IRC log of er on 2007-01-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:53:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
14:53:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/01/17-er-irc
14:53:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
14:54:02 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ERT
14:54:02 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:54:08 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
14:54:13 [shadi]
chair: Shadi#
14:54:15 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
14:54:47 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Jan/0014.html
14:55:08 [shadi]
agenda+ F2F agenda and registration
14:55:20 [shadi]
agenda+ HTTP Vocabulary in RDF issues
14:58:48 [JibberJim]
JibberJim has joined #er
14:59:59 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
15:00:01 [Zakim]
+Shadi
15:00:51 [Zakim]
+??P1
15:00:59 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
15:01:53 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
15:02:04 [JohannesK]
Zakim, CarlosV is really Johannes
15:02:04 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
15:02:11 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
15:02:32 [shadi]
zakim, ??p1 is really Jim
15:02:32 [Zakim]
+Jim; got it
15:03:01 [Zakim]
+berrueta
15:03:14 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #er
15:04:03 [Zakim]
+Johannes.a
15:04:38 [shadi]
scribe: Jim
15:04:47 [shadi]
scribenick: JibberJim
15:04:56 [CarlosV]
zakim, Johannes.a is CarlosV
15:04:56 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
15:07:10 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Any Additional items to the agenda after the long break?
15:07:10 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:07:10 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "F2F agenda and registration" taken up [from shadi]
15:08:45 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I'll be updating with Hotel information shortly. Everyone should register even if to say they won't be able to come.
15:09:08 [JibberJim]
SAZ: hopefully everyone should be able to come, and should consider rescheduling if many people can't make it.
15:09:58 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Any questions? Anyone who can't make it?
15:10:35 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2007/02/f2f-agenda
15:12:11 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Thought it would be an option to go through section by section, and raise issue and list them all so we know them all, to then be addressed after or alternative generate issue lists before the f2f and then address the issues at the meeting
15:12:20 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I prefer the first one as it forces better reviews
15:13:04 [JibberJim]
CV: Will there be phone access to be able to phone in?
15:13:13 [JibberJim]
CI: I believe so, I will check.
15:14:19 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:14:19 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:15:25 [shadi]
zakim, unmute me
15:15:25 [Zakim]
Shadi should no longer be muted
15:15:57 [JibberJim]
SAZ: People like the approach?
15:16:00 [JibberJim]
JK: YEP
15:16:06 [JibberJim]
Yep for me too
15:16:54 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/32094/ERTWG_F2F_FEB2007/
15:17:31 [JibberJim]
SAZ: JL will the pointers draft be ready?
15:17:38 [JibberJim]
JL: I would certainly hope so!
15:17:41 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
15:17:41 [Zakim]
agendum 1, F2F agenda and registration, closed
15:17:42 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
15:17:43 [Zakim]
2. HTTP Vocabulary in RDF issues [from shadi]
15:17:48 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:17:48 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF issues" taken up [from shadi]
15:18:13 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/issues
15:19:18 [JibberJim]
SAZ: JK to lead through discussion of the issues
15:20:53 [JibberJim]
JK: Issue 010 We just use shortnames too much, rather than full names
15:21:46 [JibberJim]
JK: We should be consistent throughout the docs
15:21:54 [JibberJim]
CV: Yes do the same
15:22:46 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2003/Editors/
15:23:18 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/
15:24:06 [JibberJim]
SAZ: The manual of style I think covers Karl's issue
15:24:16 [JibberJim]
SAZ: We should review fully against it
15:24:32 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20061220#introduction
15:25:42 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I support Karl's proposal
15:26:16 [JibberJim]
s/I support Karl's proposal//
15:26:35 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I agree it could be more usable with the expanded text
15:28:22 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#ref-section
15:30:13 [JibberJim]
SAZ: What do people think?
15:30:34 [JibberJim]
JL: I think it would be good to have the expanded link, like Karl's proposal.
15:31:16 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Frequency of usage is important so we can have small links if used often
15:33:26 [JibberJim]
RESOLUTION: 010 Adopt Karl's proposal of expanded text where appropriate
15:33:44 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#References
15:34:39 [JibberJim]
SAZ: We also need to review docs ref. the Manual of style
15:35:33 [JibberJim]
SAZ: 008 is a tongue twister - editorial improvement
15:37:53 [JibberJim]
JK: 012 Coordinate work with RFC 822-XML
15:39:33 [JibberJim]
JK: We only use the RFC 822 place in part, we could see to review it
15:41:50 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I think scope creep if we start to widen ourselves into RFC-822 XML format - we're only interested in a small part of the whole
15:43:02 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I'd propose to look at it, and see if it meets are needs already and can drop the namespace
15:44:27 [JibberJim]
JK: 011 The request is for information about the Use Cases related to content negotiation
15:45:10 [JibberJim]
CV: Who wrote the use cases?
15:45:20 [JibberJim]
SAZ: I think I created them all
15:46:57 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Proposals are to refine or drop the use cases.
15:47:08 [JibberJim]
CV: I don't think we should drop
15:47:32 [JibberJim]
CV: No, no proposal to drop from anywhere - I think it makes sense as it is.
15:48:44 [JibberJim]
SAZ: We could elaborate a little bit more
15:49:54 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Add more information about what the Vocab is for a sentance about recording headers etc.
15:51:42 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Shall we resolve to improve the wording if possible rather than expand more use cases?
15:51:48 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Does anyone think they should?
15:53:56 [JibberJim]
JK: I think we need to describe use case 2 better to meet Karl's suggestion
15:54:50 [JibberJim]
JK: i.e. make it extremely clear what making a conformance claim about
15:57:18 [JibberJim]
JK: We could add use cases after feedback from other groups with different aims from us
15:58:53 [JibberJim]
SAZ: We should send out a reminder, I understand Philippe and TimBL are interested in using
15:59:08 [JibberJim]
ACTION: SAZ ping people to get use cases from other domains
16:01:47 [JibberJim]
RESOLUTION: Issue 011 Improve wording of section even if we get no new use cases
16:03:00 [JibberJim]
SAZ: Next meeting is 31st
16:03:04 [Zakim]
-Johannes
16:03:06 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
16:03:10 [Zakim]
-Shadi
16:03:12 [Zakim]
-Jim
16:03:19 [Zakim]
-berrueta
16:03:20 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
16:03:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Johannes, Jim, berrueta, CarlosV