IRC log of wai-wcag on 2006-12-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:57:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/12/07-wai-wcag-irc
20:57:30 [ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
20:57:40 [ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:57:46 [ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:57:46 [Zakim]
ok, ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 57 minutes ago
20:57:54 [ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:58:02 [ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006OctDec/0171.html
20:58:03 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:09 [ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:58:20 [ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:59:45 [becka11y]
becka11y has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:49 [ben]
Regrets: Bruce_Bailey, Luca_Mascaro
20:59:58 [ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
21:00:06 [ben]
agenda+ Late comments
21:00:08 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
21:00:15 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:00:21 [Zakim]
+Becky_Gibson
21:00:32 [Zakim]
+Cooper
21:00:53 [Zakim]
+??P4
21:00:55 [ben]
agenda+ Conformance Proposals (30 November 2006)
21:01:03 [ben]
zakim, ??P4 is Gregg_and_Ben
21:01:03 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
21:01:12 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:14 [ben]
agenda+ Team B survey
21:01:20 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
21:01:20 [ben]
agenda+ Team C survey
21:01:30 [ben]
agenda+ Editors survey for 07 December
21:01:31 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:51 [becka11y]
zakim, I am Becky_Gibson
21:01:51 [Zakim]
ok, becka11y, I now associate you with Becky_Gibson
21:01:57 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:01:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Andi_Snow_Weaver, Becky_Gibson, Cooper, Gregg_and_Ben, Don_Evans, David_MacDonald
21:02:06 [Zakim]
+??P7
21:02:15 [bengt]
zakim, ??P7 is Bengt_Farre
21:02:15 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:02:46 [ben]
agenda?
21:02:54 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:54 [Zakim]
+??P8
21:03:05 [rellero__]
zakim, ??P8 is Roberto_Ellero
21:03:05 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:03:10 [jslatin]
jslatin has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:12 [ben]
agenda+ Editors survey for 07 December
21:03:16 [rellero__]
zakim, mute Roberto_Ellero
21:03:16 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
21:03:35 [Zakim]
+??P9
21:03:46 [Makoto]
zakim, ??P9 is Makoto_Ueki
21:03:46 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:04:11 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
21:04:33 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.253.aaaa - is perhaps Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:05:50 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:06:52 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
21:07:02 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:07:02 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from ben]
21:07:17 [Zakim]
+John_Slatin
21:07:19 [Andi]
topic: Cognitive meeting
21:07:56 [Andi]
State of accessibility support for cognitive issues - what would a roadmap look like?
21:08:20 [Andi]
Direction is to try to address cognitive issues in a separate work effort from WCAG 2.
21:09:27 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has joined #wai-wcag
21:11:23 [Zakim]
+??P14
21:11:28 [Sorcha]
Zakim, [IPcaller is Sorcha
21:11:28 [Zakim]
sorry, Sorcha, I do not recognize a party named '[IPcaller'
21:11:54 [ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:11:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Andi_Snow_Weaver, Becky_Gibson, Cooper, Gregg_and_Ben, Don_Evans, David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Roberto_Ellero (muted), Makoto_Ueki, Sofia_Celic,
21:11:58 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, John_Slatin, Sorcha_Moore
21:12:07 [Sorcha]
zakim, mute me
21:12:07 [Zakim]
Sorcha_Moore should now be muted
21:12:27 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
21:12:27 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
21:12:56 [Zakim]
+??P13
21:13:10 [Christophe]
zakim, ??p13 is Christophe_Strobbe
21:13:10 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
21:13:26 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:13:26 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
21:13:27 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:13:29 [Zakim]
2. Late comments [from ben]
21:13:32 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:13:32 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Late comments" taken up [from ben]
21:14:10 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:16:53 [Andi]
q+
21:17:05 [ben]
zakim, close this item
21:17:05 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
21:17:06 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:17:07 [Zakim]
3. Conformance Proposals (30 November 2006) [from ben]
21:17:11 [ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:17:11 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Conformance Proposals (30 November 2006)" taken up [from ben]
21:17:30 [ben]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20061130conformance/results
21:18:20 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
21:18:20 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
21:19:49 [Andi]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20061130conformance/results
21:20:45 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:21:15 [Andi]
ack Andi
21:21:19 [Aihal]
q+ to mention ATAG
21:21:23 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:22:48 [Loretta]
q
21:23:15 [Loretta]
q?
21:25:10 [Aihal]
ack c
21:25:10 [Zakim]
Cooper, you wanted to mention ATAG
21:26:26 [Zakim]
+??P3
21:26:55 [Aihal]
zakim, ??P3 is Cynthia_Shelly
21:26:55 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
21:27:04 [Andi]
Topic: Introduction
21:39:32 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:40:05 [Andi]
resolution: Do introduction for sufficient techniques in HTM document
21:42:04 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:44:40 [Andi]
action: Michael, Gregg, and Ben - review conformance section for informative pieces
21:47:58 [Andi]
Resolution: Add an additional item in the optional part of conformance claims where people can describe any additional steps taken that go beyond the success criteria to enhance accessibility.
21:50:44 [Aihal]
q+
21:51:35 [Aihal]
ack m
21:51:41 [Aihal]
ack co
21:51:46 [Aihal]
zakim, mute Makoto
21:51:46 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
21:57:53 [Aihal]
q-
21:59:32 [Andi]
topic: Conformance Intro.
22:00:10 [Loretta]
q+
22:00:55 [Aihal]
ack l
22:02:52 [Aihal]
ack j
22:05:19 [Christophe]
Christophe has left #wai-wcag
22:05:20 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:06:46 [Andi]
action: John, Sofia, Gregg to work on rewording description of levels
22:07:11 [Andi]
action: Michael to work on sufficient techniques paragraph
22:17:48 [Andi]
q+
22:18:16 [Aihal]
ack alex
22:18:29 [Aihal]
ack andi
22:18:39 [Aihal]
q+
22:19:14 [Aihal]
ack m
22:19:53 [Andi]
action: Gregg, David, and Tim to work on re-wording section on "qualified testers"
22:21:23 [Andi]
topic: Technology Independence
22:31:40 [Andi]
resolution: add a note regarding AT and delete word accessible from Technology Independence paragraph
22:32:02 [Andi]
topic: Choosing AeWT
22:33:11 [Andi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2006/11/conformance-revs.html
22:35:21 [Aihal]
q+
22:40:11 [Aihal]
ack m
22:40:21 [Gregg]
q+
22:41:28 [Aihal]
ack g
22:42:51 [Aihal]
ack c
22:46:46 [Loretta]
q+
22:47:22 [Aihal]
ack l
22:47:48 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
22:47:56 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
22:48:10 [Sorcha]
zakim, [IPcaller is Sorcha_Moore
22:48:11 [Zakim]
sorry, Sorcha, I do not recognize a party named '[IPcaller'
22:49:20 [Aihal]
q+ to respond to "intended audience"
22:50:12 [Aihal]
ack m
22:50:12 [Zakim]
Michael_Cooper, you wanted to respond to "intended audience"
22:55:48 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:58:21 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
23:00:41 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
23:02:08 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:02:30 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:02:40 [David]
q+
23:02:56 [Aihal]
ack j
23:02:58 [Aihal]
ack d
23:06:17 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:09:47 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:13:11 [ben]
ben has left #wai-wcag
23:13:30 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:15:02 [Sorcha]
Sorcha has left #wai-wcag
23:16:01 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:16:08 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
23:16:09 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:16:09 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:16:10 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:16:11 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
23:16:13 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
23:16:14 [Zakim]
-John_Slatin
23:16:15 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:16:15 [Zakim]
-Sorcha_Moore
23:16:19 [Zakim]
-Becky_Gibson
23:16:20 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:16:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were Andi_Snow_Weaver, Becky_Gibson, Gregg_and_Ben, Don_Evans, David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Roberto_Ellero, Makoto_Ueki, Sofia_Celic, +1.650.253.aaaa, John_Slatin,
23:16:24 [Zakim]
... Sorcha_Moore, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly, Michael_Cooper
23:16:28 [becka11y]
becka11y has left #wai-wcag
23:16:35 [Aihal]
zakim, bye
23:16:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:16:40 [Aihal]
rrsagent, bye
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/07-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael, Gregg, and Ben - review conformance section for informative pieces [1]
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/07-wai-wcag-irc#T21-44-40
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: John, Sofia, Gregg to work on rewording description of levels [2]
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/07-wai-wcag-irc#T22-06-46
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to work on sufficient techniques paragraph [3]
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/07-wai-wcag-irc#T22-07-11
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg, David, and Tim to work on re-wording section on "qualified testers" [4]
23:16:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/07-wai-wcag-irc#T22-19-53