IRC log of er on 2006-12-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:51:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
14:51:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/12/13-er-irc
14:51:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
14:51:47 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
14:51:47 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
14:51:53 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
14:51:58 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
14:52:30 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Dec/0051.html
14:52:44 [shadi]
regrets: Shane, Daniela
14:52:55 [shadi]
agenda+ publishing HTTP Vocabulary in RDF
14:53:11 [shadi]
agenda+ addressing warnings in EARL
14:53:21 [shadi]
agenda+ pick up on new listed issues
14:53:35 [shadi]
agenda+ date for upcoming face-to-face
14:53:46 [shadi]
agenda+ winter break meeting schedule
14:56:49 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has joined #er
14:57:51 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
15:00:14 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
15:00:17 [Zakim]
+Shadi
15:00:48 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
15:00:55 [Zakim]
+berrueta
15:01:15 [davidr]
davidr has joined #er
15:01:35 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
15:01:37 [Zakim]
+??P8
15:01:55 [shadi]
zakim, ??p8 is really David
15:01:55 [Zakim]
+David; got it
15:02:13 [CarlosI]
zakim, berrueta is really CarlosI
15:02:13 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
15:02:19 [JohannesK]
zakim, klaus is really Johannes
15:02:19 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
15:02:28 [shadi]
regrets: Shane, Daniela, Shane
15:02:34 [shadi]
regrets: Shane, Daniela, Charles
15:03:37 [shadi]
scribe: Johannes
15:03:43 [shadi]
scribenick: JohannesK
15:04:15 [shadi]
agenda?
15:04:54 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:04:54 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "publishing HTTP Vocabulary in RDF" taken up [from shadi]
15:05:12 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:05:13 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:05:44 [JohannesK]
SAZ: let's postpone agenda item 2 (addressing warnings in EARL)
15:06:04 [shadi]
zakim, unmute me
15:06:04 [Zakim]
Shadi should no longer be muted
15:06:36 [JohannesK]
SAZ: thanks for the response
15:07:19 [JohannesK]
RESOLUTION: publish 'HTTP vocabulary in RDF' as WD
15:07:21 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:07:47 [shadi]
zakim, ??p0 is really Chris
15:07:47 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
15:07:52 [JibberJim]
JibberJim has joined #er
15:08:15 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
15:08:15 [Zakim]
agendum 1, publishing HTTP Vocabulary in RDF, closed
15:08:16 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:08:18 [Zakim]
2. addressing warnings in EARL [from shadi]
15:08:23 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:08:23 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "pick up on new listed issues" taken up [from shadi]
15:09:11 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues
15:09:47 [JohannesK]
SAZ: stability of foaf:Organization
15:10:02 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:10:02 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:10:39 [JohannesK]
CI: I'm in favour, incubator group think it's stable enough
15:10:48 [shadi]
zakim, unmute me
15:10:48 [Zakim]
Shadi should no longer be muted
15:11:18 [JohannesK]
SAZ: any opposing ideas or concerns?
15:13:31 [JohannesK]
SAZ: adopt foaf:Organization to be used as an earl:SingleAssertor (recommended like foaf:Person)
15:14:08 [JohannesK]
RESOLUTION: adopt foaf:Organization to be used as an earl:SingleAssertor (recommended like foaf:Person)
15:14:34 [JohannesK]
SAZ: renaming of earl:validity
15:14:45 [Zakim]
+??P1
15:14:59 [shadi]
zakim, ??p1 is really Jim
15:14:59 [Zakim]
+Jim; got it
15:15:35 [JohannesK]
SAZ: was comment by Phil Archer
15:15:44 [JohannesK]
SAZ: could be earl:outcome instead
15:15:51 [JohannesK]
SAZ: any comments?
15:17:09 [JohannesK]
CI: Phil's comments make sense, validation is only one type of test; not sure about earl:outcome
15:18:37 [JohannesK]
ACTION: david to find a nice alternative for validity
15:19:25 [JohannesK]
s/nice alternative/couple of nice alternatives/
15:19:46 [JohannesK]
SAZ: consider stand-alone pointer vocabulary
15:20:19 [JohannesK]
SAZ: create WG note from that
15:21:15 [JohannesK]
SAZ: Jim, would you like to?
15:21:27 [JohannesK]
Jim: yes
15:22:24 [JohannesK]
ACTION: Jim to create a WG note about pointer vocabulary
15:22:34 [JohannesK]
SAZ: consider WCL "groups of resources"
15:23:34 [JohannesK]
SAZ: was comment by Phil Archer
15:24:10 [JohannesK]
SAZ: web content labelling incubator group is planning to work on this
15:24:27 [JohannesK]
SAZ: it may take a while
15:26:53 [JohannesK]
Jim: let's wait and see
15:28:02 [JohannesK]
Jim: but publish before that
15:28:40 [JohannesK]
SAZ: this seems to be the only open issue for the next WD
15:29:19 [JohannesK]
RESOLUTION: we will not hold EARL publication, but will monitor development in WCL
15:30:00 [JohannesK]
ACTION: SAZ to update issues list
15:30:24 [JohannesK]
SAZ: everyone have a look at issues list
15:30:30 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 3
15:30:30 [Zakim]
agendum 3, pick up on new listed issues, closed
15:30:32 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:30:34 [Zakim]
2. addressing warnings in EARL [from shadi]
15:30:38 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:30:38 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "date for upcoming face-to-face" taken up [from shadi]
15:31:35 [JohannesK]
SAZ: Charles does not recommend Oslo because of low temperature
15:32:35 [CarlosI]
European W3C Symposium on eGovernment: http://www.w3c.es/Eventos/2007/eGov/
15:32:42 [JohannesK]
SAZ: there's a symposion in Gijon at Feb 01/02 2007
15:33:36 [JohannesK]
CI: beer is cheaper in Spain
15:35:59 [JohannesK]
SAZ: sometime within Feb 19-23?
15:36:26 [JohannesK]
SAZ: we'll probably have a Last Call by then
15:37:10 [JohannesK]
SAZ: have a new editors' draft of schema document in January, then publish a WDLC
15:38:45 [JohannesK]
SAZ: Carlos, how to fly to Gijon?
15:39:01 [JohannesK]
CI: via Madrid or Barcelona
15:39:44 [JohannesK]
CI: I could provide some logistics information
15:40:42 [JohannesK]
SAZ: proposal Feb 22/23 2007 at CTIC in Gijon
15:41:17 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 4
15:41:17 [Zakim]
agendum 4, date for upcoming face-to-face, closed
15:41:18 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:41:19 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 5
15:41:19 [Zakim]
2. addressing warnings in EARL [from shadi]
15:41:20 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "winter break meeting schedule" taken up [from shadi]
15:42:11 [JohannesK]
SAZ: last call this year next week, Dec 20?
15:42:45 [JohannesK]
SAZ: first in 2007 will be Jan 17
15:43:23 [JohannesK]
SAZ: anybody wants to meet at Dec 27?
15:43:27 [JohannesK]
David: no
15:44:14 [JohannesK]
Jim: short time between first call in 2007 and F2F (one month)
15:44:50 [CarlosI]
In case you want to start looking for flights The closer airport is the Asturias Airport (IATA code: OVD), placed at 15 Km. from Avilés, 38 Km. from Gijón.
15:45:38 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 5
15:45:38 [Zakim]
agendum 5, winter break meeting schedule, closed
15:45:39 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
15:45:40 [Zakim]
2. addressing warnings in EARL [from shadi]
15:45:41 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:45:41 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "addressing warnings in EARL" taken up [from shadi]
15:46:22 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Dec/0003
15:46:30 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2006Dec/0049
15:47:20 [JohannesK]
SAZ: first option is not to have warning at all
15:47:41 [JohannesK]
SAZ: second option is to have a Literal warning property
15:47:57 [JohannesK]
SAZ: third option is to have more complex warnings
15:50:22 [JohannesK]
JK: second option is to have warning properties together with a PASS test result?
15:50:29 [JohannesK]
SAZ: yes
15:51:10 [JohannesK]
SAZ: warning property of TestResult
15:53:08 [JohannesK]
CI: there won't be instances in second option
15:57:04 [JohannesK]
JK: no need for a complex even for CSS validator warnings
15:57:23 [JohannesK]
JK: TestResult with validity PASS, instance, and warning property
15:58:14 [JohannesK]
SAZ: is a warning a property of the test result or of the test case?
15:59:33 [Zakim]
-Chris
15:59:35 [ChrisR]
ChrisR has left #er
16:02:03 [JohannesK]
CI: should be in test result, not in test case description
16:07:31 [JohannesK]
SAZ: send your opinions about warnings to the list
16:07:42 [JohannesK]
SAZ: we should close this next week
16:07:43 [Zakim]
-David
16:07:44 [davidr]
davidr has left #er
16:07:46 [Zakim]
-Jim
16:07:48 [Zakim]
-Johannes
16:07:52 [Zakim]
-Shadi
16:07:53 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
16:07:56 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
16:07:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas, David, CarlosI, Johannes, Chris, Jim
16:11:07 [shadi]
Zakim, bye
16:11:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
16:11:16 [shadi]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:11:21 [shadi]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:11:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/12/13-er-minutes.html shadi
16:11:26 [shadi]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:11:31 [shadi]
RRSAgent, bye
16:11:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/13-er-actions.rdf :
16:11:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: david to find a nice alternative for validity [1]
16:11:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/13-er-irc#T15-18-37
16:11:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jim to create a WG note about pointer vocabulary [2]
16:11:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/13-er-irc#T15-22-24
16:11:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ to update issues list [3]
16:11:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/13-er-irc#T15-30-00