IRC log of swd on 2007-01-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swd
15:57:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-irc
15:57:42 [seanb]
seanb has joined #swd
15:57:43 [TomB]
rrsagent, bookmark
15:57:43 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-irc#T15-57-43
15:57:48 [TomB]
zakim, this will be swd
15:57:48 [Zakim]
ok, TomB, I see SW_SWD()11:00AM already started
15:57:56 [TomB]
Meeting: SWD WG
15:58:00 [TomB]
Chair: Tom
15:58:05 [berrueta]
berrueta has joined #swd
15:59:17 [dlrubin]
dlrubin has joined #swd
15:59:41 [guus]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0039.html
15:59:51 [TomB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0039.html
15:59:55 [TomB]
Chair: Tom
15:59:56 [Zakim]
+??P9
16:00:04 [TomB]
Chair: Guus
16:00:21 [Antoine]
Antoine has joined #swd
16:00:21 [guus]
zakim, ??p9 is Daniel
16:00:21 [Zakim]
+Daniel; got it
16:00:28 [TomB]
Previous: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html
16:01:25 [Zakim]
+??P0
16:01:27 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
16:01:32 [berrueta]
zakim, CarlosI is me
16:01:32 [Zakim]
+berrueta; got it
16:01:34 [TomB]
Regrets: Elisa, Sean
16:01:43 [RalphS]
Regrets+ Ralph
16:01:44 [TomB]
rrsagent, please make record public
16:01:45 [guus]
zakim, ??p0 is Sean
16:01:45 [Zakim]
+Sean; got it
16:01:47 [Zakim]
+ +7.031.4.aaaa
16:02:06 [dlrubin]
scribenick: dlrubin
16:02:13 [guus]
zakim, 7.031.4.aaaa is Antoine
16:02:14 [Zakim]
sorry, guus, I do not recognize a party named '7.031.4.aaaa'
16:02:54 [TomB]
Regrets+ BenA
16:04:07 [dlrubin]
Chair: Guus
16:04:21 [TomB]
scribenick: dlrubin
16:04:28 [RalphS]
Previous: 2007-01-09 http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html
16:04:29 [aliman]
aliman has joined #swd
16:04:30 [JonP]
JonP has joined #swd
16:04:32 [dlrubin]
Topic: Amin
16:04:43 [dlrubin]
Topic: Admin
16:05:24 [Zakim]
+??P40
16:05:24 [Zakim]
+Jon_Phipps
16:05:24 [TomB]
Regrets+ Bernard
16:06:26 [Zakim]
-berrueta
16:06:28 [dlrubin]
Guus: The agenda is on the wiki for the F2F
16:07:37 [dlrubin]
Guus: Monday night is meeting with Semantic Web group.
16:07:43 [dlrubin]
...everyone is invited
16:08:13 [TomB]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:08:24 [Zakim]
TomB, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [IPcaller] (80%), ??P7 (44%), aliman (13%)
16:08:51 [dlrubin]
Chair: Tom
16:09:06 [guus]
zakim mute Guus
16:09:11 [seanb]
might also be me making noise as I'm skyping in......
16:09:17 [TomB]
zakim, please mute Guus
16:09:17 [Zakim]
sorry, TomB, I do not know which phone connection belongs to Guus
16:09:26 [TomB]
zakim, who is on the call?
16:09:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller], ??P7, Daniel, Sean, Antoine, aliman, Jon_Phipps
16:09:44 [guus]
ok
16:10:04 [Zakim]
+berrueta
16:10:12 [dlrubin]
Tom: Proposal to accept minutes from last tcon...
16:10:16 [guus]
second
16:10:25 [dlrubin]
...accepted
16:10:37 [dlrubin]
...Next tcon on Jan 30.
16:11:12 [dlrubin]
[continued] ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe duties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
16:11:20 [TomB]
--continued
16:11:53 [dlrubin]
Tom: Face-to-face organizational issues
16:12:01 [dlrubin]
...Everyone should be registered for the F2F meeting
16:12:12 [dlrubin]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/01/MGMoverview.html
16:12:28 [dlrubin]
Agenda:
16:12:28 [dlrubin]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Agenda20060122
16:12:28 [TomB]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Agenda20060122
16:13:01 [guus]
we have now 10 ftf participants
16:13:01 [dlrubin]
[DONE] ACTION: Everyone should be registered for the F2F by 10 Jan [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-swd-minutes.html#action02]
16:13:08 [guus]
plus 4 observers
16:13:16 [dlrubin]
Logistics:
16:13:17 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0031.html
16:13:36 [dlrubin]
Topic: SKOS REQUIREMENTS
16:14:10 [dlrubin]
URIs for Issues:
16:14:10 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0025.html
16:14:27 [dlrubin]
Topic: OTHER DELIVERABLES
16:14:31 [guus]
status use cases SKOS?
16:14:34 [aliman]
q+ to ask about issue URI resolution
16:14:56 [dlrubin]
Antoine: We have started the addition of use cases
16:15:17 [dlrubin]
...Edited use cases on wiki is growing. There is both a summary and detailed versions.
16:15:31 [dlrubin]
...the summary will go into the edited use case document if the detail is appropriate.
16:15:51 [dlrubin]
...We have produced something that keeps the key details
16:16:26 [Antoine]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/EditedUCs
16:16:54 [dlrubin]
Antoine: half of our use cases have been edited.
16:17:02 [dlrubin]
Tom: what do you mean by edited?
16:17:13 [dlrubin]
Antoine: we have edited half of the use cases
16:17:23 [guus]
Antoine et al: please post advice on the list with guidelines on what to read
16:17:31 [dlrubin]
Tom: We have a delay in the channel
16:17:59 [dlrubin]
...We need to make clear the expectations of how the WG should prepare for the meeting.
16:18:26 [dlrubin]
...Should we all read the edited use cases? Or should we look at something else?
16:18:40 [dlrubin]
Antoine: reading the edited use cases is good preparation.
16:18:41 [guus]
if we should read everything, pls give priority
16:18:55 [dlrubin]
...I can gather them into an html doc so people can read the summaries.
16:19:19 [guus]
Antoine: will you take an action for this?
16:19:22 [dlrubin]
Tom: We should have some strategy for reading them. A sense of priority and which parts we should read carefully.
16:19:30 [aliman]
scribenick: aliman
16:19:44 [aliman]
daniel: different terminologies have different needs ...
16:19:58 [aliman]
critical information to gather, some people have put it into use cases, some havent' ...
16:20:10 [aliman]
don't know if we want to go to that level of detail for meeting?
16:20:11 [guus]
yes, very relevant: this kind of provenance req
16:20:30 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Antoine to post note to list describing how members of WG should prepare for the F2F
16:20:45 [guus]
did Antoine agree?
16:20:50 [Antoine]
I agree
16:20:54 [aliman]
q+ to mention some thoughts on use cases
16:21:02 [TomB]
ack aliman
16:21:02 [Zakim]
aliman, you wanted to ask about issue URI resolution and to mention some thoughts on use cases
16:21:09 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Daniel to state problem with suggestion of where to look in preparing for this discussion of collecting metadata requriements.
16:21:10 [guus]
ack aliman
16:22:15 [dlrubin]
Alister: We need to analyze the work going on to understand how SKOS fits in
16:22:33 [dlrubin]
...Then there would be another level of detail in which we determine how to represent vocabularies.
16:23:24 [dlrubin]
Alister: The questionnaire was written to gather understanding of the work as well as get the level
16:23:35 [dlrubin]
dlrubin: some people aren't providing that level of detail.
16:23:49 [dlrubin]
Alister: we may need to go back to the communities
16:23:59 [dlrubin]
...I'm not sure the level of detail to focus on at the meeting
16:24:11 [dlrubin]
Tom: we need to have guidance for a strategy for reading the material
16:25:09 [aliman]
dlrubin: two-tiered approach
16:25:10 [guus]
but we should also start listing reqs
16:25:25 [dlrubin]
dlrubin: I suggest the F2F reviewing the application areas first and then summarizing the missing detail
16:25:43 [dlrubin]
Alister: would be good idea to review the applications in context before going into detail
16:25:49 [guus]
at the ftf
16:25:55 [aliman]
Antoine has started a req list on http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/CandidateReqList
16:26:07 [dlrubin]
Antoine: Perhaps we can start discussing based on this.
16:26:28 [dlrubin]
...When editing my use cases, I was thinking of RQs tested at my place.
16:26:29 [guus]
Antione: you could give a short shot at ftf
16:26:33 [aliman]
s/Alister/Alistair/
16:26:42 [TomB]
Antoine: has started a req list on http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/CandidateReqList
16:27:02 [aliman]
Me saw http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/CandidateReqList - looks good so far :)
16:27:43 [guus]
brainstorm session on reqs at ftf, with rough thoughts as input ?!
16:28:09 [guus]
[pls]
16:28:10 [TomB]
zakim, please unmute guus
16:28:10 [Zakim]
sorry, TomB, I do not know which phone connection belongs to guus
16:28:29 [TomB]
zakim, please unmute IPCaller
16:28:29 [Zakim]
[IPcaller] should no longer be muted
16:28:42 [TomB]
zakim, IPCaller is guus
16:28:43 [Zakim]
sorry, TomB, I do not recognize a party named 'IPCaller'
16:29:04 [dlrubin]
Guus: If the editors have the initial list, we can bootstrap the session with these thoughts at the F2F
16:29:16 [dlrubin]
...would be useful if have initial list, to work from that
16:29:23 [guus]
zakim, mute IPCaller
16:29:23 [Zakim]
sorry, guus, I do not know which phone connection belongs to IPCaller
16:29:30 [dlrubin]
Alister: I think the list is useful
16:29:48 [dlrubin]
Tom: The list is useful for discussion?
16:29:50 [guus]
zakim, mute guus
16:29:50 [Zakim]
guus was already muted, guus
16:30:00 [dlrubin]
Alister: yes, at least to have a look through that list
16:30:19 [dlrubin]
Tom: so, we will focus on the RQ list
16:30:48 [dlrubin]
Antoine: I can produce links to the UCs
16:30:58 [guus]
great
16:31:19 [dlrubin]
Tom: Anotine, you will be leading the discussion on UCs and RQs?
16:31:22 [dlrubin]
Antoine: yes
16:31:28 [dlrubin]
Tom: any other discussion?
16:31:42 [dlrubin]
Alister: I'll roll out the new SKOS website later this week
16:31:55 [dlrubin]
Topic: OTHER DELIVERABLES
16:32:13 [dlrubin]
Topic: RDF in XHTML
16:32:27 [guus]
busy with the reviews
16:32:29 [dlrubin]
[CONTINUE] ACTION: guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
16:32:51 [dlrubin]
[CONTINUE] ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
16:33:06 [guus]
reviews expected to be completed on Thursday
16:33:09 [dlrubin]
[DONE] ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
16:33:24 [dlrubin]
[CONTINUE] ACTION: Daniel will review RDFa. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action08]
16:33:40 [guus]
pointers in Ben's message
16:34:02 [dlrubin]
dlrubin: I need to get urls to the 2 documents to be reviewed
16:34:24 [aliman]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/scenarios/20070109/
16:34:24 [guus]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0015.html
16:34:33 [aliman]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/primer/20070104/Overview.html
16:34:43 [dlrubin]
Topic: Deliverable 2: Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies
16:35:03 [dlrubin]
Issue COOKBOOK-I1.1 (Diego):
16:35:03 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0005.html
16:35:44 [dlrubin]
Diego: I suggest to remove the to-do from the document
16:36:23 [aliman]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0033.html proposed resolution
16:36:27 [dlrubin]
Alister: Diego proposed a resolution, simply to remove the to-do text since he has verified what has been said in the doc is correct
16:36:36 [dlrubin]
Issue COOKBOOK-I1.1 (Diego):
16:36:36 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0005.html
16:36:46 [dlrubin]
Issue COOKBOOK-I1.1 (Diego):
16:36:46 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0005.html
16:37:05 [guus]
put decision on ftf agenda
16:37:13 [dlrubin]
[DONE] ACTION: Diego progress issue COOKBOOK-I1.1 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/09-swd-minutes.html#action10]
16:37:20 [guus]
status is OPEN
16:38:38 [dlrubin]
Tom: For RDFa and publishing RDF vocabularies, would be helpful if we could have a posting to the list explaining how members should prepare for the discussion
16:38:51 [dlrubin]
...a reminder that the texts are linked to the agenda
16:39:06 [dlrubin]
...would help if we have for each agenda item a short guide to preparing for the meeting
16:39:18 [dlrubin]
...can someone volunteer to do this for RDAa?
16:39:37 [dlrubin]
...can someone volunteer for the recipies?
16:39:42 [dlrubin]
John: I can do that
16:39:56 [dlrubin]
Tom: we are at end of agenda
16:40:09 [dlrubin]
...we need guidance on preparing for RDFa discussion
16:40:21 [guus]
minimum: read two docs
16:40:50 [guus]
link is in channel
16:40:51 [dlrubin]
Tom: was link to Ben's posting entered earlier?
16:41:16 [TomB]
Tom: At a minimum, everyone should read http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jan/0015.html for RDFa discussion
16:41:29 [guus]
for recipes: read current WD
16:41:34 [dlrubin]
Tom: any other items of business?
16:41:48 [guus]
[sorry, Jon]
16:41:53 [dlrubin]
...Jon will post a suggestions of what to pay attention to in this doc
16:42:03 [dlrubin]
Tom: I move that we close the meeting
16:42:11 [guus]
ok to adjourn
16:42:19 [guus]
[sorry for my sound quality]
16:42:23 [dlrubin]
Tom: thanks everyone. See you in boston
16:42:24 [guus]
bye
16:42:33 [dlrubin]
zakim, meeting adjourned
16:42:33 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'meeting adjourned', dlrubin
16:42:34 [guus]
see you in Boston
16:42:36 [Zakim]
-Jon_Phipps
16:42:38 [Zakim]
-Sean
16:42:42 [dlrubin]
zakim, list attendees
16:42:42 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Daniel, berrueta, Sean, Antoine, Jon_Phipps, aliman, guus
16:42:44 [Zakim]
-berrueta
16:42:53 [dlrubin]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
16:42:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-minutes.html dlrubin
16:42:54 [Zakim]
-guus
16:43:05 [TomB]
zakim, list attendees
16:43:05 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Daniel, berrueta, Sean, Antoine, Jon_Phipps, aliman, guus
16:43:09 [Zakim]
-Antoine
16:43:25 [TomB]
zakim, bye
16:43:25 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Daniel, berrueta, Sean, Antoine, Jon_Phipps, aliman, guus
16:43:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swd
16:43:31 [TomB]
rrsagent, bye
16:43:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-actions.rdf :
16:43:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Antoine to post note to list describing how members of WG should prepare for the F2F [1]
16:43:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-irc#T16-20-30
16:43:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Daniel to state problem with suggestion of where to look in preparing for this discussion of collecting metadata requriements. [2]
16:43:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-swd-irc#T16-21-09