IRC log of dawg on 2006-12-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:26:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:26:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc
14:26:13 [kendallclark]
zakim, this will be dawg
14:26:13 [Zakim]
ok, kendallclark; I see SW_DAWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
14:27:29 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ bootup
14:27:29 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
14:27:34 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ action items
14:27:34 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
14:27:51 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda path's draft of entailment section
14:27:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, kendallclark
14:27:57 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ path's draft of entailment section
14:27:57 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
14:28:13 [kendallclark]
zakim, agenda+ comments list action: corby & polleres
14:28:13 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
14:29:32 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has now started
14:29:39 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has ended
14:29:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were
14:30:15 [kendallclark]
wtf?
14:30:21 [kendallclark]
zakim, this will be dawg
14:30:21 [Zakim]
ok, kendallclark; I see SW_DAWG()9:30AM scheduled to start now
14:30:27 [patH]
whoops, I might have done that. Sorry.
14:30:34 [kendallclark]
s'ok
14:30:46 [kendallclark]
zakim's a PITA
14:30:51 [patH]
;)
14:31:00 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has now started
14:31:08 [Zakim]
+Andy_Seaborne
14:31:18 [Zakim]
+Kendall_Clark
14:31:31 [kendallclark]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:31:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Andy_Seaborne, Kendall_Clark
14:31:43 [Zakim]
+ +7.470.03.aaaa
14:31:45 [kendallclark]
zakim, please mute me
14:31:45 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should now be muted
14:31:52 [kendallclark]
zakim, unmute me
14:31:52 [Zakim]
Kendall_Clark should no longer be muted
14:32:02 [Zakim]
+PatH
14:32:09 [kendallclark]
zakim, .aaaa is SimonR
14:32:09 [Zakim]
sorry, kendallclark, I do not recognize a party named '.aaaa'
14:32:13 [kendallclark]
zakim, aaaa is SimonR
14:32:13 [Zakim]
+SimonR; got it
14:32:15 [AndyS]
Buzzing is me - I'll mute - I've tried dialing several times already
14:32:22 [kendallclark]
AndyS: bummer
14:32:29 [kendallclark]
if it weren't so loud i'd just ignore it :)
14:32:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.894.aabb
14:32:39 [SimonR]
My first experiment with SIP to dial in....
14:32:40 [AndyS]
It's when I use ATT calling.
14:32:47 [kendallclark]
zakim, aabb is Zakim
14:32:47 [Zakim]
+Zakim; got it
14:33:09 [kendallclark]
zakim, aabb is LeeF
14:33:10 [Zakim]
sorry, kendallclark, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
14:33:12 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:33:13 [jeen]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:33:14 [Zakim]
+jeen; got it
14:33:16 [kendallclark]
zakim, Zakim is LeeF
14:33:16 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:33:24 [kendallclark]
zakim, who's on the phone
14:33:24 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's on the phone', kendallclark
14:33:27 [kendallclark]
zakim, who's on the phone?
14:33:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Andy_Seaborne, Kendall_Clark, SimonR, PatH, LeeF, jeen
14:35:00 [kendallclark]
Scribe: jeen
14:35:01 [AndyS]
Scribe was to be EricP
14:35:04 [kendallclark]
Chair: KendallC
14:35:24 [AndyS]
==> <AndyS> Meet next time - one week's time - Eric to scribe
14:35:30 [kendallclark]
Attendees: AndyS, KendallC, SimonR, PatH, LeeF, JeenB
14:36:12 [AndyS]
Agenda looks fine to me
14:36:26 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up item 0
14:36:26 [Zakim]
agendum 0. "comments list action: corby & polleres" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:36:48 [AndyS]
I'm available.
14:37:27 [kendallclark]
zakim, please pick a scribe
14:37:27 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose SimonR
14:37:44 [kendallclark]
zakim, please pick a scribe
14:37:44 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Andy_Seaborne
14:38:32 [kendallclark]
PROPOSED to meet next 12 Dec, KendallC chairing, some unlucky sap to scribe
14:38:41 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agedum
14:38:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up next agedum', kendallclark
14:38:45 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:38:45 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "bootup" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:38:59 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:38:59 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, kendallclark
14:39:05 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:39:05 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, kendallclark
14:39:10 [kendallclark]
zakim, close agendum 1
14:39:10 [Zakim]
agendum 1, bootup, closed
14:39:11 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:39:12 [Zakim]
2. action items [from kendallclark]
14:39:15 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:39:15 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "action items" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:39:49 [kendallclark]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/att-0175/28-dawg-minutes.html
14:40:03 [kendallclark]
APPROVED minutes for 28 Oct
14:40:29 [kendallclark]
ACTION: Jeen propose test suite process (not do it all).
14:40:31 [kendallclark]
CONTINUES
14:40:56 [kendallclark]
ACTION: Jeen review rq24-algebra
14:40:57 [kendallclark]
DONE
14:41:05 [kendallclark]
ACTION: LeeF to review rq24-algebra
14:41:06 [kendallclark]
DONE
14:41:16 [kendallclark]
ACTION: KendallC to close formsOfDistinct issue
14:41:17 [kendallclark]
ACTION: KendallC to remember that the wee, lost filter tests
14:41:21 [kendallclark]
CONTINUE
14:41:30 [kendallclark]
ACTION: PatH to review the proposed tests
14:41:33 [kendallclark]
DONE
14:41:42 [kendallclark]
ACTION: PatH to draft replacement vanilla entailment section
14:41:43 [kendallclark]
DONE
14:42:03 [kendallclark]
Andy wonders when Jeen might get to more reviewing
14:42:19 [kendallclark]
Jeen thinks in the next few weeks, holidays allowing
14:42:23 [jeen]
Jeen: hopefully (fingers crossed) within next week or the week after
14:42:51 [kendallclark]
agenda+ rq24 review
14:43:17 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:43:17 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "path's draft of entailment section" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:43:27 [kendallclark]
Pat's draft:
14:43:27 [kendallclark]
http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/SPARQL-BGP-semantics.html
14:44:08 [AndyS]
PatH: draft covers necessary, not suficient conditions
14:44:51 [jeen]
PatH: we can then use simple subgraph matching in sparql itself.
14:45:19 [jeen]
PatH: but leaves the door open for OWL DL ppl to do more.
14:45:21 [kendallclark]
PatH: deliberately leaves the door open for OWL-DL people
14:46:55 [SimonR]
+q Any comment on the choice that answer sets are required to be complete?
14:47:40 [kendallclark]
nosy typist killing me!
14:47:54 [kendallclark]
thanks andy
14:48:08 [jeen]
zakim, mute me
14:48:08 [Zakim]
jeen should now be muted
14:48:19 [jeen]
no it was me I think, sorry
14:49:24 [jeen]
kendall asks andy what more he needs for path's draft to move into rq24?
14:50:15 [patH]
patH has joined #dawg
14:50:53 [kendallclark]
ACTION PatH: To change the entailment section around to talk about SPARQL first, then more general conditions in a normative appendix
14:51:16 [kendallclark]
+2, Andy
14:51:57 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:51:57 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "comments list action: corby & polleres" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:52:23 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up agendum 5
14:52:23 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "rq24 review" taken up [from kendallclark]
14:52:31 [jeen]
zakim, unmute me
14:52:31 [Zakim]
jeen should no longer be muted
14:53:25 [kendallclark]
Jeen: reviewed w/ two colleagues, (who have db backgrounds but not so much sparql)
14:54:23 [kendallclark]
Some editorial stuff, requests for clarification, etc
14:54:39 [kendallclark]
Definitions of Diff & LeftJoin caused some trouble
14:55:24 [jeen]
zakim, mute me
14:55:24 [Zakim]
jeen should now be muted
14:55:36 [jeen]
zakim, unmute me
14:55:36 [Zakim]
jeen should no longer be muted
14:55:44 [Zakim]
-LeeF
14:58:33 [jeen]
AndyS: current def is closer to how SQL works, Jeen's mention of 'standard' refers more to how this work in relational algebra
14:59:42 [jeen]
AndyS: the point has been made before but I disagree with it. current spec prevents having to repeat parts of the query.
14:59:57 [AndyS]
Rewrite is A LJ B => A LJ (A Join B)
15:00:44 [AndyS]
(A filter) OPT B => A LJ ( FILTER(A) JOIN B )
15:01:04 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #dawg
15:02:27 [Zakim]
+EricP
15:02:42 [ericP]
saaarreeee guys
15:02:56 [patH]
hello eric, you were the scribe :)
15:03:16 [ericP]
yep, plan to for the remaining time
15:07:46 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
15:07:46 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "comments list action: corby & polleres" taken up [from kendallclark]
15:09:20 [kendallclark]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/0171.html
15:10:57 [kendallclark]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006OctDec/0176.html
15:12:28 [AndyS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Dec/0007.html
15:12:33 [Zakim]
-jeen
15:12:34 [ericP]
redirect sent to Olivier Corby
15:14:24 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:14:34 [jeen]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is me
15:14:34 [Zakim]
+jeen; got it
15:14:34 [kendallclark]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Dec/0000.html
15:14:35 [AndyS]
Starts: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Dec/0000.html
15:18:39 [kendallclark]
zakim, take up next agendum
15:18:39 [Zakim]
I do not see any non-closed agenda items, kendallclark
15:19:58 [kendallclark]
PROPOSED to ADJOURN
15:20:10 [Zakim]
-PatH
15:20:10 [kendallclark]
ADJOURNB
15:20:13 [Zakim]
-Kendall_Clark
15:20:27 [ericP]
Zakim, please draft minutes
15:20:27 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'please draft minutes', ericP
15:20:37 [ericP]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:20:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-minutes.html ericP
15:22:10 [Zakim]
-SimonR
15:22:58 [ericP]
RRSAgent, make minutes world-access
15:22:58 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes world-access', ericP. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:23:01 [ericP]
RRSAgent, make minutes world access
15:23:01 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes world access', ericP. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:24:00 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent ==> rrsagent, [please] set [these] logs world-visible
15:24:21 [ericP]
RRSAgent, make logs world access
15:24:21 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make logs world access', ericP. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:24:24 [ericP]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
15:24:42 [AndyS]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
15:24:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-minutes.html AndyS
15:25:15 [LeeF]
good job, eric =)
15:26:15 [jeen]
'Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam'
15:27:37 [ericP]
mailto:Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl
15:27:52 [jeen]
Paul de Bra
15:28:05 [jeen]
Technical University Eindhoven
15:28:29 [jeen]
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (in Dutch)
15:29:02 [ericP]
mailto:debra@win.tue.nl
15:29:20 [jeen]
mailto:j.broekstra@tue.nl
15:31:28 [Zakim]
-jeen
15:38:25 [Zakim]
-EricP
15:38:27 [Zakim]
-Andy_Seaborne
15:38:29 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()9:30AM has ended
15:38:30 [Zakim]
Attendees were Andy_Seaborne, Kendall_Clark, +7.470.03.aaaa, PatH, SimonR, +1.617.894.aabb, jeen, LeeF, EricP
15:39:34 [AndyS]
zakim, please leave
15:39:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dawg
15:39:41 [AndyS]
rrsagent, please leave
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
I see 8 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-actions.rdf :
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeen propose test suite process (not do it all). [1]
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc#T14-40-29
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeen review rq24-algebra [2]
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc#T14-40-56
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: LeeF to review rq24-algebra [3]
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc#T14-41-05
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to close formsOfDistinct issue [4]
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc#T14-41-16
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: KendallC to remember that the wee, lost filter tests [5]
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc#T14-41-17
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to review the proposed tests [6]
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc#T14-41-30
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to draft replacement vanilla entailment section [7]
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc#T14-41-42
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PatH to To change the entailment section around to talk about SPARQL first, then more general conditions in a normative appendix [8]
15:39:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/05-dawg-irc#T14-50-53