IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-12-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:34:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:34:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-wai-wcag-irc
20:34:54 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
20:34:59 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:35:06 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:35:06 [Zakim]
ok, ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 35 minutes ago
20:35:13 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:35:21 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006OctDec/0192.html
20:35:29 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:35:36 [ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:36:29 [ben]
Regrets: Bruce_Bailey, Roberto_Scano, Don_Evans
20:36:39 [ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:36:50 [ben]
agenda+ Conformance Proposals (30 November 2006)
20:37:06 [ben]
agenda+ Team C Survey (07 December)
20:37:12 [ben]
scribe: ben
20:37:26 [ben]
agenda+ Editors survey for 07 December
20:37:48 [ben]
agenda+ Team B survey for 14 December (Replaces 07 December survey)
20:49:14 [Lucamascaro]
Lucamascaro has joined #wai-wcag
20:53:50 [Lucamascaro]
Lucamascaro has joined #wai-wcag
20:54:53 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:55:08 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:55:38 [Lucamascaro_]
Lucamascaro_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:56:09 [Lucamascaro_]
Lucamascaro_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:50 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:55 [Luca]
Luca has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:17 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:58:23 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:58:36 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:44 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:58:52 [ben]
zakim, ??P4 is Ben_Caldwell
20:58:52 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:59:05 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:59:11 [ben]
zakim, ??P3 is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:59:11 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:59:18 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:59:37 [rellero__]
rellero__ has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:38 [ben]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:59:38 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:59:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.253.aaaa - is perhaps Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:00:09 [Zakim]
+??P8
21:00:21 [bengt]
zakim, ??P8 is Bengt_Farre
21:00:21 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:00:24 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:40 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:00:41 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
21:00:41 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:00:44 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:00:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos-Shea, Ben_Caldwell, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bengt_Farre, Makoto_Ueki
21:01:33 [Zakim]
+Cooper
21:01:37 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:49 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
21:01:49 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
21:02:13 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
21:02:31 [Zakim]
+ +44.117.971.aabb
21:02:37 [Zakim]
+??P12
21:02:49 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
21:02:55 [Luca]
Zakim, ??P12 is Luca
21:02:55 [Zakim]
+Luca; got it
21:02:59 [Luca]
Zakim, mute me
21:02:59 [Zakim]
Luca should now be muted
21:03:10 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:53 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:05 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:04:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos-Shea, Ben_Caldwell, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bengt_Farre, Makoto_Ueki (muted), Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe,
21:04:08 [Zakim]
... Sean_Hayes, Luca (muted), Sofia_Celic
21:04:10 [Zakim]
+??P14
21:04:20 [ben]
zakim, ??P14 is Sorcha_Moore
21:04:20 [Zakim]
+Sorcha_Moore; got it
21:04:25 [rellero__]
Zakim, ?14 is Roberto_Ellero
21:04:25 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero__, I do not recognize a party named '?14'
21:04:31 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
21:04:43 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
21:05:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:05:06 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:05:06 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from ben]
21:05:16 [Zakim]
+??P16
21:05:17 [rellero__]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Ellero
21:05:17 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:05:26 [rellero__]
Zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
21:05:26 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
21:05:30 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:05:32 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:32 [Sorcha]
Zakim, P16 is Sorcha
21:05:32 [Zakim]
sorry, Sorcha, I do not recognize a party named 'P16'
21:05:43 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:05:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos-Shea, Ben_Caldwell, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bengt_Farre, Makoto_Ueki (muted), Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe,
21:05:48 [Zakim]
... Sean_Hayes, Luca (muted), Sofia_Celic, John_Slatin, Roberto_Ellero (muted), ??P16, Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:05:49 [David_MacDonald]
Scribe: David
21:05:51 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:06:07 [Sorcha]
Zakim, ??P16 is Sorcha
21:06:07 [Zakim]
+Sorcha; got it
21:06:15 [Sorcha]
Zakim, mute me
21:06:15 [Zakim]
Sorcha should now be muted
21:06:43 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:06:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos-Shea, Ben_Caldwell, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bengt_Farre, Makoto_Ueki (muted), Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe,
21:06:46 [Zakim]
... Sean_Hayes, Luca (muted), Sofia_Celic, John_Slatin, Roberto_Ellero (muted), Sorcha (muted), Andi_Snow_Weaver, Alex_Li
21:07:06 [ben]
scribe: David_MacDonald
21:08:08 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
21:08:33 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:08:44 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
21:09:01 [ben]
regrets- Bruce_Bailey
21:10:03 [Aihal]
agenda?
21:10:09 [Aihal]
zakim, take up item 1
21:10:12 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from ben]
21:11:25 [Aihal]
q+
21:13:57 [Aihal]
ack m
21:14:00 [ben]
06AeWT subgroup discussion01
21:14:05 [Aihal]
ack a
21:14:20 [ben]
06ATAG release01 http://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/
21:16:35 [ben]
ack alex
21:20:12 [David_MacDonald]
Reviewers for ATAG: Alex, lorretta, becky, bruce baily, Michael, David
21:20:30 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:20:31 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
21:20:32 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:20:33 [Zakim]
2. Conformance Proposals (30 November 2006) [from ben]
21:20:47 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:22:06 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: adopt unanimous consent,LC-995, LC-1081, LC-1305
21:22:11 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:22:11 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Conformance Proposals (30 November 2006)" taken up [from ben]
21:29:19 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:30:49 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:31:35 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: rename established list propsal to "correct use of non-AEWT" and move the paragraph about AEWT lists in front of the criteria for AEWT.
21:31:55 [Zakim]
-Sorcha
21:32:10 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:32:15 [Zakim]
+??P16
21:32:35 [Sorcha]
Zakim, ??P16 is Sorcha
21:32:35 [Zakim]
+Sorcha; got it
21:32:47 [Sorcha]
Zakim, mute me
21:32:47 [Zakim]
Sorcha should now be muted
21:33:57 [Zakim]
+??P19
21:35:13 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept CC-1 as worded
21:35:56 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Accept CC-2 as worded
21:36:52 [Zakim]
-Luca
21:37:17 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Combine CC-2, 3 and 4
21:37:27 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:38:50 [Luca_]
Luca_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:44:51 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Delete CC-5 Futur technique B2 "Providing links to alternatives along with explanations of the purpose of those links:
21:45:09 [David_MacDonald]
s/Futur/Future
21:48:38 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:48:45 [David_MacDonald]
action: Gregg and others, Fix understanding CC "Alternate Version" to make it clear that the inaccessible page is not accessible because it has an alternative.
21:50:30 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
21:50:50 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:51:27 [David_MacDonald]
s/to make it clear that the inaccessible page is not accessible because it has an alternative./a page that contains inaccessible content may conform if it contains an accessible link to accessible/conforming content
21:52:06 [Aihal]
Note to check the processor gets action item right
21:52:17 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:57:31 [ben]
zakim, ??P19 is Cynthia_Shelly
21:57:31 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
21:57:35 [ben]
ack P19
21:57:39 [ben]
ack ??
21:59:51 [David_MacDonald]
action: Gregg, Cynthia sophia work on understanding conformance to capture the ground of "if you can make it accessible good, but sometimes parallel versions are ok it they pull the same data but it is a problem if there are 2 co0ies of content."
21:59:52 [Loretta]
q?
22:00:02 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
22:00:14 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
22:00:24 [David_MacDonald]
s/co0ies/copies
22:00:41 [Zakim]
-Sorcha
22:00:48 [David_MacDonald]
s/ok it/ok if
22:02:47 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept old criatia 5 understanding that we are working in the feedback
22:03:03 [David_MacDonald]
s/ciatia/criteria
22:04:07 [Christophe]
s/criatia/criterion
22:06:35 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
22:15:46 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Accept CC 6 as amended with a note: "this section on Content Negotiation still being explored in its entirety",
22:17:54 [David_MacDonald]
Action: Christophe and Sean, 3rd week of january,
22:18:39 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
22:18:39 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
22:19:32 [David_MacDonald]
action 3 = Christophe and Sean, work on CC 6 Content Negotiation, due 3rd week of january
22:25:18 [David_MacDonald]
Action: Alex, loretta, Don, David, Cynthia, Gregg to explore Task Based approach after Christmas
22:26:04 [David_MacDonald]
action 4 = Action: Alex, Sean, loretta, Don, David, Cynthia, Gregg to explore Task Based approach after Christmas
22:26:13 [Sofia]
q+
22:26:25 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
22:26:34 [Gregg]
q?
22:26:45 [Gregg]
ack s
22:30:21 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Adopt CC 7 as edited
22:35:23 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
22:38:39 [Loretta]
\me If a Web page that is part of a process or task does not conform at some level, then no conformance claim can be made at that level for any Web pages in that process.
22:39:15 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
22:41:31 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:43:05 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
22:45:50 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:45:54 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:46:19 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:48:16 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Adjust wording of process..."If a Web page that is part of a process does not conform at some level, then no conformance claim is made at that level for any Web pages in that process." This clause pending the definition of "process"
22:54:52 [ben]
ack Alex
22:58:08 [Aihal]
q+ to say we're straying into aggregated content territory
23:01:29 [ben]
ack Cyn
23:01:32 [ben]
ack Aih
23:01:32 [Zakim]
Aihal, you wanted to say we're straying into aggregated content territory
23:02:51 [ben]
ack Bruce
23:04:39 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:05:30 [David_MacDonald]
q+
23:05:42 [Loretta]
q+
23:06:00 [Loretta]
ack alex
23:06:12 [Loretta]
q-
23:06:35 [Loretta]
ack dav
23:07:38 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
23:09:06 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:12:17 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:12:33 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
23:14:23 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept "Conformance exceptions" sections with the understanding that we clarify editiing and provide sufficient techniques for user submitted section
23:15:14 [Loretta]
ack b
23:16:07 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
23:16:11 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:16:12 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:16:13 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:16:14 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:16:14 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:16:15 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:16:16 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:16:17 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:16:19 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:16:21 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:16:22 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:16:22 [jslatin]
quit
23:16:24 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:16:26 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
23:16:26 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:16:28 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:16:28 [Loretta]
quit
23:16:30 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
23:16:32 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
23:16:34 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:16:35 [Loretta]
exit
23:16:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ben_Caldwell, David_MacDonald, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Gregg_Vanderheiden, +1.650.253.aaaa, Bengt_Farre, Makoto_Ueki, Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, +44.117.971.aabb,
23:16:39 [Zakim]
... Sofia_Celic, Luca, Sean_Hayes, Sorcha_Moore, John_Slatin, Roberto_Ellero, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Alex_Li, Sorcha, Becky_Gibson, Bruce_Bailey, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly
23:17:30 [ben]
yep, that was Sean
23:20:40 [ben]
Present: Katie_Haritos-Shea, Ben_Caldwell, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bengt_Farre, Makoto_Ueki, Michael_Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe, Sean_Hayes, Luca_Mascaro, Sofia_Celic, John_Slatin, Roberto_Ellero, Sorcha_Moore, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Bruce_Bailey, Becky_Gibson
23:21:38 [ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg and others, Fix understanding CC "Alternate Version" to make it clear that the inaccessible page is not accessible because it has an alternative. [1]
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-wai-wcag-irc#T21-48-45
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg, Cynthia sophia work on understanding conformance to capture the ground of "if you can make it accessible good, but sometimes parallel versions are ok it they pull the same data but it is a problem if there are 2 co0ies of content." [2]
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-wai-wcag-irc#T21-59-51
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Christophe and Sean, work on CC 6 Content Negotiation, due 3rd week of january [3]
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-wai-wcag-irc#T22-17-54
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Action: Alex, Sean, loretta, Don, David, Cynthia, Gregg to explore Task Based approach after Christmas [4]
23:21:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-wai-wcag-irc#T22-25-18
23:21:41 [ben]
Zakim, Bye
23:21:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag