IRC log of databinding on 2006-11-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:56:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #databinding
14:56:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:56:59 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:56:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #databinding
14:57:01 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DBWG
14:57:01 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_DBWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
14:57:02 [trackbot]
Meeting: Databinding WG Teleconference
14:57:02 [trackbot]
Date: 28 November 2006
14:57:30 [JonC]
JonC has joined #databinding
14:59:39 [gcowe]
gcowe has joined #databinding
14:59:55 [pauld]
15:00:25 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has now started
15:00:32 [Zakim]
15:00:44 [vlad]
vlad has joined #databinding
15:01:19 [Zakim]
15:01:32 [Zakim]
15:01:47 [pauld]
zakim, code?
15:01:47 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3294 (tel:+1.617.761.6200), pauld
15:01:55 [Zakim]
15:02:41 [pauld]
zakim, ??P10 is probably George
15:02:41 [Zakim]
+George?; got it
15:02:47 [pauld]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George?, Jon_Calladine, Vlad, ??P16
15:02:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see vlad, gcowe, JonC, Zakim, RRSAgent, pauld, Yves, trackbot
15:02:52 [Zakim]
15:03:28 [pauld]
zakim, ??P16 is me
15:03:28 [Zakim]
+pauld; got it
15:04:13 [pauld]
scribe: pauld
15:04:21 [pauld]
minutes from the 21st approved
15:05:31 [pauld]
ACTION: yves to add LC-Basic as a product on tracker
15:05:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-91 - Add LC-Basic as a product on tracker [on Yves Lafon - due 2006-12-05].
15:06:40 [pauld]
pauld: we're in last call
15:06:59 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-12
15:07:24 [pauld]
george: been working on a validation service, have a JSP
15:07:47 [pauld]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:08:03 [Zakim]
pauld, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:08:30 [pauld]
yves: send me the source, will look into it when the team return
15:09:55 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-2
15:10:08 [pauld]
pauld: i'm a block, will get a page put up
15:10:21 [pauld]
yves: still working on XMLUnit
15:10:58 [pauld]
vlad: been trying the testsuite in our framework, some general directions
15:11:34 [pauld]
pauld: include is broken
15:15:47 [pauld]
pauld: we need small schemas to include in some of our examples
15:17:03 [pauld]
ACTION: gcowe to look at fixing our include issues, ISSUE-98
15:17:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-92 - Look at fixing our include issues, ISSUE-98 [on George Cowe - due 2006-12-05].
15:18:11 [pauld]
pauld: we seem to have a number of patterns for Advanced which we closed the issue, but aren't in the patterns and examples
15:20:35 [pauld]
Topic: ISSUE-62 Why would a pattern NOT be included in our Advanced document?
15:21:24 [Zakim]
15:21:55 [Zakim]
15:22:10 [pauld]
zakim, ??P0 is me
15:22:10 [Zakim]
+pauld; got it
15:25:03 [pauld]
jonc: how do we get vendors' input on what isn't implementable?
15:25:39 [pauld]
jonc: can we get a commnity input, or on an individual basis
15:26:00 [pauld]
.. is there a vendor concensus
15:26:29 [pauld]
pauld: we have a working group, they can join
15:27:09 [pauld]
pauld: business as usual, we may get some interest from the LC
15:27:19 [pauld]
pauld: testsuite will help
15:28:42 [pauld]
pauld: more interested in if we end up with the whole of schema covered, or only patterns we see in use?
15:29:31 [pauld]
pauld: maybe we should just examine some Advanced issues and find our way
15:29:52 [pauld]
jonc: is the concern this could be a job for life?:
15:30:19 [pauld]
.. some of us are only interested in the Basic, vendors may be more interested in the Advanced?
15:30:54 [pauld]
pauld: think schema publishers may also be interested in Advanced
15:32:57 [pauld]
pauld: risk is that anyone could come with any pattern and we would publish it as Advanced
15:33:29 [pauld]
jonc: if *any* recognised toolkit can process a pattern, then it could be "Advanced"
15:34:18 [pauld]
pauld: so what about "open enumeration type" no toolkit may support it, but i want it in Advanced
15:35:30 [pauld]
pauld: would it be acceptable for us to assign a URI for a pattern, but not put it in either document?
15:36:00 [pauld]
jonc: would any schema author want to use a pattern not implementable in a databinding toolkit
15:37:45 [pauld]
pauld: would like to have coverage for any valid schema
15:37:56 [pauld]
pauld: thinking we stop when we run out of time
15:38:27 [pauld]
pauld: am I overthinking this
15:38:47 [pauld]
george: not had many people contributing patterns
15:39:08 [pauld]
yves: we should contact people now we have LC documents
15:40:31 [pauld]
vlad: submitted some patterns, and publically available schemas, may not be representative in terms of coverage
15:41:21 [pauld]
pauld: ok so we need outreach
15:41:44 [pauld]
george: we need to make sure we have coverage of patterns from our issues list
15:42:09 [pauld]
pauld: george, submit your patterns!
15:46:08 [pauld]
pauld: we seem to have some base types missing for enumerations
15:48:15 [pauld]
15:50:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 10 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:50:06 [pauld]
pauld: so we need better coverage of base types
15:50:08 [pauld]
15:50:44 [pauld]
george: may not be firing in our examples
15:53:20 [pauld]
pauld: will raise appInfo as a separate issue
15:55:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 5 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:55:59 [pauld]
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-97 on basis of exploding into other issues
15:56:08 [pauld]
ACTION: pdowney to explode ISSUE-97
15:56:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-93 - Explode ISSUE-97 [on Paul Downey - due 2006-12-05].
15:57:21 [Zakim]
15:57:22 [Zakim]
15:57:23 [Zakim]
15:57:25 [Zakim]
15:58:02 [Zakim]
This conference is scheduled to end in 2 minutes; all ports must be freed
15:58:17 [Zakim]
15:58:18 [Zakim]
WS_DBWG()10:00AM has ended
15:58:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jon_Calladine, Vlad, George?, Yves, pauld
15:59:10 [pauld]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:59:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate pauld
17:30:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #databinding