IRC log of tsdtf on 2007-01-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:23:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
13:23:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:23:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
13:23:25 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsd
13:23:25 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:23:32 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
13:23:43 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Chrsitophe
13:23:49 [shadi]
regrets: Tim
13:24:12 [shadi]
13:24:28 [shadi]
agenda+ Overview of core TF documents and pending changes
13:24:42 [shadi]
agenda+ Tools
13:24:56 [shadi]
agenda+ Locations
13:25:13 [shadi]
agenda+ Assignment of reviewers for new test cases
13:27:34 [Daniela]
Daniela has joined #tsdtf
13:29:20 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
13:29:22 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
13:29:28 [Zakim]
13:30:13 [Zakim]
13:30:20 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has joined #tsdtf
13:31:23 [Zakim]
13:32:01 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #tsdtf
13:32:43 [Zakim]
13:34:07 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
13:34:07 [Zakim]
13:34:43 [shadi]
zakim, rodrigo is really CarlosI
13:34:43 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
13:35:01 [Zakim]
13:36:03 [shadi]
regrets: Tim, Christophe
13:36:15 [shadi]
13:37:00 [shadi]
scribe: Daniela
13:37:08 [shadi]
scribenick: Daniela
13:37:28 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:37:28 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Overview of core TF documents and pending changes" taken up [from shadi]
13:38:37 [Daniela]
saz: still need to update review process document
13:39:20 [Daniela]
cv: cs seems to have updated his documents already
13:39:41 [Daniela]
saz: will send a note to the list as soon as update is done.
13:40:06 [Daniela]
cv: perhaps put links on the TF homepage
13:40:44 [shadi]
13:41:25 [shadi]
13:41:27 [Daniela]
saz: first link is for our internal usage
13:41:39 [Daniela]
saz: second link is official homepage
13:42:25 [Daniela]
cv: propose menu bar for the internal usage
13:43:06 [Daniela]
saz: think that there is a css template for navigation bar on the right - will check if that is appropiate
13:43:46 [Daniela]
ACTION: saz will check if it is possible to integrate a navigation bar on the homepage for internal usage
13:44:47 [shadi]
13:44:58 [Daniela]
saz: cv, please send links that you thinks are suitable for this navigation bar
13:45:06 [shadi]
13:45:12 [CarlosV]
Links: Work statement; Using TCDL; Test Review Process; Tests CVS Web Interface
13:48:03 [Daniela]
saz: need a form to upload new test samples
13:48:52 [Daniela]
saz: need to fill the "repository contents" link
13:49:34 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
13:49:34 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Overview of core TF documents and pending changes, closed
13:49:35 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:49:36 [Zakim]
2. Tools [from shadi]
13:49:40 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:49:40 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Tools" taken up [from shadi]
13:50:45 [Daniela]
saz: put request to systems team reg. wiki
13:50:58 [Daniela]
saz: will put some templates up and provide link
13:51:35 [Daniela]
saz: more difficult task is thing on server side scripting
13:53:19 [Daniela]
cv: we need generated content dependant on user input for some test cases
13:54:03 [Daniela]
saz: e.g. for sc2.5.1, does the code need to actually run?
13:54:48 [Daniela]
saz: there is a number of technologies that will be supported, but not all / not all kinds of versions
13:55:19 [Daniela]
cv: for bentoweb, we are e.g. using jsp running under tomcat
13:56:45 [Daniela]
saz: have to talk to systems team about what can be supported
13:59:46 [Daniela]
saz: still not clear if examples have to run on w3c server
14:01:02 [Daniela]
do: important for content review to have samples running
14:01:55 [Daniela]
mc: samples do not have directly tested
14:02:15 [Daniela]
cv: for the review process it would be important to have running testfiles
14:03:05 [Daniela]
saz: who should have access? only this group or the public?
14:04:34 [Daniela]
saz: should evaluation tools be able to run test suites directly on w3c server or is it enough that they are downloaded and run somewhere else?
14:04:54 [Daniela]
cv: from marketing point of view: would be nice if the run on w3c
14:06:04 [Daniela]
saz: can we agree to one technology (e.g. JSP=?
14:06:53 [Daniela]
cv: from bentoweb view: jsp is the only technology used
14:07:33 [Daniela]
ci: the problem is to reduce the scope of contributions from outside bentoweb
14:08:04 [Daniela]
saz: what if someone comes along with ASP?
14:08:37 [Daniela]
cv: state on homepage which technologies will be supported
14:08:48 [Daniela]
saz: which ones to restrict? we cannot support all...
14:09:39 [Daniela]
ci: it's clear that we cannot support ALL technologies, but reducing to only 1 technology could be problematic
14:10:07 [Daniela]
ci: perhaps contributors can provide running samples on own domain
14:11:57 [Daniela]
saz: has overview on requirements now, will check with WAI folks and systems group
14:12:34 [Daniela]
ACTION: saz will check which technologies are supportable and which not
14:14:02 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:14:02 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Tools, closed
14:14:04 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:14:05 [Zakim]
3. Locations [from shadi]
14:14:06 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:14:06 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Locations" taken up [from shadi]
14:14:53 [Daniela]
cv: need a conclusion - but how can we solve that?
14:16:10 [Daniela]
cv summarizes contents from email discussion
14:17:20 [Daniela]
saz: does not have to be a tool that puts in the location
14:18:50 [Daniela]
mc: who do we want to inform about location of an error? author? evaluator? user?
14:19:07 [Daniela]
mc: source versus generated content
14:20:40 [Daniela]
mc: there are evaluation tools that take a look at source code if they are able to
14:22:40 [Daniela]
mc: there are cases where it makes sense to look at source, and others where generated content is important
14:24:32 [Daniela]
saz: consumer of the location information will be mainly people, not tools
14:25:35 [Daniela]
saz: tools will produce different results (e.g. missing alt - will the location be at the img element or at the alt attribut?)
14:26:10 [Daniela]
mc: location of errors can also be in two different files (e.g. inline css and external css)
14:28:25 [Daniela]
saz: not sure if we can specify more specific
14:29:49 [Daniela]
ci: what about location of error in two different documents (see css example above) - do we support that?
14:31:01 [Daniela]
saz: will need more discussion on that on mailing list?
14:31:50 [Daniela]
ACTION: cv check with cs if there could be a solution within metadata
14:33:11 [Daniela]
zakim, close agendum 3
14:33:12 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Locations, closed
14:33:13 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
14:33:14 [Zakim]
4. Assignment of reviewers for new test cases [from shadi]
14:33:23 [Daniela]
zakim, take up adendum 4
14:33:23 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up adendum 4', Daniela
14:33:35 [Daniela]
zakim, take up agendum 4
14:33:35 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Assignment of reviewers for new test cases" taken up [from shadi]
14:34:23 [Daniela]
cv: process in bentoweb took longer that expected - prefers to postpone evaluation process in TF till next week
14:35:02 [Daniela]
saz: next week some people will not be able to attend - so we could make next meeting in two weeks
14:35:33 [Zakim]
14:35:37 [Zakim]
14:35:38 [Zakim]
14:35:39 [Zakim]
14:35:40 [Zakim]
14:35:40 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
14:35:41 [Zakim]
Attendees were Daniela_Ortner, Shadi, Cooper, Vangelis_Karkaletsis, CarlosI, CarlosV
14:36:20 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:36:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
14:36:28 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:36:34 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:36:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate shadi
14:36:38 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:36:42 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:36:42 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in :
14:36:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: saz will check if it is possible to integrate a navigation bar on the homepage for internal usage [1]
14:36:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
14:36:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: saz will check which technologies are supportable and which not [2]
14:36:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
14:36:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cv check with cs if there could be a solution within metadata [3]
14:36:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
14:36:50 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has left #tsdtf