IRC log of swd on 2006-12-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:58:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swd
15:58:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc
15:58:45 [RalphS]
rrsagent, please make record public
15:58:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #swd
15:59:00 [RalphS]
zakim, this will be swd
15:59:00 [Zakim]
ok, RalphS, I see SW_SWD()11:00AM already started
15:59:06 [RalphS]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:59:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tom_Baker, Michael_Hausenblas
15:59:25 [Zakim]
+Ralph
15:59:36 [RalphS]
zakim, Ben_Adida is with Ralph
15:59:36 [Zakim]
+Ben_Adida; got it
15:59:54 [RalphS]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0049.html
16:00:18 [Zakim]
+??P28
16:00:32 [Zakim]
+JonP
16:00:34 [RalphS]
zakim, ??p28 is Sean
16:00:34 [Zakim]
+Sean; got it
16:01:12 [Bern]
Bern has joined #swd
16:01:42 [Zakim]
+CarlosI#
16:01:50 [berrueta]
Zakim, CarlosI# is me
16:01:54 [Zakim]
+berrueta; got it
16:02:15 [Zakim]
+Bern
16:02:42 [Zakim]
+??P10
16:03:39 [dlrubin]
dlrubin has joined #swd
16:03:45 [aliman]
aliman has joined #swd
16:03:52 [Zakim]
+??P46
16:04:05 [RalphS]
zakim, who's talking
16:04:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's talking', RalphS
16:04:06 [RalphS]
zakim, who's talking?
16:04:17 [Zakim]
RalphS, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tom_Baker (64%), Michael_Hausenblas (21%), Ralph (30%), Sean (10%), ??P46 (4%)
16:04:18 [aliman]
zakim, ??P46 is aliman
16:04:20 [Zakim]
+aliman; got it
16:04:23 [RalphS]
zakim, mute michael
16:04:23 [Zakim]
Michael_Hausenblas should now be muted
16:04:38 [RalphS]
zakim, unmute michael
16:04:38 [Zakim]
Michael_Hausenblas should no longer be muted
16:05:03 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:05:25 [RalphS]
zakim, ipcaller is DanBri
16:05:25 [Zakim]
+DanBri; got it
16:06:55 [danbri]
(call me "danbri", its easier and very precedented hereabouts...)
16:07:37 [aliman]
I just sent tidied minutes.
16:07:54 [aliman]
(Apologies for delay)
16:08:11 [TomB]
scribenick: seanb
16:08:14 [seanb]
scribenick: seanb
16:08:38 [seanb]
Topic: Admin
16:09:05 [mhausenblas]
+1
16:09:26 [seanb]
TomB: Propose to accept minutes
16:09:31 [seanb]
Daniel: Accepted
16:09:38 [seanb]
Daniel: seconded
16:10:11 [seanb]
ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe duties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
16:10:11 [seanb]
ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe duties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
16:10:19 [seanb]
-- continued
16:10:39 [Zakim]
+Guus_Schreiber
16:10:58 [Zakim]
-Guus_Schreiber
16:11:16 [seanb]
Bern: Who's planning to attend?
16:11:33 [benadida]
benadida has joined #SWD
16:11:50 [benadida]
I'm on the phone with Ralph, but I have to leave shortly because of a conflicting meeting
16:11:53 [seanb]
ralph: yes
16:11:56 [seanb]
alistair: yes
16:11:59 [seanb]
ben: yes
16:12:03 [seanb]
bernard: yes
16:12:05 [seanb]
diego: yes
16:12:10 [seanb]
daniel: no
16:12:14 [seanb]
jon: yes
16:12:22 [seanb]
michael: no
16:12:25 [seanb]
seanb: no
16:12:30 [seanb]
guus: yes
16:12:43 [seanb]
tom: no
16:12:47 [aliman]
danbri will you be at f2f in Jan?
16:13:05 [seanb]
danbri: unlikely
16:13:40 [seanb]
TomB: rough home page for wiki.
16:14:41 [seanb]
ACTION: guus and ralph to look at structure of SWD home page and wiki home page to make sure access is easy [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action07]
16:14:43 [seanb]
--done
16:15:20 [seanb]
ralph: talked with Sandro. Less optimistic that tools for Rules WG will
16:15:36 [seanb]
...be easily adopted unless we follow the same patterns of use. Not well documented.
16:16:04 [seanb]
ACTION: Ralph to liaise with Sandro re Documentation tools [recorded [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action01]
16:16:06 [seanb]
--done
16:16:20 [seanb]
Topic: SKOS Requirements
16:16:25 [seanb]
ACTION: Alistair to prepare issues list for January meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06]
16:16:28 [seanb]
--continues
16:16:45 [seanb]
ACTION: sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed issue format, directly into issues wiki page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04]
16:16:49 [seanb]
--continues
16:16:59 [seanb]
seanb: is there a page?
16:17:14 [seanb]
jon: probably not yet. WIll put one in there.
16:18:20 [seanb]
seanb: format from OWL, but the page is missing.
16:18:38 [seanb]
ACTION: Jon to create an issues page on the wiki
16:18:56 [seanb]
TomB: Comments on use case collection?
16:19:05 [seanb]
Jon: Received a few use cases.
16:19:12 [seanb]
...four maybe?
16:19:25 [seanb]
Daniel: From whom? Has enst to a few people.
16:19:33 [seanb]
Jon: Everything recceived has been copied to the list
16:19:41 [seanb]
Daniel: Posting what you receive?
16:19:45 [seanb]
Jon: After the meeting
16:19:57 [seanb]
...page for each one with a link to a siummary page on the wiki,
16:20:10 [seanb]
Daniel: What's the deadline? COntacted users,
16:20:31 [seanb]
...if they don't reply will do it for them. Problems of gettting people to fill out questionnaires
16:21:04 [seanb]
...if Jan 14th comes, without use cases, what happens? DO we fill them out ourselves
16:21:12 [seanb]
Alistair: ok for me.
16:21:29 [seanb]
ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07]
16:21:31 [seanb]
--continues
16:21:57 [seanb]
email from Elisa regarding status of this
16:22:09 [seanb]
Topic: 3. OTHER DELIVERABLES
16:22:17 [RalphS]
zakim, ralph no longer has ben
16:22:18 [Zakim]
ben was not listed in Ralph, RalphS
16:22:19 [Zakim]
-ben; got it
16:22:24 [seanb]
TomB: comment on other telecon?
16:22:24 [RalphS]
zakim, ralph no longer has ben_adida
16:22:24 [Zakim]
-Ben_Adida; got it
16:22:51 [seanb]
Michael: discussion about use cases. Discussed which use cases might be
16:23:06 [seanb]
...useful or extended. E.g. example from Mark with chemical science or multilingual
16:23:41 [seanb]
...looks like we're moving along. Next time deeper look at use cases. Please feel free
16:23:47 [seanb]
...to add use cases for RDFa
16:24:06 [seanb]
ACTION: guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
16:24:10 [seanb]
--continues
16:24:30 [seanb]
ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
16:24:38 [seanb]
--continues
16:24:56 [seanb]
TomB: Recipes deliverable. Any comments?
16:25:04 [aliman]
q+ to say about testing recipes
16:25:19 [seanb]
Jon: Set up a preliminary issues page including those forwarded from Best
16:25:33 [danbri]
q+ to note I semi-used it for FOAF ns, .... would be happy to take an action to send feedback
16:25:42 [seanb]
...Practices. Diego pointed out some issues in recent email.
16:25:48 [seanb]
...also unit tests (very useful)
16:26:08 [seanb]
Alistair: excited when Diego said he'd written unit tests. Exactly what's needed here.
16:26:23 [seanb]
...would be great to plan to accompany document with online validation service.
16:26:24 [RalphS]
Regrets: Antoine, Elisa
16:26:46 [seanb]
...asking if diego will make code available.
16:26:59 [seanb]
??: What's the W3C poliocy about hosting something like that?
16:27:12 [seanb]
Ralph: No clear policy. Different precedents for different tests.
16:27:58 [seanb]
DanBri: Used a version of the configuration from the document, but
16:28:07 [seanb]
..had to change it slightly.
16:28:10 [aliman]
danbri said: recently migrated foaf spec to new server, used a variation of one of recipes in document (but slightly adapted)
16:28:24 [aliman]
s/foaf spec/foaf vocab/
16:28:25 [seanb]
ACTION: DanBri to send a report on the configuration he used to the list
16:28:45 [seanb]
TomB; Principles for managing. No lead editor.
16:29:05 [seanb]
...call to SW list. See if anyone comes along who might be
16:29:30 [seanb]
...willing to pick it up.
16:29:36 [seanb]
Topic: AOB
16:29:44 [seanb]
no items.
16:29:53 [Zakim]
-Michael_Hausenblas
16:29:55 [Zakim]
-Daniel
16:29:55 [seanb]
meeting adjourned
16:29:57 [Zakim]
-aliman
16:29:58 [Zakim]
-Bern
16:30:01 [Zakim]
-Ralph
16:30:02 [Zakim]
-JonP
16:30:03 [Zakim]
-DanBri
16:30:06 [Zakim]
-berrueta
16:30:22 [seanb]
rssagent, please draft minutes
16:30:24 [TomB]
RalphS, you are no longer on zakim?
16:31:03 [RalphS]
I can dial back in
16:31:12 [dlrubin]
dlrubin has left #swd
16:31:23 [Zakim]
+Ralph
16:31:26 [seanb]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
16:31:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html seanb
16:31:52 [RalphS]
zakim, list attendees
16:31:52 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Tom_Baker, Michael_Hausenblas, Ralph, Ben_Adida, JonP, Sean, berrueta, Bern, Daniel, aliman, DanBri, Guus_Schreiber
16:32:08 [seanb]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
16:32:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html seanb
16:32:31 [RalphS]
Meeting: SWD WG
16:32:38 [RalphS]
Chair: Tom
16:32:55 [seanb]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
16:32:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-minutes.html seanb
16:34:53 [Zakim]
-Sean
16:40:13 [Zakim]
-Ralph
16:40:19 [Zakim]
-Tom_Baker
16:40:21 [Zakim]
SW_SWD()11:00AM has ended
16:40:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were Tom_Baker, Michael_Hausenblas, Ralph, Ben_Adida, JonP, Sean, berrueta, Bern, Daniel, aliman, DanBri, Guus_Schreiber
16:48:07 [danbri]
danbri has joined #swd
16:53:29 [guus]
guus has joined #swd
16:54:25 [guus]
[sorry, i as stuck in a train]
17:13:20 [seanb]
seanb has left #swd
18:25:47 [RalphS]
zakim, bye
18:25:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swd
18:25:49 [RalphS]
rrsagent, bye
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
I see 11 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-actions.rdf :
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe duties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01] [1]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-10-11
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: TomB and Guus to look at proposal for assigning scribe duties [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action01] [2]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-10-11-1
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: guus and ralph to look at structure of SWD home page and wiki home page to make sure access is easy [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action07] [3]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-14-41
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph to liaise with Sandro re Documentation tools [recorded [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action01] [4]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-16-04
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair to prepare issues list for January meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action06] [5]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-16-25
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sean to submit SKOS and rules issue using agreed issue format, directly into issues wiki page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action04] [6]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-16-45
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jon to create an issues page on the wiki [7]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-18-38
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Elisa to keep us posted as SKOS/iso 11179 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/11/28-swd-minutes.html#action07] [8]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-21-29
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: guus to review RDFa documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action08] [9]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-24-06
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: guus/tomb to put item on f2f agenda to make publication decision for RDFa documents (use cases and primer) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-swd-minutes.html#action09] [10]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-24-30
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanBri to send a report on the configuration he used to the list [11]
18:25:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/12-swd-irc#T16-28-25