IRC log of databinding on 2006-12-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:53:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
14:53:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-databinding-irc
14:53:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:53:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #databinding
14:53:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
14:53:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
14:53:43 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
14:53:43 [trackbot]
Date: 19 December 2006
14:58:21 [gcowe]
gcowe has joined #databinding
14:58:59 [pauld]
scribe: pauld
14:59:02 [pauld]
chair: pauld
14:59:06 [pauld]
Agenda:
14:59:48 [pauld]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Dec/0007.html
15:00:23 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
15:00:26 [Zakim]
+??P18
15:01:44 [pauld]
zakim, code?
15:01:44 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), pauld
15:01:48 [vlad]
vlad has joined #databinding
15:01:52 [Zakim]
+Paul_Downey
15:02:19 [pauld]
zakim, ??P18 is gcowe
15:02:19 [Zakim]
+gcowe; got it
15:02:33 [Zakim]
+??P32
15:02:46 [pauld]
zakim, ??P32 is vlad
15:02:46 [Zakim]
+vlad; got it
15:04:02 [Zakim]
+Jon_Calladine
15:04:03 [Zakim]
-Jon_Calladine
15:04:04 [Zakim]
+Jon_Calladine
15:05:11 [Zakim]
+Yves
15:05:32 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
15:11:23 [pauld]
yves: can't make the 8-9the
15:12:01 [pauld]
pauld: Ok, following week 13-15th in Nice
15:12:16 [pauld]
ACTION: ylafon to book room in Nice 13-15th
15:12:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-96 - Book room in Nice 13-15th [on Yves Lafon - due 2006-12-26].
15:12:23 [vlad]
vlad: i'm not available at that time
15:13:56 [pauld]
minutes from last telcon approved
15:14:55 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-2: test suite
15:14:58 [pauld]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Dec/0000.html
15:15:34 [pauld]
vlad: had problems with xs:include, propose not using includes, include the patterns in the example schemas
15:17:05 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/examples/6/09/StringElement/
15:18:19 [pauld]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/examples/6/09/StringElement/StringElement.xsd
15:21:22 [pauld]
pauld: are you saying the << element ref="" >> pattern is possibly problematic?
15:21:35 [pauld]
vlad: this one looks fine
15:23:20 [vlad]
<xs:element name="targetNamespace" type="xs:string"/>
15:23:23 [vlad]
was missing
15:24:13 [pauld]
pauld: in the case of TargetNamespace we have a generic issue with examples which are complete schemas
15:24:23 [pauld]
vlad: these examples are incomplete
15:26:25 [pauld]
pauld: first issue is one which george picked up around generating static include files
15:26:55 [pauld]
pauld: second is complete schemas don't have the echo element in the generated echoXXX.xsd schema and WSDL
15:27:24 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to fix echo examples for complete schemas such as TargetNamespace
15:27:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-97 - Fix echo examples for complete schemas such as TargetNamespace [on Paul Downey - due 2006-12-26].
15:29:17 [pauld]
pauld: not worried with the TargetNamespace example (coverage) but includes need fixing
15:30:04 [pauld]
yves: currently working on removing spurious text nodes (insignificant whitespace) for XMLUnit comparison
15:30:26 [pauld]
pauld: been try Axis testing working sought assistance within BT
15:30:56 [pauld]
pauld: no feed back from outside the Working Group, which is a worry
15:31:57 [pauld]
pauld: will contact some developers directly
15:32:55 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema
15:33:13 [pauld]
yves: nothing new on hosting the service
15:33:59 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to resurrect the generated schemtron stylesheet
15:34:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-98 - Resurrect the generated schemtron stylesheet [on Paul Downey - due 2006-12-26].
15:35:32 [pauld]
nice list of schemas in the wild posted to comments list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding-comments/2006Dec/0002.html
15:36:25 [pauld]
gcowe: continue to use the patterns detector internally
15:36:39 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-99: XSLT 2.0 terminology?
15:37:04 [pauld]
pauld: took an action, proposal still in my email buffer
15:37:25 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-100: LC: Basic Profile Compliant Import
15:38:19 [pauld]
pauld: this seems to be the only way to import a schema into a WSDL, access the elements from messages and be BP compliant
15:38:30 [pauld]
gcowe: not a chameleon schema!
15:38:34 [pauld]
pauld: no!
15:40:03 [pauld]
pauld: could be an issue, i'm not convinced it's valid due to schema import not being transitive
15:40:29 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to craft examples and patterns for ISSUE-100 transitive import
15:40:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-99 - Craft examples and patterns for ISSUE-100 transitive import [on Paul Downey - due 2006-12-26].
15:41:22 [pauld]
paul bores the WG with his explanation
15:41:32 [pauld]
gcowe: we don't encounter this issue.
15:42:18 [pauld]
pauld: could be an issue for the Basic Patterns document becasue no targetNamespace isn't allowed
15:43:00 [pauld]
.. suspect we could add this pattern if it's incorrect but could be a substabtive change
15:44:19 [pauld]
s/substb/substan/
15:44:34 [pauld]
jonc: so it's currently advanced?
15:45:12 [pauld]
.. can we craft a pattern to capture just this use
15:45:37 [pauld]
pauld: yes, we can detect noTargetNamespace schemas with nothing but imports in them
15:46:32 [pauld]
pauld: thinks the elements in the imported schema won't be available to a validator
15:46:53 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-101: fractionDigits, minLength and maxLength proposed patterns
15:47:04 [pauld]
pauld: new issue from George
15:47:18 [pauld]
gcowe: we found some patterns in our document
15:48:32 [pauld]
.. currently have patterns but these apply to xs:string, added patterns for our cases
15:48:34 [pauld]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Dec/0006
15:49:39 [pauld]
pauld: three patterns in one issue?
15:49:55 [pauld]
gcowe: fractions belongs with totalDigits
15:50:04 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 10 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:52:08 [pauld]
pauld: exercised how to process patterns with respect to the issues list
15:52:52 [pauld]
pauld: been adding new patterns as "pending"
15:55:04 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 5 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:56:09 [pauld]
pauld: would like George (and possibly Jon) to have CVS access and work from the patterns.xml and examples.xml rather than the ISSUES list
15:56:30 [pauld]
pauld: we can batch accept patterns as Advanced and track as ISSUES at the F2F
15:57:51 [pauld]
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-101 as Advanced patterns
15:58:05 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 2 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:58:42 [Zakim]
-vlad
15:58:44 [Zakim]
-Jon_Calladine
15:58:44 [Zakim]
-Yves
15:58:46 [Zakim]
-Paul_Downey
15:58:53 [Zakim]
-gcowe
15:58:54 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
15:58:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were Paul_Downey, gcowe, vlad, Jon_Calladine, Yves
15:59:17 [pauld]
pauld: happy Christmas/New Year/Holidays everybody, see you on the 16th Jan
15:59:29 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:59:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/12/19-databinding-minutes.html pauld
15:59:41 [pauld]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:34:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding
18:01:39 [pauld]
pauld has left #databinding