IRC log of mmsem on 2006-11-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:32:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mmsem
16:32:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-irc
16:33:57 [raphael]
raphael has changed the topic to: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 23-11-2006, 16:00 UTC
16:34:23 [raphael]
zakim, list
16:34:23 [Zakim]
I see no active conferences
16:34:24 [Zakim]
scheduled at this time are I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM,
16:34:26 [Zakim]
... VB_VBWG()10:00AM
16:38:59 [raphael]
zakim, list
16:38:59 [Zakim]
I see no active conferences
16:39:00 [Zakim]
scheduled at this time are I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM,
16:39:02 [Zakim]
... VB_VBWG()10:00AM
16:51:12 [raphael]
zakim, list
16:51:12 [Zakim]
I see no active conferences
16:51:13 [Zakim]
scheduled at this time are I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, INC_MMSEM()12:00PM,
16:51:15 [Zakim]
... WAI_Team()10:45AM, GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM
16:51:24 [raphael]
zakim, this will be INC_MMSEM
16:51:24 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
16:51:48 [raphael]
Meeting: W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 23-11-2006, 16:00 UTC
16:52:02 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Nov/0036.html
16:52:09 [raphael]
Scribe: Raphael, Jacco
16:52:12 [raphael]
Chair: Jeff
16:52:42 [raphael]
Regrets: Giovanni, Pasquale, Chris, Paola, Thierry, Stamatia
16:52:50 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:52:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
16:52:53 [TobiasBuerger]
TobiasBuerger has joined #mmsem
16:53:24 [raphael]
RRSagent, make logs public
16:53:28 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:53:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
16:54:17 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has now started
16:54:22 [raphael]
RRSagent, make logs public
16:54:26 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:54:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
16:54:31 [TobiasBuerger]
hi raphael!
16:54:56 [raphael]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
16:55:35 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #mmsem
16:56:25 [mhausenblas]
hi
16:56:47 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is here?
16:56:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
16:56:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
16:57:23 [alessio]
alessio has joined #mmsem
16:57:43 [raphael]
zakim, list
16:57:43 [Zakim]
I see INC_MMSEM()12:00PM active
16:57:45 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are I18N_Core_WG(WS-I18N)11:00AM, SYMM_TTWG()12:00PM, SW_HCLS()11:00AM, WS_DescWG()11:00AM, XML_PMWG()11:00AM, DIG_TAMI()11:00AM, WAI_Team()10:45AM,
16:57:47 [Zakim]
... GA_WebCGM()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM
16:57:57 [raphael]
zakim, this is INC_MMSEM
16:57:57 [Zakim]
raphael, this was already INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
16:57:58 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; that matches INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
16:58:24 [alessio]
hallo raphael, hallo all
16:59:26 [IoannisPratikakis]
IoannisPratikakis has joined #mmsem
16:59:41 [anadiotis]
anadiotis has joined #mmsem
17:01:35 [IoannisPratikakis]
unfortunately, it is not possible
17:02:03 [IoannisPratikakis]
we have a restriction to call abroad
17:02:07 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
17:02:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
17:02:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see anadiotis, IoannisPratikakis, alessio, mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:02:12 [JeffP]
JeffP has joined #mmsem
17:02:20 [IoannisPratikakis]
we have to do it via secreteriat that is closed now
17:02:26 [SusanneBoll]
SusanneBoll has joined #mmsem
17:02:53 [alessio]
I know Ioannis problem... that's because I always join via IRC
17:03:00 [Jacco]
Jacco has joined #mmsem
17:03:19 [SusanneBoll]
mute SusanneBoll
17:03:27 [raphael]
zakim, mute SusanneBoll
17:03:27 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not see a party named 'SusanneBoll'
17:03:32 [IoannisPratikakis]
voipbuster is for free ?
17:03:40 [SusanneBoll]
mute Susanne Boll
17:03:42 [raphael]
YES, Ioannis
17:03:52 [raphael]
type : "Zakim, mute me"
17:03:55 [Jacco]
soory guys, I've to send regrets. Thought I would be ok after a few asparins but I'm not... See you next time
17:04:09 [raphael]
perhaps
17:04:17 [SusanneBoll]
Zakim, mute me
17:04:17 [Zakim]
sorry, SusanneBoll, I do not see a party named 'SusanneBoll'
17:04:20 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
17:04:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
17:04:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Jacco, SusanneBoll, JeffP, anadiotis, IoannisPratikakis, alessio, mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:04:24 [mhausenblas]
hear you in a minute ...
17:04:26 [IoannisPratikakis]
thanks for the info, first i hear it
17:04:33 [anadiotis]
actually, i think voipbuster only gives you an initial number of free minutes, after that you have to pay
17:04:58 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
17:05:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were
17:05:01 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has now started
17:06:07 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
17:06:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
17:06:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Jacco, SusanneBoll, JeffP, anadiotis, IoannisPratikakis, alessio, mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:06:32 [isti]
isti has joined #mmsem
17:06:51 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
17:06:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
17:06:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see isti, Jacco, SusanneBoll, JeffP, anadiotis, IoannisPratikakis, alessio, mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:07:06 [isti]
hi all from Patrizia, Suzanne and Massimo
17:07:24 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
17:07:25 [Zakim]
Attendees were
17:07:45 [JeffP]
zakim, who is here?
17:07:45 [Zakim]
apparently INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended, JeffP
17:07:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see isti, Jacco, SusanneBoll, JeffP, anadiotis, IoannisPratikakis, alessio, mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:07:51 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has now started
17:07:59 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
17:07:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
17:08:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see isti, Jacco, SusanneBoll, JeffP, anadiotis, IoannisPratikakis, alessio, mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:08:07 [raphael]
zakim, this is me
17:08:07 [Zakim]
raphael, I see SwapMe in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be me".
17:08:23 [raphael]
could you all join please ?
17:08:37 [raphael]
zakim, this is INC_MMSEM
17:08:37 [Zakim]
raphael, this was already INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
17:08:39 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; that matches INC_MMSEM()12:00PM
17:08:48 [raphael]
zakim, who is here ?
17:08:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
17:08:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see isti, Jacco, SusanneBoll, JeffP, anadiotis, IoannisPratikakis, alessio, mhausenblas, TobiasBuerger, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael
17:09:07 [raphael]
please ALL, join again on the phone
17:09:57 [raphael]
RRSagent, draft minutes
17:09:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:10:11 [raphael]
RRSagent, draft minutes
17:10:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:10:20 [raphael]
RRSagent, make logs public
17:10:57 [Isti]
Isti has joined #mmsem
17:10:58 [SusanneBoll]
i am here
17:11:10 [raphael]
Susanne you can join again on the phone
17:12:05 [raphael]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 16 November 2006 telecon: ACCEPTED
17:12:21 [raphael]
ACCEPTED: skip the telecon of 7 December 2006, reason: Face 2 Face the
17:12:21 [raphael]
8-9 of December
17:12:31 [raphael]
POLL: next telecon of 21 December 20006 ?
17:12:55 [IoannisPratikakis]
vote for 21/12
17:13:18 [SusanneBoll]
yes, please
17:13:43 [raphael]
SKIP the telecon of 21/12: ACCEPTED
17:13:54 [raphael]
POLL: next telecon of 4 January 2007 ?
17:14:44 [raphael]
Next Telecon: 11/01 and 18/01
17:15:00 [raphael]
Topic: 2. LINKS Pages
17:15:27 [raphael]
Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page ...
17:15:31 [raphael]
Oscar has contributed
17:15:42 [raphael]
his account is in the pipeline
17:17:35 [raphael]
Raphael ... skip the section 4 ... describe the overlap in the description of the vocabularies
17:18:52 [raphael]
... make this document an XG TR ?
17:19:06 [raphael]
keep it as a living document for sure.
17:19:15 [raphael]
all my comments have been addressed
17:19:49 [raphael]
Giovanni and Christian to maintain the Tools page ... Giovanni not here
17:20:08 [raphael]
Topic: 3. XG UPDATES
17:20:13 [raphael]
Melli and Paul are not here
17:20:56 [raphael]
ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation on the SW" PENDING
17:21:35 [raphael]
ACTION: Vassilis to review all use cases PENDING
17:22:02 [raphael]
ACTION: Jeff to review all use cases PENDING
17:22:14 [raphael]
Topic: 3.1 Music Use Case
17:22:33 [raphael]
nobody is here
17:22:51 [raphael]
Topic: 3.2 News Use case
17:24:03 [raphael]
We are working on getting the data
17:25:14 [raphael]
PB: show problems of using NewsML1 and 2, DowJones ML or even the format from a braodcaster
17:25:18 [mhausenblas]
raphael http://www.profium.com/
17:26:54 [raphael]
Except to have a nice description for discussion during the F2F
17:27:18 [raphael]
Topic: 3.3 Bio-medical use case
17:27:21 [raphael]
Melli is not here
17:27:37 [raphael]
Topic: 3.4 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case
17:28:00 [raphael]
Michael does not really know the status
17:29:24 [raphael]
ACTION: Michael to contact Stamatia about this use case
17:29:36 [raphael]
Topic: 3.5 Photo Use case
17:31:48 [raphael]
Susanne: plan to use slides to present the use case
17:32:08 [raphael]
Raphael: F2F will be working session, we could spend one hour per use case
17:32:48 [raphael]
Susanne: overlap with the vocabulary page, many vocabularies possible
17:33:54 [raphael]
... discuss the applications that will handle the metadata
17:35:58 [raphael]
Jeff: towards a common framework for MM interoperability problems ...
17:36:32 [raphael]
Topic: 3.6 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case
17:36:46 [raphael]
Ioannis, would you like to comment ?
17:36:56 [IoannisPratikakis]
there is an update since yesterday
17:37:06 [IoannisPratikakis]
apologies for my late response
17:37:14 [IoannisPratikakis]
due to limited availability
17:37:20 [raphael]
would you like to explain this update ...
17:37:37 [IoannisPratikakis]
examples are more detaled
17:38:23 [IoannisPratikakis]
there is a Figure to depict the metadata over the web page
17:38:32 [raphael]
My main coments with the update is why choosing an example about athletics in Section 2 and then an art example in the solution (section 3)
17:38:39 [raphael]
?
17:38:49 [raphael]
When do you plan to discuss the solution ?
17:39:07 [raphael]
Topic: 3.7 Algorithm representation Use case
17:39:18 [IoannisPratikakis]
for both examples are already discussed the solutions
17:39:50 [raphael]
thanks Ioannis, what do you expect now for going forward ?
17:40:05 [raphael]
Two review for the use cases: Tobias and Raphael
17:40:13 [raphael]
zakim, who is talking
17:40:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is talking', raphael
17:40:16 [raphael]
zakim, who is talking?
17:40:28 [Zakim]
raphael, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P1 (28%), ??P3 (13%), ??P5 (71%)
17:40:32 [IoannisPratikakis]
more people involved from the SW community to give a more in-depth flavor of the SW requirements
17:40:37 [raphael]
zakim, mute ??P5
17:40:37 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not see a party named '??P5'
17:40:40 [raphael]
zakim, mute P5
17:40:40 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not see a party named 'P5'
17:41:04 [IoannisPratikakis]
we should discuss it at F2F meeting
17:41:20 [raphael]
ok Ioannis !
17:42:34 [raphael]
Patrizia: different kind of interoperability problems
17:42:45 [raphael]
... low level: input / output of the algorithms
17:43:09 [raphael]
... higher level: semantic concepts
17:43:49 [raphael]
You should take a look at the MPEG-7 ontology of K-Space .... (algorithm design pattern)
17:44:12 [IoannisPratikakis]
is it publicly available ?
17:44:33 [mhausenblas]
iannis: not yet
17:45:00 [IoannisPratikakis]
when do you estimate that we may have at least a draft ?
17:45:49 [raphael]
Most likely in December ...
17:46:16 [IoannisPratikakis]
If we can get it to F2F then perfect timing
17:47:51 [raphael]
ACTION: Patrizia to tell if someone from ISTI will make the F2F
17:48:29 [raphael]
Topic: 3.8 Tagging Use case
17:48:46 [raphael]
Small update on the description of the solution
17:49:12 [raphael]
George will not make the F2F
17:49:24 [raphael]
... but it is possible to make a demo during the Face 2 Face
17:50:47 [raphael]
Topic: 3.9 Building multimedial Semantic Web Applications
17:50:59 [raphael]
ACTION: Jeff and Vassilis to review
17:52:11 [raphael]
PENDING
17:52:24 [raphael]
Topic: 4. Interoperability Deliverable
17:52:30 [raphael]
Vassilis is not here
17:52:49 [raphael]
It will be an important point during the next F2F meeting
17:53:03 [raphael]
Susanne: what kind of text should be provided ?
17:54:11 [raphael]
Jeff: in section 9 (possible solutions) and 6.2
17:54:48 [raphael]
... summary of the problems encountered in the use cases
17:54:56 [mhausenblas]
we have a AP here already ... (Vassilis) - better wait?
17:55:28 [raphael]
ACTION: Vassilis to clarify the content of section 6 and 9 and ask to use case authors precised contributions, on the mailling list: PENDING
17:56:03 [raphael]
sorry, i quit the phone, no crdit on my phone card :-(
17:56:39 [raphael]
I'm finishing the telecon on IRC only
17:56:45 [raphael]
Michael, you scribe the end ?
17:56:59 [mhausenblas]
i'll try it ..
17:57:31 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:57:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
17:57:41 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:58:22 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Chairs to contact Vassilis, ALL UC authors to contribute till F2F
17:58:52 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Future Meetings
18:00:44 [anadiotis]
bye all
18:00:59 [Zakim]
INC_MMSEM()12:00PM has ended
18:01:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were
18:01:08 [SusanneBoll]
bye
18:01:39 [raphael]
Scribe: raphael, michael
18:01:44 [IoannisPratikakis]
bye, see you at F2F in Athens
18:02:00 [JeffP]
see you :-)
18:02:23 [raphael]
Present: SusanneBoll, Raphael, JeffPan, Michael, ISTI, George, Tobias, Ioannis(IRC), Jacco(IRC), alessio(IRC)
18:02:30 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:02:32 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:02:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
18:03:01 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:03:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
18:03:05 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:03:07 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:03:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2006/11/23-mmsem-minutes.html raphael
18:04:23 [alessio]
ciao, a bientot :)
18:04:35 [alessio]
alessio has left #mmsem
18:04:58 [mhausenblas]
bye - see you soon!
20:16:23 [SusanneBoll]
quit
20:46:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mmsem
20:59:01 [rellero__]
rellero__ has joined #mmsem
20:59:13 [rellero__]
rellero__ has left #mmsem