IRC log of ws-desc on 2006-12-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:58:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-desc
14:58:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:58:20 [Jonathan]
Zakim, list conferences
14:58:20 [Zakim]
I see Math_WG()10:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM active
14:58:21 [TonyR]
TonyR has joined #ws-desc
14:58:22 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM, DI_DIWG(dpf)10:00AM, Team_Global(review)8:00AM, MWI_BPWG()10:00AM
14:58:34 [Jonathan]
Zakim, this will be WSDL
14:58:34 [Zakim]
ok, Jonathan; I see WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
15:00:08 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM has now started
15:00:17 [Zakim]
15:00:26 [TonyR]
zakim, ?? is me
15:00:26 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
15:03:47 [TonyR]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:03:58 [Zakim]
TonyR, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:05:57 [Jonathan]
Yes, suppose so...
15:06:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.514.964.aaaa
15:09:35 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ws-desc
15:10:31 [Zakim]
15:16:28 [Zakim]
15:17:25 [Zakim]
15:17:36 [TonyR]
zakim, ?? is ne
15:17:36 [Zakim]
+ne; got it
15:17:40 [TonyR]
zakim, ?? is me
15:17:40 [Zakim]
sorry, TonyR, I do not recognize a party named '??'
15:17:46 [TonyR]
zakim, ne is me
15:17:46 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
15:25:15 [Allen]
Allen has joined #ws-desc
15:30:46 [Zakim]
15:31:20 [Zakim]
15:32:25 [TomJ]
TomJ has joined #ws-desc
15:32:31 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-desc
15:32:38 [TomJ]
can't access conference on zakim
15:32:39 [Zakim]
15:33:12 [Zakim]
15:33:42 [asir]
can't access conference on Zakim
15:33:43 [Zakim]
15:33:57 [Zakim]
15:34:52 [Zakim]
15:35:41 [TonyR]
TOPIC: conference code is WSDL
15:35:51 [Jonathan]
Zakim, aaaa is Arthur
15:35:51 [Zakim]
+Arthur; got it
15:36:35 [Zakim]
15:36:44 [TomJ]
TomJ has changed the topic to: USe Zakim code "WSDL" to enter
15:36:54 [youenn]
youenn has joined #ws-desc
15:37:02 [TomJ]
TomJ has changed the topic to: Use Zakim code "WSDL"
15:38:11 [youenn]
Topic: approval of minutes
15:38:16 [youenn]
minutes approved
15:38:26 [youenn]
Topic: AI Review
15:39:57 [youenn]
Topic: administrivia
15:40:22 [asir]
15:40:30 [youenn]
Jonathan: arthur suggested to add canonicalization for WSDL1.1 component designators
15:42:30 [Jonathan]
ack asir
15:42:34 [youenn]
Arthur: If the WG agrees, we should recommend to add a canonicalization to be consistent with WSDL2.0
15:43:07 [youenn]
Asir: we could open a formal issue to th WS-Policy WG ?
15:43:42 [youenn]
Asir: I can open it.
15:44:04 [youenn]
ACTION: Asir to open a WS-Policy issue and link it with CR80
15:44:26 [youenn]
Topic: MTOM Description
15:45:50 [alewis]
alewis has joined #ws-desc
15:46:14 [youenn]
TOPIC: Issue 82
15:46:21 [Zakim]
15:46:50 [Jonathan]
15:48:13 [youenn]
Jonathan: jason says that he would like to extend the rpc signature but agrees the suggestion is bad timing
15:48:51 [youenn]
Jonathan: can we accept this response and leave the spec as it is?
15:49:28 [youenn]
TomJ: we do not prevent what he wants, toolkits may modify the rpc signature
15:50:05 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 10 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:52:08 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: close CR082 and mark it as accepted
15:52:26 [youenn]
Topic: CR092
15:53:09 [Jonathan]
15:53:10 [youenn]
Jonathan: CR092/CR092 is about soap usage that WSDL2.0/SOAP binding does not allow to describe
15:55:03 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 5 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:55:16 [youenn]
Jonathan: I sent a partial list of soap1.2 functionalities that cannot be described with our soap1.2 binding
15:57:15 [youenn]
Tom: we should say that the details element will contain an element, but may contain other stuff that is not described
15:57:26 [youenn]
s/details/soap1.2 fault details/
15:58:05 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 2 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:58:33 [youenn]
Jonathan: proposal is to add the list of SOAP functionalities that cannot be described and add tom comment
15:59:05 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 1 minute; all ports must be freed
15:59:13 [youenn]
Jonathan: can we close these two issues with this resolution ?
16:00:03 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: close CR92 and CR93 according proposal
16:00:06 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end now; all ports must be freed immediately
16:00:08 [Zakim]
The time reserved for this conference has been exceeded. 10 ports must be freed
16:00:09 [Zakim]
16:00:10 [Zakim]
16:00:11 [Zakim]
16:00:12 [Zakim]
16:00:14 [Zakim]
16:00:15 [Zakim]
16:00:16 [Zakim]
16:00:18 [Zakim]
16:00:19 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM has ended
16:00:20 [Jonathan]
zakim, this will be WSDWG
16:00:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were TonyR, +1.514.964.aaaa, Jonathan_Marsh, Allen_Brookes, Tom_Jordahl, Asir_Vedamuthu, Arthur, Canon, Amelia_Lewis
16:00:26 [Zakim]
ok, Jonathan; I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM scheduled to start now
16:01:02 [Jonathan]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:01:04 [Zakim]
apparently WS_DescWG(WSDL)10:00AM has ended, Jonathan
16:01:05 [Zakim]
On IRC I see alewis, youenn, asir, TomJ, Allen, Arthur, TonyR, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jonathan
16:01:22 [Jonathan]
zakim, this will be WSDWG
16:01:22 [Zakim]
ok, Jonathan; I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM scheduled to start now
16:01:30 [Jonathan]
zakim, code?
16:01:30 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), Jonathan
16:01:42 [Jonathan]
zakim, bye
16:01:42 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-desc
16:01:48 [TomJ]
TomJ has changed the topic to: If you are ust getting here, you are 30 minutes late!
16:01:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-desc
16:01:54 [TomJ]
TomJ has changed the topic to: If you are just getting here, you are 30 minutes late!
16:01:59 [Jonathan]
zakim, this will be wsdwg
16:02:01 [Zakim]
ok, Jonathan; I see WS_DescWG()11:00AM scheduled to start 2 minutes ago
16:02:18 [TonyR]
zakim, this is wsdwg
16:02:20 [Zakim]
ok, TonyR; that matches WS_DescWG()11:00AM
16:02:35 [Zakim]
16:02:40 [TonyR]
zakim, ??p36 is me
16:02:41 [Zakim]
+TonyR; got it
16:02:58 [TonyR]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:02:58 [Jonathan]
zakim, who's making noise
16:02:58 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's making noise', Jonathan
16:03:02 [TonyR]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:03:08 [Zakim]
TonyR, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tom_Jordahl (49%), Allen_Brookes (41%), Arthur (14%)
16:03:20 [Zakim]
TonyR, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Allen_Brookes (49%), Jonathan_Marsh (4%), TonyR (25%), Arthur (34%)
16:04:29 [youenn]
Topic: Assertions that are not assertions
16:05:10 [TonyR]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:05:21 [Zakim]
TonyR, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Allen_Brookes (41%), Jonathan_Marsh (34%)
16:05:32 [TonyR]
zakim, please mute Allen
16:05:32 [Zakim]
Allen_Brookes should now be muted
16:06:16 [youenn]
Jonathan: CR096 seems editorial
16:06:44 [youenn]
Arthur: I will check the source and let's move on
16:09:30 [youenn]
Jonathan: issue CR095 is about wsoap:header@element. Being of type QName, it prevents the #any value
16:09:39 [youenn]
... Why should we allow it?
16:10:07 [youenn]
Jonathan: proposal is #any is not allowed as it has not a clear value
16:10:13 [Arthur]
16:10:19 [Jonathan]
ack arthur
16:10:21 [youenn]
16:10:27 [monica]
monica has joined #ws-desc
16:10:42 [asir]
+1 Jonathan's suggestion
16:10:48 [youenn]
Arthur: It seems that we are not generating message assertions. We need another assertion table
16:11:23 [youenn]
Arthur: we could also have one assertion table, with a "assertion type" column
16:12:17 [Zakim]
16:12:51 [youenn]
Arthur: as a quick fix, I will add another table but I prefer to have one unique table that combines all current tables
16:13:32 [youenn]
Jonathan: arthur proposal for CR094 is to add another assertion table
16:13:55 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: CR094 closed with arthur proposal
16:14:04 [youenn]
back to CR095
16:14:30 [youenn]
Jonathan: #any is a no op.
16:14:52 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: CR095 is closed with no action, jonathan to answer to ram
16:15:02 [TonyR]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:15:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Roberto, Tom_Jordahl, Amelia_Lewis, Jonathan_Marsh, Allen_Brookes (muted), Asir_Vedamuthu, Canon, TonyR, Arthur, m2
16:16:40 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: close CR096 by removing the cited assertion
16:17:01 [youenn]
Issue CR097
16:17:22 [youenn]
Jonathan: it seems that this assertion is redundant with schema checks
16:19:39 [youenn]
Jonathan: the order of the desc. children is not captured by the schema. This assertion is about the order.
16:20:13 [youenn]
Roberto: we come up with this schema, looser than expected because of non determinism issues
16:20:47 [youenn]
Jonathan: proposal is close with no action
16:21:10 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: Close CR097 with no action
16:21:15 [youenn]
Issue CR098
16:21:25 [youenn]
16:21:47 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-desc
16:22:00 [Jonathan];%20charset=utf-8#Types-1300002
16:22:24 [Zakim]
16:22:55 [youenn]
Jonathan: Is the cited assertion already covered by other assertions, as suggested?
16:23:55 [youenn]
ACTION: Arthur to look at CR098
16:24:26 [youenn]
Issue CR099
16:25:01 [youenn]
Jonathan: similar to CR098
16:25:13 [youenn]
ACTION: Arthur to look at CR099
16:25:22 [youenn]
Issue CR100
16:26:57 [youenn]
Jonathan: Import-0001 and Import-0070 seem to adress the same thing, unless any subtlety
16:28:43 [youenn]
Arthur: we should leave the text and retain only the first assertion.
16:29:17 [youenn]
s/the first assertion/one of the two assertions/
16:30:28 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: Close CR100 by dropping Import-0001 assertion (but leaving the text)
16:30:31 [Arthur]
I just committed the fix to CR094
16:30:42 [youenn]
Issue CR101
16:31:46 [youenn]
Jonathan: The three assertions seem redundant
16:36:01 [youenn]
Proposal is to keep the assertion in section 121900 and remove the other assertions
16:36:19 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: Close CR101 according this proposal
16:36:29 [youenn]
Issue CR102
16:37:11 [Roberto]
Roberto has joined #ws-desc
16:37:17 [youenn]
Arthur: we should rewrite this assertion and remove the use of "imported components"
16:37:43 [youenn]
... we want to say that we import a namespace.
16:37:47 [Zakim]
16:37:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.786.aaaa
16:38:59 [youenn]
Arthur: proposal is to rewrite Import-0003 sentence and remove this assertion
16:39:16 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: close CR102 according proposal
16:39:23 [youenn]
Issue CR103
16:40:42 [youenn]
Tony: the second assertion is not complete. We should remove the second assertion and fix the wording.
16:41:45 [youenn]
Jonathan: do we want to remove the sentence or improve it?
16:48:17 [youenn]
Jonathan: the proposal is to take the last sentence of the section and move it to section 3.1.2
16:49:06 [Jonathan]
reword = reference Schema-0016
16:49:12 [youenn]
... in addition, remove the assertion Types-1300001 and rewording it to add a reference to Schema-0016
16:51:03 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: close CR103 according proposal
16:51:10 [youenn]
Issue CR104
16:55:16 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: Close Issue CR104 and remove Description-0024
16:55:23 [youenn]
Issue CR105
17:00:59 [Zakim]
17:02:34 [youenn]
Jonathan: proposal is to remove assertion markup from 1204002
17:02:48 [Zakim]
17:03:05 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: close CR105 by dropping InterfaceOperation-1204002
17:03:16 [youenn]
Issue CR106
17:03:38 [youenn]
Jonathan: drop InterfaceOperation-1204003
17:03:58 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: Close CR106 by dropping InterfaceOperation-1204003
17:04:04 [youenn]
Issue CR107
17:06:11 [youenn]
Roberto: we could test the case of two styles that are contradictory
17:06:23 [youenn]
Jonathan: but we rely on something external
17:10:56 [youenn]
Jonathan: proposal is to close CR107 with no action and add a test case
17:13:45 [youenn]
RESOLUTION: close CR107 with no action
17:13:56 [youenn]
Issue CR108
17:19:18 [Roberto]
14: !unique => present <=> ! ! absent
17:19:24 [Roberto]
6: ! absent => unique
17:19:38 [Roberto]
so they are logically equivalent, no?
17:20:37 [Roberto]
oops, I mixed up the 14/6 labels
17:21:57 [Roberto]
the first one I wrote is 6, the second one 14
17:22:52 [Roberto]
I'd assert that they are equivalent and 6 should be removed, as it is the most poorly worded of the two
17:27:19 [Zakim]
17:28:38 [youenn]
ACTION: Amy to write a proposal for CR108
17:29:18 [Zakim]
17:29:20 [Zakim]
17:29:21 [Zakim]
17:29:22 [Zakim]
17:29:24 [Zakim]
17:29:25 [Zakim]
17:29:26 [Zakim]
17:29:27 [Zakim]
17:29:27 [TomJ]
TomJ has left #ws-desc
17:29:28 [Zakim]
WS_DescWG()11:00AM has ended
17:29:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roberto, Tom_Jordahl, Amelia_Lewis, Jonathan_Marsh, Allen_Brookes, Asir_Vedamuthu, Canon, Arthur, TonyR, m2, Gilbert_Pilz, +1.650.786.aaaa
17:29:34 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:29:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Jonathan
17:29:37 [alewis]
alewis has left #ws-desc
17:29:39 [TonyR]
TonyR has left #ws-desc
17:29:51 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, set log world
17:29:53 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:29:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Jonathan
17:30:22 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:30:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Jonathan
17:30:37 [Jonathan]
Meeting: WS Description WG
17:30:45 [Jonathan]
Chair: Jonathan
17:31:20 [Jonathan]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:31:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Jonathan
18:43:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-desc