, take up item 1
16:01:00 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-01-17T11:00-0500" taken up
16:01:03 [iand]
iand has joined #grddl-wg
16:01:06 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:01:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.703.956.aaaa, [IPcaller], DanC
16:01:14 [chimezie]
DanC: I'm unable to pull from homer.w3.org:8123
16:01:32 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, aaaa is rreck
16:01:32 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
16:01:41 [Zakim]
+[Sophia]
16:01:44 [Zakim]
+Murray_Maloney
16:01:49 [FabienG]
zakim, [Sophia] is FabienG
16:01:49 [Zakim]
+FabienG; got it
16:01:50 [Zakim]
+??P21
16:01:56 [briansuda]
Zakim, +??P21 is briansuda
16:01:56 [Zakim]
sorry, briansuda, I do not recognize a party named '+??P21'
16:02:11 [briansuda]
Zakim, ??P21 is briansuda
16:02:11 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
16:02:12 [danja]
danja has joined #grddl-wg
16:02:14 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is danja
16:02:14 [Zakim]
+danja; got it
16:02:18 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:02:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rreck, danja, DanC, FabienG, Murray_Maloney, briansuda
16:02:20 [Zakim]
+??P27
16:02:23 [Zakim]
+Ian_Davis
16:02:33 [chimezie]
Zakim, P27 is chimezie
16:02:33 [Zakim]
sorry, chimezie, I do not recognize a party named 'P27'
16:02:38 [chimezie]
Zakim, ??P27 is chimezie
16:02:38 [Zakim]
+chimezie; got it
16:04:04 [DanC_lap]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jan/0014.html minutes 10 Jan
16:04:47 [DanC_lap]
RESOLVED: to accept minutes 10 Jan
16:04:55 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:04:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rreck, danja, DanC, FabienG, Murray_Maloney, briansuda, chimezie, Ian_Davis
16:05:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.457.aabb
16:05:11 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, aabb is HarryH
16:05:11 [Zakim]
+HarryH; got it
16:05:28 [DanC_lap]
HH: my laptop is kaput
16:06:31 [DanC_lap]
RESOLVED: to meet 24 Jan, chime to scribe, regrets Murray
16:06:43 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
16:06:43 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "[#issue-html-nsdoc]" taken up
16:08:23 [DanC_lap]
Harry: where did this come from? what are the positions?
16:09:07 [DanC_lap]
DanC: I added it while thinking about RDFa... some plans for RDFa involve adding a pointer from the XHTML namespace document to an RDFa transformation
16:10:30 [DanC_lap]
danja: why treat XHTML special? what about SVG?
16:11:58 [DanC_lap]
Murray: a better way would be for GRDDL processors to have config files... e.g. in an HL7 context, they'll want to cache HL7 namespaces...
16:13:53 [DanC_lap]
Chime: let's be explicit in one of 2 ways: (1) it's a stopping point; there's no transformations there (2) there's a transformation there, e.g. RDFa
16:14:49 [DanC_lap]
DanC: I think config files are a reasonable implementation approach, but as for the spec, that can be endorsed silently, under an implicit "do The Right Thing"
16:18:31 [DanC_lap]
Ron: what's the downside of being silent?
16:19:28 [DanC_lap]
DanC: one risk is that future implementations will follow current implementations, ...
16:20:47 [DanC_lap]
... which don't check the XHTML namespace documents; then RDFa folks try to deploy a transformation at the XHTML namespace document, and the grddl implementations would lose.
16:21:12 [DanC_lap]
Danny: how about some sort of "you should check that your copies are reasonably current"
16:21:27 [DanC_lap]
DanC: I think a health-warning like that is appropriate; are you willing to draft something?
16:21:53 [DanC_lap]
Danny: I think so
16:22:05 [DanC_lap]
ACTION Danja: draft a health warninng about caching namespace documents.
16:22:09 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
16:22:09 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "[#issue-tx-element]" taken up
16:22:50 [DanC_lap]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jan/0018.html danc on tx-element
16:27:15 [DanC_lap]
RESOLVED: to postpone issue-tx-element
16:27:26 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
16:27:26 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "[#issue-conformance-labels]" taken up
16:29:24 [DanC_lap]
HH: we have adopted consistent terminology: GRDDL aware agent, source document, result [?]
16:29:33 [DanC_lap]
... though not conformance label yet
16:30:03 [chimezie]
My niave interpretation is that the spec defines what an agent is
16:30:25 [DanC_lap]
RESOLVED: to use consistent vocabulary, but not use them as conformance labels.
16:30:32 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
16:30:32 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "[#issue-http-header-links]" taken up
16:31:00 [DanC_lap]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Sep/0088.html GRDDL links in HTTP? (new issue?)
16:31:09 [rreck]
can anyone just give zakim some commands, or is he tied to the scribe?
16:32:14 [danja]
for ref : http://www.mnot.net/blog/2006/06/22/link
16:33:46 [chimezie]
rreck: anyone can (if you know the commands)
16:34:42 [DanC_lap]
ACTION IanD: propose some details for GRDDL links in HTTP
16:35:02 [DanC_lap]
anyone can, rreck
16:35:05 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
16:35:05 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Test cases for GRDDL with XML documents" taken up
16:37:02 [DanC_lap]
ACTION: DanC to give Brian McBride CVS access [CONTINUES]
16:37:19 [DanC_lap]
ACTION: HarryH to check in a test case on content negotiation [CONTINUES]
16:38:43 [DanC_lap]
. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist1 "Test suite version control"
16:39:42 [DanC_lap]
DanC: some progress on EARL
16:39:46 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
16:39:46 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "[#issue-output-formats] whether GRDDL transformations may produce RDF in a format other than RDF/XML" taken up
16:40:14 [DanC_lap]
3 actions continue
16:40:16 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
16:40:16 [Zakim]
agendum 7 was just opened, DanC_lap
16:40:20 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, close item 7
16:40:20 [Zakim]
agendum 7, [#issue-output-formats] whether GRDDL transformations may produce RDF in a format other than RDF/XML, closed
16:40:22 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:40:23 [Zakim]
8. [#issue-mt-ns]
16:40:24 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
16:40:24 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "[#issue-mt-ns]" taken up
16:40:37 [DanC_lap]
ACTION: Murry to draft paragraph giving us caveat for faithful infoset issue closure. [CONTINUES]
16:49:36 [DanC_lap]
current spec is: "If an information resource IR is represented by an XML document whose root node is" ...
16:54:36 [danja]
brb (log on fire)
17:14:09 [DanC_lap]
chime: is it coherent to say that both the xincluding-using and the not-xinclude-using outcomes are grddl resutls?
17:14:18 [DanC_lap]
Murray: yes, they're both GRDDL results
17:15:54 [Zakim]
-Murray_Maloney
17:15:56 [DanC_lap]
DanC: I think that's bad web architecture to allow this ambiguity, but I probably wouldn't object
17:16:08 [DanC_lap]
ACTION Chime: work on details of 2 allowed results of xinclude test
17:16:27 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
17:16:27 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "[#issue-base-param]" taken up
17:17:13 [DanC_lap]
Harry: I'm having trouble running this test
17:17:56 [DanC_lap]
ACTION Danny: test #base-param and e-mail group
17:18:29 [DanC_lap]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist1#base-param
17:19:13 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, next item
17:19:13 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "Primer Document" taken up
17:19:31 [DanC_lap]
ACTION:Chime's add HL7 plain XML health care use-case and check it into test suite.
17:20:20 [DanC_lap]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jan/0024.html chime's hl7 work
17:20:40 [DanC_lap]
HH: comments have asked for (1) plain XML, not XHTML, (2) something with non-trivial entialment
17:21:41 [DanC_lap]
ACTION Chime: propose some primer text for the hl7 case
17:22:00 [briansuda]
yes
17:22:05 [rreck]
me neither
17:22:25 [briansuda]
sure, i email Ian and CC WG
17:22:42 [DanC_lap]
good
17:23:28 [DanC_lap]
ian, pls ack hh's request (I can't quite hear him)
17:23:37 [iand]
yes
17:23:40 [DanC_lap]
HH: Ian, please [something
17:23:41 [DanC_lap]
Ian: OK
17:23:44 [DanC_lap]
DanC_lap has left #grddl-wg
17:23:48 [DanC_lap]
DanC_lap has joined #grddl-wg
17:23:53 [iand]
s/something/link rq files/
17:24:04 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, is Fabien on the phone?
17:24:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, DanC_lap.
17:24:10 [DanC_lap]
Zakim, is Fabien here?
17:24:11 [Zakim]
probably, DanC_lap; FabienG arrived 82 minutes ago
17:24:50 [DanC_lap]
ACTION: Fabien to post to sawsdl list relevant questions about RDF mapping and relationship to GRDDL
17:24:56 [DanC_lap]
fabien, continue that one? or withdraw?
17:25:16 [DanC_lap]
-- continues
17:25:47 [DanC_lap]
HH: note SAWSDL expanded scope to not just WSDL but also XML Schema. So this seems important.
17:26:27 [DanC_lap]
ACTION: DanC to add a sample implementation appendix to the GRDDL spec. [CONTINUES]
17:26:30 [Zakim]
-chimezie
17:26:36 [DanC_lap]
ADJOURN.
17:26:40 [Zakim]
-Ian_Davis
17:26:45 [DanC_lap]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:26:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/17-grddl-wg-minutes.html DanC_lap
17:26:57 [Zakim]
-FabienG
17:27:04 [Zakim]
-briansuda
17:27:12 [Zakim]
-danja
17:27:47 [DanC_lap]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
17:31:28 [Zakim]
-HarryH
17:34:48 [danja]
danja has joined #grddl-wg
17:38:00 [Zakim]
-DanC
17:38:01 [Zakim]
-rreck
17:38:03 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
17:38:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.703.956.aaaa, DanC, rreck, Murray_Maloney, FabienG, briansuda, danja, Ian_Davis, chimezie, +1.919.457.aabb, HarryH
18:54:46 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #grddl-wg
18:55:19 [chimezie]
chimezie has left #grddl-wg
19:12:56 [briansuda_]
briansuda_ has joined #grddl-wg
19:46:16 [DanC_lap]
Meeting: GRDDL Weekly
19:46:28 [DanC_lap]
Chair: HenryH
19:46:31 [DanC_lap]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
19:46:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/17-grddl-wg-minutes.html DanC_lap
20:44:35 [DanC_lap]
DanC_lap has joined #grddl-wg
21:06:08 [danja]
danja has joined #grddl-wg
22:32:26 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #grddl-wg
22:55:33 [DanC_lap]
DanC_lap has joined #grddl-wg